‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Face to Face

"Mrs. Gaskarth, wake up!" Mr. Cody, Alex's asshole uncle, yelled at me. I sat up and looked at him, blinking away the remainder of sleepiness I felt. I was eight weeks pregnant for Christ's sake. I was exhausted every minute of the day. "You have a assignment to do. I don't think you have a A plus in this class, do you? No. Wake up and get to work."

I took a deep breath and nodded, looking down at the worksheet that was put on my desk while I was sleeping. Luckily, I had already did this at the beginning of the semester in Mr. Jones' class. I got moved to Mr. Cody's class since Mr. Jones and his wife, the English teacher, decided to retire over break. Therefore, I was stuck here.

I did my work and turned it in, taking my seat in the front row, where he sat me purposely. Brooklyn had this class with me, and she was lucky to be set in the back. I sat there, resisting the urge to fall asleep. The room was silent and it had to be raining. I looked out the window and watched it rain, feeling my stomach flip and flop. Settle down there kid.

Dammit. I felt like I was going to throw up again. The vomiting had toned down the last month and I've only been getting sick occasionally. But why now of all times? I raised my hand, waiting to get Mr. Cody's attention. "What do you want, Gaskarth?"

"May I have the bathroom pass, please? I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"There's a trash can over there." he pointed to the can. God, why'd he hate me so much?

I got up and trailed to the trash can, getting down on my knees to get my head in. I started puking my guts up, cursing out the changes in my body. I was excited for the little thing, but making me throw up numerous times I didn't like. I felt hands pull my hair back, realizing it was Brooklyn. "Miss Drake, return back to your seat, please."

"My best friend is currently puking her guts up and I'm making sure she's okay. I will set down as soon as I know she's fine." she smarted back.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the cold floor, listening to the two arguing about me. She handed me a bottle of water and told me to drink it to get the foul taste out of my mouth. I still hadn't told her about my little secret. Time was coming soon since she's seen me puke twice this week.

"You okay?" she asked, patting my back.

"I'm good. I feel better now." I smiled at her. She stood up and helped me to my feet. I walked back to my seat, feeling the eyes of all students in the crowded room on me. I laid my head back down on my desk, feeling completely relieved of that bad feeling. Only problem now was that I had to pee. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, making a loud buzzing noise against the chair. "Aw fuck."

"Mrs. Gaskarth, you seem to be a lot of trouble today. Bring me your phone and I'm writing you up for cursing." he glared at me.

I sighed and pulled my phone out, staring at the contact. "Alex, you asshole." I whispered, slamming the iPhone down on his desk.

"Oh? A iPhone? Your husband sure spoils you, huh?" he snorted. "He should know better to text you while you're in school. It interrupts the thinking. My nephew is a dumb ass."

"Alex isn't dumb. You're just a asshole." I smarted back.

"Excuse me?"

"Alex-isn't-dumb. You're-just-a-asshole." I repeated slower.

"Mrs. Gaskarth, go to the office. That earns you three pink slips today."

"Okay, cool." I rolled my eyes, picking up my bag and books. I walked out angrily, slamming the door shut behind me. I walked to the office, setting down in the chair across from the secretary's desk.

"Haley, it's good to see you." Mrs. Haynes said, looking up from whatever she was doing.

"Not for the occasion." I laughed. "I just earned myself three pink slips."

She sighed heavily. "Another pink slip? From who now?"

"The lovely Mr. Cody! He hates my guts because I'm married to his nephew that he hates with a fiery passion."

"What exactly did you do?"

"Well, I had to throw up. I asked to go to the bathroom to do it, he said no. He made me puke in the trash can in front of everyone. Brooklyn helped me out and he yelled at her to sit down. I sat down to rest, then my phone buzzed. My husband, Alex, had texted me. Then I said a bad word because of it. Then he insulted Alex, and I lost it. I may have called him a asshole.."

"I won't file two of them against you. When he brings them in here in a moment, I'll shred the two for cursing. You have every right to be angry and curse at him. In between you and I, I dislike him just as well." she hushed when he walked in.

"Here's a few pink slips for Mrs. Gaskarth here for being smart." he handed them and my phone to her. She took them and slipped them into a file, pushing it to the corner of her desk. We waited in silence for him to leave, but he never did. "I want a parent-teacher conference with her guardian or parent or whatever she has."

"You know that's going to be impossible. My guardian won't be able to attend because he's across the country at the moment. If you want one so damn bad, take the phone and talk to him over the phone."

"Gaskarth, I'm getting sick of your sass."

"Mr. Cody, please. Go back to your class room and I'll have the principle take care of her. Okay? Go." Mrs. Haynes piped up to get him away from me. He huffed and left.

"God dammit, he's such a asshole!" I covered my face, resisting the urge to cry.

