Status: Finished!

You Don't Know Me

eight

The guys were back sometime today from their road trip. It was nice to have a few days to myself, to think. I had come to the conclusion that Jordan was a bad idea, and that we needed to stay friends, even knowing his feelings for me.

I felt my phone buzz and I looked to see Magnus' name, which immediately put a smile on my face. I liked him alot, and he's exactly what I should be going after.

We'll be back a little late tonight, but a coffee tomorrow morning? I miss your face

My smile grew as I read it and I replied immediately.

That sounds perfect, I'll meet you there around 11?

He agreed and before I could respond again my phone rang, and it was my mother, "Hey mom"

"You need to know something"

"What's going on?"

"Jack's in Edmonton"

"You're kidding"

"Tell me your brother and Jordan are there, because who knows when--"

"Mom they're on their way back from their trip...I don't know when they'll be back. Sometime tonight I think"

"You lock those doors"

I swallowed and nodded locking the door quickly, "Done"

"Don't answer it unless you know who it is"

"I'll be okay mom"

"Me and your dad are on our way to Edmonton now"

"Okay.."

"I love you"

"I love you too" I hung up and set my phone down slowly on the island in the kitchen. Every little noise threw me off, and my heart beat faster every minute. It's only a matter of time...

I heard a knock a few moments later but I didn't say anything.

"Anyone home?" he sung it as if mocking me, knowing very well I was here, but I didn't respond.

"Damn it Julie, I know you're in there" he said pounding the door louder.

"Fuck off" I snapped.

"That's my girl, where's the boys?"

"None of your business"

"But they're not home are they?"

I didn't respond, instead I dialled 911 while he continued pounding on the door demanding that I open it.

"911 What's your emergency"

"My ex boyfriend, he's harassing me" I said quietly.

"You're going to need to speak up"

"I need you to get the fuck over here before he fucking breaks my door down!" I yelled, "He's got a bad temper and I will not be able to fight him off"

"Honey, you need to calm down and tell me where you are"

I gave her the address and I heard Jack yelling again, "Jujube, you calling the police will not make this go away"

"I'm not opening the fucking door!" I yelled.

"Honey, someone's coming as soon as they can, lock yourself in another room of the apartment and you can stay on the phone with me if you like"

"No it's okay...I have someone I'm calling" I said running into the bathroom and locking the door, "Thank you" I hung up and immediately dialled Taylor's number. It rang three times before he finally picked up.

"Taylor" I said as quietly as I could, "Please tell me you're almost home"

"About twenty minutes from home...why?"

"Jack's here, it's not good"

His voice immediately changed to fear and I could hear him moving around, "Are you okay?"

"I'm locked in another room, Taylor it's only a matter of time until he--" my voice was breaking and I felt the tears streaming down my face, "Jules, everything is going to be fine, I love you okay? I'm driving as fast as I can, he's not taking you away from me okay?"

"Is Jordan there?"

"Yes"

"If you're driving, I want to talk to him, keep him on the phone with me" I heard shuffling around and then that voice I never thought I'd miss so much.

"Hey sweetheart" he said, "We'll be there soon, okay? What's happening, what's he doing?"

"The banging stopped" I said, "Maybe he stopped trying"

"Don't you dare move" he told me, "You stay where you are"

"Okay"

I heard him yelling again, "God damn it Julie, you know I'll get in there sooner or later!"

I tried to keep calm, but my breath was shaky and he could hear it, "You called the cops right?" he asked.

"Yes"

"They'll be there before we are, they have to be there soon"

"It feels like it's been a lifetime since I called" I replied, "I just wish he would go away"

"I won't let him hurt you" he said, "Ever" he said it with such defiance, like he was going to make sure nothing would touch me again. Like he loved me.

"I know"

All of a sudden the next few minutes were a blur. I heard the door smash open and I dropped my phone in panic, curling myself up hoping to God the police would get here, then I heard the sirens, distant but getting louder. He wouldn't hurt me before they got here, surely they would scare him off.

"Cops won't scare me off" he said, "it will only be a matter of time before I'm out again, and I'll just keep coming"

I didn't respond to him. I closed my eyes tightly and left my phone on, so Jordan could hear everything.

"They'll still be too late when I'm done with you. You know you made a mistake leaving like that. We could have been really good together Jules" then he smashed something in the living room, "we could have been great together in fact" his voice was escalating and so was his anger. Before I knew he smashed the bathroom door in and I saw him standing there, all 6'3" of him. His green eyes were glowing and he was still breathing heavily, "There's my little girl" he walked in and grabbed me by the arm pulling me and tossing me into the living room, "Nice place you have here" he said, "You were almost impossible to find, because of how secret they keep the locations of some of these star players" He moved closer to me, inch by inch and was now only inches away from my face, "Did you miss me?"

"No"

His hand reached up and before I could react my cheek was burning and I was holding my cheek, "You're a liar"

"I left for a reason"

"Do you want me to hit you again? You know I don't want to hurt you, but you make it really difficult" he grabbed my wrist and violently pulled me out of the apartment, "The cops are here, where are you going?"

"Somewhere where you're safe with me" he said kissing my cheek while I tried to pull away from him. Finally a couple cops had stopped in front of us on the stairs. He stopped quickly and it wasn't long before something was against my head.

"Drop the weapon" they said pulling their guns out quickly. My heart started racing and both Jordan and Magnus came to my mind and I started crying again, "Jack please" I pleaded, "Please don't do this, you don't want to do this"

"They're making me do this baby"

"Please, I'll do whatever you want. I'll stay with you"

"You will?"

"Yes" I saw Jordan and Taylor at the bottom of the stairs and I looked down at Jordan who mouthed "I love you".

Jack saw it and squeezed his arm tighter around my neck and started pulling back, "Jack no, stop, please"

"No, you're lying to me. You're fucking that little hockey player prick you dated before you met me. I should have known"

"Sir, drop the weapon" the officer repeated himself but he shook his head, "I'm not leaving her"

And all in a matter of moments I felt another set of hands behind me grab onto Jack and pull him away from me while someone else grabbed a hold of me, "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay"

"This isn't over Julie! I'm not done with you" I looked down at Jordan and went down the rest of the stairs grabbing onto him before even recognizing Taylor's presence. He kept whispering something but I couldn't hear it over the sound of my sobbing.

He squeezed me tighter but let go and I felt Taylor's arms around me, "I love you" he said, "I'm so sorry..."

My arms tightened around his waist and I cried. I didn't know how long we stood there for but it wore me down and Taylor was the only thing holding me up.

"Jules, we're going to go to Magnus' for the night okay? Until we get the apartment cleaned up" all I did was nod and that was the last thing I remember.