Status: COMPLETED.

To Be Happy Now

new york city

They broke it to Ricky just a few minutes before they left, so he couldn't do anything about it. He was shocked and mad, but Alaska gave her brother a hug and told him to calm down. He pulled Austin in by the sleeve of his shirt and said,

"You better fucking take care of her."

To which Austin nodded his head and said, "Of course."

Alaska couldn't contain her excitement. She was texting in all caps to Hayley (who replied back in the same manner) and she couldn't stop jumping up and down in her seat. Austin chuckled and put an arm around her and said,

"Calm down, will you?"

She shook her head. "I can't. My dream is coming true."

Austin smiled and kissed her cheek.

The flight was four hours long. Austin and Alaska talked to each other to keep themselves company, while also taking a break every now and then to read a book or listen to music. They played a game where they'd guess why everyone on the plane was going to New York.

"He's meeting up with his secret mistress," Alaska said, pointing to a man in a business suit.

"She's going to her sister's wedding, who's marrying the man she fell in love with so many years ago, and hopes to eventually stop the wedding because of it," Austin said, pointing to a woman staring, longingly, out the window.

Alaska laughed.

The captain announced they would be arriving shortly, and Alaska couldn't stop staring out the window, where she saw the giant skyscrapers of Manhattan. She let out a squeal when they landed and while they walked through JFK airport, all she could think about were all the things they could do.

"Let's go see a Broadway show! I wanna see Raven-Symone in Sister Act because, well, I love Raven-Symone. Hey, we can also go to Madame Tussauds and take pictures with our favorite 'celebrities'. We should also take one of those bus tours, because what's the harm in that–"

Austin chuckled and listened to her go on and on. He loved that she was so excited. He loved that it made her so happy. He'd never seen Alaska that excited before, and he wanted to make the best of it.

Austin got them a hotel in the heart of Manhattan. Alaska gasped and said, "Austin, how much did you pay for this?" when they entered their posh room. She looked around, awed.

"Alaska, it was nothing."

"No, Austin, seriously. Are you the illegitimate son of Bill Gates? This must've cost a fortune!"

Austin pulled her into him and wrapped his arms around her. "It's all for you, Miss Sumner."

Alaska shook her head. "No. I'll pay you back. I swear."

"I won't take it."

Alaska whimpered. Austin grinned and he said, "C'mon. Let's go eat something before we go and explore and shit."

"Can I pay for that?"

Austin rolled his eyes. "No."

"Austin, please!" she exclaimed, pushing him away. "You're a musician. I'm a student who's living off of my dad's money. It's obvious who has more of it here in this situation. Please, let me pay for lunch. At least."

Austin sighed and said, "Fine."

She grinned and said, "Thank you."

"Be glad I like you so much to hurt my masculinity by doing this."

"What masculinity?"

Alaska laughed at the look he gave and pulled him into a kiss.

"Thanks for doing this, Austin."

Austin smiled. "Anything for you, Alaska."

After they had lunch, they walked around the city. They were in the heart of one of the greatest cities in the world. Alaska fawned over many things. She took pictures of the United Nations building, the Statue of Liberty, and the many skyscrapers. They even went and saw Sister Act and posed ridiculously in Madame Tussauds.

And for Alaska's sake, Austin even obliged to going to the fashion district. Alaska couldn't help herself and bought so many things, she wasn't sure she could fit them all in her suitcase. She posed for Austin, who gave the okay on whether they looked good or not. He usually said yes.

By the end of the day, they got back to their hotel, exhausted.

"Oh, my God," Alaska said, plopping down on the bed.

"Isn't New York great?" Austin asked, kicking his shoes off.

"Oh, my God."

Austin laughed and plopped down next to her. He took her hand in his and kissed the back of it, as they both stared up at the ceiling.

"Are you hungry? We should probably eat something..." Austin said.

Alaska stood up and she strode over to the bathroom without saying anything. She took a breath and thought about the man who took her all around New York City and gave her everything she could possibly want. She took another breath and opened the bathroom door.

"So...food?" Austin suggested.

Alaska climbed onto him and kissed him on the lips, hard. Austin chuckled into the kiss and when she continued, his hands tangled themselves in her hair. She wrapped her around around his neck as she straddled him.

"Alaska," Austin said, breaking off. "We shouldn't–"

"No, we should," she mumbled.

Austin pulled away and closed his eyes, sighing. "Alaska."

"Austin, I want this!" she exclaimed, taking his head in her hands. "Austin, don't think about the cancer. Just think about me."

He stared into her eyes for the longest time. Alaska didn't back down. She stared right back, because she knew it was what she wanted. She was ready.

Austin couldn't take it anymore and he gave in. He pulled her in and flipped them over so he was on top. He took his shirt off and guided his lips down to her neck. His hands slipped underneath his tank top and unhooked her bra, easily. Alaska was breathing heavily, but she was finding it exhilarating.

He peeled off each article of clothing, one by one. He was careful to be gentle and loving. His lips never left her skin and his hands roamed her body until they finally intertwined with hers.

"Fuck, Alaska," he growled.

It hurt, but she didn't dare let it show. She got that aching feeling in her abdomen and lower back, but Austin was so gentle, that it wasn't excruciating. She never thought that losing her virginity would be like that–in New York with the one person she's ever felt anything for.

Their panting and heavy breathing filled the silence. They laid on their backs and stared at the ceiling and they were both thinking different things.

"Austin?" she called out into the silence.

"Yeah, Alaska?"

"I–I love you."

Complete and utter silence was all that followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
alaska in new york

Don't hate me because I don't know how to write sex scenes :/

thank you for commenting! :)