‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Forgiveness

"Did you and Alex ever talk?" Brooklyn questioned me as I removed the curling iron from my hair. I was back at her and Zack's apartment, dolling myself up before going out with Alex. I had to borrow her hair curler and some makeup, and Alex was borrowing their shower. He showered behind us, singing 'All The Small Things' by Blink-182 at the top of his lungs. "Alex, shut up!"

"No!" he stopped singing to reply, then continued with the verse.

"Is this normal?"

"With Alex, yes." I smiled and shook my head. "Yeah, we did."

"When?"

"After we came back from the crowd. We sat down and talked." I shrugged. "Why didn't you want to go with us?"

"I-" she hesitated. "Haley, can you please not tell anyone?" she quietly asked, biting her lip.

"Brooke, what's wrong?" I asked her. She took a deep breath and looked towards the shower, seeing Alex standing there with a towel wrapped around his waist. I completely forgot about him for a moment. "Alex, go please."

"Okay baby." he nodded, walking out of the room.

"Okay, so what's going on?"

"I think I may be pregnant. I'm not sure exactly yet. My period is a few days late and I'm waiting for the boys' next tour to pick up next week so I can confirm or deny."

"Oh. So you're worried about that? Brooklyn, you didn't have to freak and push Alex out of this. He's been through that twice now."

"What do you mean?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Whenever Kay got pregnant, the three of us lied to Jack until she could confirm it." I sighed. "Just tell Zack."

"You weren't so straight-forward with Alex for the first three months." she rolled her eyes.

"Brooke, you know Alex and how worried he gets. I couldn't hold him back from touring." I shook my head, walking out of the room. "Alex?" I called out, walking through the apartment to find him.

"In here, love."

I walked into the living room where he was sitting and crawled into his lap, hugging onto him tightly. "I'm ready to go."

"Then we shall go." he smirked. I stood up and walked to the door, waiting for Alex to come on. He grabbed my hand and waved to Zack and Brooke, only to get a dirty look from her. He pulled the door shut behind us and led me down the steps of the building. "What's Brooke's problem?"

"I pissed her off." I shrugged.

"How?"

"I-, lets not talk about that. So what do you have planned for us since it's so late?"

"I have movies we can watch upstairs."

"Oh, okay." I smiled. "But can I take a bath first.. I smell strongly of sweat and it's not attractive."

"Yes ma'am." he laughed, pushing his door open. I got out and followed him to the front door, waiting patiently for him to open it. After fumbling the keys and dropping them a couple times, he finally got it open. I walked in, seeing the place looking as neat as it was almost two months ago.

Without hesitation, I darted to the stairs. I grabbed his hand and towed him along with me to the bathroom. "Join me?" I innocently asked him as I ran the bath water.

"There is not enough room." he shook his head.

"Please?" I batted my eyelashes at him.

He sighed in frustration and nodded. "Fine."

I smiled in satisfaction and pulled my shirt over my head, then unbuttoned the jeans and slid them down my thighs. I turned to see him hesitating with his belt buckle, having the internal debate whether to do this or not. "Alex.." I quietly said, walking over to him. I stepped up on my tip toes and kissed him passionately, stepping away to give him a small smile. He swallowed the lump in his throat and began to undress.

He got into the tub and motioned me in. I then began to hesitate as I got in. I decided to be cute and sit on his lap. "Should've brought some wine and candles if this is happening." he smirked, wrapping his arms around my body.

I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too. What made you come back?"

"I honestly didn't know your show was tonight." I giggled. "Well, until I looked it up on Myspace. And I saw a music video this morning.. It was one of yours and it killed me and I needed to come back. It was a reminder of how much I love your fucking face."

"What music video was it?"

"I-I don't know. I didn't know the song. I think it was new."

"Damned If I Do Ya?" he snickered "Yeah, we just filmed it about three weeks ago. It's a single. It's gonna be on our next album."

"When does this new album happen?" I shivered, moving closer to his body for warmth.

"Cold? I've been doing writing for it for the past few months. I've had muse so I kinda took advantage of it. I've gotten a pretty strong lead on it so far and we've done some demos. We're supposed to hit the studio in January and February."

"Oh, well that's good." I smiled, giving him a short, unexpected kiss. "By the way, I loved the video. You looked very sexy in it."

"Bitch please, I always look sexy."

"Don't flatter yourself honey."

"I love you." he laughed. "Like a lot."

"And I love you too, Alex."

"Also, there's a couple more things we need to talk about."

"Oh God.." I giggled. "What are they?"

"Well first off, when I was at my parent's earlier, I got bad news." he sighed. "I found out that Alan isn't doing so good."

