‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Painting Flowers

"Any thoughts on what we should name her?" I asked him, sticking my finger into the peanut butter jar.

"You can't name a baby until it comes out of your vagina, babe." he snorted, taking the peanut butter away from me.

"I was named before I came out of my mom's vagina. I'm pretty sure you were too, knowing how excited your mom gets over things." I shook my head. "This is my breakfast, give it back."

"I just brought you the banana bread you were craving thirty minutes ago. Eat that."

"When you're pregnant, cravings come and go." I rolled my eyes. "We're going to name this baby before September, know that. Okay?"

"Lets fucking do it now, then!" he smiled, putting his arm around my shoulders. "Female names, right?"

"Yes, smart ass. Pick a letter."

"M." he said, beginning to think.

"You would pick a letter where nothing comes to mind." I shook my head. "I think I have a middle name in mind, though."

"And that is?"

"Renae."

He nodded in agreement. "I like that. But she needs a name to go with it."

I watched as he flipped open the top of the laptop and gave it life. He opened a internet tab and Google searched baby names. He picked out a site and got a list of female names starting with the letter M. "Macy is cute."

"Nah." he turned his head, giving me a smug grin.

"Madaline is too."

"Madaline Gaskarth. The name doesn't fit well with the last name." he sighed. "Madalynn is pretty."

"Madalynn Renae Gaskarth." I nodded. "I like that."

"Lets search the Is now."

"Okay."

"Ivy?" he raised a eyebrow. "Not bad."

"Renae doesn't sound right with it though." I frowned.

"Ivy Nichole works."

"I guess. I like Madalynn better."

"So do I." he smiled, putting his arm around me. "Madalynn Renae Gaskarth it is." he leaned in to kiss me, also rubbing my small baby bump.

"Okay." I giggled, biting my lip. I ran my hands up and down his bare chest, leaning up to kiss him. I barely managed to because the door bell rang, making us both turn to stare at the door. "I think it's your turn to answer it."

"I bet it's Jack." he said, standing from the sofa. He walked to the door and looked through the peephole. "And I'm right."

He pulled open the door and looked at him. "Are you Gayscarfs almost ready?"

"Why wouldn't we be?"

"I don't know." he shrugged. "You're not even dressed, asshole."

"Uh yeah, I've been busy.." he laughed nervously, shutting the door.

"You're not dressed yet either, Haley?"

"Well, don't expect me to be looking gorgeous twenty five minutes after waking, sunshine."

"Whoa, calm down Haley. No need to get angry." he threw his hands up in defense. "Just go get dressed so I can get married."

"Fine." I grumbled stomping towards the stairs. I walked into the bedroom, finding the bag with the dress I was supposed to wear. I stood there looking at the short, blue cocktail dress, waiting for Alex to enter the room at any time.

"Hi." he walked in, picking up his shirt that was neatly folded on the bed, slipping his arms through it.

"Hi." I sighed, setting down.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm terrified for my life right now." I frowned, looking up at him.

"Why?" he asked, setting down next to me.

"I got this dress over a month ago when I was barely pregnant, and now look.." I paused, pulling up my shirt. "Alex." I whined, leaning against him.

"I think it'll be alright baby." he mumbled into my shoulder. "Put it on and lets see."

I nodded and stood up, turning away from him and pulled off my shirt. "Look away."

"What?"

"I don't want you to see this."

"You listen to me, ma'am." he said, standing up. He turned me around to face him. "I think you're beautiful. Even more beautiful now that you're carrying my child. So I don't wanna hear this talk, okay? You're beautiful. Fucking gorgeous. I love you, baby."

"I love you too." I sighed, taking the dress from the bag. I unzipped the back and stepped into it, pulling it up my thighs. I pulled it into place, turning around to let him zip it up. I waited for him to say it was too tight, but it actually zipped all the way. I walked to the mirror and looked at myself, turning a full 360 to view the way it fit.

"Now, you look beautiful baby." he smiled, adjusting the tie around his neck.

"Thanks." I giggled, flashing him a smile.

I walked into the bathroom and started doing my hair and makeup. I added my favorite black and white bow in my hair to make it look cuter. I nodded to myself in satisfaction and walked back into the bedroom, seeing Alex was completely prepared. I slipped on my heels and walked over to him, kissing him quickly on the lips.

