‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Why Me

Alex's POV:

"Where are we going?" Haley giggled as I pulled her through LAX. All of us guys agreed not to tell our wives and girlfriends of our next destination of this tour.

"You'll see love." I smiled at her.

"I hate when you do this to me."

"We're not doing it just to you. Kay, Brooke, and Cass don't know it either."

"Dang it." she pouted, then changed her expression into a calm smile. This was the first day of all of this whole entire tour that she's acted like the perky Haley I was in love with. I mean she was still Haley, but the gloomy side of Haley. I hated that side of her. Better yet, I just hated seeing her upset. I missed Madalynn dearly too, but I kept a smile on my face for her. I also sensed her change of mood since it was almost the end of this tour. Just about another week, then we'd be off again.

"Sorry. You'll find out very soon." I laughed, handing our boarding passes to the stewardess. I grabbed Haley's hand and led her to our seats of the plane. Her, being afraid of heights, pushed me into the window seat.

"Now can I know?" she begged.

"Hawaii." I said, putting an arm around her. "Happy now?"

"I am content." she giggled and rested her head on my shoulder. "I love you Alex."

"I love you too, babe."
_____________________________________
Haley's POV:

I groaned when I felt someone tapping my shoulder. "Love, we're about to land. Wake up." Alex caressed me awake. I nodded tiredly and sat straight up. The plane was now dark with dim lights lighting up parts of it.

The plane landed in Honolulu, Hawaii, and all the passengers hurried to the door. Alex towed me along with him to the baggage claim to get our luggage so we could meet everyone else at the hotel. He took me out to a taxi and threw our bags in the trunk. We got in and he gave the taxi driver the directions to the hotel.

"Why does traveling make you so tired?" I complained, rubbing my forehead. "You don't even do nothing but sit!"

"Welcome to my life, love." he laughed. "A life of exhaustion. That's why the first couple days I'm back from touring, I'm not any fun."

"I feel weird without Madi."

"So do I. But don't worry, she's definitely coming with us on the UK tour."

"Okay." I giggled. The taxi driver pulled the cab up to the front door and stopped. Alex paid the small fare and got out, retrieving the bags. He grabbed my hand and led me through the lobby to a set of elevators.

"God don't let us get stuck." he laughed. "By the way, we're sharing a room with Jack and Kay for tonight."

"Oh joy." I joked. "Hope to god, no funny business."

"No kidding. If so, they'll be sleeping in the fucking hallway." he shook his head. "Or maybe I'll just cut Jack's dick off with a spoon or something."

"Damn you're violent."

"I have to be to get my point across." he winked. The elevator doors opened and he pulled me out, leading me down the hallway. He knocked on a door at the end of the hallway and waited for someone to answer. Jack pulled the door open and shushed us because Kay was sleeping.

"Well we're all going out tonight, so you two might as well start getting ready. Kay fell asleep while waiting." Jack said, looking down at his sleeping wife.

"Again?" I groaned. "All you guys do is drink!"

"Why don't you see fun in drinking, Hails?"

"Because I prefer to have fun that I can actually remember." I shook my head, looking up at Alex, hoping he would help defend my case.

"You and I won't drink tonight, baby." he gave me a quick kiss. "Just get dressed though. We'll still have fun, I promise."

I sighed and pulled open my bag, searching for something to wear. I pulled out a sundress that was striped with white and light green stripes, and my white bathing suit. Alex had gathered his clothing and pulled me off to the bathroom so we could get ready.

I put on my dress and turned to the mirror, frowning at the way I looked. Alex noticed and wrapped his arms firmly around my waist. "I really don't wanna go out."

"We can stay in if you'd like.." he mumbled, kissing my shoulder.

"No, I don't wanna ruin things for you. So we will go." I gave him a small smile.

"Remember baby, you're not being forced to do anything you don't wanna do."

"But I want you to be happy."

"You don't live to please me, you live to please yourself." he said, giving me a warm hug.

"And in order to please myself, I have to please you. Because when you're happy, I'm happy. Does that make any sense?"

