‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Something In Common

I could sleep in later than usual. My new school didn't start until 8:10, which was way better than the usual 7:05 I started at in Dulaney. I was sorta looking forward to my day at Malcolm High.

My alarm went off, pulling me out of my deep sleep. I sighed and turned it off, flipping my legs over the side of the bed. I checked my phone to see I had three new text messages from Alex.

5:54 AM - From Alex: I made it safely to LA.

5:59 AM - From Alex: Oh, and I just wanna say that I love you and I want you to have a super great day, okay beautiful? Make the most of it and call me when you can. I love you.. again. And did I leave my cum in my hoodie pocket you had on?

6:00 AM - From Alex: Fucking fuck! *gum. Auto correct fucked me over there and made me look like a pervert. I'm sorry. I'll shut up now, bye. <3

You're such a idiot, but I love you.

A smile lit up on my face as I left my phone to go shower. Once I was done, I did my hair and makeup delicately, aiming to look good. I was pleased with my appearance today. I skipped into the bedroom to get dressed, dressing in a short, white floral, spaghetti strap dress with a pair of black flip flops and Alex's black All Time Low hoodie.

I grabbed my phone and looked at it, seeing I had no more text messages from Alex. He was probably passed out in bed wherever they were staying at in LA. I shoved it in my jacket pocket and sat down, petting Sebastian where he still laid where I left him when I went to shower. "Outside?" I asked him, watching him wag his tail. He didn't waste any time, and ran out of the room to wait by the door for me to let him out.

I grabbed my backpack from the corner of the room and slung it around my shoulder, exiting the bedroom to go let Baz out. Once I let him out, I made sure the back door was locked, then I stomped into the kitchen to look for something small to eat for breakfast.

I settled for a small bowl of fruitloops. I ate the colored circles, thinking back to what Alex had said about them one morning when we were eating them for breakfast. Fruitloops are just gay cherios. I laughed to myself and put my bowl away. I looked at the clock on the wall, reading that it was 7:55 now. I walked to the door and grabbed the keys to my Cadillac, pulling the front door open. I locked it and pulled it shut, then progressed on to the car.

Fuck. I hadn't ever drove this thing either. I knew it would be easier since it was smaller than Alex's Range Rover. I got in, readjusting my mirrors, the seat, and the steering wheel to my liking, then pulled out of the driveway carefully.

Alex was right when he said the car felt fast when driving. I felt like I was going forty-five miles per hour when I was just going twenty-five in the school zone. The school was only about a five minute drive away from the house and I had zero traffic really. Alex set me up well.

Malcolm High had been in session for the past month already. I would be the only new kid today with no others to experience it with me. I probably still would be in Dulaney if Kara wouldn't have moved off to Kansas, but by the sounds of things, she likes it. So instead, I'm here myself, starting something new on my own.

I parked my car and grabbed my bag from the passenger seat, then got out. Students were packed in the parking lot, blaring their radios through their sound systems of their cars. I stood at the tail-end of the Cadillac, looking around the scene.

I decided to venture down the parking lot towards the main building to find the office. I gripped the strap of my bag tightly as I walked by a group of boys, eyeing me up and down like a bunch of perverts. "Mmm, damn chica. Where does a fine piece of ass like you come from?" a boy from the group asked with a thick Spanish accent.

"God dammit, Michael, leave the girl alone." a girl with black hair and brown and red highlights appeared from behind me with a similar looking boy.

"Suck my dick, bitch."

"Bro, don't talk to my sister like that." the boy stepped in front of us both.

"Jay, he's stupid. I can fight my own battles. It's hard to suck on something tiny."

I laughed loudly and shook my head. "Small dicked motherfucker." I smiled evilly at the boy named Michael. He shut up quickly and allowed us three to pass on by.

"Oh hi, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Brooklyn Drake and this is my brother Jeydon." the girl smiled at me, extending her hand out for me to shake. I shook it and smiled at her, my eyes traveling down to her shirt, then her binder. She had a grey All Time Low shirt on and black skinny jeans with a picture of the boys on her binder.

"Hi, I'm Haley." I nodded. "All Time Low fan I see?"

Her eyes got wide. "You're the only one who recognizes it. Everyone else asks me who these faggots are!"

"They are so not faggots." I laughed. "Okay, maybe Alex and Jack are a little."

"I love Alex and Jack." she laughed. "You listen to them?"

"Totally. I've seen them play live a lot."

"I went and saw them this summer at warped. They were amazing!"

I began to like this girl. We had one thing in common. But then I came across a issue. Should I tell her that I'm married to the front man of her favorite band? Then take the risk of being used just to get to them. I didn't want that to happen. I just wanted someone to like me for me. "I saw them there too." I laughed. "I hung out with them for a while too."

