‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Walking Disaster

Haley's POV:

In the darkness, everything is so vivid. I see people gathered in a unknown place. There's a girl wearing a gorgeous white dress with her arms linked with another man's as they walk down a narrow pathway. It's quite evident that its a wedding.

The girl had long brown hair with bouncy curls in it that fell delicately around her shoulders. She had the brightest smile out of anybody's there and she appeared to be in a hurry. When her and the man reached the end of the isle, he passed her off to another boy before taking his seat.

The other boy was stunning. Glimmering brown eyes, a warm smile, messy brown hair. He was slightly shaking as he folded his bride's veil back from her face. He held her hand and whispered a sweet little nothing in her ear. I was purely jealous of her. Then I lost that dream.

Alex's POV:

This was the first night I wasn't by Haley's side. I was taking a break to experience my baby's first Halloween. She was a lady bug. Something Haley had picked out for her a few days before she had her accident. I didn't dress up. I wasn't really up to my spirits, but I maintained a calm and happy attitude when dealing with Madi, but deep down, I wanted to fucking die.

I walked around the neighborhood with Madi, making random stops at houses. Jack and Kay were with us also, but we had parted somewhere. She wasn't too concerned with everything else. Her attention was on my beanie, that was pulled from my head and now being used as a toy. She was waving it around and beating me with it, giggling and smiling with it. I couldn't help but laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Dada!" she giggled, slapping me in the face with it.

"Madalynn!" I laughed. "What, baby?"

"Baa." she smiled and started panting like a dog. She was calling for Sebastian.

"Sebastian is at home, babe."

"Baa!"

"He's not here." I laughed and shook my head. "He'll be at home waiting for you."

"Dada." she hit me again with the hat. "Ja!" she pointed out, seeing Jack walking our way.

"Madi!" he replied. "Hey kiddo. Beating your daddy with his hat, I see. You're so his child."

"Oh thanks Jack." I rolled my eyes. "I guess she really does act a lot like me.."

"Duh, she's mischievous. Just like you."

"Haley is too."

"But only to you. She's your wife and she has no other choice than to be mischievous to get on your level." he smirked.

"God, I wish she was here." I sighed.

"We all do, Lex." he sighed also. "Kay went on home with Brey and Hayden. You gonna go home soon?"

"Yeah, I'm considering it. I'm a little exhausted."

"A little? Alex, you're a walking disaster. You've been sleeping in that chair for the past two weeks. You need sleep, bro. You know what? Let me take Madi tonight so you can get some rest, man. You need it before this tour picks up."

I sighed and nodded. I would accept as much of the help I could get. We'd be leaving for the UK the day after tomorrow. I'd be leaving Haley alone in the hospital in her lucid state she was in. She could hear me thank god, but I couldn't tell when she actually was. A couple days ago, I talked to her for hours, I sang to her, I even read her favorite book to her, even though I sucked terrible at reading.

"Alex? Earth to Alex?!" Jack snapped his fingers in front of my face. We were standing in my driveway. "Are you going to give me a ride home or not? I've been talking to you for the past five minutes and you're like a ghost."

"Sorry man, I was thinking." I sighed. I reached in my pocket and pulled out the keys to Haley's car. She would fucking kill me for this.. but I tossed them to Jack. "Take her car. Bring it back in the morning. Just don't fucking wreck it. I will murder you." I gave him a small smile.

"I will not. I'm a careful driver with my children or my best friend's child in the backseat."

"Sure you are." I rolled my eyes. "Alright Madi, you're gonna go with Uncle Jack for tonight, okay baby? I love you." I kissed her forehead.

"Mmm." she cooed, tightly squeezing me in attempt for a hug. "Dada."

"Daddy loves you, baby." I kissed her one more time. I took her to the backseat of Haley's car and strapped her into her car seat. "Behave. I will say this again for the third time, I love you. Bye bye." I waved to her.

"Bye bye!" she blew me a kiss.

"Well aren't you cute."

"Bye bye!"

I laughed and shut the door, stepping back. Jack got in the car and started it up, pulling out of the driveway carefully. I watched the black Cadillac disappear down my street before I walked into the house. I threw Madi's bucket of candy on the counter and went straight upstairs where I flopped down on bed, passing the fuck out.
♠ ♠ ♠
fillers. there's gonna be a lot of these. but things'll get better, I promise.
comment & subscribe.