‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Altercation

I had three days left on this tour before I went back to the states to be with Haley. I had this day off and I played a show tomorrow night. Then the next day I was flying back to Baltimore. Currently, my father's friend Samuel was nice enough to allow All Time Low band and crew to stay in his gigantic guest house. I was going to refuse the offer just so I could avoid any altercations with Rosalie, but my dad told me not to be a dick. Therefore, I was stuck in the rut.

"Hey Alex, are you coming with us? We're gonna go explore London." Zack said excitedly.

"Yeah Lex! You should come!" Brooklyn insisted.

I shook my head. Of all the wrong timings, Madi's fever came back. That put us sitting and resting other than exploring London with the rest. "Nah. I'd love to but Madi's fever is back. If we go anywhere, it'll be to see my brother or family."

"You have a brother?" Brooklyn raised her eyebrow.

"Shh." Zack warned.

"What?"

"It's alright Zack." I nodded. "I had a brother. He passed away a couple of years ago and he's buried here in London."

"Oh shit! Alex, I'm so sorry." she apologized.

"It's alright, Brooke."

"Well, we're gonna go." Zack spoke up, guiding his girlfriend towards the door. "Bye." he waved, pulling the door shut behind them.

I sighed and looked down at Madalynn, who was laying on me, fiddling with the necklace around my neck. "It's just me and you now, baby."

Her eyes left the necklace to study my face. She gave me a smile that was hidden behind her pacifier. She babbled something to me and giggled, patting me on the arm. "Dadee." she cooed. Something new she'd picked up.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you!" she imitated my words. I stopped breathing for a moment and smiled widely at her.

"Well aren't you getting wordy?" she giggled and smiled, hugging onto me. I hugged back and kissed her forehead. The moment was ruined by a knock at the door. Exactly what I was afraid of. I stood up, still holding Madi in my arms, as I approached the door. I opened it, finding what I didn't want on the other side. Rosalie. Her eyes darted between Madi and I, her expression changing from sincere to angry.

"Alex, what's this?" she spat.

"My daughter?"

"Since when did you have a kid?!"

"Since almost six months ago when my wife gave birth to her." I replied in a smart manner, feeling a little bad for being an asshole. Even though the whole ordeal between her and Haley happened nearly two years ago, I was quite still pissed off that it cause Haley and I to fight and argue.

"You're married too?" she stared at me with a hurt expression.

"Yeah, I am actually. Remember the girl that you told that she wasn't good enough for me? That I didn't want her? Well look. I wanted her. I got her."

"You're an ignorant fucker, Alex."

"How am I ignorant? As I recall, I didn't want you when we were younger because I had other things in my head other than silly girls. When we were older, I had a girlfriend and I always choose to remain faithful, though she couldn't do the same for me. Then when I met Haley, I had to have her. I brought her to the UK with me a month into our freaking relationship because I needed her with me. She helped me cope with my brother's death. And I wasn't about to let you come in and ruin the best relationship I had ever had." I sharply breathed, giving her a cold stare.

"She was pathetic looking, Alex!" she sighed.

"What? Because she was short and skinny? I happen to not be a tool and I judge people by their personalities and not by their size. People like you are the reason why girls are so insecure about their selves. Later Rose." I stepped back, slamming the door in her face. "You wanna go somewhere Madi?" I asked the small child in my arms, incompletely unfazed by what had just happened.

I took her into our room and dressed her warmly since it was the first of December and it was pretty cold outside. I knew I was making a bad choice by doing this while she was sick, but I needed to. I dressed warmly myself and I called for a cab.

When it was here, I left the house with Madi in my arms, bundled up in a coat and blankets. I gave the driver the destination and we set off towards it. It wasn't a long drive to where we was going so it was quick. My stomach flipped and flopped when I saw the entry gate to the cemetery. I payed the fare and got out of the taxi, slowly walking into the graveyard.

He was buried at the end of the first row. I walked along the line of tombstones until I found our last name written in big black letters on the polished tomb. I sat down in front of it and stared intently at it, wishing he would just come back up and assure me everything would be fine.

"Hey bro. It's been a while." I quietly said. I looked down at Madalynn, who was peacefully sleeping in her warm, safe, sanctuary. "I brought your niece to see you also." I nodded. I never realized how much I missed him until now. All the stress that was boiling up finally came out and I started to cry. "I wish you and Haley both would come back to me. You guys have no idea how much I miss you both." I sobbed more, burying my face into Madi's blanket.

I stayed like that for a long time. Just snuggling into Madi for the best comfort I could get. She was the only thing keeping me strong now.

My phone rang loudly, scaring the hell out of me. I took a deep breath and pulled it out of my pocket, looking at the contact. It was Haley's mom. "Tom, let this be good news." I said before I accepted the call. "Amanda?"

"Alex, she's up."
♠ ♠ ♠
Womp womp. I'm being such a bad kid.. I should be in bed right now, but instead I'm writing. c: I've neglected this for the week cause I've been so busy with guitar lessons, choir contests out the ass (we're going to state for the hard work though), and just that hell-hole I call school.
Comment & Subscribe.