‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

I May Be Ridiculous

"Get dolled up, love." Alex told me, flashing me a sweet grin.

"Where the hell are we going anyway?"

"To party."

"Alex! We're leaving tomorrow! What the hell? And what about Madi? Since you caved to your parents' begs to watch her for the next three weeks.." I groaned, twisting my fingers in my hair.

"It was annoying, love." he sighed in frustration. "And we don't leave until tomorrow evening."

"Oh my God."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, okay." I rolled my eyes. "What exactly are we doing so I can dress to your expectations."

"Love," he shook his head. "trust me on this, please?"

"I am. Would you just answer my freaking question?"

"Okay, how long does it take for the after-PMS to go away?"

"Alex." I snapped.

"Sorry." he sighed. "Wow me."

"What?"

"Dress as if you were going to party." he gave me a smile and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my jaw and neck, making me giggle. Damn, he made it hard to stay mad. "I love you."

"I love you too, Alex." I blushed. I turned my head around to kiss his lips, but instead I got scratched by the dark stubble on his face. "I wish you would shave."

"I have a magnum PI mustache that I've been growing for weeks and I look disgusting. Yea!" he laughed. "Get ready, I'm gonna go drop Madi off at my parents'. I'll be back later."

"Okay." I said, giving him a short kiss before he left. "Well, I better get ready." I said to myself, walking to the closet to search for something to wear. I eyed my dresses and found one that would be perfect for the occasion, and I'm pretty certain Alex would like. It was plain, short, and red. I put it on and a pair of black heels and turned around in front of the mirror, admiring the way my body looked.

I then did my hair and makeup, tying my look together. I liked it. I walked out of the bathroom and slammed into someone. I stepped back, finding Alex back into the house. "Oh hello to you too." he smirked.

"Oh. I never heard you come in." I blankly stared at him.

"It's the stealthiness babe." he laughed, wrapping his arms around me. "I like this dress." he pulled me close so our bodies were touching, running his hands down my back to my butt. "A lot."

"Keep your hands to yourself, Alexander." I giggled.

"I will not."

"Quit." I pushed him away. "Save it for later."

"Don't make me wait." he whined.

I smiled at him and stood on my tip toes to kiss him. "Later."

"Fine." he gave me his puppy dog face. "Are you ready to go party?"

"I think I am." I nodded, looking at what he was wearing. He wore a white shirt with some saying on it that was covered by a purple and white scarf, with his usual skinny jeans and converses. "You look nice yourself, Gaskank."

"Thank you, love. Now lets go!" he said, pulling on my hands. I let him drag me out to his car.

"Where is this party anyway?" I ask, bucking my seat belt as he backed out of the driveway.

"The dark side of the beach."

"Really?"

"Yep. Jack felt we don't party enough now that we're parents, so that's what's going on here." he laughed.

"Can you promise me something?" I smiled.

"What's that, love?"

"Promise me we won't do anything stupid." I bit my lip, watching him nod his head.

"No drinking and driving. Gotcha." he smiled at me, causing my heart to flutter. Doing all this made me feel like we were in high school again. The way he made me feel, the rules, the beach. Once we were there, flashbacks occurred. The first time I got drunk and did something completely stupid.

When we got there, we got out of his car and strolled down the beach to where there was massive crowds of people towards the shoreline. We found Zack, Brooklyn, Rian, and his girlfriend Cassadee hanging in a circle. "What's up you motherfuckers?!" Alex asked, giving them all hugs.

"Oh the Gaskarths showed!" Rian laughed. "Hey guys."

"Hey Ri." I smiled.

"Usually we're the last ones here. What the hell?" Alex smirked. "Where's Jack and little blue?"

"Little blue?" Zack raised an eyebrow.

"Found them!" Cassadee piped with her soft voice and pointed in their direction. They approached and Jack high fived the guys and Kay hugged us girls. Kay pulled away and focused all her attention on Alex, studying his appearance. I have her a short glare and looked at my husband, who was completely oblivious to her checking him out. He wasn't oblivious to me staring. He smiled down on me. I pulled a bitch move and kissed him, but I didn't care.