"Alex, I'm so sorry." I frowned, hugging onto him.

"It's life." he shrugged. "But my grandma and mom want to have a family get together to make up for Thanksgiving. The doctors don't think he'll last that long. Are you up to going with me to my parent's again and put up with the lines of stupidity that I'm related to?"

"Madalynn and I will gladly attend." I smiled.

"Good.. we can show off our little creation to everyone."

"Okay." I nodded. "Now what's the second thing?"

"So, everybody and I mean everybody has been bitching that they want to go to Vegas in November after we get off of tour. So they've got the bright idea to road trip from Baltimore to Las Vegas and spend a little time there. What do you say?"

"I think it's a great idea. I loved Vegas. I had some of the best times of my life there."

"What? Staying in the hotel room cuddling with me?" he smirked.

"Hey.. We did sneak out of the room in the middle of the night to see the lights on The Strip."

"That's true." he nodded.

"Alright." I smiled, giving him another kiss.

"Damn you," he grumbled, coming to me for another one.

"What?"

"We're in a bath tub for fuck's sake, and you're kissing me? We are both pretty naked, babe."

"And?" I giggled, moving my lips to his neck.

"You're seducing me, that's what."

"And you don't like it, do you?"

"Oh trust me, I love it. I can't remember the last time we had sex, honestly. And I would fucking enjoy it." he smiled. "Without any cockblocks."

"So you're implying that we should?" I bit my bottom lip seductively.

"I'm not implying anything. I can show you better than I can tell you." he smirked, standing up. He pulled me up and lifted me into his arms, bridal style, carrying me to the bedroom.

I was laid gently on the bed, then kissed angrily. He kissed me everywhere possible. My jaw, my ear, my neck, my chest, then down my stomach. He stopped at my hips then progressed on down below that point. He worked his magic on me with his tongue. I moaned viciously and knotted my fingers in his hair. My toes curled in pleasure and I gripped the sheets as he kept going without letting up. My body shook as he led me to the end of that. I smiled and took a deep breath, setting up to kiss him.

I pushed him to his back and did the same to him, kissing his neck, jaw, lips, and trailed down to his lower half. I held little Gaskarth in my hand, feeling him tense up in my hold. This would be my second attempt to ever try this.. I took it in my mouth, moving my tongue around it. He wrapped his fingers in my hair and took deep breaths as I continued. "Oh babe.." he whispered, looking down at me. "Fuck! I'm going love!"

I slowed down my pace to torture him. His hands were shaking as he held my hair out of my face. I was now pretty certain I found Alex's weakness. I felt warm liquids fill my mouth that didn't taste so pleasant. I made a face of disgust and swallowed, now feeling awkward about what I've just done. He laughed, dragging me to the middle of the bed again.

He reached to the bedside table and pulled open the drawer, searching it for a key necessity. Once he found one, he slipped it on and readied himself for entry. He hovered over me and attached his lips to my neck, whispering sweet nothings into my ear, then thrusted deep into me. I let out soft moans and dug my fingernails into his back. It felt like the first time all over again, minus the piercing pain. He was gentle and hesitant. "Alex.." I moaned, getting his attention. He stared me straight into the eyes and smirked.

"Love?" he whispered, his breath tickling the skin of my neck.

"I love you!" I yelled at him.

"I love you too, baby." he said back, quickening his thrust pace. I rammed my lips into his, moaning uncontrollably into the kiss.

"Alexander!" I groaned into his neck. I felt myself slipping to the verge of a orgasm.

"I'm close." he said, biting his lip in concentration. And like he said, it happened. My body shook violently again in response and my heart pounded in my chest. He gave me one last sweet kiss before he flopped down on his side of the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his sweaty figure. "Holy fuck, that was amazing." he said, taking a deep breath.

"Mhm." I said, pressing my lips to his again. "It was the best."

"We need more intimacy like that."

"Take advantage of it."

"What?"

"Give me more." I smiled at him willingly. He smirked and did exactly that.
_________________________________________________________

I woke up in Alex's arms, my body stiff and sore. I yawned and stroked his face, attempting to wake him up. He stirred, but remained asleep. He was the cutest thing when he slept. Madalynn got that from him also. "Alex?" I whispered, shaking his shoulder.

"Mmm." he groaned. "Haley?" he said in a startled tone. He squeezed me tightly and buried his face into my neck. "Oh my God, baby I love you so much."

"Alex? Are you okay?" I giggled. "I love you too."

"I had the worst dream ever." he took a deep breath and sat up, covering his face with his hand.

