‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Flooding Memories

Amanda Wyatt's POV:

I sat in the living room of my parent's house with my husband, Giovanni, my seventeen year old adopted brother, Jordan, and my fifteen year old daughter Ali, awaiting the arrival of Alex and Haley. I was so relieved to find out that Haley was coming around. I did understand she was unsure about it.

"Amanda, how are you feeling?" my mother walked into the room, taking a seat next to me.

"I'm nervous. It's been thirteen years since I've seen her. I wonder what she's like.."

"Very much gets her looks from you." she smiled, patting my leg.

"I just hope she likes me and doesn't resent me for everything." I sighed, looking out the window. A black Range Rover pulled into the driveway and parked. After the longest moment of my life, the driver's door opened. A tall boy with golden brown hair with blonde highlights stepped out, taking slow strides to the passenger door. He slowly pulled it open and talked to her, helping her out of the car.

"Buttercup, she's gonna love you." Giovanni smiled, kissing my cheek.

"I don't know, but her husband looks like a tool." Jordan snickered.

"Jordan, you're a tool!" Ali shook her head. "He's hot."

"Ali, Jordan, shush it." I rolled my eyes, watching them walk up the sidewalk.

* Haley's POV:

"Love?" Alex shook my arm to wake me up. "Baby, we're here." he told me, unbuckling my seat belt for me. I must had fallen asleep on the way here unintentionally. I nodded and yawned, sliding out of the seat.

I still hadn't felt better after the last four days. I was exhausted and I felt like I could sleep for days. Alex insisted we stayed home from our trip to New York City, but I told him no. I actually wanted to go.

I held tightly onto his hand as we walked up the sidewalk that led to the house. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door once we reached it, preparing myself for whoever answered it. Luckily it was my grandma. "Oh Haley, it's so good to see you!" she squealed with excitement, pulling me into a hug.

"It's good to see you too." I smiled and nodded.

"Are you okay, dear? You look a little down."

"I'm just feeling a little under the weather." I shrugged. "Nothing big."

"Well lets get you two out of the cold." she laughed, letting us inside the warm house. I shuttered and moved close to Alex, burying my cold face into his chest. "It's very good to see you too, Alexander. Everyone else is in the living room, come, come."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, taking slow steps to the doorway of the living room. "It's alright, baby." he whispered in my ear, kissing my forehead. I took the final steps into the room, revealing myself to my long-lost family. I looked down at my feet, looking up to face the awkward silence in the room.

"Oh-oh my God." the woman who was completely identical to me gasped, standing up from the sofa. She took steps closer to me, reaching out to touch my arm. I shuttered and looked her in the eye, seeing her face in cloudy memories of my childhood. "Haley, you're so beautiful."

"Mom?" I smiled happily, feeling tears roll down my face. I pulled her into a tight hug and laughed, my point of view of her completely changing.

"Yes sweetheart, I'm so sorry about everything." she mumbled into my shoulder. "It's just so good to see you."

"I'm really relieved to see you too." I nodded, pulling out of the hug. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and stepped back, brushing against Alex.

"And you must be Alex. It's very nice to meet you." she smiled, giving him a hug.

"It's very nice to meet you too." he smiled at her, placing his hand on my back.

"Haley, this is my family. My husband Giovanni and our daughter Ali." she turned, looking at a younger teenage girl who looked like me when I was that age and a man with dark hair and warm eyes.

"It's me, a Mario!" Giovanni shouted with a thick Italian accent, kinda scaring me a little. "No, I'm kidding, I don't really talk like that. Hi Haley and Alex, it's nice to meet you both." he waved to us.

"Hi." I giggled.

"Okay, well dinner is ready." my grandma smiled. "Lets go eat."

I grabbed Alex's hand and towed him into the kitchen. "Excited?" he laughed. I couldn't describe to him how happy I actually really was at the moment.

"I can't describe it." I grinned, stepping onto my tip toes to kiss him.

"I'm glad."

"I am too."

We made our plates and sat down at the dinner table with everyone else. I felt so hungry, I couldn't wait to take the first bite of the amazing smelling Cannelloni my grandmother had baked. "So Haley, tell us more about you that we don't know." my mother inquired, taking a sip of her tea.

"Like what?"

"Like anything. About your life right now, anything special you do at school?"

"Oh, well. I go to Malcolm High School in Baltimore. I'm a senior. I have no interest in school. I have a friend named Brooklyn. She's also a senior. Uh, I don't do anything special in my school. I have straight A's if that gets me anywhere in this conversation." I shrugged. "That's about it."

