Status: Finished!

You Don't Know Me

three

Jordan kept his eyes on the tv, leaning forward with his hands gripped on a bottle of Coors Light. He looked out of it, tired and frustrated. I knew him enough to know how when he was upset or not.

I sat down on the arm of the couch next to him, but he didn't even budge.

"How 'bout them Riders eh Jordy?" they were down by a couple touchdowns and he just glared at me. I smirked and then laughed. I was trying to break the tension between us, but it wasn't working.

"Jordan, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked quietly, setting my bottle down and walking towards the kitchen. He stood up, and followed me in.

"What?"

"What's your problem?"

"Nothing" he replied, "Nothing at all"

"Can we just...take this slow?" I asked, "I'm not ready for this okay?"

"Do you even want this?"

"The reason I want to take it slow" I said quieting my voice lower, "I don't know yet"

"Fine, we'll do it your way"

"Don't do that" I snapped, "Don't make it like I'm the enemy"

"I'm not!"

"How about we just...steer clear of each other for a while" I told him.

"You think that will work, considering we live together?"

"Trust me, I'll make it work" I snapped walking past him, nudging him in the process and grabbing my bottle off the side table.

"Everything okay Jules?" Taylor asked.

"I'm fine" I snapped.

I walked into my bedroom and set my bottle on the bedside table, laying sideways across my bed. I stared up at the blank ceiling, running through my head all that was going on. I haven't even been here a week, and I just want to go home.

Deal with Jordan, or deal with Jack?

Deal with Jordan.

"Everything okay?" I heard that familiar accent, and I didn't even need to sit up to know who it was.

"Not really" I sighed, "Alot going on, I've barely been here a week"

"Something going on with Jordan?"

"Nah, we just don't always see eye to eye. I've known him for a couple years now, we're just trying to settle things, since we'll be living together for a while" I replied sitting up and crossing my legs up onto the bed.

He leaned against the doorframe and took a drink, "And the ex-boyfriend"

"Long story short, he's a psycho. He's threatened me, I had to leave, I couldn't stand it anymore"

"Nobody deserves to bre treated like that"

"I should have figured it out sooner" I shrugged, "I really didn't feel anything for him, and when he screwed me over, I knew that this whole relationship was a mistake" I said taking a drink.

"I'm sure you'll find better"

"I hope you're right. I haven't met one guy who's after me for me, and not just sex"

He looked down at his bottle and sighed, "Might be closer than you think"

I just smirked and bit my lip, looking up at him, "Do you want to go for coffee sometime?" I asked out of nowhere. It just came out, but something felt right about it.

"With me?" he asked.

I just laughed, "Yes, with you. I'll give you my cell phone, and maybe one of these days when you're not busy, we could grab a coffee"

"Uh, okay"

"You have your phone there?" I asked.

He nodded and pulled it out of his pocket, handing it to me, I stood up and took it from his grip, scrolling through and added my name and number, "You call me" I smirked.

He just smiled, "Trust me, I will"