‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Train Wreck

It's been four weeks since Alex left back for tour. It's been a rough time for me, struggling with Madalynn. She was used to having him around and now she was frustrated that he wasn't here. She has warmed up to me a lot now. I was relieved. Yet, sad that she wouldn't see her father until she's about four months old. Alex had a busy schedule for the next two months, making up shows for ones that were cancelled for all the personal reasons in March and July.

It was early in the morning. I've come down with summertime Insomnia, making it hard for me to sleep. Madi was sleeping through the night now, so I didn't have any source of entertainment. I worked up the nerve to call Alex to talk to in order to keep myself for going insane. I picked up my phone and found his name in my contacts, hitting the call button, thinking of something to say.

It ringed and ringed, then finally a unfamiliar voice answered. To my surprise, it was a woman. "Hello? Who is this?"

I was suddenly angered. "The question is, who are you and why are you answering my husband's phone?" Her excuse better be good or I was going to kill him and her both.

"Oh! You're Alex's wife! I'm Rian's girlfriend Cassadee, and Alex threw his phone out of his bunk so I answered it for him. I'm sorry to anger you." her voice was sincere.

"Tell him to wake up and talk to me."

"Okay." she giggled. "Alex, wake up. Hallie is on the phone."

"Who the fuck is Hallie?" I heard his tired voice in the background. "Oh, you mean Haley."

"Oops, shit. Sorry!" she apologized.

"Hello?" he answered, his voice very groggy.

"Thanks for answering your phone, cocksucker." I smiled. "I'm bored."

"So you call to insult me? Thanks babe." he snorted. "I'm sleepy."

"Well wake up and talk to me." I sighed. I thought up a trick to get him up. "I'm really lonely."

"Why? You have Kay and Jack.. I mean Kay and Brooklyn. I sometimes forget Jack's a guy, sorry."

"Not that kind of lonely.." I said, giggling at the sound of him taking a deep breath. He was caught onto my joke now.

"Why don't you and Madi just jump on a plane in the morning to Dallas?" he mumbled.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm. I think it would benefit the three of us."

"Oh Alexander, won't the others get mad?" I said in a low, sexual voice.

"Now you're torturing me. Stop it." he laughed.

"I think that was my plan." I giggled. "I miss you."

"I miss you too baby. That's why you and Madi get on a plane in the morning to come see me."

"But I don't think the others would want a two month old baby and I on board with them."

"Well Madalynn is quiet, so they won't know she exists until she's fussy because she's hungry or tired."

"But won't that kill it for the guys? Having to keep it down while she's sleeping?" I argued the case.

"Baby, please just come. Don't make me beg."

"Aleeeeeeeeeex." I thought about it. Fine. I was going to Texas tomorrow. "Fine."

"Woo!" he cheered then yawned. "I'm so tired."

"But Lexy." I flirtatiously said, using his pet name that I only used to embarrass him.

"Stop it."

"You're no fun."

"I. Am. Tired."

"I'm not."

"You're impossible. Can I go back to sleep now?" he sighed in frustration. "Rian is booking you a flight for ten thirty. The fucker was being a eavesdropper."

"Thanks Rian." I giggled. I finally let out a yawn then heard Alex laugh to himself. "What?"

"You're starting to get tired now."

"And?"

"Go to sleep love. Set your alarm so you don't oversleep." he said, yawning also.

"Okay." I nodded to myself. "I love you."

"I love you too baby, goodnight." he said, hanging up on me.

"Such a asshole." I muttered, flopping back onto the pillow. I sighed and took a deep breath, shutting my eyes to fall asleep.

Six thirty in the morning came quick. I only got two hours of sleep, that made it tough to get up. I sighed and kicked the covers off of me, running to the bathroom for a quick shower. I had a lot of shit to do between now and nine. Pack, get myself looking presentable enough for Alex, then Madi dressed and her packed.

After I showered, I did my hair in a hurry. I blew dried it and straightened it, then applied some eyeliner and mascara to my eyes. I ran back into the bedroom, towel still wrapped firmly around my body, to look for something to wear. While looking for something that would make me look nice and be appropriate for traveling, I threw things on the bed that I was going to take. I also got Madi's things crammed inside of my bag.

