‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Wonderland

Alex wasn't joking when he said we were going to Scotland. We arrived shortly after 1 AM in Glasgow and spent the next thirty minutes looking for everybody's bags. One of Kay's relatives picked us up, and we all crammed into a tiny car, everyone setting on someone. Then we spent the next hour in the car, the boys making fun of the town she was from. Cumnock. They're such perverts.

By the time we got to Kay's house, everyone was exhausted. I sat down in the living room with Jack while Kay showed everyone their rooms and Alex put our things away. I wasn't tired and I somehow managed to beg Alex to stay up with me.

While I waited, I tucked my black sweats back into my boots, listening to Jack start to snore. I looked up, seeing Alex enter the room with his eyes wide, making me giggle. He sat down next to me and put his arm around my shoulders, then intertwining our fingers together with his available hand. "We should write on his face." he whispered in my ear, sending more chills down my spine, not helping the fact it was freezing outside.

"Okay." I nodded, reaching in my jacket pocket for my eyeliner. I handed him the black pencil and watched him walk across the room where Jack was, drawing a mustache and a dick and wrote 'I cock' on his face. He quickly retrieved back to my side before Kay returned. We sat in silence, making goofy faces at one another.

Kay returned, gasping at what we had done. "Oh my God!"

"Shh." Alex snickered. "Don't tell him."

"Okay." she giggled, setting down next to her sleeping fiance. "Jack, wake up."

"Oh shit, I fell asleep, didn't I?" he yawned and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah." she nodded, pursing her lips to keep from laughing.

"So, Scotland is lovely, Kay." Alex smirked, tightening his grip around me.

"I've missed it."

"It's cold here." I giggled, feeling my teeth chatter together.

"It's beautiful this time of year though. That's why I chose to come in December." she laughed.

I cuddled closer to Alex's warm body, losing focus of the whole conversation. I looked outside the window, examining the dark clouds that covered the stars and moon. White specks fell from them, dusting the ground on the outside.

"What's wrong with Haley?" Jack raised a eyebrow, flexing his profane-covered face into a curious glance.

"She's zoned." Kay told him, kissing his jaw that wasn't covered in black eyeliner.

"Love?" Alex shook me lightly, pulling me out of my own world.

"It's snowing!" I shrieked, pointing to the window. "Lets go watch it." I quickly stood up, pulling on his hand.

"Slow down, baby. I'm not as young as I used to be." he shook his head, slowly standing to his feet.

"Night." Kay waved to us, laughing. I waved back as we slipped out of the room, Alex leading me to the bedroom since I had no idea where it was. He lead me to the back of the house to a room with nothing but bookshelves. He shut the door behind us, and kissed me quickly.

"This isn't our room?" I pulled away, giving him a confused look.

"It's up there." he pointed up. "You have to take the latter."

"Oh!"

"Duh, smarts." he laughed, pulling me towards the latter. "Ladies first."

"Why thank you, Alexander. You're such a gentleman." I winked, stepping up it. He followed me to the top, grabbing me by the waist and pulled me to a bed pushed up against three big windows. We faced the windows, me setting in between his legs wrapped in a blanket. He rested his chin on my shoulder, occasionally kissing my ear, neck, and shoulder.

We stayed quiet, watching the white flakes dust the grass of her backyard. He started humming something to me and rubbed my shoulders, causing me to quiver. "What?" he laughed.

"Your hands are cold, but that feels good." I giggled and bit my lip. "You should rub my back."

"It's my birthday, shouldn't I be the one receiving the massage?"

"I'll return the favor." I winked, moving to lay on my stomach.

"I'm taking your word on that." he smiled, pressing his palms into my shoulder blades.

"Ow, be gentle."

"That's what she said."

"Alex," I rolled my eyes. "not funny."

"Fine, I'll be gentle." he sexily smirked, readjusting his hands.

"Oh God." I groaned, pushing my shoulder blades together. "That feels nice."

"I could get more accomplished if you'd take your shirt off." he snickered.

