‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Without You, I'm Nothing

We pulled into Jack and Kay's driveway, seeing that they were home. "Baby, I'm sorry for being a asshole about everything that just happened." Alex said, touching my arm.

"It's okay." I shrugged, pushing the door open. I didn't care. I was just focused on knowing if Kay was okay or not. I got Madalynn out of her car seat and followed him to their front door.

He turned the knob, opening the door without knocking like he usually would, not expecting a scene behind it. Kay was sitting on the sofa, wrapped up in a blanket, sobbing, with Jack sitting next to her trying his best to calm her down. "Oh shit. Is this a bad time?" Alex asked, awkwardly standing there scratching the back of his head. Kay stared daggers into him, then stood up, running to their bedroom.

"Kay, baby!" Jack called after her, standing up.

"Jack, let me talk to her?" I said, handing Madi to Alex. She grunted and sighed, resting her head on her daddy's chest. I took off down the hall, finding their bedroom. "Kay?" I knocked lightly on the door before I opened it.

She sat on the bed, crying into her blanket. "What?!" she snapped.

"What's wrong, hun?" I asked her, setting down.

"Haley, it was so tragic."

"The car accident?"

"Mhm." she sniffled. "I was- I was- I, I, I was pregnant." she stammered, sobbing even more now.

"What?" I asked with wide eyes. "Kay, I'm so sorry!"

"You don't understand!"

"Yes I do. Alex and I have been in this position before too, Kay." I shook my head.

"Well neither of you knew about your pregnancy. It's fucking way worse knowing." she hissed, glaring at me with her angry blue eyes.

"I know it's upsetting but things will improve in time. Just tell Jack and he'll help ease the pain the best he can. That's what Alex and I did. Just stay strong for each other, Kay."

"I can't tell him, Haley. He'll be fucking devastated."

"It'd be for the best." I said sincerely.

"You apparently don't get it. I can't fucking do it Haley!" she semi-yelled at me.

I sighed in frustration. I wasn't getting through with her and I was at the point of giving up. "Okay Kay, don't do it then." I bit my lip. All my emotions built up together now. "Keep it locked up inside. It'll hurt. I was just trying to help you, but to hell with it. Everything I do for anyone isn't good enough." I threw my hands up. I stood up and walked to the door, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Haley wait!"

I shook my head and pulled the door open, finding Alex and Jack outside the door, apparently eavesdropping. My eyes dashed back and forth between them. Alex held a expression on sincerity, but Jack on the other hand, looked shocked. I walked out and wrapped my arms tightly around Alex, pushing against him with all my might, hoping he would pull me away from all this. Kay got up from the bed and slammed the door shut, making my ears hurt with the force of the sound. Jack stood there with a blank expression, not know what to do. I grabbed Alex's hands and tugged on them. "Please." I whispered, afraid to talk.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded, following me back to their living room where Madalynn was now sleeping soundly on their sofa. I carefully picked her up and held my arms tightly around her as I exited their house with Alex close behind me. I strapped Madi into her car seat and got into the car, setting in the awkward silence with him. "What happened in there?" he asked, pulling up the seat divider, patting the middle space for me to sit in.

I sighed and scooted over, buckling myself as he zoomed down the road. He put a arm around me and kept his other hand on the steering wheel. I lost it. I began to cry silently and buried my face into his shirt so he couldn't see it. "You know what happened." I managed to answer him.

"Baby, I'm sorry." he said. I sniffled and stayed silent the rest of the way home. I didn't understand myself. Why I was getting so worked up over Kay declining my advice. But it did hurt. I do feel like I'm not enough. I sometimes still question myself if I'm enough for Alex. I did know her pain though.

We got home and went straight into the house. Alex put Madalynn in her crib for her nap and I sat in the bedroom, looking around the room. He joined me and wrapped his arms tightly around me, pulling me back on the bed. He kissed me repeatedly on the cheek, smiling mischievously at me. "Stop it." I let out a giggle, pulling myself away from him. He followed me and crawled on top of me, kissing me more. "Alex get off of me!"

"No." he laughed, running his hands down my sides. He found where I was ticklish and poked me, making me squirm.

"Alex stop it!" I laughed uncontrollably.

"I will when you talk to me!"

"I am talking to you, you idiot."

"Ouch, I'm not a idiot." he shook his head, crawling off of me. He flopped onto his back and took a deep breath.

I crawled to his side and rested my head on his chest. "What do you wanna know?"

"What happened today. I'm sorta confused."

"Lets get a play by play?" I said sarcastically. "We woke up. I took a shower. You got dressed and made coffee. We went to your parents' house. We looked at your baby book. Bella and I fixed things. We go to see Jack and Kay. Kay was pregnant. I tried to help. But nothing I do anymore is good for anyone."

"I hate when you're sarcastic." he pursed his lips. "And why do you say that? Everything you do for me is good."

"Not all the time."

"Haley Noel Maddox Gaskarth, you listen to me right now. I love you, okay? I don't know how many times I'll say this in my lifetime, but without you, I'm nothing. I need you to live." he sighed. "Baby, if I didn't have you around with me when Tom died, I probably wouldn't be here right now. The day I found out he died, I just felt so terrible. I was actually contemplating on killing myself. But before I could do anything stupid, you walked into my bedroom and found me before things could get out of hand. A look of your pretty little face changed it all. I couldn't leave you because I knew you needed me. My band needed me. Then you had sex with me and that just totally dropped the thought. I'm alive because of you baby. You are the good in me."

My jaw dropped in shock. I didn't know what to say. I saved someone from something so serious without even knowing it. My hands shook as I cupped his face with my hands. "Alex, I love you. I had no idea that I was that important to you."

"You've been important to me since the day I met you. But I knew then, I loved you. So that's why I put a ring on your finger. I know we weren't together that long, but I knew.. I knew we would make it far together. I had that feeling in my gut and my heart. And look where we are now, love. We've been married a year, been together for almost two, we have a beautiful three month old baby girl. It's perfect."

"Oh Alex," I smiled sheepishly and blushed. "I love you so much."

"I love you with all that I am." he smirked, setting up. He put his arms around me and gave me a tight hug with no signs of ever letting go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my. Well.. :) Here's another update with more truth. Get ready for more to unravel.
Comment & Subscribe.