‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

So Damn Happy

The day came of Alex's homecoming. I paced the floor of the airport, waiting for Brooklyn of Kaylyn to show to pick up Jack and Zack. I would be extremely nervous today around Alex, considering that I made the oath to myself that I'd tell him that I'm now fourteen and a half, almost fifteen weeks pregnant with his child.

"Hey." I heard Kay's Scottish accent behind me, making me jump. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's okay. I'm just really shaky today." I shrugged. "Did you see Brooke out anywhere? The guys will be walking through the exit at any minute."

"She's coming. She had to pee."

"Oh." I laughed, looking up at the TV screen with all the flights listed. My heart fluttered when I saw the flight from Atlanta had landed.

"Ugh, I'm so ready for Jack to be home. We're getting married in three days! I can't believe it." she squealed.

"Three days?"

"Yeah, then hopefully soon after we'll have our boys to keep us busy." she smiled to herself, running her hand down her belly.

"Have you picked out names yet?" I smiled, seeing the joy the two brought to her.

"Hayden and Breydon."

"Cute." I laughed, feeling a nudge in my stomach. "Oh.."

"What?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Nothing." I gave her a fake smile, seeing Rian walk through the gate first. Through the corner of my eye, I saw Brooklyn running in her heels to get here before Zack did.

"I hate fucking lines!" she cursed, stopping next to us to catch her breath. "Zacky!" she squealed when he walked through the gate.

"Hi." he laughed, taking her into a hug.

"Now where the fuck is Jack?" Kay sighed, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, while walking to the exit, Jack thought it would be funny to trip Alex. Alex fell and spilled all the contents out of his bag out on the runway. That being, those two probably got hit by a plane or Alex is kicking Jack's ass. They'll be here shortly."

"Oh my God." I groaned, biting my lip. "Kay, why is your fiance so much trouble?"

"He's not that much trouble to me. Maybe to everyone else."

I sighed and watched the crowds, finally seeing that familiar face I wanted to see appear in the distance. I felt the nudging again in my stomach, making me move in response. "Stop." I murmured, looking up at the three people standing in front of me.

"Stop what?" Zack raised his eyebrow, giving me a look as if I was insane.

"Nothing, I'm just having a bad day and I just wanna get Alex and go home."

"Simmer down, Gayscarf, your husband is just a few feet away."

I nodded and watched him and Jack stop at the gate. They looked around the crowd until Kay got their attention. The pissed off expression on his face turned to a bright smile as he rushed to me, pulling me into the tightest hug ever. Oh God, don't let him kill the baby.

"Baby, I've missed you so fucking much."

"I missed you too." I breathed, feeling the baby start to squirm. "Can we go home now?" I bit my lip and batted my eyelashes at him, giving him the thought something was going down later.

He smirked and grabbed my hand, taking a few steps away from the rest. "It was a good tour guys, I'll see you later!" he called to them, pulling me along with him.

"Alex, slow down." I giggled, trying to slow his pace.

"I don't have time to slow down."

"Yes you do."

"Nah." he smiled, giving me a quick kiss. We stood at baggage claim for a moment until he saw his suitcase. He swept in and got it, pulling it along behind him as he put his arm around me, leading me to the airport's main doors.

We found my car and put his things in the trunk, then I handed him the keys. I never had the courage to ever actually drive Alex anywhere after we've been in a relationship for over a year and four months. He took them willingly and got in the car, adjusting the mirrors, seats, and wheel to his preference.

Then I got nervous. I realized I had to tell him within this next hour. I also had to have a doctor's appointment today, which may be too much for him to handle at once. I sighed and looked out the window, watching the scenery pass by. "What's wrong, love?"

"Nothing." I shrugged. "Just really tired today."

"Finally get over the stomach virus?" he laughed, grabbing my hand. "Oh, by the way, you look beautiful today."

I blushed and bit my lip. It felt good to have someone else's positive opinion on the way I looked to override what I saw. My hips were wider, I had a tiny bulge sticking out between them. I had to go up a cup size in bras and start wearing loose fitting pants. I didn't feel good about any of this stuff. I was lucky enough to be able to hide it.

"Shut up or I'll forcefully make myself puke on you again."

"I'm being serious. I think you look, just wow today."

"I didn't do anything special with my appearance so I don't see how." I rolled my eyes. "But thank you for giving me nice feedback."

"Oh, anytime!" he smiled and shook his head. He pulled the car into our driveway and killed the car, turning to look at me. "Home sweet home." he laughed, jumping out of the car. I slowly got out, making my way around the car. He put his arm around my waist and led me to the front door, sticking the key into the lock.

Baz scampered to the door, jumping on him in excitement. "Baz, go away."

"Beef with Sebastian over me, babe?"

"Yes, totally." I sarcastically said, being pushed up against the wall.

"I guess that happens when you're incredibly sexy like me, hm?" he smirked, kissing me with a lot of passion.

"Stop." I giggled in between the sweet kisses.

"No." he breathed, kissing my neck.

"Oh my God."

"You're liking this, aren't you?" he laughed, sucking on the sensitive skin on my neck.

"Alex." I groaned.

"Hmm?"

"Stop." I took a deep breath, pushing him away from me. I awkwardly walked away from him, thinking of things I could say. Oh hey Alex, I'm three months pregnant and I have a doctors appointment today. It just wasn't that easy! Why? Why couldn't it be? "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" he asked, putting his arms back around my waist. I placed my hands on his chest, feeling his heart racing inside. I now knew he felt just as nervous as I was.

"Alex I'm-" I started, growing cowardly again. "I'm,"

"You're what?" he looked at me with a hurt expression. "Oh God, you're not cheating on me are you?"

"Alex, no! That's not it at all!" I sighed. "It's just hard to say."