I walked into her room, seeing her laying in her crib blowing spit bubbles. Once she saw me, she smiled a toothless grin and reached out for me. God dammit, she looked so much like Alex, it was unbearable. "Morning sunshine!" I smiled, picking her up. "Guess who we're going to see today!"

She batted her long eyelashes at me, as I laid her down to change her diaper. Spitting image of Alex. I can't help but think that everytime I look at her. "We're going to see your daddy today."

I knew she understood by the way she smiled again. I provided her with a new diaper and dressed her in a white onesie and denim jeans and a pair of bright blue socks. I snapped a hair bow into her thick brown hair and picked her up, walking back towards my bedroom.

Holding her in one arm, and grabbing the handle to the suitcase in the other, I pulled the luggage down the stairs with me. I now had to prepare her a couple bottles. One for now, and another two for the plane ride. I sat her down in her carrier while I made them, making sure that the first one wasn't hot enough to burn her. I picked her back up and took her pacifier away, putting the tip of the bottle in her mouth.

She drank it until there was no more left. "Damn, miss piggy." I laughed, setting her down again to clean the bottle. I threw it in the dishwasher and began mentally making a checklist. I had everything besides baby formula, which I wasn't allowed to take on the plane. I pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket and searched for Rian's name in my contacts.

Hey Ri, are you up?

I quickly got a response back from him.

From Ri: Yep, just finished my morning coffee! What's up?

You're in the room with Alex right? Wake his ass up and make him go buy Madalynn some formula. Thank yoooou. (:


From Ri: Okay! Will do ma'am. Have a safe trip!

Lol, thanks Ri. C'ya!


I shoved my phone back into my pocket, now focusing on getting everything to the car. I set Madi on the sofa while I ran out to the car to fix her car seat. After a moment, I returned, picking up my daughter, the suitcase, and yelling at Sebastian to go bye-bye. I made sure I had the keys to my car, as I walked through the door.

I walked down the sidewalk, stopping dead in my tracks. My sister, someone I haven't seen in a solid year, was standing there in shock. "Where are you off to?"

"Dallas." I shortly answered, walking around her. I didn't have time to put up with her or her bullshit. I was angry with her.

"Oh, thanks for telling me I'm a aunt?" she roughly said. I ignored her, strapping Madalynn into her car seat. "What's her name? And where's Alex?" she asked, trying to make conversation with me. I ignored her again, placing a kiss on Madi's head. "Haley, quit fucking ignoring me."

I sighed in frustration. "Her name is Madalynn and in case you didn't know, Alex is in a band. He tours." I said slowly, talking like she was stupid.

"How come I don't know anything?"

"I guess it happens when you run off to Vegas and sell your body for sex, huh?" I scoffed, walking to the trunk to load my suitcase.

"I'm a stripper, not a prostitute." she corrected me, taking a few steps closer to me.

"Excuse me. Let me correct myself. I guess it happens whenever you run off to Vegas and become a fucking stripper!" I shook my head angrily. "And cut off all ties to your family?"

"It was all for a purpose."

"What purpose, Bella? I'm sure you're not even aware that dad is dead! I'm sure you're not even aware that mom is still alive, are you?!"

"What?!" she yelled, stepping more closer to me. I felt her hand make contact with my face, making a slapping noise. It stung. "Haley, I-I'm sorry."

"Fuck off." I hissed, slamming the trunk door. I rushed to the driver's side, ignoring her desperate apologies. I started the car up and angrily backed out of the driveway, squealing my tires on the pavement. I now pulled a Alex Gaskarth by doing that.

I drove to Alex's parents house to catch them before they went to work. Whenever I was to leave somewhere with Alex, I was always told to bring Sebastian to their house. Without a word, I walked in, letting Sebastian outside and exited, putting Madi back into her car seat. Then we started off to the airport.

