‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Mixed Feelings

Alex had gotten me enrolled in a new school that was closer to where we lived at. I was happy that I wasn't in Dulaney anymore, and more content with the fact that my new school was smaller. I wasn't set to start until tomorrow, leaving me one last day at home. Worst part of this last day was that Alex flew back to LA tonight.

We spent the whole day packing his bag. Well more like me doing his laundry and helping him neatly fold everything to fit into his suitcase. Then I went into total housewife mode, cleaning every room in the house whether it was already clean or not. Then I got a call from Ella asking me if I would pick the twins up from daycare because she had to work late.

So Alex and I had spent the last three hours chasing around two little girls, who had mastered the skills of crawling. For five month old twins, they both were learning too fast. It killed me to look at them sometimes, seeing my dad in their resemblance. His thick, dark brown hair, and his hazel eyes and his smile.

It was getting late and we were asked to bathe them and put them to bed before nine. I ran them bath water and got them into the tub successfully. Alex stood by, making funny faces behind my back while I tried to clean them off. "Would you help me out, instead of sitting there and making faces?" I turned at him, smiling faintly.

"I was just staying out of the way, but I can!" he laughed, getting on his knees to help me. Two working got a lot more done, so we let them sit and play around in the water for a bit. "Wanna see something hysterical?" he asked Sophia, getting a nod in response from her.

He splashed me with water and smiled evilly at me. "Alexander William!" I splashed him back, only to get splashed again, the twins giggling in delight. "I hope you're happy with yourself."

"Delighted." he smirked, pulling the plug in the tub. "Now, lets get these two to bed."

He helped me dry them off and dress them in night clothes that were in a bag given to me when we picked them up at daycare. I was actually impressed with his fatherly ability he claimed he didn't have. I walked down the stairs to grab a couple blankets for them to sleep with out of a closet full of nothing but blankets. I grabbed two and dashed back up the stairs, stopping at the doorway of the guest bedroom.

I kept quiet as I listened to him sing to them. He sang lyrics from Break Out! Break Out! softly to them, getting them to listen and comprehend what he was doing. I smiled to myself, finding everything about this situation cute. I walked in quietly and placed the blankets on the edge of the bed, waiting for him to finish singing to them.

"Ready for bed you two?" I asked them once he was finished singing. They shook their head in disagreement, but yawned, giving their tiredness away. "You're gonna have to anyway. I'd hate for your mommy to get mad at me."

"Mama?" Lia piped, looking around the room.

"Mama is at work." Alex told her.

I wrapped Lia in the blanket and kissed her forehead, then unwrapped the other blanket for Sophia. She hugged onto Alex, yawning. She looked up at him, her hazel eyes bubbling with curiosity, "Dada?" she pointed at him.

I laughed in order to hide the strong emotions I felt. I wanted to cry. It was so cute, yet it broke my heart to know that they wouldn't have much memory of their dad. "Okay doll, it's time for bed." Alex laughed and kissed her forehead. He wrapped her up in the blanket and stood up, walking across the room to shut off the light. We stood in silence, making sure they actually fell asleep.

Once they were, we went to our bedroom and laid down on the bed. I snuggled up next to him and let him play with my hair. "They have taken a liking to you."

"So I've noticed." he laughed. "They're a handful, but they're fun."

"Dada?" I giggled.

"I didn't know what to say to that. I didn't have a heart to say no to her."

"I understand. That was probably the best thing."

"I'm sorry, baby." he sighed and kissed my forehead. "I love you though."

"I love you too."

"You know what? Taking care of them do change my perspective of having a child of our own. I do admit, they're entertaining." he laughed.

"I was impressed with you. I do think you have what it takes to be a dad, babe." I smiled and kissed his lips.

"I don't know, I still have mixed feelings about it, but whenever we do have a baby, I swear to God that their first words will be 'you got it dude.'"

"Oh my God." I shook my head. "Then you could most likely tell it's Alex Gaskarth's child."

"Good!" he smiled. Our puppy, Baz, strutted into the room and hopped on the bed, laying in between us. "What do you think you're doing Baz?"

"Coming to be my snuggle buddy. Duh."

"Are you going to take my place while I'm gone?" he asked, stroking Sebastian's coat. I had forgotten that Alex was leaving tonight. My mind was ignorant to it with the twins being here, pushing it to the back of my brain.

"I don't want you to leave." I pouted, hearing the doorbell ring. Baz came unglued, jolting out of the bed and started to bark as he made his way downstairs.

"I'm going to end him if he wakes the girls up." I got up, taking off into a run to the door. I picked Sebastian up and opened the door to let Ella in.

"Hi Haley! How are you?" she pulled me into a hug.

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm fantastic." she smiled. "Are the girls asleep?"