"Really?" she raised a eyebrow. We slowly started to walk towards the school building. "Lucky."

"Yeah, I used to hang out with Jack and Rian's girlfriends in high school. Rian's girlfriend was my best friend, then I started hanging out with Kay. I sorta know the guys, but we're not really that close."

"Oh bummer. What're they like?"

"Alex is really tall and attractive. No doubt. Jack is tall, and weird. Rian is chill and very sweet. Then Zack is sweet too, but he's really quiet." I told her, giving a exact description of every one of them.

"Alex is so.. I can't even describe it." she smiled widely at me.

"Hey, I call dibs." I giggled. "I don't think my husband would like that very much."

"Oh, you're married?"

"Yeah, I have been for a few months now." I shrugged.

"What's his name?" she asked, her curiosity digging deep into my skin.

"Believe it or not, Alex." I suppressed a laugh. "He lives the same lifestyle as the boys of ATL does. He plays guitar for someone. I can't remember who, but he plays guitar and I rarely get to see him. He's in LA now."

"Oh wow, is he cute?" she giggled. "The office is over here."

"Yeah, I'll show you a picture later?"

"Okay." she nodded. "I'm gonna go to class. I'll catch you at lunch?"

"Okay." I smiled, waving to her. "Bye."

"Later!" she took off walking down the hallway.

I walked into the office and got my schedule. I looked to see that I had Bio II first period. I searched the hallways for the room number 108. I finally found it after three minutes of looking, nearly getting in before I was tardy.

I walked to the teacher's desk, handing the elderly man my class slip. "Haley Noel Gaskarth. Gaskarth? What kind of name is Gaskarth?" he looked up at me, giving me a confused look.

"It's English." I laughed lightly.

"Oh, you're British then?"

"No, I'm actually half Spanish and half Italian."

"Then how'd you end up with that last name?" he gave me another confused look. "It makes no sense at all."

"It's my husband's last name. My husband is British." I said, taking my slip from him.

"Oh, okay. You can sit in the back behind Nicole Andrews." he pointed to the back to a empty chair behind a girl with snow white hair and piercing blue eyes. I awkwardly walked to the back and took my seat, ignoring all the stares I got from my new classmates.
____________________________________________
Alex's POV:

I woke up in the soft bed that was assigned to me. I didn't feel like myself today. My wake-up was ruined without my sleeping beauty next to me. I groaned and untwisted myself from the large black comforter. I picked my jeans up from the floor and put them on, not bothering to dress fully. I walked out of the room and down the hall to the living room where Rian, Jack, and Kay sat watching television.

"Look, the faggot's up!" Jack screamed like a child.

"I don't feel up." I sighed, setting down into the black leather chair that matched the sofas in the room. I hid my face in my hands, feeling the urge to go back to sleep.

"You alright dude?" Rian asked, patting my bare shoulder.

"I don't know honestly."

"You don't look it."

"I had a rough time sleeping last night and I have a lot of things bothering me." I ran my fingers through my tangled hair.

"What's up dude?" Jack pressed, turning down the television. I didn't feel comfortable fessing my feelings up at the moment with Kay sitting there, when she knew just a little about my life. It wouldn't be easy to come out and say that Tom's death was starting to bother me, then leaving my wife back in Baltimore by herself without my protection.

"Nothing." I sighed.

"It's not good to hold in your feelings bro."

"You really wanna know what's bothering me? The fact that my brother isn't alive to see all this happening for us, then not having Haley here. She's out there all alone. Fuck's sake." I growled, angrily standing up. I dashed back to the bedroom that I was staying in and slammed the door. I pulled my phone out of my pocket when it started to buzz. I answered without looking at the contact. "What?" I said through clenched teeth.

"Oh, hi to you too." Haley's sweet voice sarcastically said. "Did I wake you?"

"Oh, hi baby. I didn't look at the contact when I answered." I quietly laughed. "No, I've been up. I'm actually thinking about going back to sleep."

"Why?" she giggled. "Did sleeping on a plane for so many hours wear you out?"

"Yes."

"Big baby." I could tell she was smiling through the phone.

"Yeah, so how's school?" I changed the subject, looking at the clock. It was just a little past 9, meaning it was 12 there.

"I'm actually having a good day."

"That's great." I smiled. "Made any friends yet?"

"Actually I have. Her name is Brooklyn, and she's a All Time Low fan." she laughed.

"That's good." I laughed along with her. "Did you happen to tell her that you're married to the front man of the band?"

"That's the dilemma. I'm kinda scared to."

"Why?"