We were lucky to be seated in first class. Rian set us up good. I was seated next to a elderly lady who was smiling at Madi. "She's a cutie. What's her name?" she asked me.

"Madalynn." I smiled, looking down at my child.

"That's pretty. How old is she?"

"Two months."

"She's tiny for two months." she laughed.

"She was actually born three months early." I admitted.

"So what's in Dallas that you two are traveling for?"

"Her father is there. He travels a lot so we're going to be traveling with him for a while." I smiled at Madi, poking her nose.

"Oh? What's he do?"

"He's a musician and he tours around the country with his band." I sighed. "We're going to see him."

"That's good." she smiled, turning her eyes to a newspaper in front of her. Finally it was quiet.

"Ma'am?" I felt a tap on my shoulder. I opened my eyes, looking up at the stewardess that was creepily smiling at me. "We're almost to our destination."

"Okay, thank you." I tiredly mumbled, looking down at the sleeping child in my arms. I was cherishing this moment that she's attached to me, knowing that once Alex was back around, I had competition.

The plane descended from the sky and it was announced we were landed in Dallas, Texas. I grabbed the backpack under my feet and slung it around my shoulder, walking towards the exit of the plane. Dallas was extremely hotter than I could remember. I started to sweat as I walked to the airport waiting area.

I felt relieved whenever I got to the end of the long hallway. I saw Alex standing in the corner with Jack, looking sexier than ever. He wore a blue plaid shirt with skinny jeans and converses, with his hair now shorter and dark brown. It all suit him so well.

I walked closer to him, my heels clicking on the floor as I walked faster. "Baby!" he said excitedly, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. His lips crashed into mine quickly and I pulled away, examining Madalynn's reactions. She stared at him with her identical brown eyes. She was confused for a moment. She reached for him and he happily took her, kissing her forehead numerous times. "Hi baby girl." he laughed at the smile she gave him.

"Ah, family reunion!" Jack shook his head from the corner. I forgot he existed.

"Shut up Jack." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Good to see you too Haley. Hey Madi!" he smiled, poking her. She grunted, hiding her face in Alex's shirt.

"I don't think she likes you Jack." he chuckled. "It's okay, babe, no one likes Jack anyway. Don't feel bad."

"Fuck you Alex."

"Whoa buddy, I've been over this with you already. I'm not interested!"

"You're such a asshole."

"So I've been told." Alex retaliated, putting his arm around me. "So I've missed you baby." he smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead. Madalynn sighed and rested her head on his collarbone and shut her eyes, attempting to nap.

"Daddy's soft, isn't he?" I giggled. "And I've missed you too."

"So fluffy, you could die!"

"You're seriously going to steal a line from a movie, Alex? That isn't cool bro. Unoriginal faggot." Jack laughed.

"Shut your face, Jack." he snorted.

"Can we go now?" I whined. "I'm a little exhausted from that plane ride."

"It was just a seven hour flight, Jesus babe." Alex smirked, leading me towards the baggage claim. "Jack's our bitch."

"Why am I the bitch?" Jack frowned.

"Because I have a precious child in my hands and Haley is a girl, and you're always a gentleman to a girl."

"Oh shut up you British bastard."

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Alex, shut up. You're in a airport for Christ's sake!" I slapped his arm.

"Fuck, I'm sorry" he laughed.

"All because I'm Lebanese." Jack shook his head.

"Jack, shut up and get the luggage." I ordered, pointing towards my bag and Madi's car seat on the carousel. He retrieved it and came back, waiting for us to follow him to the door.

Once we got everything in the car, we were on our way to wherever they were staying. Alex got in the backseat with Madalynn and I, leaving Jack to drive. I was terrified. I let my fear subside and curled into Alex's side, resting my head on his chest. I looked up at him and kissed his cheek before I fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up in Alex's bunk, wrapped up in blankets that smelled a lot like him. God how I've missed that scent. I yawned and looked at my phone that was in my pocket, seeing it was a little after eight PM. I groaned and kicked off the blankets, rolling out of the tall bunk. It was dead silent in the bus, which gave me a uneasy feeling until I heard a coo come from the back lounge, followed by a giggle from my daughter and laughter of grown men.