"Alex, baby?" I murmured, setting up. I leaned against him and put my arms around his shoulders.

"God dammit."

"What?"

"Promise me something." he quietly said, turning to me. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he stared me straight in the eye. "Promise to never leave me again."

"I promise." I said without hesitation. I tightly hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Ow!"

"What?"

"You need to shave.." I said, rubbing my face where his stubble scratched me.

"No, sorry, I'm growing a beard." he smirked, wiping the tears off his cheeks. "I love you and your awkwardness."

"I think you're joking."

"I don't think I am." he laughed, kissing my forehead. "Ew, you stink. Go take a shower."

I jokingly frowned, and dragged myself to the edge of the bed. "What do I smell like?"

"Me."

"You saying you stink then? That's cool."

"You don't really stink, I just think it would be best that you smell like Haley and not Alex. I'd hate to have to explain why you smell like my body spray."

"But it's sexy." I winked, standing up. I drug the white sheets along with me to the bathroom.

"You know what?" he said, stopping me.

"What?"

"For just being pregnant and giving birth almost four months ago, you have a fucking smoking hot body, baby." he said, beaming.

I shook my head and continued on into the bathroom, where I pulled my hair from it's ponytail and started up the water. I stepped in and let the water run down my body, then washed and rinsed my hair.

I got out and dried my hair, straightening it with Alex's straightener, then adding makeup that I had but never used. I kept the towel around my body and walked back into the bedroom to find the bed neatly made and clothes laid out for me. I internally awed and put on the clothes Alex set out for me. Green long-sleeved crop top, black skirt, stockings, and my converses.

I happily skipped out of the room and down the stairs, finding him missing. "Alex?"

"In here." I heard him call from the kitchen. I walked in the room, finding him making coffee. "Coffee, love?"

"No thank you." I smiled.

"Are you ready to go get Madi?"

"Duh. I've missed her so much."

"I'm pretty sure she's missed you too. She cried from the moment I put her in her car seat yesterday, until I got to my parents' house. My dad had something to ease her mind." he laughed, beginning to shake his head. "Our child loves books, babe."

"She apparently has a personality like me then." I giggled. "I loved books when I was younger."

"But you hate them now, huh?"

"After high school, yes."

He laughed and grabbed my hand, leading me to the front door. "I'm going to have to teach her how to be cool."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"No." he said, helping me into his car. He shut the door and walked to get in on his side. He put the car in reverse and sped off down the road, taking us towards his parents' house. I held his hand tightly the whole way there, loving the fact I was back to my life that seemed so perfect. Pushing all the downs in my life aside, I was truly happy. I had everything I could have wanted. A loving husband who was absolutely amazing, a beautiful daughter, and a puppy. Three things I wanted far before I had ever met Alex. "What are you thinking about, love? You're quiet." he laughed, pulling me out of my daydream.

"How happy I am." I giggled. "Alex, I love you. Thank you for everything.."

"What?"

"Thank you for the life I have. Without you, I don't think I know where I'd be with the fucked up life I've had."

"Oh.. You're definitely welcome." he smiled as he pulled into his parents' driveway. "I'll race you." he said, smugly looking at me.

I nodded and jumped out, running as fast as I could to their front door, beating him. He sighed and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and pushed the front door open. He pushed me in and we walked into the living room, finding Madi and Peter looking at something.

"Morning you two." Isobel said, walking into the room from the kitchen.

"Morning Mom." Alex said, letting go of me to go kiss his mother on the cheek, then walk over to Madi. "Hi baby." he picked her up from his father's lap. "What are you two looking at? Oh my God no!"

"What?" I raised a eyebrow in curiosity, walking over to them. I looked at the book. It was Alex's baby book. "Busted, Alexander."

"Don't look at them." he narrowed his eyes, pushing me away.

"I will do as I please, thanks."

"No."

"Yes." I nodded.

"Here Haley." his father said, giving his son a smile as he handed me the book.

"Dammit Dad." Alex rolled his eyes. I took it and walked to the sofa, set down, and opened to the first page. Alex sat down next to me, looking down at the page also. His baby pictures were perhaps the cutest. Madi looked a lot like him when he was younger. That was a fact. "God dammit, I hate baby pictures."

"Shut up." I told him as I flipped through the pages.

"Don't tell me to shush."

"I just did, now seriously, shut your trap Alexander William." I smiled, spitting his middle name.

"Look! My ass!"

"What ass?"

He narrowed his eyes at me and shook his head. "I'm gonna take Madi and go be friends with Ella." he stuck his tongue at me, standing up.

