‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Too Much

I was starving so Alex went out to get me food. It was a bad time for me to start feeling hungry when we were about to leave. He was taking me to watch the ball drop in Times Square. As he called it, a makeup for not getting to take me last year.

I waited at the small table of our hotel room, listening to the sound of my gurgling stomach. I was feeling much better today. I didn't feel nauseous and I could keep my food down. It was a relief, that's for sure.

Alex walked back into the hotel room, setting a chicken sandwich down in front of me. "Eat, love."

"Okay." I nodded, taking the first bite of the sandwich. Oh my God, it was the greatest thing I've tasted in a while. I ate through half of it until I couldn't eat anymore. "I'm full." I laughed, laying my head down on the table.

"Wrap it up and save it for later. You might be hungry again later now that your appetite is back." he smiled, wrapping up the sandwich. He took it and put it in the refrigerator, turning back around and stared at me.

He flashed me his sexy smirk, making my heart flutter. I had the strange desire to jump his bones right now. He sat down at the edge of bed, making himself a easy target. I stood up from the chair, slowly walking to him, crawling into his lap. I then rammed my lips into his, grabbing a fist full of his white t-shirt. "Mhm." I giggled, running my forehead into his. I kissed him again, moving my lips along to his jaw, then neck.

"Babe, simmer down." he groaned when I hit that one place on his neck.

"No." I smiled into his neck, running my hands down to his belt buckle.

"Haley." he grabbed my hands, pinning them to my side. "Wait."

"Why?" I bit my lip, feeling the pain of rejection boil deep inside me. I slid off his lap, trying to make a fast getaway before I started to cry.

"Stop, stop, stop." he grabbed me by the waist, pulling me back into his lap. "Why are you crying?"

"You don't want me."

"Oh trust me, ma'am. I want you alright. You have no idea. But considering the fact it's almost 11:30 and getting very close to midnight. And I wouldn't have my time to give you what you want then get you to Times Square to watch the ball drop."

"Oh." I mumbled, looking at my shaking hands. "This is so embarrassing."

"Don't worry about it." he smiled, kissing my cheek. "I promise you, after we get back, I'm all yours."

"Okay." I smiled, wiping away the tears on my cheeks.

"Grab your coat and lets go."

I did what I was told, putting on the white pea-coat I had. He led me through the door of our hotel, taking me in direction to Times Square. I hadn't been outside two minutes and I was already freezing. I held on to his arm as we walked the four blocks from our hotel to our destination.

We moved through the crowds of people, finding a place that wasn't very crowded. I still couldn't see from all the tall men around the area though. Alex pulled me onto his back, long enough for me to see it slowly dropping. He put me down and grabbed my hands, counting down to the new year. "I better get my New Year's kiss."

Then I heard the number one. Everyone shouted happy new year and screamed loudly. Alex leaned down and kissed me, spinning me in circles. That was probably the biggest mistake he had ever made. The motion made me sick again.

I dry heaved for a moment, feeling the real stuff shoot up. I was paralyzed and couldn't move, therefore, Alex was my target. He stood in shock as it drenched his shirt. "Alex, I'm so sorry." I coughed, feeling more about to come up.

"Okay, we're going to the hotel room and I'm going to change, then you're going to the hospital. No ifs, and, or, or buts."

He put his arm around my waist and pulled me along with him, finding the quickest way back to the hotel room. When we were in, I brushed my teeth while he changed. I felt terrible for just blowing chunks all over him. Yet, I was relieved I was going to get help from this bad virus.

"You ready?" he asked me, leaning against the doorway.

"Yeah." I nodded, walking towards him. "I feel bad for throwing up all over you. I didn't mean to and it was really unexpected."

"It's alright, love."

"Okay." I nodded, feeling lightheaded. "Whoa."

"What's wrong?" he asked, putting his hands on my hips.

"Lightheaded." I grasped onto him. "Alex, please take me to the doctor. It's too much."

"We're heading that way, right now baby."

I nodded and let him carry me out to the car. He drove us to the nearest healthcare center, getting me out, and carried me through the emergency room doors. It was busy, which wasn't such a big surprise since it was the new year..

Drunks were passed out in the waiting area, sleeping in the chairs or floor. "Is she drunk too?" the nurse laughed, walking up to us.

"No, I brought her in because she's been getting sick since Christmas. We think she may have gotten the bug that's going around from her friend." he spoke for me, carefully letting me down to my feet.

"Oh, well, bring her back." she said, walking down the hallway. He followed her to the examining room, placing me on the uncomfortable firmly padded table. "Put this on and we'll run tests. I'll bring in your paperwork to fill out while you're waiting." she handed me a hospital gown. She exited the room, leaving Alex and I alone.

He helped me out of my clothes and into the gown. He laid me back onto the table and kissed my forehead, sighing heavily. "I'm worried about you, love."