"Hey Jack?" Kay spoke.

"Yeah?" he answered, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Could you guys go get the girls and I drinks?"

"Sure!" he nodded. "Move your asses guys."

"Shall I get Vodka and a chaser, love?" Alex mumbled in my ear. I nodded and shivered, feeling him kiss my neck before he walked away.

"You guys ready to get drunk as fuck?" Brooke whooped.

"Hell yea!" Kay grinned.

"Laying down on the alcohol." I giggled.

"Oh?" Brooke smirked at me, giving me a daring look.

"What?"

"I have a feeling you and Alex will be drunk by the end of the night." she laughed.

"I think so too." Kay giggled.

"Sure, keep thinking that." I rolled my eyes.

"Keep thinking what?" Alex returned, handing me a drink.

"They think we'll end up drunk."

"Probably." he laughed, kissing my neck.

I took a deep breath and bit my lip, trying my best to hold back a moan. "Alex quit." I giggled. He smirked and did it again. "Stop it."

"Okay guys, if you're gonna fuck, go to your car Alex." Jack laughed. "And use protection."

"As much as I hate it, I play it safe on my side." Alex snickered, wrapping his arms around my tiny frame.

"No more kiddos for you?" Rian asked.

"In the future. I'd like my first baby to grow up a little."

"Madi is adorable," Cass added. "but when it comes down to it, do you all want a boy or a girl?"

"Having a son would be cool, but I'm perfectly fine with another baby girl." he answered. "When is everybody else going to get married and have babies? I was surprised that Jack beat me to it."

"Because you take your sweet ass time, Alex." Jack snickered. "I lay it out straight."

"Whatever asshole."

"Well, I'm ready to party." I said, taking a drink, hoping to shut the two up.

"I agree." Alex nodded.

We stood in our circle and drank. We all were completely buzzed. Everything was great until Dylan, Kaylyn's brother, showed and brought his new girlfriend with him. Strangely enough, it was Jenna. She seemed to be getting over Lucas' death fairly well.

"Hey, Dee! How's mum?" Kay asked, pulling him into a hug.

"She's good, she's good." he hugged back, "How are the twins?"

"They're good. They said their first words the other day!" she grinned.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing!" he smiled, pulling away.

"Hi guys." Jenna greeted us. "Haley, it's been forever!"

"You two know each other?" Dylan looked between her and I.

"Yeah, we were best friends our Junior year before I fucked up and did something really stupid."

"What'd you do?"

"Lets not talk about it right now, babe." she stared down at her feet.

I heard Alex snicker. I elbowed him in the side and glared up at him. "Sorry, damn."

"You're still not off the hook for what you did earlier." I grumbled, shaking my head.

"Ooh, drama in the Gaskarth household!" Jack laughed. "Guys, remember in high school when I used to pick on Haley?"

"You still do cocksucker.."

"I forever will Hails." he smiled, throwing his hand on my head and gave me a noogie. My hair was now a mess thanks to him.

I glared up at Alex, telling him with my expression to do something with his best friend before he got injured. "Jack, that wasn't cool."

"It's just hair."

"Females like to look neat and not wear a messy hairstyle like we do, you idiot."

"Just don't fucking touch me, Jack. I'll cut your hands off so you can't touch anything anymore." I glared at him.

"Alex, why is your wife so violent?"

"She's not unless you fuck with her." he rolled his eyes. "Are you cold, love? Do you want my coat?"

"N-" I started, seeing him bite his lip with his eyes screaming for me to say yes. "Yes."

"It's in my car, lets go get it." he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the parking lot. "I needed a break." he laughed and squeezed my hand once we were away from the group.

"Break from what?"

"Jack, I love the boy to death but I don't like him bothering my wife. I don't harass his girl." he shook his head. "If you need to hit him, go for it. I'm not stopping you."

"My luck, he'll swing back." I giggled.

