‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Mini Alex

A week had passed by since I gave birth to Madalynn. Strangely, I happen to give birth to her on June fourteenth, setting her, Alex, and I being born on the fourteenth day of three different months. Now it was June twenty-fourth, Alex and I's one year anniversary. We were allowed to take her home.

It had to be storming on this day too. I've learned she was very much like me: she hated thunder storms. She would cry everytime a bang of thunder sounded, Alex would hold her and sing to her. She was also very quiet. She rarely cried. Unless a thunderstorm was occurring..

Now that it was time to take her home, Alex and I got to face the complications of parenting. The car seat was hard to adjust. "Alex, be careful. Don't pinch her." I said, helping him strap her in.

"I won't." he smirked. "Ow! I will pinch myself though." he shook his head, sliding out of the backseat. "Are you up to showing off our little joy?"

"But who to show first?" I smiled, shrugging my shoulders.

"My mom and dad are probably the best right now. We might need their help somewhere along the line." he laughed, helping me into the car. "Then I guess we can call in the guys to come over, then surprise them?"

"Sounds fine to me." I grinned, leaning in for a kiss before he shut the passenger door. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

He shut the door and walked to the driver's side, getting in. He started it up and eased out of the parking hole, taking us in route to his parent's. I was a little excited, but nervous on how they were going to react to this. I know Isobel will be ecstatic, but Alex and I would probably never hear the end of how we didn't tell her. They probably wouldn't believe me when I say I was pregnant. I never really showed enough for it to be noticeable until May. Now I can't even prove that I was either, since I was almost back to my regular size. My hips were just a tad wider and my boobs were bigger, but like anyone but Alex would notice.. He had to be the one to point it out too.

"Babe?" I felt him touch my arm, pulling me out of my daydreaming. We were pulled into his parent's driveway.

"Yeah?" I laughed, unbuckling my seat belt. "What's the plan of action?"

"So, they're probably in the living room chilling, watching TV." he nodded. "We'll walk in and shut the door, one of us go talk to them while the other unstraps her from the.. whatever the fuck that thing is called, then boom. Surprise!"

"Sounds like a lovely plan." I rolled my eyes, pushing the door open. "Lets do this!"

"You seem so enthused." he laughed, getting into the backseat to pull the carrier out. Once he had a hold of it, he got out, grabbing my hand with his available one. We walked up the sidewalk and I started to get a little nervous.

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm nervous."

"I am too." he said, letting go of my hand to open the door. He swung it open and let us in, stopping to set down the carrier. "Grab her."

I nodded, bending down to undo the straps that kept her in the seat. "Fuck, I can't get it."

"Go distract them then." he shook his head, leaning down, unbuckling the straps like they were nothing.

"Hey Alex?"

He looked over his shoulder, looking up at me. "Yes love?"

"You fucking suck." I giggled, turning on my heel. I walked into the living room, finding his mother and father in the room.

"Haley?" Isobel asked, looking up from whatever she was doing. "What are you doing here? Is Alex here?"

"Just dropping by for a visit." I smiled, taking a seat on one of the sofas. "He's here, he went to the bathroom."

"Okay." she nodded. "Happy anniversary to you two."

"Thank you." I said, looking at the doorway to see Alex walk in with Madalynn in his arms. "Well look who's here." I said, taking my eyes of the two, setting his mother and father into my gaze.

Isobel gasped, unsure on what to think. "Oh my."

"Hi Mom." Alex smirked, pretending like nothing different was happening. He walked to where she was setting, handing Madi to her. "Meet your granddaughter, Mom."

I looked over at his father, who was staring blankly at Isobel and Madalynn. "Alex, I don't understand."

"You adopted?" his mom looked in between us with a smile on her face.

"No." Alex let out a frustrated sigh. "Haley gave birth to her about a week ago. She's a preemie, Mom."

"Haley, you were pregnant?!"

"I was, yes. I know I don't look it, but I was." I smiled, watching her rock Madi. "She came three months early."

"She's healthy, just really tiny." Alex smiled, ruffling her hair.

"She looks like you Alex." his father said, moving closer to get a better view.

"Are we ever going to know her name?" she rolled her eyes.

"Madalynn Renae."

"Spell it."

"M-A-D-D-A-L-Y-N-N R-E-N-A-E." he laughed. "Like it?"

"Madalynn Renae Gaskarth.. it fits." she nodded. "Would you like to hold her Peter?"

He nodded and took Madi from her. "She's so quiet."

"It's hard to believe she's Alex's child." his mother smiled at him. "But you can definitely tell she's Haley's daughter since she's so quiet."

"And beautiful?" Alex smirked, looking at me.

"She is very beautiful. You both did a good job." Peter said, handing Madalynn back to Alex.

"Well, we should probably go home. We probably have people in our living room, awaiting our arrival."

"Getting excited with the showings Alex?" his mom laughed.

"Yep. They've been oblivious the past six months too." he laughed, standing up. "Bye Mom, bye Dad."

"Bye Alex." his mother stood, carefully hugging him since he had Madi in his arms. She placed a kiss on her tiny head then turned to me, pulling me into a tight hug. "Good luck to both of you and call me if you need anything."

"Will do." I smiled. "Bye."

We walked to the door where her carrier was, strapping her back into it. Alex picked it up, walking out the door. I walked out behind him, getting into the car while he put it into the car seat.

"Well that was a success." I said once he got in.

"I agree it was. Lets just hope everybody else takes it well." he laughed, grabbing my hand.

"Me too. Who all did you tell to come, exactly?"

"Well, before I walked in the living room, I sent a forward text to Jack, Kay, Matt, Rian, Zack, and Brooke. I think that would cover everyone for now."

"I hope." I looked down at our intertwined fingers. "You know, it's really hard to believe that a year ago today, you and I got married. Then now, we're parents."

"I know baby. I sorta wish we could have a little alone time." he smirked, staring me down with his brown eyes.

"Don't look at me, watch the road." I giggled.

"Why? You're just the cutest thing ever!" he laughed, reaching over to pinch my cheek.

"Stop it you asshole!" I laughed uncontrollably, swiping his hand away.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Is it just me, or is it kinda scary that Madalynn is really quiet?" he asked, looking into the mirror.

"Probably because she's sleeping." I rolled my eyes. "And she's only quiet when you hold her. I'm her mother for Christ's sake and she just doesn't like me. I'm being used for food and my hair as a toy."

"I don't like it when she pulls my hair." he frowned.

"Poor baby."

"Shush it."

"No." I smiled, seeing our house appear through the window. Jack and Kay's car was there, so was Rian and Zack's. Matt was probably with Rian. "Do you have another plan?"

"Uh.." he said, laughing. "I think we will just walk in?"

"I have a feeling they're in there eating our food.."

"Probably." he parked the car. We got out and Alex retrieved Madalynn, leaving me to stand at the front of the car waiting for them. I was not walking in alone.

"Alex?" I said after a moment of waiting.

"Yeah?"

"I'm nervous."

"I am too, love." he grabbed my hand, leading me to the front door. "You're home, baby." he smiled down at Madi, poking her nose. Her little eyes stared at him as she sucked on her pacifier.

I pushed the front door open, feeling everyone's eyes on me. "Haley, you're alive!" Rian laughed from the sofa.

"Yeah, I am." I nodded, waiting for Alex to take Madalynn out of her carrier. They had yet to notice anything. Everybody was talking to each other, but once Alex pulled her into his arms, they grew quiet, staring at her in awe.

"What the hell?" Matt raised his eyebrow. "What's that?"

"This Matt, is my daughter." Alex smirked, looking down at Madi. "You've all been oblivious to the fact that for the past six months, Haley's been pregnant. A week ago, something weird happened and she gave birth three months early."

"Oh my God." Kay gasped. "She's so pretty."

"She definitely looks like Alex." Jack said, looking at his wife.

"Hard to believe Haley's the mom." Rian laughed, walking closer to look at her.

"Shut up, Rian." I rolled my eyes. "Believe it, she's quiet unlike Alex."

"That's true! I didn't think of that."

"Wanna hold her, Ri?" Alex asked him.

"Oh, sure." he nodded, taking Madi from him. "Are we ever going to know the name of little Gaskarth?"

"Madalynn." I answered. "Or Madi."

"I like that. Madalynn. What's her middle name?"

"Renae." Alex said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Madalynn Renae Gaskarth." he nodded. "It suits her."

Everyone passed her around to hold. It was pretty funny to see Matt and Zack try to hold her, making it pretty obvious they hadn't probably ever held a baby a day in their life. It was late and everybody were starting to get bored with us. Jack and Kay were going out on a 'hot date' as Jack described it, so they left early. I was pretty impressed with everyone's reactions. No one was angry for keeping it a secret.

Alex also managed to talk Matt into canceling the next three weeks of Warped Tour for them, just so he could stay home and help me take care of Madalynn. Jack was pretty stoked too since he could stay home with his twin sons and Kay.

Now that everyone was gone, the house was quiet. I fed Madalynn while Alex was in the kitchen, making us dinner. She finished up and I burped her, only to get spit up on. Joy. But luckily it was on the spit rag. "Thanks, Madi." I shook my head, cleaning the milk from her chin.

Alex returned, setting a bowl of macaroni and cheese on the table in front of me. I wrapped her in her blanket and laid her back on the sofa between Alex and I. Her bottom lip quivered and she began to bawl her eyes out. Alex laughed, setting his food down on the table to pick her up. He cradled her, humming something softly. After a few minutes of rocking, she was quiet again. "Are you going to get angry if I put you down?" he narrowed his eyes at her. He attempted to lay her back down, but she began to cry again. "I worry we've held her too much." he laughed, picking her back up.

"I think she's been held the moment she was born." I shook my head, picking up his bowl of macaroni and cheese. "Here." I said, stabbing the cheesy noodles with the fork, holding it out for him to get a bite. I fed him while he held her to keep her from crying.

"Oh, this is so romantic." he sarcastically said, making me laugh.

"Oh yes."

"The things you make your mom do for me are pretty great, babe." he laughed, looking down at Madalynn. She was blowing bubbles with her spit while wiggling her fingers around and quietly cooing. "You're just a happy little thing, aren't you?"

I scooted over, leaning my head on his shoulder. "She's so cute."

"Mhm." he smiled, turning his head to me. He leaned in, kissing me passionately. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled, kissing him again.

"I think she's starting to get tired." he said, watching her rub her eyes and yawn. "Bedtime?"

"Well it is after nine." I nodded. "I am feeling a little tired myself."

"As am I, love. Lets take her to bed." he stood up, slowly walking to the stairs. I picked up our bowls of mac'n'cheese, taking them to the kitchen to put them in the refrigerator. I ran up the stairs, catching up with them before they went into our bedroom.

I grabbed a fresh diaper and a clean outfit for her to put on. Alex helped me change her diaper and redress her quickly so she wouldn't start fussing because she got cold. He played with her, making funny noises and talked to her while I changed into my pajama pants.

He picked her up, walking back out of the room. I had no clue where he was taking her. "Alex, where are you going?"

"Come on and you'll see." I heard him say. I walked out, following him down the hallway to one of the bedrooms. The room was painted yellow and there was furniture in the room. As much as I knew, we never got to get her a room set up. Alex must of done it while I was in the hospital. "I know, you're probably shocked. Thanks to Jack and I, we set this place up. I had Mr. mom help me pick out everything."

"Oh god, you two put together the crib?" I joked. "It's going to fall apart!"

He narrowed his eyes at me, shaking his head. "You're funny babe."

"I'm not funny, I'm hysterical." I smiled, stepping on my tip toes to kiss his cheek. I kissed Madi's forehead, watching him do the same after. He laid her down in the crib, waiting for the crying to start. Luckily, there was none. He stepped back, wrapping his arm around me.

"First day on our own has been a success." he quietly said, turning on a dim lamp on the table.

"It has been." I nodded in agreement, walking over to the light to turn it off. I flipped the light switch off, walking out of the room. He followed me back into the bedroom, snugging in the bed with me.

"I love you." he smiled, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too."

"I really can't believe we're parents now."

"Me either." I giggled.

"She's just so good. Scary crazy how she looks like me." he yawned, moving closer to my face. He kissed me softly then shut his eyes, staying silent. He was asleep after a few minutes. It never took much for him to fall asleep.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was now past nine thirty. I felt old for going to sleep so early, but now I don't mind at all. I was going to need all the sleep I can get.
♠ ♠ ♠
asdfghjkl; I love this chapter. <3 Madi is just too cute. xD
I also have a question. If I wrote another fanfiction for Jordan Witzigreuter or Kellin Quinn, would any of you fine readers of mine read it? I'm curious. c:
Comment & Subscribe.