"Well just say it, please."

I shook uncontrollably as I unwound his arms from my waist, pulling up my shirt to expose my stomach. I placed his hands on the small bump, watching him closely. He looked confused and frustrated. "Baby." I said quietly, moving his hands around it.

He stared at my stomach, frozen in the state he was in. This wasn't how I wanted it to come out. I wanted him to smile and hug me. Instead I get him to freeze up? My bottom lip quivered and tears started to fall. "Love, why are you crying?"

"You froze." I said, wiping away the tears.

"Because, well, I'm shocked. But I'm so damn happy right now." he smiled big. I watched as a tear traveled down his cheek. "I'm such a pussy for crying, but this is how happy I am, baby." he laughed, wiping it away. "This is just so great. How far along are you?"

"Alex, promise me something?"

"Anything, love."

"Don't get mad at me." I sighed, lacing my fingers through his. "Remember when you took me to the hospital in January and you had to go pee?"

"Yeah, but how is me having to pee relevant to your pregnancy?" he raised a eyebrow.

"Alex, shut up. Let me finish. You left and the doctor came in and told me I was almost a month pregnant. When you came back in, I didn't have to guts to tell you. I was scared and I didn't want to be selfish. So I told you I had the stomach virus. I'm really sorry."

He furrowed his brow in frustration. "So you're saying you're how far along?"

"Fourteen weeks and four days. Three months, Alex. You'll have a little bundle of joy around September fourth."

"So, when do I get to see this little thing?" he smiled, rubbing his hands around my stomach.

"You'll get your opportunity today. In thirty minutes, actually." I smiled, feeling the nudging again. "And I think it likes you."

"What?" he laughed, giving me a strange look.

"I can feel it when it moves. I've been feeling it for the past week now." I giggled, wrapping my arms around him.

"Well shit," he smiled still, kissing my forehead. "when do we know the gender of this thing?"

"Well, actually if it's in the right place, today."

"Really?" he asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes." I nodded. "I don't wanna be late, so can we go?"

"Yes, yes." he said, grabbing my hand. We walked back out to the car and got in, talking more and more about the little thing growing inside me. I was so relieved he was taking it well.

"Also, can I ask you something?"

"What's that, baby?"

I sighed, thinking of how I should explain it. "Can we keep it a secret?"

"Why?" he asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I just want it to be a surprise until it's born. Especially to your parents and everyone else. Brooklyn already knows and I've begged her not to tell Zack, so I'm in good condition there."

"So you can tell your best friend, but I can't tell mine? Bullshit." he shook his head and laughed.

"Well, I can avoid everyone else, but I can't avoid school, Alex." I rolled my eyes.

"That's true. I guess we can keep this a secret"

"Awesome." I smiled, fidgeting around in the seat in anticipation. He slowly pulled into the parking lot to annoy me, smirking at me as we got out.

I hugged onto his arm as we walked to the building, walking through the glass doors. I checked myself in and sat down in the waiting area, holding onto his hand nervously. "Why're you nervous? It's gonna be okay."

"I know, I'm just really excited and happy."

"I don't think I could really tell you how I feel right now too, baby." he smiled, playing with my fingers. "I've only known about this for forty five minutes, and I'm already certain I love it."

"We have a love-hate relationship. It hates me, I love it. It makes me gain weight, get angry, gives me cravings, makes my body ache, yet, I still love it." I giggled.

"Haley Gaskarth?" a nurse called. "The doctor will see you now."

I stood up, towing Alex along with me. I walked into the room where I've had all of my earlier appointments in and sat down on the table. "This doesn't look terrifying." he commented, looking around the room.

"Not one bit. It's less terrifying since my doctor is a woman."

"Good. I don't want some tool looking at my wife's vagina." he rolled his eyes, setting down in the chair next to me.

"Ugh, you're so profane." I shook my head, hearing the door open.

"Hello Haley, how are you?" my doctor, Dr. Greene, asked, setting down her clipboard on the cabinets adjacent to the table I was on.

"I'm good." I nodded.

"Oh, you're her husband right?" she asked, turning to Alex.

"Yes ma'am. I'm Alex, it's nice to meet you." he shook her hand, politely smiling at her.

"Very nice to meet you too. Glad you could join us today." she smiled. "Shall we start?"

"Mhm." I nodded, laying back onto the table. I lifted my shirt up and waited for the cold jelly to come out. I shuddered when she applied it. "Ooh, that's cold."

"Sorry! If I could make it less cold, I would!" she laughed, pressing down the instrument on my stomach. A blue and black picture showed on the small screen of the baby. "Have you started to feel any movement yet?"

"Tons. It loves to move. I started feeling it last week, and it's progressed stronger over the time."

"That's good. Means your baby's healthy. Look, it's sucking it's thumb."

A large grin spread across Alex and I's faces. She was right, the small thing was sucking on it's thumb. "Awh."

"We caught it." she said, moving the stick around my stomach. "Would you like to know the sex of your baby?"

"Yes please." I took a deep breath.

She shut off the machine and paused longer than the stupid pause Ryan Seacrest did for the results of American Idol. "Congratulations, you're having a baby girl."

I stared at Alex in disbelief. He looked like he was about to die with excitement. Tears fell from my eyes again, only this time, they were tears of joy. "Oh my God, this is amazing."

"I'll leave you two alone for a moment." she nodded, leaving the room.

"Alex, oh my God." I cried, reaching for him. He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my head numerous amounts of times.

"I'm lost for words." he said, resting his forehead on my shoulder. "I love you both, so much."

"We definitely love you too." I laughed, pulling his lips to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just really think I'm going to cry. ;o This is so beautiful, lol. <3 Now the hard part is naming the kid. Mhmmmmmmm.
Comment & Subscribe.