"Then I will fucking kick his ass and he knows it. He knows I don't fuck around when it comes to you being upset or hurt."

I stopped and turned to him, looking up at his face. "Alex, you're ridiculous. I don't want you bent out of shape over me."

"Well I may be ridiculous, but a happy Haley makes a happy Alex."

"You're cute." I smiled, standing on my tip toes to kiss him. "Alexander William Gaskarth, I love you."

"Haley Noel Gaskarth, I love you too." he laughed, kissing my nose.

"Ugh, give me your coat. It's cold now." I shivered, pressing myself to his chest. He laughed and put his arm around my shoulder, leading me to his car. While he searched for it, I looked around the scene. I noticed dark heavy clouds above us. "Hey Alex, was it supposed to rain tonight?"

"Not that I was aware of." he turned, handing me his coat. I took it from him and started to put it on. I then felt raindrops falling on my shoulder.

"Shit!" I giggled, pushing him into the car. I slid into the middle next to him, hearing the rain pick up on the roof of his car.

"People just don't even give a fuck it's raining." he laughed as we watched the unfazed people at the party. I giggled and snuggled into his side.

"Why are you so warm?"

"I carry all my head in my muscles while you carry yours in your stomach. Didn't you pay attention in biology, baby?"

"No, I was always distracted." I smiled.

"By what?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You." I giggled, kissing his cheek. "I always thought about us getting married and having children."

"Hey! How weird! Look where we are now."

"Alex, can I ask you something?"

"Anything baby."

"Why'd you marry me so soon?" I bit my lip, looking at him curiously.

"Because I was in love with you. I knew you were the one so I put the ring on your finger and settled down with you." he smiled, running his lips into mine. The kiss lasted awhile. I knotted my fingers in his hair and moved my lips to his neck, finding his sensitive spot. I pulled his scarf off and threw it in the floorboard, flashing him a smile.

He pulled me into his lap and kissed my fiercely, pushing his coat off my arms. He bit his lip in concentration as he searched for the zipper on the back of my dress. "Where the fuck is it?"

I shook my head and aided him in his search. "There you big baby."

He ignored me and kissed my neck, causing small moans to escape my throat. I grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head, staring down at the abs on his stomach. "Baby, are you sure you want to do this?" he mumbled against my neck.

"Mhm." I nodded, shrugging out of that short red dress. I kicked off my heels and directed my attention to his belt buckle.

I fiddled with it and finally got it undone. I was one step closer to getting to what we both wanted. He slid the tight black jeans off and pulled me back on top of his almost bare body. I kissed him angrily as he unhooked my bra and stroked my back. I pulled on the band of his grey boxers, letting him know I was ready to go. He searched the floor for his jeans, then his back pocket for a condom. He ripped the package open with his teeth, took off his boxers, and applied it. He nodded to me, telling me it was okay to start. I slid my underwear off my hips and got on.

I thrusted my tiny hips around, enough to make him groan in pleasure. He held my body tightly against his and kissed my neck. My breathing became heavy and the air got hot. "Haley, love, go faster." he panted.

I did what I was told and thrusted quicker, moaning in pleasure. "Alex." I felt closer. Five minutes didn't seem long enough to me.

"Baby, I'm close." he notified me. I slowed my pace to torture him. He groaned loudly and bit his lip. "Haley," he said, his voice breaking. "baby, quit fucking around and fuck me!" he whined, making me giggle.

He didn't like it too well. He took a deep breath and pushed me off of him. He pinned me underneath him and pushed back inside me, kissing and biting my neck. "Alexander." I whispered. "Oh, Alexander!" I screamed now. A concentrated smirk appeared on his face as he pushed deep inside, setting off the works. He laid on top of me for a second, trying to catch his breath.

"Car sex is interesting." he laughed, kissing my jaw.

"Car sex is tiring!"

"Already tired?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Sex wears me out."

"Now you know how I feel afterwards too." he shook his head.

"Oh shut up."

"No." he smirked and kissed my head. "We've been gone for thirty minutes. I have an excuse where we were too."