"Why? It's just a silly stomach bug." I said, trying to giggle. I stopped when I realized he didn't find humor in the situation.

"I just want you to feel better."

"I'll be fine, babe. I promise." I faintly smiled, squeezing his hand in mine.

The nurse returned with the paperwork and handed it to Alex. I also got a nifty wristband, and a damn IV. No one said those would be involved. She drew blood and took my temperature, giving me tylenol for the little fever I had.

A hour had passed, and all we knew was it was probably just a stupid bug. The doctors were taking forever looking into it now, making Alex uneasy and antsy, pissing me off by the way he paced the floor. "Will you just park it somewhere?" I snapped.

"Sorry. I'm just really tired, nervous, worried. And I really have to pee."

"How do you think I feel?" I sighed, turning onto my side and curled up into a ball. "Go pee."

"I'm thinking about it and some coffee." he laughed. "I'll be right back, okay?"

"Okay." I lazily nodded, shutting my eyes. I heard him exit the room and felt the room go silent. I grew calm and almost fell asleep, the squeaking of the door waking me back up.

"Hi Mrs. Gaskarth, I'm Dr. Rogers and I found what's up with you." he smiled warmly at me. "You're a month pregnant."

"What?" I sat up in shock. That explained the puking, the exhaustion, hunger, and odd desire to fuck Alex. "A tiny thing the size of a sea monkey making that much trouble with my body?"

"Yes." he laughed. "You seem so surprised."

"I'm shocked actually." I sighed. Now, how was I supposed to tell Alex? "I'm really nervous too."

"First time mothers always are. Do you remember when you may of conceived?"

"Uh," I mumbled, thinking back to the last time we had sex. "December 14th?"

"Just about right. Just by estimating your time, your due date will be anywhere from the end of August to the beginning of September. Now, if you have any questions, feel free to call and ask for me. Also make a appointment with your physician in Baltimore. Have a fantastic new year and congrats on your little one." he smiled, undoing the IV from my arm. He bandaged it up and left the room for me to get dressed.

I had finished dressing when Alex and walked back in. Great, now what? He was in a great condition to tell at the time, but I didn't have the guts. "Find anything out?"

"Stomach virus." I lied, hoping he didn't see through it.

"Okay." he smiled. I swore to god I felt something move inside of me. But it was way too soon for that stuff now, so I figure it's all in my head. "Lets go, love."

I nodded and followed him out of the room. We payed the ER fee and left the hospital which now smelt strongly of pneumonia cleaning products. We got into the car and drove back to the hotel room in silence. I was too busy mentally freaking out about this pregnancy. I finally had what I wanted, but I'm not sure how Alex would take it. I also didn't want to tell him because he would be leaving soon for yet another tour. And I didn't want to be selfish and keep him from doing what he loved. Knowing Alex, he'd try to put me first and I didn't want that. He has other people to make happy.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, pushing open the car door.

"Yeah. Just thinking" I nodded.

"About?"

"How I really need to pee." I shook my head. We walked to the room and he unlocked the door, letting me in first.

"Go pee and lets go to bed." he said, pulling his shirt off.

"You're breaking your promise." I giggled. "It's okay, I'm too exhausted anyway."

"Alright." he laughed with me, setting down on the bed. I took my pajamas and escaped to the bathroom.

I changed and stood in front of the mirror, rubbing my flat belly that would soon be showing. "I'm going to take good care of you." I told it, tapping the skin on my stomach. "Daddy and I both." I felt my stomach gurgle and twist into knots. "Why do you hate me?" I groaned, pulling my shirt down.

"Baby, who the fuck are you talking to?" I heard Alex laugh, scaring the hell out of me. He leaned against the doorway, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Myself." I said, walking past him. I crawled in bed and covered up, waiting for him to get in and keep me warm. Like usual, he put both arms around me and kissed my forehead repeatedly.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too." I mumbled back, feeling the gurgle in my stomach. Apparently, it loves you too Alex.

He was out like a light. I laid there, listening to his snores and the grumbles of my stomach. I couldn't help but think of what's gonna happen. I knew Alex would accept it, but may be tough for him to grip at first. He'd help me raise it, too. Now I was dying to know what it would look like. If it was a girl or boy, if it looked like me or Alex.

And I most definitely wanted to keep this pregnancy a secret from all that I could. I know it'd be easy to get by the guys since they'd be gone. But I did have to tell Brooklyn. I'd have to beg her not to tell Zack. And for as long as I could, I would hide it.

My thoughts ran to the ground and I got tired. I rested my cheek against Alex's chest and shut my eyes, letting the sleep take me under.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHA YEAH BUDDY. So, she's pregnant now. I'm like super stoked about this 'cause I've had this in my brain for the longest time ever. Kelsey, you were right, lol.
Comment & Subscribe.