Status: New Project(:

Deceiving

Fugitives

Chapter Three: Fugitives
~~~


I had been driving for almost two hours and everyone was sound asleep. Having no one to talk to or keep me company- even if they had wanted to- I began to sing softly.

All I want to know is where were you when I needed you most?

Why did you leave me alone?

We gave up before we gave it a chance and I don't understand

Back to where we left off, baby

"How have you been and what's been new with you lately?"

Just forget it, it's the same old runaround

You build me up just to let me down

Down


"You're a pretty good singer." I heard someone suddenly interrupt me.

I quickly looked over and saw that Percy was watching me intently from his seat. He was sitting on the other end of the truck with Annabeth sitting next to him. I didn't fail to notice that her head was on his shoulder. I looked back at the road. I couldn't let this chick ruin everything Luke had worked for.

"I'm not a daughter of Apollo for nothing." I told him.

"Apollo's kids are musical? But I thought he was the god of the sun."

"So naïve Percy, you have much to learn. But don't sweat it, took me awhile- 'cept I was much younger. But yes, majority of us are; however, there are some flukes sometimes."

"Oh." Percy said.

I sneaked a glance at him and saw he was staring at me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking." He dragged out slowly.

"About what?" I asked, getting off at one of the exits so that we could make it to Tennessee.

"I-just forget it actually. It's dumb."

"Just tell me- I don't bite." I laughed.

"I was wondering if you could just keep singing. It was really relaxing and… hopefully it'll take my mind off the fact that my arm is asleep." I could tell that Percy was looking at Annabeth now.

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Maybe I still had a shot- however slim it could be. "Sure, I don't mind- it helps calm me down. And you could always push her over onto Grover."

"I would, but I don't want to wake her."

"Fair enough." I said and without hesitating began to sing again.

Every day and night you've got an open invitation, whoa

As long as I'm your one and only destination

Fly with me, I'll be your fantasy, oh, yeah

You're in demand but baby, baby, so am I

But if you're weak and try to sneak

I'll have to tell you bye, bye

I'm a put you on the spot

Am I your only girl or not?


Xxx

"Oh look, she got us here without crashing." Annabeth commented when Percy had woke her up. He hadn't done it very pleasantly either. He merely opened the door once I had parked and let her slump over and hit her head.

I rolled my eyes as she continued to take out her anger on me.

"Annabeth- be quiet for a sec." Grover told her.

She immediately stopped talking, but glared at me. I quickly walked away and over to a park bench that was nearby. We had arrived at the replica of the Parthenon, but I had decided to keep out of sight. The sun was just starting to rise and as soon as I saw the first few rays of the sun I felt more energetic and up for anything. Especially for Annabeth's constant nagging.

"So what's the plan?" I heard Grover ask.

"Well, we can't let Percy be seen- he's a fugitive now." I heard Annabeth say.

"You do know though that there are cameras around?" I asked them. "I'm sure they keep twenty-four hour surveillance around here.

"Just brilliant Morning!" I heard Annabeth exclaim. "Do you want Percy to get arrested by those mortals looking for him?"

"Excuse me?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow. Why did all these situations seem to turn around to be my fault?

"You parked us in broad daylight- easy for any of us to be seen!" she hissed.

"Well then maybe you should drive next time. And for your information twit, I made sure that I parked somewhere out of sight. I'm just saying that when we go to the Parthenon, people might recognize him. I can only manipulate the mist so much."

"You can do that?" Annabeth asked me.

"I thought you figured that out when I got us a room."

"Well, I hadn't actually thought-Morning! You can't do that!"

"Says who? You?" I asked.

"It isn't right to manipulate people to do certain things for you."

"We needed a room- I got us one. I didn't kill anyone."

"Guys, guys! Calm down- no need to fight at a time like this- especially since we're stuck with each other." Grover informed us. "Now, we need to think about a plan. And Morning if you can manipulate the cameras just enough so Percy doesn't get caught that would be great."

"I'll do my best." I told him. "Now, let's figure out how we're going to search for the pearl and at what time of day we're doing it."

Xxx

"Our best chance is when the place is crowded with people." I informed them, once we had gotten a plan together.

"I've gotta agree with Morning on this. And we should also split up in groups to look for it." Annabeth said, liking my idea.

"The faster we'll find it." I told Grover and Percy who seemed skeptic of the idea.

"Alright then." Grover said. "I'll be with Percy and you girls can be together."

I nodded my head, not arguing. It would seem strange to do so. "I think if we did it in the afternoon, after twelve thirty, we should be good."

"Sounds good to me." Annabeth exclaimed, smiling to me. We all stood up and decided to play in the fields for the morning, but not before I pulled Percy's hood up.

"What are you doing?" he asked me, about to put his hood back down.

"Do you want to be spotted? Because I'm sure there are tons of people who watch the news that would love to put someone like you behind bars." I told him, catching his hand from pulling back the hood.

"Good point." He told me.

I gave him a look that said 'ya think' and continued on behind Grover and Annabeth who had found a sunny patch in the field where we could hang out until it was time to search for the pearl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Looks like Annabeth and Morning can team up to make some pretty good plans- who would have thought? Anyways- next chapter (hoping) will be up soon. I've got some good ideas for some Percy/Morning fluff in the next one because, honestly, they really haven't had much of anything. Luke will also be coming up in the next chapter and you'll get to find out more about his relationship with Morning. Bye for now!

P.S.- And I do not own the songs Where Were You by Every Avenue and the song You're My Only Short by Demi Lovato (however, I had Ariana Grande's version in mind as I wrote this).