"Alex, no!" I quickly said, knowing Bella was still over there. "Please, sit back down."

He gave me a funny look at sat back down, hugging Madi, then kissed her rosy cheek. "You kinda need to go see her. When was the last time you saw her, babe?"

"August." I replied hastily.

"You should see her." he smiled. "But speaking of my ass, we're shooting a DVD soon!"

"Over what?" his dad asked him.

"Tour life. The band's history. Stuff like that."

"The type of things that make your mother proud?" Isobel laughed and shook her head.

"Probably not, Mom." he gave her a smile. "I can say that, but it'd be sarcasm."

"That's lovely." she shook her head. "I may not want to see some of the things you boys do. You boys worried me as teenagers."

"We're not that bad."

"Sure you're not." his father laughed.

"I'm pretty certain you still need to be watched over, Alexander."

"Mother, I'm almost twenty years old. I'm not a baby anymore." he shook his head. "And since I have a child of my own, I've matured."

"Really? I don't see it." I giggled, shutting the book. "And you were a cute baby. What happened to you now?"

"Ha ha ha." he sarcastically laughed. He then sneezed, which made Madalynn giggle loudly.

"Aw!" Isobel smiled. "She's such a doll. Is there going to be anymore grandchildren from you two?"

"Eventually!" Alex said with wide eyes and a smirk on his face. "Maybe after Madi's a little bit older."

"Yeah, no kiddies for us for a while." I agreed, leaning on him.

"You ready to go, babe?"

I shrugged. We had no where better to be. "I don't care."

"We can go see how Kaylyn's doing." he put his arm around me. I nodded and stood up, taking Madalynn from him. I waved goodbye to his parents and walked out to Alex's car. I put Madi into her car seat and strapped her in carefully. I felt a tap on my shoulder that was too rough to be Alex's. I turned on my heel, seeing a face I didn't want to see and her sidekick.

"What do you want?" I snapped, slamming the car door, walking away to get in the passengers side.

They followed me, sadly. "Are you going to ever quit being a bitch and talk to me?"

"Why? I have nothing to say to you Bella." I rolled my eyes. Hurry the fuck up Alex..

"Haley, she's your sister! You shouldn't shut her out." Catastrophe said, adding her input to the situation.

"Cat, I really don't give a fuck."

"You're such a bitch Haley."

"How many times have I heard that one?" I snorted.

"Why can't we work out our differences for, Haley?" Bella bit her lip, looking at me with pleading eyes. I knew she was serious about this. "Why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you, Bella." I shook my head. "I'm just really pissed off at you. I get married, I go on my honeymoon, I come back to be told that you left town without any note. Then the next minute Dad dies right in front of me! I had no family of my own. I felt alone for a while and it got pretty sickening. Ella doesn't talk to me. I have no relationship with Soph and Lia, my own little sisters, and I don't have my older one who basically raised me." I said, letting it all pour out.

"Hails, I want you to know that I left on purpose. The day of your wedding, I found out about Dad's problem. I couldn't take it. I got a job transfer and went to Vegas. I couldn't handle it Haley! It was too tough to take. I knew it was a mistake to leave you alone through that time, but I am sorry. I really didn't intend on hurting you. I just thought it wouldn't bother you since I've already dug my grave.."

"What are you getting at?"

"Since I made fun of your friend.. I'm sorry for that. I felt so terrible for that, I tried to apologize to Kaylee. She told me to fuck off at your wedding." she sighed. "I tried to take care of that so maybe you and I could fix things. Then I found out about Dad, and I couldn't take it."

"Oh." I sighed. "Bella, I'm sorry."

"It's actually my fault."

"I also recommend you meet Mom.. She's awesome." I giggled, opening my arms to hug her.

"I know. I met her yesterday." she laughed. "She came to Baltimore. Did you see her?"

"I saw her yesterday morning. Weird."

"Also there's more you should know. Dad wasn't you-" she started, stopping her words at the sight of Alex.

"I didn't mean to interrupt a love-fest." he laughed nervously, getting into the car.

"I have to go." I said, waving to them. I threw my legs inside the car and shut the door. They took off walking back to Ella and my dad's old house. I turned to Alex, seeing he was giving me a angered expression. "Are you going to bitch at me too?"

"No, I'm just confused with your motives." he shook his head, starting the car up.

"Alex, I patched things up with her. Everything's not completely okay, but we're trying."

"Okay." he nodded.

I sighed and leaned my head against the window. I knew what he was getting at. How could I get upset and leave him for a month and a half because of her, then feel bad and forgive her just like that? I give up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp, here it is! Forgiveness, aye?
Comment & Subscribe.