Over-Dressed and Under-Age

4

“Okay honey have fun, and please try to help out. Have you got everything out my car?” Rose asked as she pulled Frank into a hug.

“Yes, have a good time in Rome I'll see you in a month.” Frank said, they said their goodbyes and Rose got in the car and left. This was about two hours after she had arrived. Frank had even managed to unpack most things and made it feel more homely.

“So what did you think of the farm?” Alicia asked as Frank sat at the table helping Alicia to make the dinner.

“It's huge, but lovely yeah. Haha, I'm just scared in case I get lost or something.” Frank laughed.

“Haha, Gerard will be with you, you'll be working with him tomorrow anyway,” Alicia smiled. “Have you met Mikey yet?”

“I don't think so,” Frank shrugged.

“Hold on,” Alicia walked out the room and Frank heard her walk up the stairs. Then more foot steps walk back down them. “Frank this is my fiancée Mikey, Mikey this is Frank.” Frank held out his hand and Mikey shook it. He looked very young to have a three year old daughter, there again so did Alicia. Mikey had a grey hat covering his light brown hair and small square glasses. He was wearing a grey top and black jeans, no socks or shoes.

“Nice to meet you,” he smiled.

“And you,” Frank said back. “So does everyone speak English?”

“Nearly” Mikey said as Alicia got on with dinner and Mikey sat next to Frank. “The children sort of do but they're learning at school and gran doesn't. Sandy, Susie's child is the best at English.” Mikey smiled.

“No offence but you seem really young to have a three year old daughter.” Frank smiled hoping he took no offence.

“Haha, I'll take that as a compliment. No I was 23 when she was born, Alicia was 22.” Frank did the maths in his head to find out how old he was. Mikey is 26 and Alicia is in fact 25 like Frank have previously guessed.

“I see,” Frank smiled. “So what is for dinner?”

“I can't cook very well, but we always take it in turns so I always cook pasta, vegetables in a tomato sauce with cheese on top. It's actually not too bad,” Alicia smiled as she turned off the cooker.

“Sounds good,” Frank smiled.

Everyone sat down at this huge dinner table in a room of it's self. It was very fancy, a wooden long table with careful engravings on it, a white table cloth was spread out with a bottle of wine in the middle for the adults and juice for the kids. Jayne sat at the top of the table and Susie sat at the other end, his husband on the right and her three children on the three seats to her left. Gerard sat next to Jake, Frank sat next to Gerard and Mikey sat next to Gerard and Tyler sat next to Gerard. Alicia sat with the children at the other side.

They had good conversation, they were telling Frank about a good days work and what he would do tomorrow. Then what they do after work, that then led onto funny stories that had happened to them during their work.

After dinner everyone helped to clear up, Frank helped Gerard dry the dishes and put them away, by this time it was time for the children to settle down in their beds.

“This is my favourite part of the day,” Susie smiled as she herded her children. “After this then we can all chill out.” Frank smiled as he sat on the couch and had a cup of coffee with everyone else.

“Are you coming out for a cigarette, Frank?” Gerard asked as he stood up.

“Sure,” Frank smiled as he followed Gerard outside. “Where are we going?” He asked as he saw Gerard power walk ahead.

“To the grass field, I like sitting there at sunset, or night time and smoke. It's peaceful,” Frank smiled as he caught up with the French boy and followed him to the field.

The field was empty, not a soul there. It was just really long grass that grew, it came up to Frank's knees; he is short though. Gerard stopped right in the middle, lay down his jacket and lay down on it; Frank copied him and lay next to him.

“Saves you the bother of rolling one,” Frank smiled as he handed Gerard a ready made fag.

“Thank you,” Gerard smiled as he used the lighter after Frank.

“So where do I go to get cigarettes?” Frank asked, turning his head to look at Gerard.

“I'm going into the village tomorrow, so you can come with me and stock up on fags.” Gerard smiled as he inhaled the smoke.

“Okay,” Frank smiled as he turned his head to look up into the sky; it was a dark night. The stars shone brightly as did the moon, it was so peaceful and quiet all you could hear was the wind blowing, but it was not cold wind, in was quite nice.

“I go here pretty much every night, when the kids are being sent to bed. Because they get all hyper and start shouting and screaming, so I come here to chill after a day of work.” Gerard said.

“It is very peaceful, so what do we do tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow? We get up at 5am, I know it's early. Though I'll get you up at 6 because I just need to let the animals out. We feed the animals, collect the milk, eggs ect. Put them in the shed, then we water one filed and collect the fruit or vegetables. Then we'll go to the shop and do some shopping, we'll collect all the fruit off the orchid. Then carry them into a truck, after that we will need to wash the goats and sheep, after that we'll see what needs to be done.” Gerard ranted as he counted the things on his fingers.

“Jesus, that is a lot.” Frank giggled from the nerves.

“You get used to it, you don't get paid cash in hand but if you want something or need something then grandma will happily pay for it. That's the deal,” Gerard smiled.

“I see,” Frank nodded his head as he blew out some smoke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been ages!
I hope you like it

Zoe x