‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Lost All Direction

"So do you have any names in mind, Kay?" I giggled. Kay was having a harsh day so she came over for some girl time.. Only Jack and Rian were along. She had two big events going on in the same day. Her mom's funeral and she had a doctors appointment. While I was dealing with company, Alex and Madalynn were asleep upstairs.

"We're gonna name it after my brother, Dylan." she faintly smiled.

"No, we're gonna name it Jack! Girl or boy." Jack pouted.

"No." she rolled her eyes.

"Even if it's a girl?"

"Yes."

"I can't believe you both are having your third baby. Maybe forth.. But now we're just waiting for Alex to get Haley pregnant again." Rian laughed.

"No." I giggled. "Birth control is my best friend."

"I thought I was your best friend! Bitch." Jack narrowed his eyes at me.

"No Jack." I shook my head.

"Oh by the way, I'm pregnant with one. Not two this time." Kay added.

"That's go-" I stopped, hearing the cry of my baby coming from the upstairs. "Shit, I'll be right back guys." I stood up from the sofa, dashing up the steps to my bedroom where Alex and her was sleeping. She was crying and Alex was holding her, trying his best to calm her down. She stared at me and mumbled mama over and over while reaching for me.

I picked her up and bounced her around. She still wasn't feeling well. "I think she needs more medicine." he mumbled, stretching.

"She does." I nodded. I sat down on the edge of the bed and held her in my lap, gently patting her back. She rested her cheek against my collarbone and calmed down. I looked over at Alex, who was struggling to stay awake. He was also starting to feel a little sick and needed to rest before another tour picked up soon. "Lets go downstairs and get you some medicine and let Daddy sleep."

Alex nodded and gave me a brilliant smile. "I love you, Haley."

"I love you too, Alex." I giggled, standing up. I bent over and gave him a short, sweet kiss. "Get you some sleep, babe." I placed a kiss on his forehead and exited the room to let him sleep.

I continued down the stairs, holding tightly onto Madalynn. I lost my balance and stumbled forward, missing a step. I knew I was going to fall so I quickly turned to my back as I hit the stairs. I was going to do whatever I had to do to protect Madi. I slipped down the hardwood stairs, creating a loud banging noise. I had also hit my head hardly against the edge of a stair, making everything go dark.

Alex's POV:

I heard a loud thump coming downstairs and I assumed it was nothing until I heard Madalynn screaming at the top of her lungs and my name being yelled by Rian, Jack, and Kay. I shot out of the bed and to the stairs, feeling my heart drop and my stomach tie in knots at what was waiting for me.

Haley's body laid at the bottom at the stairs. Jack and Rian were crouched down next to her, trying to get her to become responsive. Kaylyn had Madi, trying to calm her screaming down. She was probably upset and scared.

I moved as fast as I could down the stairs to Haley, crouching over her. "Haley?! Baby?! Please, baby, please." I shook her. Jack and Rian backed off and Ri dialed 911. Something bad was happening and I wasn't ready to bear it. "Baby, wake up. Please baby, please. Don't leave me, please." I pleaded, stroking her cold cheeks with my thumbs.

"Alex, they're on their way." Rian said, looking down at me.

"Alex, bro, calm down." Jack touched my shoulder. I didn't realize that I was crying until he said something. In place of sadness, rage built up inside me.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down! My wife is unconscious god dammit!"

"Dadadada." Madalynn cooed, snapping my attention from Jack to her. I had completely forgot about her. I wasn't about to get up from Haley's side though, in fear that if I let go of her, she'll quit breathing.

"Kay, bring her to me." I croaked, reaching for her. Kay gave me a careful look, then gave Jack one. She wasn't sure to hand her to me or not. "Kay, I'm not fucking around. Let me have her!" She froze for a second then sprung closer, quickly handing Madi to me, then running to Jack's side. Rian had let the paramedics in and they flooded in, picking Haley's body up and putting it on a stretcher.

I stalked outside behind them, freezing my ass off since I was still in my boxers. I quickly moved back into the house and up the stairs, focusing on not falling myself. I set Madalynn down on the bed and moved like a mad man through my room, pulling on a pair of jeans and a shirt. I put my hoodie on, my shoes, leather coat, and a beanie over my head, then hurriedly dressed Madalynn warmly.

I picked her up and dashed back down the stairs and through the front door, finding Jack, Rian, and Kay standing on my front lawn in shock. I could hear the sirens of the ambulance down the street now, rushing Haley to the hospital. I flung open the back door of my car and set Madi in her car seat. "Alex, be careful." Jack called from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and shot him a cold glare. I successfully strapped my daughter in after a moment of a fight with her. She was upset, fussy, and sick.

"I will." I answered to Jack before I climbed into the driver's seat of my car.

When I got there, I had lost all direction. I carried Madi along with me through the hospital as I searched for the front desk of the emergency room. "Can I help you, sir?" a woman looked up from the desk.

"Oh, yeah, uh, I'm here to see Haley Gaskarth.." I mumbled.

"They just brought her in a few moments ago. You'll have to wait out here in the waiting room until a doctor or nurse is able to talk to you." she pointed to the seating area behind me. I nodded and shamefully walked to a empty seat.

I sat down and took a deep breath, looking at my daughter. She stared up at me with her big brown eyes that were identical to mine and gave me a small smile behind her pacifier. She was in a better mood now. "Dada?" she cooed, leaning her face closer to mine. She puckered her lips and kissed my cheek.

I returned a kiss to her forehead and pulled her tighter to me. "I love you, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
oh well.. what the fuck did I just do? this'll probably make me kick myself in the ass later, but it kinda lead up to something more that I have written into this. then I may bring this story to a closing. it's been a good run. c:
Comment & Subscribe.