‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

But Yes

"So are you going to go to prom with me as my date?" Brooklyn asked me as soon as I sat down at the lunch table.

"When is prom anyway?" I sighed, looking down at the sack lunch Alex woke up to make me this morning while I was showering. He handed it to me during our long goodbye before I left. All Time Low's time off flew by, now leaving Madalynn and I all alone for the next month.

"Haley, it's two weeks from tomorrow."

"Really?" I coughed, looking at her like she was insane.

"Yes really. I want you to come with me. Please?" she begged, giving me the puppy dog face.

"Why?" I sighed. "And if I can get a dress that actually fits me.."

"Please? We'll go shopping after school today! I beg of you!"

"Why me?"

"Because you're my best friend and I don't have a date. You know I'd bring Zack if he could make it.

"I know." I shook my head. "I'll ask Alex first."

"One step ahead of you." she smiled mockingly at me. "I asked him a week ago."

"You sneaky child!"

"I knew you'd be like this and try to make a excuse, so I went behind you and got Alex's permission to be your date. Suck on it and choke, bitch."

"My mother always told me not to put small things in my mouth." I snorted. "He's lucky he's in Florida because if he was still home, I'd go there and smack him."

"Poor Alex."

"Oh indeed, poor Alex." I smiled. "I didn't want him to leave."

"I didn't want to let Zack leave." she frowned.

"I wonder how Kay's doing now that Jack's gone."

"Probably on her toes." she giggled. "Have you and Alex worked out a plan of action?"

"What plan of action?" I raised my eyebrow.

"After Madi is born?"

"He'll be home for a while for 'writing purposes', as he told Matt, then back to touring until December. Then All Time Low is working on a new album in January."

"So you'll have help?" she asked, really starting to annoy me with all the questions.

"Yes, Brooklyn. I'll have tons of help. My mom will be around, Alex's parents will be around. Even my step-mom will be around." I shook my head. "But yes, I'll go to prom with you. Okay?"

"Okay." she squealed with excitement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but another update. :)
Comment & Subscribe.