"Haley, watch your mouth. I understand. Let me take care of tho-"

"Ah, Mrs. Gaskarth. Why're you in my office?" The principle, Coach Burns opened up his door. "I thought you were a good kid too."

"Me too." I sighed.

"Come in, lets talk." he said. I nodded and stood up from the chair, walking into his office. I sat down and waiting for the bitching to happen. "Okay, so what's up?"

"What?"

"Why're you in here? Apparently you and Mr. Cody aren't getting along very well. Is there a reason behind it?"

"My husband Alex is his nephew. He hates Alex for no reason and he's passing his hate on to me." I sighed. "He's negative to me all the time and I lost it today. I understand the phone pink slip. Accidents happen there, but I'm at fault for the cursing and the retaliation."

"Retaliation?" he raised his eyebrow, pursing his lips.

"Yeah. When he took my phone away, he ridiculed Alex and called him a dumb ass. I've got a lot of health problems going on with me, and the last thing I really wanted to hear was my husband being talked down." I shook my head, knowing there was probably no way of getting out of these pink slips.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Um.." I hesitated. "I'm two months pregnant. I get extremely ill at times. I did earlier in his class. He didn't allow me to go to the bathroom, he made me embarrass myself in front of the whole class. I'm pretty sure rumors have started now."

"If you need to leave for personal reasons for class, just leave. I'll deal with that. I'm letting you out of these pink slips. Please, try to stay out of trouble. Get your phone back from Mrs. Haynes, and I recommend you see a counselor to try to control your anger. I know how things get when you're pregnant. My wife is now, and I dislike it so much." he laughed, trying to make a joke. I laughed anyway and stood up, picking up my bag.

"Thank you, Coach."

"No problem."

I walked out and got my phone from Mrs. Haynes, hesitating on whether I should call Alex or not now that it was lunchtime. I hit the call button by his name and listened to it dial. I heard his deep, happy voice on the other side. "Hi, baby."

"You're a asshole, you got me in trouble." I laughed, walking to the table I sat at with Brooklyn and Jeydon.

"How?"

"You texted me in Mr. Cody's class and I got my phone taken away. I said a bad word too. Then he put you down, so I called him a asshole and got sent to Mr. Burns' office."

"Oh congrats babe." he sighed. "You need to stay out of trouble."

"I can't help it."

"Why not?"

"I don't have the patience." I rolled my eyes. "When are you supposed to be home? I miss you."

"I miss you too, baby." he said, making it obvious he was smiling. "We'll be home the last full week of March. Jack and Kay are gonna get married, then we'll be on a break for a couple months."

"For what?"

"Kay's due date is soon. Jack wanted a little time off to help her out with the boys at the time since it's the hardest. Especially with two."

"Oh yeah. I kinda forgot she was pregnant. I haven't seen her in forever." I giggled.

"Me either." he laughed with me. "I gotta go, love."

"Okay. Bye." I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too." he said, hanging up the phone.

"You guys make me sick." Brooke rolled her eyes.

"What? Why?" I shook my head and smiled.

"I love you baby! Oh! I love you too!"

"It's not like that at all." I snorted. "Zack isn't lovey like that to you?"

"No." she shook her head. "He's awkward."

"That is true." I nodded in agreement. "Zack is funny though."

"So are you feeling better?"

"Yeah. A little."

"Did the stomach virus never go away?"

"Um, yeah. About that.." I bit my lip. I pulled out my phone and texted her the truth. "Check your phone."

"Okay." she nodded, looking at the text message. "Holy fuck! How far?"

"Two." I shrugged. "You cannot tell Zack because he'll tell Alex."

"Alex doesn't know?"

"Psh, no." I shook my head. "I don't wanna be selfish. If I tell him, he's gonna try to stay with me. I don't want that. I want him to make his fans happy. You know what I mean?"

"Haley, you're really unselfish. Alex is gonna want his time with you before it pops out, and if I were you, I'd take it."

"He'll get it in March."

"What's in March?"

"Jack and Kay's wedding, then her due date is around sometime. They have two months off afterwards." I nodded. "He'll get it then."

"Well that's good. Why didn't you tell him when you found out though?"

"Because Brooke, I'm scared. Okay?"

"Why? What's the worst that could happen?"

"He might realize that he made a fucking mistake and leave me hanging. Or he'll freeze and not accept it."

"That won't happen." she patted my shoulder.

"I know, but still. It's a fear."

"You should tell him."

"I wanna tell him face to face. The first day he walks through that door, I'm gonna tell him." I sighed, closing my eyes. Who knew that being pregnant would be a hard thing to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, a filler. I just got really bored and wrote this, so.. yeah. It sucks, but whatever. Two chapters in one day. c:
Comment & Subscribe.