"I suppose." he laughed. "I love you."

"We'll have fun tonight, I promise." I stepped onto my tippy toes to kiss him. "I hate you for being tall."

"I hate you for being short. I hope Madi doesn't suffer from that." he smirked. "Finish getting ready, love."

"I am ready, I just need my heels." I giggled, leaving him in the bathroom to finish getting ready.

"About time the woman exits. I have to do my hur!" Jack playfully yelled at me, running towards the bathroom.

"Alrighty then.. Mornin' sleepy head." I smiled at Kay, who was setting on the edge of the bed.

"I had no idea I had fell asleep." she laughed. "I don't wanna go out tonight!"

"Yeah me either, but I'll go to keep Alex happy."

"It's just so tiring."

"Seriously." I sighed, setting down next to her.

We stayed quiet for a moment. She looked deep in thought about something, but I wasn't going to ask. "Hey Haley?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna stage something to freak the boys out?"

"Like?"

"I don't know. Lets play fight?" she said soft and low. "It'll really shake them up and I think that would be pretty comical."

"Alright. Any rules?" I nodded, standing up with a smile on my face.

"Um.. The hits need to be real so.. No hard hits! Soft hits."

"Okay." I giggled.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" she yelled at me in an aggressive tone.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing. "Nothing is wrong with me! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You're such a fucking bitch!" she said, moving closer to me.

"Get out of my face." I yelled back.

"You bitch!" she pushed me to the floor. She pinned me underneath her and started slapping my jaws. I was doing all I could to keep from laughing.

"What the fuck?!" I heard Jack at the corner of the room. Jack pulled her off of me and Alex came to my rescue, picking me up from the floor like I was a delicate piece of porcelain.

Alex held me tightly to his chest, in fear that I may break for a hit at Kay. Alex kept calm, but Jack looked like he was going to kill me. I bit my lip in fear and then hid behind Alex, definitely ready to seriously hit Kay for her bright idea.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Haley?!" he barked, pushing Kaylyn behind him.

"Jack, don't talk to her like that." Alex said, sternly looking at his best friend. "It was both of their faults, stop putting the blame on just her. Stop and ask what happened before you go bitching at just one."

"Okay then. What the fuck happened, Haley?!"

"Jack, seriously dude. I'm not fucking joking. Don't curse at her like that."

"Alex, you're so pussy whipped." Jack spat. I watched Kay smile a tad, then cover it up with her hand.

"No, I'm not pussy whipped. It's only because it's not right to curse at a woman, you prick."

My eyes widened. This was seriously escalating. Kay realized it too. "Okay guys, give it up. It was a joke! Please don't kill one another!"

"Baby," Alex whispered, turning to me. "Is it true?"

I nodded. He pursed his lips and nodded, turning to walk away. "Alex!" I whimpered, following him to the bathroom.

"I'm not mad at you baby, I just needed to finish up my hair." he laughed, picking up his straightener.

"I'm still sorry." I apologized, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist.

"You shouldn't be apologizing. It should be Jack because he yelled at you. When clearly, it was you getting your ass kicked. Geez, man up babe."

"I've always been wimpy though." I frowned. "And it was Kay's idea too."

"What?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Kay thought it would be funny to fake you two out, but then it got bad.."

"I don't care. He shouldn't of put the blame on you."

"I think it is good we all go out.. Relieve the tension."

"Relieve the tension by you and I going opposite places." he smiled.

"Like where?" I giggled.

"Well, we could go inspect the beach." he shrugged, beginning to unbutton his shirt. "Fuck these clothes, I'm going in shorts and a V-neck. I don't know about you, love."

"This dress isn't anything fancy, so I'll go in it and flip flops."

"Alright, let me change, then we'll go." he left the room to go retrieve his clothes. While he did so, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and sat on the counter to wait. He dressed and reached for my hands, nearly dragging me out of the bathroom. We went through the hotel and out an exit that led towards the beach.

"I don't know about you, but I absolutely love the beaches." I smiled, hugging onto his arm.