"Yeah, they're in the upstairs bedroom." I said, setting Baz down on the couch. We both walked to the spare bedroom to see Alex holding them both.

"Well would you look at you, Alex." she laughed, taking Lia from him. "Getting preparation of becoming a father, huh?"

"Yes ma'am." he laughed, rocking Sophia back and forth.

"Do you guys plan to have any yourself now that you're married?"

"Hopefully one day." I shrugged.

"Trying." he smiled, trying to outdo my answer.

"Hopefully you do. It'd make your dad very happy, Haley." she smiled, walking towards the door. Alex and I followed her out to the driveway, helping her strap the two into their booster seats. "Thank you guys for watching them. I had a lot of work to do tonight." she sighed. "I sometimes regret becoming a lawyer."

"It's no problem." I shrugged.

"Thank you again! Bye!" she said, getting into her car. We watched her leave the driveway and zoom up the street.

"Now what?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"I know exactly what." he swept me off my feet and took me back into the house. He made sure the door was locked before he trailed us off upstairs. He shut the bedroom door before Baz could get in. He laid me down in the middle of our bed, kissing me softly at first. I knew what he was doing: trying to get it in one last time for the next three weeks.

The kisses were quickly heating up. I pulled his shirt and mine off, then losing the pants. I let him remove the rest of our clothes with our kissing never breaking off. He pulled the blankets over us and kissed my neck one more time before he pushed in.

He pushed inside of me slowly while he kept his lips on my throat and neck, sucking softly on the areas that drove me insane. I kept my hands placed on his shoulder blades, pulling him closer to eliminate the space between us. "Alex," I moaned, moaning even more when he increased the speed of his thrusts.

"Baby, I love you." he panted as he didn't bother to stop.

"Alex," I moaned his name out again. "I, love you too."

We slipped closer and closer to our end. The feeling in the pit of my stomach fired up then diminished. I cuddled against him and buried my face into his chest, starting to bawl my eyes out. "Baby, what's wrong?" he tightly wrapped his arms around me.

"I don't want you to leave." I mumbled, starting to feel like a idiot for crying. "I don't want you to go."

"I know baby. I don't wanna leave you either." he frowned. "I promise, we'll be together again really soon."

I kept crying. His words had no effect on my cheeriness. His phone rang, making my heart sink to my stomach. I knew that was the call to tell him that it was closer in time to leaving. "Okay bro, I gotcha. I'll see you and Kay later. Bye." I heard him say to Jack. "I need to get a move on, love."

"No." I shook my head, clinging onto him. "I don't want you to."

"I have to." he sighed. "The guys will be here soon to get me."

"Please, go record your album and get your ass back to Baltimore."

"I will. I have all the writing and harmonies down, now all we have to do is put it all together and record the vocals and we're done. I promise, when you're out there, I'll show you all the stuff we have to do." he laughed, sliding out of bed. He redressed himself and got my pajamas from the closet out for me. I put them on and slid one of his hoodies over my tank top.

Then time started to move. We were outside waiting for the guys to show. I stood in his embrace, still lightly sobbing into his chest. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." he kissed the top of my head. "Time will fly by quickly and we'll be back together."

Zack's car pulled up and stopped in the driveway. Alex dragged me along side of him, to put his suitcase in the trunk of the car. I felt kinda awkward for being in tears and looking like a total mess in front of the others over this. I should of graduated a year earlier.

"We gotta go, Gayscarf." Matt told Alex as he messed with his phone. I sighed and took a deep breath, hugging onto Alex as tight as I could.

"Well, this'll be it for now. I promise to call all the time. No doubt." he kissed my forehead, then my lips. "I love you. Please have a good day at school tomorrow."

"I love you too." I kissed him lovingly. "Bye, I don't want you to miss your flight."

"No chance with Matt in charge." he mumbled, pointing to Matt. "He's a dick about everything."

I giggled and kissed him one more time. "Bye. Don't have too much fun without me."

"I won't." he wrapped his arms around me tightly. "But I do love you."

"Okay, Gayscarfs, hurry your shit up!" Matt impatiently yelled.

"I love you too. Now go." I pointed to the car, taking a step back. He got into the backseat and blew me a kiss before he shut the door. I watched as the car zoomed down the street.

I was left alone with Baz for the next three weeks. I was starting school tomorrow with no hope whatsoever. I walked back into the house and picked up Sebastian, going up the steps, and found myself in the bedroom. I laid under the blankets that smelt strongly of Alex with Sebastian curled up by my side. I sighed and closed my eyes, telling myself it was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a little draggy, and I feel like I did terrible on it. -__-
But I wanna thank y'all for subscribing. I don't even have five chapters out yet and I have over 40 subscribers for this. I guess I am a good writer then. hahah.
Comment & Subscribe.