"And where was that?" I took a deep breath, breathing in the sweet scent of his body.

"Down the hill over there."

"What's down the hill?"

"Nothing, just trees. We went on an adventure because I had to pee?" he laughed, gently pushing himself off of me. "Now we try to get dressed."

"Woo." I sarcastically said and rolled my eyes. I grabbed my bra and put it back on, then searched for my underwear. "Alex, where is my underwear?"

"I don't know what you did with them, love." he snickered and tried to put his leg through a the leg hole of his jeans. "You took them off, not me."

"God dammit. I don't know where they went!" I sighed.

"I guess you'll just have to go without them." he winked, reaching over me to pick up his shirt.

"Perv." I rolled my eyes, picking up my dress. I put it back on and had him zip me up again, then I put my heels on."God I feel so awkward."

"No one knows but me." he shrugged. "It's okay, love."

"Slip the secret to anyone and I will end your life, Alexander."

"Okay, shit!" he nervously laughed and put his scarf back on. He pushed the back door open and helped me out and back into his coat. "Am I good? No sex hair?"

"Your sex hairless." I shook my head and smiled, taking both of his hands in mine. "Do I look okay?"

"Okay? No." he smirked. I narrowed my eyes and glared at him, hoping he wasn't being serious. "You don't look okay. You look gorgeous."

"You're too kind, babe." I giggled.

"All for you, baby." he said, leaning down to kiss me. I pulled away and yanked on his hands, pulling him back towards the shore. "Now we drink hardcore?"

"You can, but I'm not." I smiled. We walked back, finding the rest completely wasted. They were laughing over nonsense and falling over each other. Alex left for more drinks, leaving me alone with the drunken idiots.

"I bet Alex and Haley fucked." Jack slurred and laughed. "Alex has a love bite."

"I thought Haley was a good little girl." Zack added in to his joke. "Does Gayscarf like it rough or something?"

"No." I shook my head, looking over my shoulder to see Alex slowly returning. When he did, he handed me my drink and wrapped his arm tightly around my waist.

"Alex has a love bite." Jack began to tease.

"Yeah, I do." Alex shrugged.

"Do you like it rough?"

"I do not like it rough. I like it simple and sometimes quick. Jesus Christ, why am I even talking to you guys about this?"

"Then what's with the bite?" Zack raised his eyebrow and took a drink.

"I've been sleeping with this girl for almost two years and she knows what I like and what I don't like. And it's not a bite, it's a hickey you idiots."

"Damn, it's been that long?"

"Yes it has." Alex rolled his eyes.

Alex and I finally gave up and let the alcohol get the best of us. I tightly held my arms around him with my head pressed to his chest as he mingled with the rest of our drunken clan.

"Hey!" Kay slurred, "Why don't we play dares?"

"Sure, babe." Jack grinned.

"Okay, anyone have a bottle or somethin'?" she asked, standing up and staggering a bit. Alex finished off what he had left of his beer and handed her the bottle. "Why thank you." she smiled, sitting back down. She sat the bottle in the middle of our circle and spun it around. It landed on me first and she grinned, her mind working up a dare for me. "Give Alexander a boner."

I blushed bright red and nodded, crawling over to my husband, and got in his lap. I grinned at him before connecting our lips and forced my tongue into his mouth. I tangled my fingers in his dark, messy hair, and moved to his neck. Alex ran his hands up and down my back and down my legs. It was taking everything he had to hold back a moan from escaping his lips. I pulled away and smiled at him once I felt something poking my thigh, and nodded. "I think I got that job done." I said, slipping off of his lap. Alex bent his legs up so we couldn't see what he was sporting down there. "Okay, now it's my turn to spin the bottle!" I giggled, spinning the bottle and flashed Alex a smile.

It landed on Alex, "Fuck me!" he sighed.

"I dare you to kiss your lover boy, Jack." I grinned.