"Why do you think I got us a house really close to the beach back at home?" he laughed. "The house I was interested in got sold before I could do anything about it. It's up for sale again and I thought about moving us into it. It's like right on the beach too."

"But I like the house we live in now."

"So do I. Too many memories in it now to move."

"So many." I giggled.

"Are you happy you came out on tour with me?" he asked, squeezing my hand.

"Yes." I nodded. "Though, I miss Madalynn so much."

"So do I baby." he sighed. "I can't help but realize that she's four months old."

"I know! In just a couple months she'll be six months.. Halfway through a year."

"I really wasn't expecting her so early.. What the hell even happened that night?"

"I got pissed off at you and you left. My mom left and I was all alone. I was really angry that I just sat in the bedroom and cried. Then I fell asleep and later that night I woke up with pains. I thought it was just nothing, but it just got worse. I was going to call you, but you called me first luckily. Then everything went downhill from there." I said, looking down at my feet as I tried to remember all that had happened about four and a half months ago.

"Man, no kidding. You were like raging!" he smirked. "I've never heard you yell at me like that before. I kinda thought that my parents would be planing my funeral and the guys would be looking for a new lead singer!"

"You're not funny!" I frowned playfully, setting down in the sand with him. "It's so beautiful out here."

"Not as beautiful as you." he smiled and poked my nose.

"Shut up."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Well that doesn't answer my question."

"It doesn't need to." I shrugged, leaning against him.

"Yes it does." he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Nah."

"Yes."

"No it-" I was cut off by his lips being pressed against mine. "I love you."

"I love you too." he smiled, showing off his teeth.

"I absolutely love your smile." I giggled, stroking his cheek. "And you actually shaved! I'm so proud of you."

"Well, I love your face so.. But yea! I shaved just for you, love."

I giggled more and went in for another kiss. "Alex, what time is it?"

"It's a little after ten. I don't know exactly, I left my phone in the room." he wrapped his arms tightly around me. "We should go for a swim though."

"But I'm a Hydrophobe!" I squeaked. I did not want to go into the water. I've hated water ever since I was little whenever Bella pushed me into a pool and I almost drowned.

"Baby, I won't let nothing happen to you. I pinky promise." he said, sticking his pinky out. "Please?"

I frowned and nodded, wrapping my tiny pinky around his. "Fine."

He stood up and took his shirt off, laying it back on the sand. I slid my dress off of my body and took his hand, letting him lead me to water. I walked ankle deep into the water with him, hesitating to go any further. He had to drag me in to get me in waist-deep. "Baby, what are you afraid of?"

"Water. Duh." I rolled my eyes. "I've never liked it. Not after almost drowning when I was six."

"Well I won't let you drown. Little did you know, I took swimming lessons a lot when I was younger, and for my first summer job I was a lifeguard at the pool. Do you trust me now?"

"It's not you that I don't trust, it's the water.." I mumbled. "Fine, just don't let me. Please."

"I won't." he smiled. He pulled me deeper into the water and held onto me so the waves wouldn't topple me over. He led me out as far as I could go before pulling me onto his back. I held tightly onto him as he started to swim around. I couldn't help but giggle, it actually was fun.

After a long period of swimming, he finally got sick of it. With me still on his back, he led us back to shore, retrieving our shoes and clothes. "That was fun." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"It was, but I feel all salty and shit. I think a shower and bed would be nice." he laughed.

"I don't wanna go to bed though." I rested my chin on his shoulder. "I wanna cuddle."

"We can do that." he nodded, taking us back to the hotel room. Once we were in, he took us straight to the shower. He turned the water on over us and helped me out of my bikini I was wearing and took off his shorts. We rubbed shampoo in each other's hair like we usually did and rinsed it out.

He tried to be cute and kiss my neck, but I pushed him away. In return, he tried again, managing to kiss me. It got heated and I couldn't deny my lust for him at the moment. With all my might, I slammed him against the shower wall, kissing him roughly. "Alex." I giggled, latching my legs around his waist.

