‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

You're Safe

Alex's POV:

I held Haley's hand as we took small baby steps through the hallway of the hospital floor she was on. She was making a quick recovery just as the doctors had expected. The only thing putting her back was her balance and the fact she doesn't remember people.

I took her back to her room for some rest. She held on tightly to my arm as I led her to the bed. She crawled in and scooted over, patting the space next to her. In the last week, she had became familiar with me. She became attached and would lay on me, hug me, kiss me, just like she would before the accident. Though she couldn't remember half of our relationship.

I had pushed everyone away for the past week in order for her to start work on her recovery. Now I was fearing that no one would listen to me today since it was my twentieth birthday.

"Alex, what's today's date?" Haley asked, looking up at me with her soft brown eyes.

"December fourteenth." I smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Today," she gasped. "today is your birthday, isn't it?"

I was shocked that she had remembered that. "Yeah baby, it is."

"How old are you?" she stroked my face.

"Twenty."

"You're old." she giggled.

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes. "Madalynn is also six months old today."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I nodded, wrapping a blanket around her. She happily sighed and snuggled into my side.

"Happy birthday, Alex." she mumbled.

"Thanks, love. I love you."

"I love you too." she answered.

We stayed quiet for a long time. She had fallen asleep on me. I laid by her side and played with her hair. I also got to watch a rain shower outside the big windows. The silence, darkness, and rain was enough to put me to sleep.

I awoke several hours later to a crack of thunder and Haley clinging onto me for safety. "Whoa baby, you're safe." I tiredly told her, kissing her head.

"I know. I just hate it."

"I know you do, just-"

"Alex!" I heard my name called from the door. Jack pushed the door open and ran inside with Kay, Rian, Zack, and Brooke behind him. The volume had absolutely terrified Haley and she was now trying to hide again.

"Happy birthday!" everyone chanted.

Then everyone swamped Haley. None of them had any idea that she didn't know who they were. All they knew was that she was awake. I had been pretty distant with everyone lately.. The only time I talked to them was when I told them to stay away.

"Guys." I sternly said.

"Dada!" I heard Madalynn's singsong voice at the doorway. I turned, seeing Cassadee holding her. "Mama!"

Cassadee brought her to me. I sat her in between Haley and I and thanked Cass. "Hi baby." I said to her, ruffling her hair. "Haley, this is Madalynn."

"I don't remember her." she said quietly.

"You don't remember her? What?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"Haley's accident caused her to lose her memory." I casually answered him.

"Oh shit.." Kay's jaw dropped. "Will she get it back?"

"She will. It'll just take time. It'll just hit suddenly and she'll remember everything."

"Maybe we should go?" Jack rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah, let her rest." Rian agreed. "We'll catch you later Alex."

"Happy birthday, Lex." Brooklyn smiled as she followed Zack through the door.

"C'mon Mad." Jack said, attempting to pick Madi up.

"Nah, just leave her here." I told him.

He nodded and walked towards the door. "Bye guys."

"Later." I replied. He left and now we were alone. I must of missed something a few minutes ago. Madalynn was in Haley's lap, hugging onto her tightly. I smiled at their little reunion.

"She's precious, Alex." Haley giggled, kissing the top of Madalynn's head. "She looks a lot like you too."

"I hear this a lot." I laughed, putting my arm around them. "I love you both."

"I love you too, Alex." she giggled. "And I definitely know she loves you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Shitty filler. I'm gonna start skipping time periods guys. I've decided that I'm also going to bring out a sequel to this one too. I'm gonna do a little vote on what the name should be.
1. Who Could Deny These Butterflies
2. So In Love With You and No One Else
3. More Than I Bargained For
4. Arrogant Boy
Or unless you can give me a better lyric line from a song in Nothing Personal. I'd like to hear suggestions but. Yeah.. lol
Comment & Subscribe.