Status: Finished!

You Don't Know Me

four

I was meeting Magnus this morning for coffee, of course I hadn't told the boys, because I know they'd object pretty quickly. It was an off day for the guys, so they were sleeping in this morning. I made sure to meet Mags early enough so they wouldn't know I had even left. Ten am, that shouldn't be too late, right?

"Morning Jules!" Taylor said taking a bite of his bagel as I stepped out of my bedroom.

I tried to hide the disappointment and utter fear on my face. I had to think of something to tell him.

"Going somewhere?" he asked.

I looked down at my white v-neck t-shirt and jeans, and my black peacoat in my hand, "Uh, I was going to get breakfast" I said, "Didn't feel like making anything"

"There's food here" he replied shoving another piece of the bagel in his mouth.

I just sighed, "Yah I know"

I looked down at my phone and quickly texted Magnus, telling him I'd be late. I wasn't missing this, I wasn't bailing on him now.

"I'm going to take a walk anyways, grab a coffee, take in Edmonton" I said throwing my jacket on.

"Need company?"

"Nah" I told him, "I need to clear my head anyways, I shouldn't be long"

"See you in a bit" he said as I shut the door behind me. Why didn't I think of that at first?

I walked down the street, while the cool November air hit my face. It seemed to be getting colder everyday, I don't remember it ever being this cold in Windsor...ever.

I stepped into the Starbucks and rubbed my hands together in an attempt to warm myself up. I looked around and found him sitting in the far corner, tapping his cup nervously, keeping his eyes downwards.

"Hey" I said sitting in front of him, pulling my jacket off and setting it on the back of the chair, "So much warmer in here" I smiled.

He kept his eyes on me, almost shocked that I was sitting in front of him, "Hi"

"Didn't think I'd come?" I smirked, "You don't have much faith"

"Well you said you would be late, and--"

"My brother was up already, and if he knew I was coming to meet you, he wouldn't be impressed. He's a tad protective" I sighed.

He just nodded, "I can understand that, big brothers usually are" he shrugged, "You want a coffee?"

"Yes" I nodded, "But I can grab it"

"I'll pay" he replied, "I don't mind"

I just smiled and bit my lip following him up to the counter, "Grande Caramel Macchiato" I told the lady, while Magnus followed by handing her the cash. I felt different eyes on me, because of who was standing next to me. He may not be Taylor Hall, but he certainly is still an Oiler.

I wrapped both my hands around the cup, feeling the warmth from the hot coffee, "So glad I made this decision" I told him.

"Me too" he nodded.

For about an hour, we chatted about our lives, family, friends and even past relationships. The one thing I never mentioned was Jordan, I don't know why, I guess I just didn't consider it a relationship.

"Yah, so that's when I ended up here" I shrugged, "My life is so interesting" I said with a hint of sarcasm. He just smiled and I felt my entire body go limp again. He managed to do something to me that no other human being ever could. Is it possible I'm feeling something for him? I don't know if I know him well enough for that yet.

I ended up back at the apartment after saying my goodbyes and parting ways with Magnus. Taylo looked at me a bit differently, seeing the smile on my face.

"You okay?" Taylor asked, "You're actually...smiling"

I just shrugged, "Good day I guess"

"Really good day, I'd say" he replied, "But I'm heading out to the rink for a bit by myself, clear my head, get a workout in, so I'll be back for dinner"

"Spaghetti?" I asked him.

"Uh, YES" he replied slipping his feet into his sneakers and leaning down to tie them.

I just laughed, "I thought so"

"Okay" he said kissing my forehead gently, "See you in a bit"

He shut the door behind him and Jordan finally emerged from his room, "Look who it is" I said beginning to tidy up the kitchen, "Not going to the rink with Taylor today?"

"Nah, not feeling great"

"Like physically?" I asked setting a few dishes in the dishwasher. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his forehead and then his cheeks, "You're burning up Jordy"

He just nodded and sat down at the island, "Look under the sink" he told me.

"For what?"

"A bucket"

"Aw shit Jordan" I said grabbing it quickly and handing it to him. I turned away and heard him throw up into it and then looked over at him, handing it to me.

"Like I said, I'm not your mother. There's a sink, right there, feel free to clean it out"

"But Julie" he whined.

"Jordan, you're a big boy" I told him, "I'll go pick up some stuff for you, but clean that out and keep it in your room" I grabbed my coat and slipped my Uggs back on, "I'll be back in a few minutes, okay?"

I stepped out into the cool November air once again, but making the short trip to the drug store this time. I grabbed a bottle of ginger ale, Gravol, and Mint tea, which always seemed to do the trick for me.

I got home and set the bag on the counter, I knocked on his door and walked in, "Feeling up for some Gravol?" I asked him.

He just nodded and I handed a glass of water and a Gravol, "This will probably knock you out, which is what you'll mostly need right now anyways"

He took it, without saying a word and set it down on the bedside table. I just sighed and stood up, closing the door over quietly.

"Julie?"

"Yah?" I said opening the door again.

"Thank you"

I just smiled. "Anything for you Jordy"