‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Landing

After flying at least fifteen times in my life, I always got the same result. I ended up passed out over Alex. We had made it to the Baltimore airport after a long day of traveling. "What time is it?" I groaned, leaning my head against his shoulder.

"A little after five, baby. Calm down." he laughed, stroking my hair.

We were currently outside the airport, waiting for someone to get us a cab so we could go back to Matt's house and retrieve our vehicles. Jack was bouncing off the walls, in a complete frenzy to get to Kay and to see his sons. He was more annoying than usual, making Alex refrain himself from snapping or punching him in the throat. Alex and I were in a hurry to see Madalynn for the first time in three weeks.

"I'm ready to leave." I tapped my foot impatiently.

"Simmer down, love. A taxi is on it's way."

"How much long-"

"Right now." he cut me off, pointing to a taxi pulling up to the curb. "Now lets go." he smiled, dragging me and our luggage to the back. Him, Jack, and Matt all worked to get everyone's stuff into the trunk while I got into the taxi cab.

I sat there in silence, feeling the taxi driver gaze at me through the mirror. I was incredibly freaked out and I wanted Alex to get his ass in to save me. "Where are we going, my pretty little miss?" he smiled into the mirror.

"I don't know the address sir." I nervously laughed, turning my head to see the boys standing there discussing something.

"So how old are you?"

"Nineteen."

I watched him purse his lip and nod. "You got yourself a boyfriend?"

"I'm married." I harshly answered. Right about the time I finished my last word, the door opened. Alex slid into the cab next to me with Jack next behind him. Matt took the front seat with the creepy taxi driver and told him the address. Without hesitation, I grabbed Alex's hand and gave him a small smile.

He leaned his head against mine and kissed my head. "I love you." he mumbled in my ear.

"I love you too." I giggled, placing a small peck on his lips.

"Hey bro, I will pay you extra if you hurry." Jack said to the taxi driver.

"Jack, I swear if you get us killed.. I will make sure your ass gets kicked in the afterlife." Alex shot him a glare.

"I need to make sure Kaylyn's okay. I need to be there to help her with Hayden and Breydon. The boys are too much like me.. I know she can't do it alone."

"I just realized that we all have kids about the same age." Matt said from the front seat.

"I forgot you were even a dad, Matt. You never mention her." Alex said. "Hell, I don't even know the kid's name!"

"Isabelle Jane Flyzik." he answered with a small smile.

"That's pretty." I smiled at him.

"Thanks. We named her after Kimberly's grandmother."

"I think we all should have like a massive play date one day." Jack laughed.

"Your sons do have a birthday coming up Jack." Alex said to him, resting his head on mine again.

"That is true." he nodded. "I can't believe it's been almost a year. Since Kay and I got married and the boys were born."

The boys rambled on about our children for the rest of our ride to Matt's. Once we were there, Matt payed the regular fare and Jack pulled his end of the bargain and payed the taxi driver extra. I was now excited to be away from everyone. Being with everybody for three weeks straight with no space was tough. But Alex- I had to put up with him. I've been putting up with him for two years.

Alex moved our luggage from the taxi to the back of his Range Rover, quickly pulling me to the car. Jack had already fled and Matt went into his house to stay there with no intentions of leaving for awhile.

"If we hurry, we can surprise my mom at work and get Madi from her." he smiled, backing the car out of Matt's driveway.

"You didn't call last night?"

"No. There's like a five hour difference between us. I don't think my mother would love me so much if I called her at three in the morning."

"It hasn't stopped you doing that to me." I rolled my eyes.

"But you're my wife. You have to put up with me and my silly doings now." he stuck his tongue out at me. "I'm excited to see Madi. I have missed her so much."

"I have too." I giggled. "I feel lost without her."

"It's been different. Now that she's older anyway."

"Yea." I nodded and yawned. I laid my head against the window and examined everything we passed. The sky was grey so it was darker than usual.

"Tired, baby?" he laughed.

"Yeah." I replied again, squeezing my eyes shut. My plan was to get a tiny nap before we got there. But instead, I completely drifted off to sleep.

Alex's POV:

Haley was out like a light. The loudest snap of my fingers wouldn't wake her. I changed my mind quickly and went home first so I could lay her down and get the luggage out. It would be hard to drag a sleeping Haley, my baby, and luggage in at once.

I unlocked the front door and came back for Haley first. I carefully opened the car door and unbuckled her seat belt, lifting her lightweight body out of the seat. I took her upstairs and laid her on the giant bed, covering her up with the blankets. I placed a kiss on her forehead and walked out, going back outside for our luggage. I brought them inside and left them in the living room. I was now focused on getting my baby girl back.

Thank god that the daycare my mother worked at wasn't far from our house. It was a small distanced drive for me and I was there at the blink of an eye. I went into the building, walking through room after room looking for my mom and Madalynn.

My mom was sitting on a stool, with a book in one hand, and Madalynn laying in the other. She was reading to a bunch of other small children, who gave me funny looks as I quietly sneaked over, peering over my mom's shoulder to see what she was reading.

"Psst. Mom." I whispered in her ear, causing her to slightly jump.

"Alexander William!" she shrieked. "What are you doing here? I thought you weren't going to be here until Thursday!"

"Something came up and we flew home a couple nights early." I shrugged. I had caught eyes with my daughter and a smile lit up behind her pacifier. "Hey baby doll." I smiled back, taking her from my mom. She was god awful warm. "Mom, is she feeling okay?"

"She's got a fever. I've been keeping medicine in her system all day. It's time for another dosage."

"Oh dang. You gots a bug!" I kissed her forehead. "Lets go get you some medicine!"

"It's in my car with her bag and car seat." my mother smiled. "Take her home and let her rest."

"I will." I nodded, kissing her cheek. "Say bye to Grandma." I told Madi, showing her how to wave. She imitated me and wiggled her tiny fingers back and forth as her attempted wave. I turned and walked out of the building, raiding my mom's car for Madi's car seat and diaper bag. With one hand, I managed to get the car seat into my backseat. I sat Madalynn in it and she got upset, fussing as I tried to strap her in. "Madalynn, baby. Shh." I kissed the top of her forehead. She frowned at me and gripped a piece of my hair, yanking it roughly. "Ow! Madalynn Renae, you don't pull hair." I softly said, but in a sternly way.

She rolled her eyes. She looked like her mother when she did that. I stuck my tongue out at her and shut the door, getting into the front seat. I left the daycare and drove back home. I looked at the clock on the dashboard, sighing because it was just six thirty. I took Madi inside and into the kitchen, setting her down on the counter. I was shocked when she sat up on her own.

I pulled the pacifier gently from her mouth and sat it down on the counter, then filling a spoon full of Motrin. "Say ah baby." I said, opening my mouth to show her what to do. She whined and hid her face with her hands. "Look, this is Daddy's favorite." I took pretend sips from the spoon. She opened her mouth finally and let me run the medicine down her. "Now, are you hungry?"

"Dada!" she piped.

"Baby!"

I smiled and pulled out a jar of apple sauce and a spoon. I tried my best to feed her but she had no appetite. It concerned me. I was a idiot when it came to taking care of her, but I tried my absolute damn best. She did give me a sign that she was tired. She started tugging at the ends of her long brown hair and rubbed her eyes.

I picked her up and headed up the stairs, taking her into Haley and I's bedroom. Haley was still out of it, gripping tightly onto a pillow that she was drooling on. How attractive. I laid down next to her and laid Madalynn on my chest. I sang bits and pieces of old songs I had written in the earlier stages of my band's life to her, patting her back. Once I was sure she was asleep, I turned the TV on for something to watch, keeping the volume low. But me, being the tired self I am, fell asleep also.

Haley's POV:

I woke up to a loud noise from the television. Alex had fell asleep with it on. I turned on the lamp at the bedside table, getting a surprise when I did. Laying on top of him was Madalynn. I smiled as I examined the father-daughter moment. It was absolutely adorable. I picked up Alex's phone, that was laying in the bed next to him, to take a picture. As I searched for the camera on his iPhone, a notification box popped up on a the screen.

Oct 24, 2007 3:27 A.M. From Unknown Number:

Hey Alex.. It's Lisa.. I got your number from Kara. Can we talk? :/

I stared at this message for the longest time. I really didn't know what to do about it. I hit the reply button and quickly typed "no." It had to be done. Alex was probably going to kill me for it later for reading one of his texts. But it being from her, it shouldn't matter. It still needed to be done.

The screen flashed back up again and the notification box popped up. I read what I could of it without completely opening the text message. I'll save that for him tomorrow. I continued on with what I was doing.. opening the camera. I took a picture and reviewed it, giggling at its cuteness.

I quietly crawled out of the bed, creeping over to the other side of the room to tuck them both in. I pulled the soft blankets over them and placed a kiss on Madi's head and one on Alex's cheek. I then danced along to the closet, stripping out of the clothes I've unintentionally wore the past two days. I put on short black shorts and a random shirt of his.

I returned to bed and crawled underneath the covers, fluffing up my pillow before I laid my head down. I snuggled close to Alex for warmth and held his hand under the blanket, kissing his shoulder before I settled down for good. I shut my still tired eyes and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
kdsfhkdsj this is a filler.. It's 2 AM and I'm tired as fuck. I've got mass ideas for this so I kinda put a halt on Lets Burn This City Down to skip to the good part of all this. I also just realized I made a He Is We reference by saying skip to the good part. lol I'm a tool.
Comment & Subscribe.