"Okay." I nodded, pushing myself to my knees, pulling the orange spaghetti-strapped tank top I was wearing over my head. I laid back down and felt his hands working in between my shoulder blades.

"Damn, you're tense, love."

"Mhm." I hummed, squirming when his cold hands wandered down my back. I felt his hands leave my back for a second, then the back of my bra coming undone. "Alexander."

"Was that a moan or a scold?" he laughed, working his hands around the small of my back.

"Maybe both." I giggled, feeling his lips at the back of my neck, working his way down to my neck. "Alex, stop."

"No, I will not. You seduced me, God dammit, and you're going to finish what you started."

"That's called rape."

"You can't rape the willing." he snorted, grabbing my sides where I was ticklish.

"Alex! Quit." I squealed, flipping to my back. He smiled in satisfaction and crawled on top of me, pinning me underneath him as he ran his lips into mine. "Happy birthday." I said, pulling away for a breath.

He gave me a smug grin and sat up on his knees, pulling off his grey t-shirt, and threw it in the floor. "Thanks."

He positioned himself back over me, placing kisses along a line from my jaw to my hips. He slid my black sweats off my legs and continued on.

He had every article of clothing off of our bodies in a second. He held me close while keeping our lips in contact, pulling away for split second for a breath. I fought his tongue with mine, his winning the fight and mine retreating back to roll across my bottom lip.

He moved himself on top of me again, centering his mouth on my neck. He soon got bored with the foreplay and made his entry, pushing slowly into me. I let my hands travel up and down his back and down the abs on the plains of his stomach. He looked down on me, his chocolate brown eyes locked with mine. I then dug my fingernails into his shoulder blades by every thrust that became more edgier. I let out small moans and whimpers to let him know he was satisfying me.

He moved faster then slower. Repeating the pattern over and over to torture me. I put a end to his little game by pushing him to his back, putting me in full control now. Before I progressed on, I decided to play a little game of my own. I sucked and kissed on his neck, finding the certain place that drove him insane. I picked up what he left off, moving faster then slower to bother him.

He flipped us over again and started at a fast pace. "Alex," I softly moaned out right before I felt the butterflies appear in the pit of my stomach.

A smile spread across his lips, his perfect white teeth glimmering from what little light that came through the window. He kissed me gently before moving off of me, pulling my cold body to his side. He put his boxers back on and handed me his shirt and red short-like underwear. He yanked the blankets out from under us and threw them over our legs. I buried my face in his neck, letting him play with my long brown hair. "Hey," he whispered in my ear. "I like love you."

"I love you too." I smiled and yawned.

"You should sleep, love." he whispered in my ear. "I may end up wearing you out again later."

"Shut up and go to sleep."

"Fine." he said, rubbing his hand up and down my back to aid my sleeping process. I felt myself slip into the darkness.
____________________________________________

I awoke the next afternoon, cold as ice. Alex, my human heater, was gone resulting in problems for me. I decided to take a hot shower and get dressed. I removed my clothes and turned on the hot water, letting it flow down my body and remove the mixture of my sweat and Alex's from last night. I washed my hair and scrubbed myself down in body wash and got out, quickly dressing myself back into Alex's shirt and my sweatpants to escape the freezing cold. I really need to find out how to work the heater up here..

I then dried my hair and my eye makeup. I put curls in my hair and applied a light color of lip gloss and put my things back into the zip-lock bag I brought them in. I walked out and invaded the suitcase for something new to wear.

I dressed in tights, a black skirt, a brown sweater, and brown ankle boots, with a red and white scarf and white beanie. Once I was finished primping in the large mirror, I started towards the latter, only to drop my phone. "Fuck, fuck , fuck." I cursed, reaching down to grab it, praying it wasn't broken. I don't think Alex would be delighted to find out I broke an iPhone after already being through two..

Luckily it wasn't broken. I slid it into my sweater pocket and stepped down the latter, finding Alex on the floor. He laid face down and was extremely still. "Alex? What're you doing in the floor?" I giggled, getting down on my knees next to him. "Alex?" I touched his shoulder and he didn't move. I began to really panic. Then I realized he wasn't breathing.