"Did you and Alex meet there, or?" she asked, her brown eyes darting between Alex and I.

"Actually, no. It's a long story on how we met." I giggled, flashing a smile to him. "We did go to the same school though. I met him and he became my best friend, then we started to date. A few months later, he proposed to me and I married him this summer."

"It's good you guys have the best friend bond."

"I agree." Giovanni put his input in. "What do you do for a living, Alex?"

"I'm in a band." he smiled.

"Oh? What's your position?"

"I play lead guitar and I'm the lead singer."

"You tour?"

He laughed, taking a drink before he answered. "Yes, nonstop since July."

"Are you signed yet? What's your band name?" he raised his eyebrows as he kept the questions coming.

"Yes, we're signed to Hopeless Records and we're called All Time Low."

"Oh damn! This just got completely weird because I have a intern job at Hopeless in New York." Giovanni said, looking at my mother.

"Alex, could we get a sample of that lovely voice you have then?" my mom asked him.

"Ah, nah." he smirked, shaking his head.

"Come on, please?" she begged.

"Do it, babe." I poked him, encouraging him just to hear his voice.

"Okay, okay." he said. "Meet me on Thames Street, I'll take you out though I'm hardly worth your time. In the cold you look so fierce but I'm warm enough 'cause intentions like a fire. We'll hit South Broadway in a matter of minutes and like a bad movie, I'll drop a line. Fall in the grave I've been digging myself, but there's room for two six feet under the stars." he sweetly sang, flashing me a breathtaking smile.

"Very nice." she laughed.

We all ate a lot. I was pretty certain I wasn't going to survive or move ever again. We talked more and got to know each other a lot better. I was perfectly certain about all this, knowing I could trust my mom about this. I just wish Bella was here with me.

When it came down to leaving, I didn't want to. But it would be dark soon and Alex and I had another two to three hour drive to New York. I gave everyone a goodbye hug and promised I'd visit again soon. Alex and I made our escape to the car, the whole family standing out on the front porch watching us back out of the driveway. I waved goodbye before Alex hit the gas pedal, sending us forward.

"Well that went well. A lot better than I thought." he smiled, lacing his fingers through mine.

"I'm just so full, oh my God!" I giggled. "And yes, it was. I'm just so happy."

"Good, I love it when you're happy."

"I can't describe how glad I am now that I have my mom back in my life. It's just so amazing, Alex."

"I bet babe. Gah, I don't wanna drive this drive. It's so long!" he frowned. "But if it means more good times, I'm down for it."

"I am too." I giggled, resting my head on the window.
______________________________________

I must've fallen asleep again. I woke up, my head spinning, and I was suffering from nausea. I took a deep breath, trying to hold off the feeling. "Alex?"

"Yeah, love?" he asked, keeping his eyes pinned on the road.

"Can you pull over?"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I'm gonna puke.."

"You're still feeling sick? Yeah, hold on." he said, pulling the car to the side of the road.

"Mhm." I hummed, pushing the door open. I ran to the grassy area and threw up. He joined me on the ground, holding my hair back for me. "Fuck." I cried, covering my face with my hands.

"Love are you okay?" he asked, helping me up to my feet.

"I swear to god, I have that god damn stomach virus. Brooklyn gave it to me." I sighed, remembering that she had just gotten rid of it. "I'm sick of throwing up and being sickly looking. How bad do I look?"

"Once we're back in Baltimore, I'm taking you to the doctor. I've noticed you're pretty pale."

"Alex, I'm cold. Can we get going again?" I shook, holding onto him for support.

"Yeah." he nodded, picking me up. He carried me back to the car and buckled me back in. He got in, and we started back on our journey to New York.

"I'm sorry I took up time. I didn't want to barf in the car or maybe all over you." I said, giggling a bit.

"I wouldn't of minded. We'll be there soon where you'll have tons of barfing space." he smirked. "Go ahead and rest, baby."

"Okay." I nodded, resting my head against the window. "I wish there was a seat in between so I could lean on you."

"Little did you know, there is." he smiled, pulling up the divider. I unbuckled my seatbelt and scooted over, buckling myself back up. I leaned onto him, getting comfortable at his toasty warm side.

"All these long drives we've had, I could of laid on you."

"Yeah, I do like this better." he smiled, putting his arm around me. I moved closer and shut my eyes, listening to the loud beating of his heart inside his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this isn't great, but it's quick. I do like the fact her mother's back in her life now. :)
Comment & Subscribe.