"DTF, ma'am?" he mumbled, kissing the skin under my ear.

"Sure." I nodded, bringing his lips to mine.

His hands traveled down my back, and I slipped out of his grip a couple times. "Are you ready?"

I nodded and let him straddle me. I felt the familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach as he started to thrust deep into me. "Alex," I moaned out.

I dug my fingernails into his shoulder blades and he bit his lip in pain. "Ow, baby. That fucking hurts."

"I'm sorry, it just feels so good." I groaned, running a hand through my wet hair. "Alex, go faster, please."

"Damn baby." he smirked, biting the skin on my neck and sucked on it, creating more moans in my throat.

"Alex, really. Quit fucking around!"

"Damn baby, you're a piece of work, you know that?" he shook his head. He finally quit fucking around and went quicker. "I'm almost there." he whispered. I nodded and let him finish us off.

He set me back to my feet and held me tightly against him still. My body felt weak and I could barely stand. "I love you." I whimpered, kissing him while still trying to catch my breath. He returned the kiss and held me up against the wall, pinning my wrists over my head on the wall.

"I love you too baby." he smiled, kissing my nose.

We got out and wrapped big white towels around our bodies and went to change and head straight for bed. I put on his Ravens jersey and a pair of underwear and crawled into the bed that we were given, which was by a balcony that overlooked the beach.

He joined me and crawled under the blankets, wrapping his arms tightly around my frame. "I love you." he said, kissing my jaw.

"I love you too." I giggled, burying my face in his neck.

"Our night seemed to be better than theirs in the end. At least we'll actually remember it anyway." he smiled. "Oh yeah! I wanna ask you a ques-"

"We're back bitches!" I heard Jack's loud voice. "And we have brownies!"

"Motherfucker." Alex sighed.

"Fuck you Alex, he has brownies." I giggled and sat up.

"See, Haley will eat the brownies." Jack narrowed his eyes at Kay. "Here."

"Do they have nuts in them?" I said, taking thought that I was allergic to nuts.

"Nope!" he handed me a brownie and sat down.

I nodded and took a bite, chewing it completely. I fed another piece of it to Alex, and I ate the rest. I settled back into Alex's side and closed my eyes. I began coughing uncontrollably and my throat hurt. "Jack, you said there were no nuts in them, right?" I choked.

"Oh, yeah. There were. I misunderstood you. Sorry. Why?"

"You fucking idiot!" Alex freaked, setting up with me in his arms. "Shit."

"What's wrong?!" I stood up from the bed, running off to the bathroom mirror. My face had swollen. I looked like a duck. A fucking duck for Christ's sake. "Alex!" I whined, trying to keep from crying.

He entered the room and wrapped his arms around me. "Baby, it's gonna be okay."

"My face! I look like a fucking duck!" I broke down into tears. "Don't look at me." I pulled away, running back to the bed. I hid under the covers, grumbling death threats towards Jack under my breath.

"Babe, you're going to be fine."

"What the hell is happening anyway?" Jack questioned him.

"The brownies you gave her has nuts in them. She's allergic to nuts and her face is swollen up!" Alex spat at him, rolling over to face me. He pulled me tightly to him to shield my unpleasant looking face from Jack and Kay.

"Haley I'm so sorry!" he apologized.

"Say sorry when my face doesn't look fucking ridiculous." I angrily said, hiding it in Alex's chest.

"Okay." he ignorantly replied.

Alex tensed up and groaned. "Baby, go to sleep and get some rest. The swelling should go down by tomorrow morning. If not, I'll take you to a doctor."

I nodded and tightly shut my eyes, wanting the sleep to overtake me. But it wouldn't. Alex had quickly fallen asleep, leaving me awake. I sighed heavily and turned, puling the blankets over my head. God, what did I do to deserve this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Looooool. Filler, but aye! Next chapter will be funner. Sorry it's taken me awhile to get this out.. I've been busy with my other story (which you should check out if you haven't already) called Lets Burn This City Down. It's another Alex fic. But thanks for still reading guys! :)
Comment & Subscribe.