"Boo." he yelled right as the first tear fell down my face. He scared the living hell out of me, making me fall back on my ass. I pushed myself away from him and bawled my eyes out, not finding his little joke funny. "Baby, I'm sorry." he put an arm around me, trying to console me.

"You're not funny you fucking asshole!" I screamed at him, pushing myself off the floor. I pulled the door open and walked out, wandering into the downstairs bathroom to wipe the tears off my face. I stood there in front of the mirror sobbing until someone walked in.

"Haley, I am going to brutally kill your husband." Jack said, walking to stand next to me. He got a washcloth and began washing the profanity off of his face. I kept my sobs silent, knowing if I tried to speak, my voice would break. "Wait, are you crying?"

I nodded and covered my face with my hands. I heard feet shuffling at the doorway. I peaked through my fingers, seeing Alex's tall figure leaning against the doorway.

"Alex you fucker!" Jack yelled, running at him. He punched him in the stomach, causing Alex to buckle over in pain.

"Jack, you dickhead!" he grunted from the floor. "I was coming to apologize to my wife and you had to fucking hit me?"

"Dude, I fucking walked downstairs with this on my fucking face and met Kay's aunt. She probably thinks I'm gay now and using her niece as my cover up!" he sighed. "And that was also for doing whatever you did to Haley."

"What the hell is going on in here?" Kay dashed in here. "Why is Haley crying?"

"I upset her and I'm trying to apologize to her, then your dickhead fiance punched me in the gut." he sighed. "Haley, baby please, can I talk to you alone?"

I nodded and fled the room, walking down the hallway to an empty room. He walked in and pulled me into his arms, kissing my head. "Baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't think that I'd end up upsetting you. I don't want you angry."

"Why'd you do it?" I croaked, my voice muffled by his shoulder.

"I thought I'd be funny, but I had no idea it'd turn out like this."

"Oh.." I sighed. "I think I overreacted."

"I fucked up and I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I overreacted, I shouldn't of gotten so upset. I'm sorry for freaking out on you and Jack hitting you in the stomach." I said, letting my frown turn to a small smile.

"There's the smile I wanna see." he laughed and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry, okay? I love you."

"I love you too."

"Now that I've fixed this, as I was coming to tell you before I scared you was to wake up and get dressed because we're going to have lunch with a few of Kay's friends, but then I heard you drop something so.. yeah. You're dressed, we can go." he smiled, wiping the tears that still remained off my face with his thumb.

"Okay." I nodded. He grabbed my hands and pulled me to the living room where everybody was.

"Are you guys all better now? Did you kiss and make up?" Jack asked from the sofa.

"Yes asshole. Now lets go, I'm starving."

"Anything for birthday boy." he snorted. "Kay baby, are you ready?"

"Yeah." she nodded, standing up. "It snowed all night and we can't drive, so we have to walk."

"Haley's gonna freeze." Alex said in a immature voice, poking my side.

"I'll be fine." I shrugged, taking my coat off the coat rack. I slid my arms through it and buttoned it up, shoving my hands in my pockets. Everyone had their coats on and ready to go.

We stepped out into the frigid air, walking carefully down the icy sidewalk. I held onto Alex's arm tightly as I hit a sheet of ice, almost falling to the ground. Luckily he caught me before I could bust my ass on the hard ground. "How far is this walk anyway, Kay?" Jack asked.

"Not far. We'll be there shortly. It's just up the road."

"Dammit, it's cold." Rian complained.

"How are you adjusting, love?" Alex asked me.

"Fine." I nodded my head and shivered uncontrollably.

He laughed and put his arm around my waist. "That doesn't look fine."

"Okay, I'm cold god dammit."

"Should've wore pants, huh?"

"I didn't know we were going out. I would've dressed warmer." I buried my cold face into his side. "Fuck the cold."