"Oh my god. Haley, high-fucking-five, right now!" Kay smiled, sticking her hand in my direction. I quickly returned it, and looked at Alex, seeing the smug grin on his face. He slowly moved towards Jack, freaking Jack out just a tad.

"Oh shit, he's coming at me with a fucking erection!" Jack whined.

"Shut up and kiss him babe." Kay giggled.

"You should be on my side!" Jack whined again as Alex got closer to his face.

"Shut up, Jack!" Alex laughed and kissed his best friend. I giggled and wrapped my arms around Alex once he returned to my side. "I hate you for that, love."

Everybody sat in awkward silence besides Alex and I. Zack erupted with laughter and shook his head. "Shut the hell up, you dick!" Jack muttered, punching Zack's arm.

"Is it Alex's turn now?" Brooke asked.

"Yup!" Alex smirked, setting the bottle into a spinning motion.

It landed on Kay. Her grin quickly turned into a frown. "What's my dare, Lex?"

"I have no idea.." he chuckled, "Rian, help me out here." Rian sighed and stood up, walking over to him, and sitting down again. He leaned into his ear and whispered something, causing Alex to laugh, "Holy shit, great idea, Ri!"

"I do try."

Alex turned back to her, then looked at Brooke, and at her again. "Kaylyn, I dare you to kiss Brooke. With tongue. For two minutes."

"Sorry, what?" she asked, eyes wide open.

"Just do the dare." Alex smirked.

"You are a dick." she sighed, moving over to Brooklyn.

"Hey." she smiled as Kay sat next to her.

"Are you okay with doing this?" she asked her.

"I'm fine with it, I guess." she sighed, shrugging her shoulders.

She then turned to Zack, staring him down for a moment. "Are you okay with it?"

"Fuck yeah! Two girls kissing. That's hot." he smirked.

Brooke and Kay exchanged a couple words that I couldn't hear. Kay leaned close to Brooke's face, nervous and embarrassed, and placed her lips on hers. She opened her mouth, letting their tongues explore each other's mouths.

I stared at them in shock and looked around at the boys who were all in awe. I elbowed Alex and rolled my eyes. "Sorry baby." he laughed and flashed me a gorgeous smile. I couldn't help but attack him in another fierce kiss. "We're leaving guys." Alex smirked, pushing me off of him. He helped me up and we broke into a unbalanced run back towards his car, where we'd end up spending the rest of the night.
_________________________________________

I awoke at some unknown hour of daylight. I was naked with a large figure that I hoped was Alex laid on top of me. His face was buried in my neck and he snored lightly. I freed my hands from underneath him and ran my hands gently up his back, feeling the familiar frame I was used to. Just to be sure, I slightly turned his left arm to look for a skull tattoo. Sure enough it was there and I let out a sigh of relief. I really couldn't remember what happened last night and the last thing I needed was to wake up next to a complete stranger in the backseat of my husband's car.

I worked my hands up to his head, playing with his soft messy hair. "Alex," I quietly said. "Alex, baby, wake up."

"Mmm, no." he groaned. "Please, five more minutes.."

"Alex, I'm not kidding. I don't know what time it is."

He sighed heavily and pushed himself up a little, still keeping his body tightly pressed to mine. "Holy fuck.. did we?" he scratched the back of his head.

"Well, considering that I have a bruise around my arm, I think we did." I shrieked.

"Did we use-"

"Alex, I have no clue!" I sighed in frustration. "What time is it?"

"Oh yeah." he tiredly blinked, searching for his jeans. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at the time, his eyes widening in response. "Well, we have an hour and ten minutes before we have to leave."

"What?" I shot up, searching for my clothes. I found my bra and my missing underwear and slipped them back on, then quickly pulled the red dress back up my thighs. "Dammit, Alex!" I cursed, jumping from the backseat to the front seat. He slowly redressed himself and joined me in the front, turning his car on, and drove off location.