"Now, we have a wedding to attend." he smiled, grabbing my hand.
_________________________________________________
Alex's POV:

I watched as the time passed by and the guests arrived, piling into my backyard. I think I was a little insane to let Jack and Kay get married back there, but since it was small, I didn't mind. I had to constantly tell Jack it was okay and to calm down since he was starting to get nervous. Haley was upstairs with Kay and Brooklyn, helping doll up the bride.

I stood at the back door with Jack, watching everyone outside. "God how long until?" he asked, pacing the floor.

"Jack, bro, calm the fuck down."

"I'm sorry I just-" he started, being cut off by loud screaming outside. "What the fuck?"

I looked out to see a tiny dark haired girl, which was Kay's friend Kimberly, arguing with Matt. "What the fuck is up with those two?"

"Oh? You didn't hear? Matt got Kim pregnant. They had a one night stand on your birthday."

Whoa, that's a shocker.. "Shit." I laughed. I then felt the urge to tell him about how I got Haley pregnant too. Fuck, I have to keep this a secret. But I can't.. "Jack, can I tell you something?"

"Anything bro. What's up?" he gave me his attention, looking at me closely.

"I may need your help with things.." I sighed.

"Things? Help?"

"Look, you can't tell anyone I tell you this. If Haley finds out, she's going to probably fucking kill me." I sighed. "Man, Haley's fifteen weeks pregnant. She wanted to keep it a secret from everyone. Don't ask me why, because really, I don't know."

"It's your kid right?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, asshole." I rolled my eyes. "It's my daughter."

"It's a girl?"

"She's a girl. Madalynn Renae Gaskarth is her name."

"Oh nice bro, congrats." he smiled and nodded.

"Thanks." I sighed with relief. "But you have to do me a huge favor, and not tell anyone. You can help me keep everyone away from her farther on into it."

"Why does she wanna keep it a secret?"

"With Haley, there's no telling. I know everything there is to know about that girl, but that's just something I could never figure out." I stopped, seeing Jack's dad walk through the door.

"You guys ready?" he asked us, patting both of us on the shoulder.

"Yeah." Jack smiled, nearly running to the door.

"Jack, don't faint." I laughed, following him into the backyard. I walked down the path with Jack, seeing Haley off to the side conversing with my mom. "Hey Jack, I'll be right back." I told him, walking in direction to my wife. I walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her. She flinched and eased into me, placing her hands on top of mine. "Hi baby, hi Mom."

"Alexander, it's good to see you got your tie on correctly." my mother smiled at me. "Haley's keeping you in line very well, then."

I fake frowned and kissed Haley's cheek, resting my chin on her shoulder. "Haley takes good care of me, Mama."

"Don't you have some best manning to be doing?" she giggled, twisting around in my arms.

"I'm taking a break to see my beautiful wife and my beautiful mother. Someone else can remind Jack to stay calm for awhile." I smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Well talk to me later, I have to find your father." my mom shook her head, walking away from us.

"Okay then." I said, looking down at Haley. "Hi, love."

"Hi." she flashed me a smile. "Madalynn is moving like crazy."

"Because she loves her daddy so much." I laughed, rubbing her baby bump.

"Psh, she loves me more." she shook her head.

"Gaskarth, get your ass back over to Jack." Matt bitched, prying me away from Haley.

"Whoa dickhead. I hear enough of this shit on tour, no need to father me now." I rolled my eyes. "Baby, come on." I said to her, grabbing her hand. I walked her to the seats for us in the second row, ordering her to sit. "I'll be back, okay?" I told her, kissing her on the lips.

I walked back to Jack, evaluating how nervous he was now. Kay was about to come out now, and the wedding was going to start. Jack was finally getting married.

Haley's POV:

Everybody stood for Kay as she walked down the grassy path with her brother Dylan. She looked almost as nervous as I was when I married Alex. But she looked beautiful.

Dylan passed her off to Jack and returned to his seat. I watched as the two looked at each other nervously, silently fessing their love for each other. The guests took their seat again and quietly listened as the minister started to talk. Alex moved from Jack's side to come sit with me. He held my hand as we watched the two say 'I do.'

“I, Kaylyn, take you Jack, to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.” Kay recited to Jack, smiling widely as she did so.

I started to tear up as Jack recited it back to her. In process of wiping tears off my face, I felt a strange feeling on the right side of my stomach. It was off and on for a few seconds, then became more frequent and stronger. I realized what was happening. Madalynn was kicking. I held my hand over my stomach, feeling the little flicks coming from the inside. I grabbed Alex's hand and placed it on the active site, looking up at him.

