Status: Finished!

You Don't Know Me

ten

My phone went off, startling me and I pulled back for air, "Leave it" he

mumbled into my neck while his grip tightened around my waist. A slight

moan passed my lips and I saw him smile a bit before kissing me again, "I

need to answer it" I whined hearing it again.

"Fine" he sighed. He pulled back but his hands traced up and down my leg,

sending shivers up my spine. I smirked and looked down and saw Magnus'

name on the screen. I took a breath and jumped off the counter, "I need to

take this" I told Jordan.

"Um...okay?"

"I'm sorry I just...I have to take it" I shut my bedroom door and answered

it, "Hey Mags"

"Nicknames already?" I chuckled and laid down across my bed, "It works,

right?"

"Yes" he replied, "Is everything okay? You sound a little stressed"

I thought of Jordan just outside my door and I took a breath, "It's

nothing you have to worry about"

"You sure?"

I nodded to myself, "I'm sure Mags"

"You coming to the game tomorrow?"

"Yes I am actually, why?"

"I was wondering if maybe we could do lunch or something? Or maybe--"

"How about I come over after the game and we can hang out?" I didn't know

if it was a great idea for us to be alone together, but it might be the

best way for me to tell him the truth, just in case he takes it hard.

"Sounds great"

"Fantastic, so I'll see you then"

We both hung up and I gripped my phone tighter and closed my eyes taking

in a few breaths. I heard a knock and Jordan say my name, barely audible,

"Come in" I said.

"Who was it?"

"A friend" I replied quickly, "I hadn't spoken to them in a while"

"You seemed upset when you saw who it was"

"Just startled, that's all"

He sat down beside me and I sat up keeping my eyes on my hands while his

own were clamped together tightly, "I need to know whether this is all

we're going to do Jules"

"What do you mean?"

"We kept this a secret at the tournament and we're keeping this a secret

now, in your own brother's apartment, this isn't going to stay a secret

forever"

Suddenly I started to realize how many secrets I've really been keeping.

"I just need to figure things out Jordan, I promise we'll--"

"You keep saying that" he sighed, "I'm starting to think you don't want

this"

"That's the problem! I don't know what I want Jordan. Sometimes I just

wish I had stayed in Windsor"

"So you regret what's happened?"

"That's not what I meant"

"Then tell me please because I feel like maybe you're dragging me along

for just--"

"Jordan I'm not. I do--I do have feelings for you" I stammered, "But I

might...might have feelings for someone else too" his eyes widened and he

stood up, his fists clenching slightly, "Who?" he asked.

The inevitable question.

"It's no one you know, okay?"

More secrets. More lying.

"His name?"

"Why is that important?"

"Because you've been apparently seeing someone else behind my back"

"We're not together Jordan, don't act like I belong to you" I was standing

up now, "You need to stop pretending like I'm yours, when I never was"

"Then how about you stop acting like you want to be" he left the room and

slammed the door behind him. I heard Taylor come into the apartment and

Jordan snapped at him. A moment later Taylor was knocking on my door.

"You two bickering again?" he asked running a hand through his hair.

I nodded.

"You might as well just get married now then. You've at least got that

part down" he shut the door and I let out a long breath falling back onto

my bed again.

--

About an hour passed and I stepped out of my room, hoping Jordan had quieted down. I saw them both talking and then they looked at me, Taylor now a bit uneasy and my stomach turned to knots, "You're talking about me now?"

"You're seeing someone?" I glared at Jordan and shook my head, "Wow, thanks Jordy" my sarcasm drew out a scoff from him and Taylor stood up, "Are you Julie?"

"We're friends, and I might like him, that's it" I replied.

"Who is it?"

I knew it was impossible to keep this from them now and I knew this was going to hurt--but wait. Maybe there was another way to look at this. Jordan was smiling smugly, he knew he had me, he knew he'd get the name out of me this time. But he underestimated me.

I looked over at Jordan and I smiled, "Him" I pointed to Jordan, "I've been seeing Jordan"

Jordan's eyes widened and Taylor slowly turned around. He never said a word to Jordan but Jordan did speak, "Taylor I--"

"My sister? You've been--and you" he turned to me and his voice raised, "You lied to me!"

"Taylor I'm sorry"

"Why wouldn't you just..." his voice trailed off and he sat down taking a breath. I looked over at Jordan and he shook his head and took a breath, "I'm taking a walk" he said. He left before Taylor could say another word.

"How long?" he asked as Jordan shut the door.

"Stuff happened at the tournament when we first met and then when I came here we just--it happened" I shrugged a little and crossed my arms, "I just, there's more you don't know, even he doesn't know"

"Do I want to know?"

"I don't know" I sighed sitting up against the back of the couch on the floor, "I wish I had just stayed home"

"And let Jack get to you? Out of the question"

"Why can't I just go home now then?" the question caught him off guard, and even I hadn't thought about the possibility until now. Maybe I could go home and escape all this. Except leaving Magnus just didn't feel right.

"I suppose if you really want to, you probably could"

I shook my head and bit my lip, "There's someone else, but you have to promise me two things okay? You can't tell Jordan and you can't get mad at me, because it's not something I can control"

"I promise"

"You really promise?"

I knew my brother wasn't big on promises and I knew he would get angry about the fact I was falling not only for his best friend but two of his teammates too.

"I really promise Julie"

"I've grown feelings for Magnus. He's one of the reasons I haven't told anyone about Jordan and I's relationship...if you'd even call it that. You would have known a long time ago. I'm so torn Taylor, I don't know what to do"

"Does Magnus know?" I was surprised how calm he was when asking the question. I was waiting for a rant of some sort for him to get out of his system, but he managed to keep it in.

I shook my head, "No"

"That's your first step. Everyone has to know the truth Julie, or everything could go south on you really fast."

"Magnus?" I heard Jordan in the doorway and I jumped to my feet immediately, "Jordan I was--"

"I should have figured it out"

He looked upset, no surprise there but there was also a hint of embarassment on his face, like I pulled one over on him and that was a kick in the gut to me. I was worse than I thought.

"I'm sorry"

He shook his head, "I thought I knew you Julie, but you're not the person I thought you were"

There was disappointment in his eyes, which was worse than anger. I wish he would get angry, I wish he would slam doors and yell at me. But all he did was shut the door and walk slowly to his own room, suhtting that door as well, quietly and I felt like screaming.

"Julie?" I felt Taylor's hand on my back and I stepped away, "I need to be alone for a little while" I said, quietly shutting the door to my bedroom for the last time that night.