He drove us home and we both dashed around the house quickly. I changed into sweats, a t-shirt and one of his hoodies while he took care of the luggage. I got Baz out into the car while Alex locked up the house and put my car into the garage. "I'm just gonna fucking change later." he said, hopping into the driver's seat. I sighed and nodded, pulling my knees to my chest. I looked at the clock, seeing it was now almost four thirty. By the time we'd get to Alex's parents, we'd only have fifteen minutes with Madalynn before we had to leave her for three weeks. "It's gonna be alright, love." Alex reached across, brushing my arm with his hand.

I sighed again and bit my lip. "I hope you're right, Alex."

I stayed quiet for the rest of the way there, not bothering to say another word to him because I had nothing to say. We got out and quickly walked to their front door, just letting ourselves in. We walked into the living room, seeing Madalynn setting on her grandmother's lap, giggling at Olivia, the cat Alex had gotten me for Christmas a couple years back. She looked up, seeing that we were here and began wiggling her fingers in our direction. "Mama mama mama!"

I took a deep breath and smiled, walking over to pick her up. "Hi baby." I giggled.

"What about Daddy? Daddy gets no love?" Alex play frowned and walked over to us, kissing her forehead. She smiled and touched his face with her tiny hand. She then reached for Alex, gripping tightly onto him. He took her in his arms and wrapped another arm around me, holding me close to them.

"Dada!" Madi cooed, petting his head.

"Hey! I'm not a kitty." he told her, making her giggle. "Daddy loves you, baby." he said, kissing her head over and over again. I knew by his actions, our time was almost up. He handed her back to me and she grunted and wiggled back towards him. I sighed in frustration and kissed her moving head. It was hard to hit a moving target.

"I love you Madi." I frowned, handing her back to him.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and handed her back to his mother. He hugged his mom and kissed Madi's head. "You listen here, baby. I want you to be good, okay? Don't grow up on me while we're gone, please." he said, kissing her head again. Madalynn furrowed her brow in frustration and reached her hands out for him. He stepped back from her and moved his lips to my ear. "Whatever you do, don't say goodbye." he whispered, kissing my cheek. "Go through the back."

I nodded and slowly walked towards the kitchen with him. He stopped dead in his tracks when he heard her beginning to cry. I bit the inside of my cheek to contain me. "Alex, I can't-"

"I can't either, but it is for the best." he took a deep breath and led me to the gate. As we traveled back to his car, tears rolled down my cheeks. I kept my sobs silent so he wouldn't hear them all the way there. I knew he was upset too, but he just did a better job at hiding his emotions.

He got to the meeting spot and parked his car in Matt's driveway. Their white touring van was parked on the curb with everyone chilling around it. I looked at the clock, seeing it was fifteen past. Matt was probably pissed. We silently got out and Alex got our things, quickly searching for a new shirt and a hoodie from his bag for him to change into. He threw the bags into the trailer with everyone else's and changed, ignoring the glaring Matt. "Wanna explain why you're late?"

"Matt, bitching at me isn't going to make up for lost time. Save your breath." Alex snapped, lacing his fingers back through mine and pulled me towards the van.

"Is it just me, or is it every fucking time?"

"Matt, drop it bro." Alex said, helping me in. "Our daughter held us up, okay?"

"I told everyone to be here at 4:45 so we could be packed up and ready to leave by five." he grumbled, getting into the driver's seat of the van.

"Matt, just shut up." I quietly said, but loud and clear enough for him and Alex to hear me.

"Haley you shut up and stay out of it."

"Bro, don't fucking talk to my wife like that." Alex angrily said, putting his arm protectively around me.

"You know what? I'm sorry Haley." Matt apologized, turning to look back at us.

I stayed quiet and nodded, leaning my head against Alex. This was going to be a long three weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, holy hell I'm so slow with getting these out. xD I get distracted easy and it's hard to write. But yeah. Here's an update and I have some news that some of you may care, some may not give a fuck, but.. I'm starting a new Alex fic. I got a new plot that wouldn't fit into this one so well, so I created a new one called Lets Burn This City Down so go subscribe to that and I'll have that up pretty soon and I shall juggle this one too. Much love.
Comment & Subscribe.