I slowly walked back there, finding Alex, Zack, Brooklyn, Madalynn, and Matt. Zack and Brooke were cuddled up next to each other, watching Alex play with Madalynn. I slowly entered the room, hoping no one would notice me. "Well look who's up." Alex smiled, patting the space next to him. Without a word, I took a seat, staring blankly into his eyes for a moment.

"Hi."

"Hello, love." he bent down, lightly kissing me.

"Ugh, don't start with your lovey dovey shit." Matt scoffed.

"Shut up Matt, they're cute!" Brooklyn argued, rolling her eyes.

"How is that cute?"

"Because they're a family."

"Hey Haley?" Alex whispered in my ear. "You wanna go somewhere?"

I nodded in response and stood up, walking towards the door. I didn't know where we were going, but I didn't really care. I put my high heeled boots back on and turned around, being startled by Alex pulling me into his arms. "Where are we going?"

"We're going on a long, romantic walk to the store for baby formula, condoms, and food." he smirked, lacing his fingers through mine. "Brooklyn is watching Madi for us while we have some much needed time together." he said, tugging me to the bus door.

"Oh, okay." I said as we stepped out into the hot Dallas heat. "Ugh, it's so hot."

"Tell me about it." he laughed, leading me to a exit. "I hope you didn't want to see us play. You slept through it."

"I was out of it." I rolled my eyes. "I was exhausted. I only had about two hours of sleep, then sleeping on the plane is uncomfortable. When I found a soft place, I passed out."

"Shit, I noticed."

"Shut up, Alexander." I shook my head.

"You shut up, Haley." he smiled, kissing my forehead. "I've been meaning to ask you. What happened to your gorgeous face? You have a bruise on your cheek."

"Nothing."

"Haley." he stopped, stepping in front of me. I shot my eyes down to my feet to avoid eye contact with him. "Baby, don't be afraid to tell me."

"I got hit." I grumbled.

"Who the fuck hit you?!" he asked. His voice turning from calm to rough.

"No one."

"Baby plea-"

"Bella, okay?" I cut him off, finally looking up into his eyes.

He took a deep breath and calmed himself. "Why?"

"Because I insulted her. She showed up this morning as I was leaving. She started with questions. Where I was going, why she didn't know about Madalynn? Why? Because that's what happens when you run off to Vegas, cutting off all ties to everyone. It's sorta consequences, don't you think?"

"Yes." he agreed, pulling me back into motion. "I'm sorry babe."

"Eh, it's whatever." I shook my head. "I'm fucking over it."

"Just don't even let it bother you."

"I'm not."

"Good." he stopped me again, leaning down to kiss me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled, standing on my tip toes to kiss him again. We picked up pace and walked to the store, that wasn't far like he had said it was. I searched for baby formula while he looked for something else. I think he took my seducing joke a little too serious.

He paid for whatever the hell he bought and the baby formula for Madi. We got strange looks from the cashier. He knew that condoms and baby formula weren't a good mix. I internally laughed as I grabbed the sack from the counter, dragging my easily seduced husband along with me.

"Well that was interesting." he laughed, putting his arm around me.

"Can we walk back to the bus without you getting stabbed?" I shuttered, looking around the dark street. It brought back sick memories of last July.

"I think we can."

"Good, because this street kinda scares me."

"I can protect us." he shook his head. "I'd rather it be I the one being shot or stabbed instead of you, love."

My heart melted. He was just so caring. I felt like I was falling in love all over again. I stopped him for a kiss. It was hot and heavy and lasted for several minutes. "Sorry." I blushed, pulling away from him.

"Don't be." he wrapped his arms around me tightly, pulling me closer to him. Our lips rammed into each other, which turned into another long heated kiss. "Are you up for some jogging back to the bus?" he smirked, looking down. "Little Gaskarth's excited."