He stared down at me in shock for a moment, twisting his lips into a smile. I held my hand over his and smiled at him. She kept kicking after awhile then moved. Jack and Kay were pronounced husband and wife and kissed each other lovingly, causing me to look away. Alex laughed and kissed me on the forehead.

Now that the two was married, all the guest stayed for a chat, to witness the first dance of the married couple. Alex had told me he wrote a song to play for them, so he had disappeared off into the crowd, leaving me setting on. He reappeared with Zack and Rian, carting a tiny drum and two acoustic guitars with them.

"I'd like to take a second to say a few words about our lovely bride and groom. I'm Alexander, Jack's bitch for the day. I mean best man.” he smirked, making the audience laugh. "I'm here to make a toast to the newlyweds. This is a toast to say best wishes to the four of you."

I watched as Jack and Kay started to dance to the song Alex played. They swayed easily back and forth to the beat of Rian's taps on the drum.

"Strange maze,
What is this place?
I hear voices over my shoulder..
Nothing's making sense at all.
Wonder why do we race?
When everyday we're running in circles..
Such a funny way to fall..
Tried to open up my eyes,
I'm hopin' for a chance to make it alright.

When I wake up,
The dream isn't done.
I wanna see your face,
And know I made it home.
If nothing is true,
What more can I do?
I am still painting flowers for you.

Show my cards,
Gave you my heart,”


Over Alex's voice I heard panic coming from Kaylyn. "Jack, that's not a puddle.. My water just broke."

"Oh." he mumbled, looking shameful. "We need to get you to the hospital now."

"Alex?" I called out to him, catching his attention directly. He looked over to Jack and Kay who were moving slowly towards the door. He slid out of his guitar strap and threw it to Matt, running to where I was.

"Come on, baby. Lets go have some babies." he smiled, pulling me along side with him.

"Wait." I stopped him, kicking off the black heels I was wearing. "I can move faster now."

"Alright, get in the car." he said, helping me into the backseat of Jack and Kay's Tahoe.

I held tightly on to Alex and my dear life as Jack drove us to the hospital. On the way there, Kay started having contractions. By the time they got her into a room, they were closer together. I became nervous for September as I watched them check her out.

By a half hour of waiting, the doctors gave her a epidural, numbing away all her pain. Her labor process was going rather quickly than most. She was dilated to eight centimeters and already felt the urge to push.

Alex and Jack were freaking out. Now that the doctor was in, now encouraging Kay to push, they were even worse. I held Kay's hand and left the two idiots in the corner to freak. "Come on Kay, you can do it." I told her. She took one deep breath and pushed, sending out the first baby. A loud cry came into the room as he was took over to the corner of the room to be cleaned.

I looked to see how Alex and Jack were in the corner. Jack was blue and was laying on the floor. Alex stepped over him and came to Kay's other hand, helping me coach her through the next few stages of pushing while her new husband was passed out on the floor.

She pushed out the last baby, taking deep breaths in relief. "Oh my God." she laughed, leaning her head on her shoulder. "Is Jack okay?"

"I think he's dead." Alex laughed nervously, looking at Jack. "You're not dying, are you love?"

"No, I think I'm alive." I smiled, shaking my head. I walked to the other side of the room where he was, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist. The nurses brought her the boys, placing them both in her arms.

"Oh my fucking god." she laughed, kissing both of their foreheads. "I see no resemblance of Jack. Except the hair." she stroked the thick black hair coming from the one baby's head.

"I hope their attitude isn't like Jack's."

"Alex, shut up. Jack is great." she shook her head. "Haley, you wanna hold one?"

"Oh, uh.. sure." I stuttered, moving closer to take one into my arms. I picked him up, rocking him back and forth. "Which one do I have, Kay?"

"Hayden."

"Hayden." I repeated her, looking down at the baby. Alex put his arm around me, resting his chin on my shoulder to get a view of Hayden also.

"You guys look so cute right now." she giggled. "Alex, hurry up and get her pregnant."

"I'm trying." he laughed, kissing my shoulder. "I definitely am trying."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well Jack and Kay have their kiddies and they're married. (;
Check out the story my friend Jaimee has that's a Jack fanfic in Kaylyn's POV: She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For .
Comment & Subscribe. c: