Status: Finished!

You Don't Know Me

one

Windsor was amazing to me, but Jack wasn't. Jack was my ex-boyfriend, who didn't get the hint when I told him to fuck off. It's been getting bad, threats, showing up at my house, and my parents suggested I leave the city in general, before I started fearing for my life.

"Where am I supposed to go?" I sighed sprawling across the couch of my parents living room.

"Well, I've been talking to your brother" my dad replied, "And he said you're welcome to stay with him"

"Doesn't he live with Jordan?"

"Yes..."

"How do you expect me to live with two 19 year old single guys?"

He shrugged, "Either that, or let this guy torture you"

I just sighed, "I'll call Taylor"

Taylor was my brother, he was only a year older, but he never acted like it. He was the star of the Edmonton Oilers, along with Jordan Eberle. They were the new faces of this franchise, hoping to bring it back to glory again.

"Hey Tay" I said falling back on my bed.

"Hey Jules, I heard what's going on, and I want you here"

"You live with Jordan too, how the hell will I survive you two?"

"Dude, you'll keep us straightened out!" he replied with a laugh.

"Taylor, I don't know if I can just pick up my life and leave. My friends are here" I said sitting up and hanging my feet over the edge of the bed.

He just sighed, "Jules, you're safer here"

"Promise me everything will be okay there"

"I'm your big brother, I won't let anything happen to you"

"Then I'm there. It will be an adventure" I replied.

--

I didn't tell Jack I was leaving, because I know he'd do everything he could to keep me from going. He can find out on his own, and yell at me all the way from Windsor.

I stepped off the plane in Edmonton and something felt good about the atmosphere already. I felt welcome, it may not have been small like Windsor, but it was already feeling like home.

"Jules!" I looked over a few shoulders and saw Taylor frantically waving at me purposely to embarass me.

"Nice" I said with a laugh wrapping him in a hug.

"How was your flight?" he asked grabbing one of my bags and wrapping an arm around my shoulder directing me to the car.

"Fine" I replied, "I hate flying though"

"Well you're here now" he said opening the door for me, "Oh look, someone came to see you!" I looked at the car sitting next to the sidewalk and Jordan was leaning against Taylor's truck. Jordan and I had met when Taylor was playing in the World Juniors, and we had become pretty close. Without Taylor's knowledge, we had a thing, nothing serious, and it didn't last, but he was such a great guy. We just didn't click that way, and we stayed friends, and kept in contact when I went back to Windsor.

"Jordy!" I said dropping my bag and wrapping my arms around his neck, "Missed you!"

"Missed you too" he replied, "You sure you're able to handle living with us?" he asked grabbing my bag and throwing it in the back seat of the car.

"I think I can handle you guys" I smirked, "So how is your first season in Edmonton?" I said climbing into the back seat of the truck.

"It's been really great, still early in, but loving it" Jordan replied climbing into the passenger seat.

"You guys look really promising for the next few years" I said, "I can't wait til you guys have some experience, and all grow as a team. You'll soon be a force to be reckoned with if you keep it going"

"It's going to be a great few years" Taylor replied pulling out onto the highway, "You mind if you join us for practice this morning? We're already late"

"I don't mind at all" I shrugged, "As long as I'm not seen"

"Why?"

"No makeup, sweats, haven't brushed my hair, and I just got off a long flight"

"Trust me, none of those guys are getting near you" Taylor replied.

"Protective much?"

"You're not getting near any one of them, not after what happened with Jack" he said.

"By the way Julie, I'm really sorry about--" I cut Jordan off and sat back, "I'm not talking about it"

"Sorry" he replied shaking his head and looking ahead of him again.

"You look fine" Taylor said, "Take a brush to your hair and you'll be good"

"Fine" I huffed grabbing a brush from my bag and combing it through my hair.

We got to Rexall place and I followed them in, and was eventually sat down in a seat a few rows up from the ice. I watched them practice and pulled my knees up to my chest, pulled my sleeves over my hands and eventually fell asleep.

"Jules"

I shook my head and looked up to see Jordan, I stretched out and rubbed my eyes, "Were we that boring?" he smirked sitting down next to me.

"Jet lag I guess. I'm exhausted, and all this shit with Jack really wore me out"

"What happened?" he asked, "If you don't mind me asking"

"I told him we were done, when I found him fucking my supposed friend, and he couldn't accept it. There were threats, and it was getting worse, it was taking too long for a restraining order, so I just left"

"Are you okay? Were you guys--"

"In love? Far from it" I said shaking my head, "It was kind of like our thing, except a bit a more serious. I know it sounds terrible, but he was something to show off, and I was bored. Wow, that actually sounds really bad" I sighed shaking my head, "I'm done with guys for a while"

"Well, I'm sure your brother will make sure of that" he smirked, "And speaking of, he's waiting"

I looked around and stood up, following Jordan. I stopped for a moment and he turned around, "What?"

"Turn back around" I told him.

"Why?"

"Just do it"

He turned around and I jumped on his back, wrapping my arms around his neck, and he grabbed my legs, "Piggy back, really Julie?"

"Shut up" I told him, "It's fun"

We made it up the stairs and into the hallway where he put me down and met a few of the guys. I felt insecure and totally not prepared for meeting a bunch of hockey players.

"Not cool" I said hiding behind Taylor, "I told you I wasn't prepared for this"

"It's only a couple guys" he told me, "Plus, one's Swedish, who knows if he'll understand you"

"Funny" a shaggy dark haired boy said coming up to Taylor. I stood back shyly, crossing my arms across my chest and his dark eyes met mine. As if he was shoving Taylor out of the way, he stepped towards me, "Hi"

I smiled nervously and replied, "Hi"

"This is Julie" Taylor said, "My sister" he emphasized the last part, and he backed off a bit, "Jules, this is Magnus Paajarvi"

"Hi, nice to meet you" I smiled at him again and he smiled back, and my entire body weakened a bit just at the sight of it. Who was this kid and how did he manage to do this to a complete stranger?

"I should probably go" I told him finally breaking eye contact, "I'll see you around..." Taylor and I brushed past him and met up with Jordan.

"Meet Paajarvi?" he asked.

I just nodded, "I did"

"Nice kid, eh?"

I turned back to look in his direction for a moment and nodded, facing back in front of me, biting my lip, "Very"