"What?" I asked, confused. "Oh! Alex!" I giggled as I nodded. I grabbed his hand and broke into a sprint all the way back to the bus. After trying to catch my breath, I was pushed up against the back of their bus, being smothered in loving kisses. "Alex,"

"Baby." he mocked, pulling away to smirk at me.

"I have a surprise for you." I smiled, walking towards the bus door.

"Oh?" he asked, curiosity in his voice. "What's that?"

"You'll see." I smiled. "While I change, make a couple bottles for Madi, okay?" I commanded, pulling open the door. I walked in, seeing Jack holding Madalynn, watching Home Alone on the TV. My child better not become obsessed, or he was getting beat.

I flashed Alex a smile before I disappeared to the back where my suitcase was. I searched through it, pulling things out so I could find that certain thing I was looking for. After pulling out almost all of Madi's clothes, I found it. A short, black nightgown with a matching black silk robe. I had this for a while, but it never fit my figure right before I had Madalynn. Now I filled it out well, and I knew it would excite Alex.

I changed in the small bathroom, and walked out, quickly walking to Alex's bunk. I crawled in and pulled the curtain shut. I waited for him, listening to the silence. Then I picked up everyone's conversation in the front lounge.

"So, did you figure out how Haley got that bruise?" I heard Jack's voice first.

"Her sister hit her this morning." Alex replied. I heard a loud bang, then Alex cursing. "Fuck me."

"You're such a douche bag, Alex." Jack chuckled. "But didn't you fuck 'Dear Maria' along time ago?"

My heart dropped. I was now even more interested in their conversation. "No you dickhole." Oh thank God.. "She hand-fucked me along time ago. It was before Haley and I were a thing." he sighed. "Do you love bringing unpleasant things up for me, or something? And it was fucking sickening the way it happened. Got me hammered and led me in, tugged at it, then threatened me for information."

I couldn't believe a word coming out of Alex's mouth. The sweetest guy I know, breaking my heart without knowing he was doing it. I needed to know the truth. I put on a fake smile and stepped out of the bunk, walking to the front lounge. He stood there with his mouth open wide by my choice of clothing that I was now regretting wearing. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the door. When we were out, the tear barrier broke, sending a stream of tears down my face.

"Alex, I don't understand-" I choked.

"You heard that, didn't you.." he softly said. "Baby, I'm sorry."

"No, it's not okay Alex. Why did you never tell me?"

"Because I was afraid."

"Afraid of what?" I semi-yelled.

"Losing you." he answered, looking down at his feet.

"Why Alex?"

"I don't know. I'm just really sorry."

"I don't think sorry can cut this situation Alex-"

"I was afraid to tell you because I thought I'd lose you." he cut me off, moving to put his arms around me.

"Please don't touch me." I stepped away from him. "I wouldn't of cared if we weren't together then. But also, why'd you sell me out?"

"What was I supposed to do when a girl half my size has my dick wrapped in a death grip? I was scared for my life, Haley." he shook his head.

"I can't do this." I said quietly, wiping the tears off of my face. Then I pulled a dumbass move. I slid the diamond ring off of my ring finger and placed it in the palm of his hand.

"Haley? What? No!"

"I'm sorry Alex." I replied, walking to the bus. I knew I couldn't stay. I ran into the back where my things were and dressed back into the clothes I was wearing before. I shook as I pulled my bag into the front lounge where Jack was sitting with Madalynn in his lap. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes, stabbing another knife through my heart. More tears fell from my eyes as I reached for her, placing a series of kisses on her head. "I love you Madi." I sobbed, hugging my child. I handed her back to Jack. I was about to leave her with Alex only because I thought he deserved her. Even after what he did that I didn't know.

"Haley-" Jack said, looking at me. "Please, don't."

"Jack, I need to. I'm sorry." I sighed, pulling my bag towards the door. I pushed the door open, now afraid to face the wrath of Alex. In the darkness, I saw him setting against the bus. He was shaking and sniffling, which scared me even more. Without a word to him, I started to walk.

"Haley." I heard his voice sharply say. "I love you. Know that, okay?"

"Okay." I said, turning back around. I knew I probably just shredded him into pieces. I walked quickly to the exit of the fairgrounds that the Warped Tour was held on. I then felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out, seeing a incoming call from Brooklyn. I hit the answer button, hearing screaming on the other side. Drama in the All Time Low household.. "Hello?" I stuttered.

"Haley, please come back and get Alex under control! He's about to kill Jack!" she worriedly said into the phone. "I'm begging you. Please."

I groaned. The last thing I wanted was to go back to that. "I'm coming back." I sighed, hanging up. I ran back to the bus with my luggage in tow behind me. I stepped on the bus, seeing the scenario. Rian, Zack, Brooklyn, and Matt were trying to contain the raging Alex.

"Jack, this is all your fucking fault! She left me!" he barked at Jack, who was standing in fear.

"Alex stop." I softly said. He ignored me and tried to break away from their hold. "Alex, stop!"

"No!" he shouted, now scaring me.

"Alexander William Gaskarth!" I screamed out, watching him freeze. I grabbed a hold of him. "Outside, now." I pulled him by the shirt to the door, with Rian and Zack's help.

Once we were out, he ended up against the bus again. "Fuck!" he shouted, ramming his fist into the side of it.

"Alex." I whispered, walking closer to him. I tightly wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his chest. "Please calm down."

"It's hard to calm down when you have a broken heart. What am I supposed to do, Haley?" he asked, his voice breaking.

"I don't know, Alex. We'll figure something out." I sighed. "Will you please take me to the airport?"

"Why?! Don't leave!" he yelled, becoming uneasy again.

"Alex, I have to. I can't stay and pretend everything's fine right now. I need time to get over this, then we can talk about it." I choked, trying to hold back more tears.

"Okay." he sighed. I held onto him, with my head placed firmly on his chest so I could hear what was going on inside. His heart was racing and I could tell he really was nervous. I didn't want to let go of him when he let go of me, but I did end up holding on.

"I don't wanna let go." I cried.

"Then don't." he took a deep breathe, leaning his head against mine.

"Alex, I love you."

"Mhm." he replied, causing the tears to fall again. "Quit crying. I hate to see you cry. It breaks my heart, please Haley."

"I can't Alex!" I raised my voice. "It's breaking my heart."

"Mine too baby.." he quietly said. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." I nodded, unwinding my arms from around his waist. He took my bag and started the way to their rental care. I shamefully followed him, trying to wipe my tears away.

When we were in the car, it was dead silent. I silently cried more because the tension was too much for me to handle. "So, how long is this going to last?" he asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Long enough for me to get over this. It won't like long, I promise."

"Are you going back to Baltimore?"

"No, I'm going to New York City to stay with my mom." I sighed. I wish this wasn't so tough.

"Oh.." he took a deep breath. "And I'm in charge of Madi?"

"Yes. I can't take her from you Alex. You deserve her. Take good care of her please."

"I will." he huffed. "Why can't I win and get you and her both?" he wondered out loud, sighing deeply in frustration.

"I'm not gone for good, Alex! I'm yours forever!" I yelled, bursting into tears. "I love you! I love you, I love you, I love you! That's why I'm fucking doing this! I'm leaving to fix this problem and not let it get worse because I care so much about you, Alex."

"I love you too, but I don't want you to fucking leave me like this!" he sighed, pulling along the curb in front of the airport. "Please, just- just don't."

"We're going to get this fixed. I promise. I'll be back." I faintly smiled. I leaned over and kissed his cheek before getting out to retrieve my baggage. He got out too, bringing me into a tight hug.

"If you're mine forever, please wear this." he grabbed my hand, sliding the diamond ring back onto my finger where it's been for a year. I looked down at it, shedding another tear. "Love, please. Stop crying." I ignored him and latched myself onto him. I wanted him to kiss me so terribly, but I was scared to ask. My needs were answered. He locked his lips with mine one last final time before I left. "I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered, turning to the airport door.

And like a total idiot I am, I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well.. This was a big bummer to right. I started crying my eyes out while writing this. I couldn't help it lol. But don't fret, it's all temporary.
Comment & Subscribe.