We moved into a busier area of Cumnock, walking down a sidewalk full of people. They stared at us all like we were crazy. Most could tell we were Americans. We entered a cafe. It was small and packed with a bunch of people. Kay led us to a back table where three guys and two girls were. "Oh my god, Kay!" a girl squealed.

"Kimmie!" Kay giggled, puling her into a hug. "It's so good to see you! Guys, these are my Americans. My fiance Jack, his best friend Alex, his wife Haley, and Rian, Zack, and Matt."

"Hi." they all said in unison.

"That's Jonathan, James, Kimberly, Sarah, and Alexander." she pointed to them left to right.

We all waved awkwardly.

"Please, call me John." a boy at the end, who was smiling at me devilishly, said.

"Kimmie or Kim will work for me." the girl said. "And call my brother Alex or Alexander so we don't get you two mixed up. Please sit!"

Alex pushed me in first, setting me in between him and the guy named John. John gave me a lustful grin and looked at me up and down, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I stayed hip to hip with Alex, hoping he'd notice and trade me seats. But of all days, he was oblivious.

"So, how've you guys been doing since I left?" Kay giggled, holding onto Jack's hand.

"We've been doing well." Kim said, turning to her brother. "Alex finally asked Sarah out."

"And dating for ten months." he smiled at his girlfriend.

"I fucking knew you guys were going to!" Kay exclaimed.

"How long have you and Jack been together?" the boy, James, asked her.

"Weird, ten months too."

"How long have you been engaged?"

"Five months."

"Ooh. A little fast, wouldn't ya say?" he cocked a eyebrow at them.

"Not at all." she shook her head. "Plus, consider the fact I'm pregnant with two of his children."

"Two?" Kimberly gasped. "Kay, you're carrying twins?!"

"Yes. It's highly possible since I'm a twin."

"How is Dylan anyway?"

"A jackass as always." Kay laughed. "He's going good."

I sighed and zoned out. Usually Kay's accent never bothered me, but hearing the same accent with different pitched voices gave me a headache. Alex was too busy talking to Rian about something I didn't care to listen about. The only people to strike up a conversation with was John, James, or Sarah. Sarah seemed to disapprove of me by the facial expression she used when she looked at me. James and John stared at me, making me feel awkward. Exactly what I needed.

I reached under the table and grabbed Alex's hand, squeezing it tightly in mine. It still didn't get his attention. "Fuck." I cursed under my breath.

I felt a tap on my left knee. My eyes drifted from Alex to the other creepy male next to me. "May I say that you're really breathtakingly beautiful, miss?"

"I guess." I pursed my lips.

"Are you as beautiful on the inside as you are on the out?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, biting the inside of my cheek.

"I can't help but notice how pretty your eyes are. Are they contacts?" he asked, moving closer to me to get a better look at my brown eyes.

"No." I said, moving closer to Alex. I was officially creeped out.

"What are you doing?" Alex laughed, finally giving me his attention.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I'm uncomfortable in this seat, so I moved."

"Oh." he said, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I need to pee. Let me out."

"Don't tell me, I'm not on the end."

"Alex, please?" I innocently said, batting my eyelashes at him.

"Alright, alright." he shook his head. "Guys, let Haley out. She needs to pee."

"Lovely to know at the table, guys." Matt grumbled, standing up to let the others out.

Once they were all up, Alex as the only one remained seated. "Alex, let me out."

"You have to know the password." he winked at me.

"Fuck the password." I shook my head, pushing myself into his lap. I scooted myself across him and got out, flashing him a devilish grin.

"You're good."

"Wait." I said, pushing Matt back out of my way. I crawled into the booth and cupped my hands around Alex's ear. "Check your phone in a few minutes, okay?"

"Okay. Hurry up." he nodded. I slid back out and started my endeavor for the bathroom. I found it and pushed the door open, walking in and stood against the wall behind a bunch of women standing in front of the mirror.

I pulled out my phone and quickly began a text to Alex.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Kay's friend John is creepy.

From Alex: How so?

You're so oblivious, babe. He told me I was 'breathtakingly beautiful' and asked me if I was beautiful inside as I was on the outside?