"Because I don't wanna tell her I'm married to you, then she only pretends to like me in order to get ties to the band." she sighed. "Do you get what I'm saying?"

"Yeah, I do understand that. If I need to keep a secret, I can." I coughed loudly, feeling a aching pain in my sides. "I'm gonna go to sleep now, baby."

"Okay. I'm gonna go eat. I'm starving!"

"Go eat. I'll call you after school. Enjoy the rest of school. I love you."

"I love you too, Alex. Byee." she innocently said, hanging up the phone.

I took a deep breath and laid back down in bed. I closed my eyes and didn't hesitate to drift back out.
_______________________________________
Haley's POV:

Alex sounded upset on the phone, but I didn't let it effect my mood. I guessed Jack probably did something to piss him off, but he'd get over that later. I walked back into the high school with my food I had bought in the vending machines while on the phone with Alex.

I found Brooklyn setting at a table by herself, twisting noodles onto a fork. I sat down across from her and began to pull open the bag of chips I bought. "I'm starving." I laughed, taking a chip in my mouth.

"I know right? I've been starving since I woke up and I even ate breakfast."

"I did too. It's strange."

"So are you enjoying your first day at Malcolm?" she asked, scooping noodles into her mouth.

"I am. I do like it here. Way better than Dulaney, that's for sure." I smiled.

"Dulaney is full of a bunch of arrogant assholes. Nothing personal."

"No, I agree. And sluts."

"But there's just a lot of perverts here." she rolled her eyes. "I rage against pervs and sluts."

"I've grown up around them." I shook my head. "My husband happens to be a pervert at times, then my ex-best friend, her sister, and my sister were sluts."

"Damn, harsh calling your sister out like that, don't ya think?"

"No." I shook my head again. "She's a fucking stripper in Vegas now."

"Oh, damn. How old is she?" she raised a eyebrow.

"She's nineteen now. I don't get along with her very well."

"Why?"

"Well, when I started to date Alex, she threw a bitchfit about that. Then her and her best friend would always pick on my friend Kay, who happens to be Scottish, and then she totally doesn't bother showing up to our own father's funeral."

"I'm sorry about your dad." she frowned. "Doesn't your mother have a say in it?"

"You see, my dad lied to us half of our lifetime, telling us my mother was dead only so she would stay away and not contact us. Then get this- one day, I'm at home with Alex and someone shows up at the door. It was my mom, asking to see me." I said, my voice turning angry. "I do have a step-mom figure in my life who my dad got pregnant with twins right before he died of a disease he didn't bother telling anybody else about."

"Damn, that's fucked!"

"Tell me about it." I say, hearing the bell ring.

"Back to ridiculousness." she laughed, standing up. "I'll see you after school right?"

"Yep, since we have no classes at all together." I fake frowned, then laughed. "Bye."

I walked to my new locker and got my bag out, then walked down the hall a little to the Family Education class. I don't know how I got in that, but it was better than being in a dragged on choir.

Once school was out, I wasted no time gathering my homework at my locker. I was ready to escape and go home and see Baz, then call Alex back. I threw my heavy bag into the passenger seat of my car and slid it in reverse, trying to get out without being hit by idiots who can't drive.

I zoomed down the road in the fast car, blaring Coffeeshop Soundtrack in my speakers. I got home and killed the car, getting out and drug my large bag into the house. I let Sebastian in and petted him for a while, before picking up my phone to call Alex.

"Hello?" he answered calmly this time.

"Hi. Whatcha doin'?"

"Watching Jack ruin Shameless." he laughed out. "How was school?"

"Great, but I have tons of homework." I sighed. "I think I may need help with my math."

"Maybe you shouldn't go to school then."

"I wish." I rolled my eyes. "But I do actually like Malcolm. It's a nice place. The people are nicer, except the fact I got hit on by a bunch of jerks this morning. Then my Bio teacher is a insane old man and asked me what kind of last name is Gaskarth?" I giggled.

"It's English!" he yelled.

"I know! That's what I told him. Then he asked me if I was British."

"Psh, you're Italian and Spanish. I'm the British one."

"That's what I told him."

"Damn, love." I could hear a smile in his voice. "I miss you, baby."

"I miss you too. The house is quiet." I bit my lip.

"I fe-" he started, but was cut off by someone yelling at him. "Baby, I gotta go do the vocals for this song now. I'll call you back later, okay?"

"Okay. Bye." I said, hanging up. I sat my phone down on the table and started to work on my homework, but ended up falling asleep instead.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. It's short and simple, and you see she's seeing something good happening to her. But Alex on the other hand, is having a rough time. :/
Comment & Subscribe.