From Alex: He needs to leave my love alone. I'll fucking punch him like I punched the prick..

Alex.. :/ I'm coming back. People are staring at me like I'm crazy now.


From Alex: Good, they brought food back, so come on.

I slid my phone back in my pocket and left the bathroom, walking back to the table we were seated at. I had to wait on Rian, Zack, Matt, Jack, and Kay to move again so I could slide back into the booth. Alex had moved over where I was to get me away from the creep. I slid back in without a word and glanced at him, seeing him smile back in return. I pursed my lips and looked up at Alex, seeing him not even paying attention again.

The lunch was longer than ever. Kimberly and Matt seemed to be hitting it off and were all flirty at the table. The flirting from John became worse each time I said something to Alex or one of the guys. Alex kept his peace surprisingly. But Jack on the other hand, Jack lost it for him.

"Could you give up the fucking flirting? The girl's married for fuck's sake!" he inhaled sharply, staring daggers into the poor boy.

"Seriously bro, I've been nice about it. It's time to leave my wife alone." Alex said in a polite tone. I bit my lip and looked down at the empty plate in front of me, feeling the eyes of everyone at the table on me.

"Can we ever do anything without someone being overly dramatic?" Kay angrily looked in my direction.

"No one's being over dramatic, Kay." he answered, talking to her in a calm tone as he did when he told John to leave me alone.

"Just because someone is being nice doesn't mean they're flirting!"

"Neither one of us said anything. I was keeping my cool and being polite. Jack was defending her. You're getting upset over nothing. It's okay."

"No Alex, it's not okay. I swear, she brings so much trouble everywhere she goes." she rolled her eyes, turning back to Sarah and Kimberly.

I sighed and shut my eyes to hold back tears. Is that what everybody really thought of me? "I'm sorry I'm such a troubled person." I snapped, pushing my legs into the booth chair and pushed myself up. I stepped up onto the back of the chairs, walking in a straight line and jumped down. I slowly walked off towards the door, giving Alex time to catch up.

Once he caught up, we walked. I didn't know where, but we journeyed out of the city and managed to stay in route back to Kay's house. We ended up in a secluded park in the middle of the woods. I wiped snow off of the bench and sat down, pulling my knees to my chest. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me, letting me snuggle into his side.

"Alex, do I really carry trouble?" I asked him, looking down at my shaking hands.

"No." he shook his head, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "I really don't understand what her problem was. It was nothing. If anyone should be under the gun, it should be Jack. He did talk to the kid disrespectfully, but I handled it calmly. I wasn't going to be a dick to him and upset her since it's the first time she's seen her friends in a year. But I see no reason why she directed all the anger towards you."

"I am trouble." I sighed.

"You're not trouble. Don't listen to her. She's pregnant too and is being a total raging bitch."

"Alex, if I ever do get pregnant, you're not going to talk about me like that to anyone are you?" I giggled, wiping off a stay tear that fell down my face.

"I won't have nothing to bitch about." he smiled. "I think I can put up with the moodiness. Lack of sex? No."

"Ugh, perv." I slapped his stomach. I sighed and rested my head on his chest, sliding my cold hands up his shirt.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to keep my hands warm."

"Bullshit." he laughed. "I love you."

"I love you too." I tightly hugged onto him, burying my face in his chest. "Happy birthday too."

"This one isn't as bad as it was last year."

"How was last year's so bad? You got to spend it with me."

"Because, we were having an amazing time then I ended up spending the rest of my night in the ER, worried sick about you."

"Oh." I nodded, keeping his thoughts in consideration.

"Then I find out I would've been a father. Which would have been the greatest news to hear, but that got shot out of the water." he sighed, pushing his brown hair out of his face.

"I want a baby."

"I know, love. I do too. We're trying as much as we can."

"We could be trying right now instead of talking." I winked at him. He gave me his sexy smirk and stood up, pulling me up to my feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love this chapter. c: I don't have a lot to say but.. hi.
Comment & Subscribe.