‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Hot and Bothered

Madalynn giggled uncontrollably as Alex pulled us through the snow on a sled. It was Christmas Eve and he was taking us to get a Christmas tree since he had no time to get it earlier with me being in the hospital. I was released from the hospital only thirty minutes ago. It was pretty late and it was dark now.

"How's this one look to you babe?" he stopped at a tree.

I examined the tree. It was as tall as he was and was a healthy shade of green. "I like it."

"Alright." he smiled, getting down on his knees in the snow to cut it down. After a few curse words and complaining, he got it cut down. "I should've just gotten a fake one. Now my knees are cold." he snorted.

I stood up from the sled, holding Madi in my arms. He put the tree into the sled and came to my side, wrapping his arms around Madi and I. We both moved closer to him because he was warm.

"But I'll do anything for my baby's first Christmas." he kissed the top of her head. "And anything now because you're back with me."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. I had so much affection towards Alex, I couldn't control it sometimes. He was the only one who made me feel safe after my accident. I can't remember much of the past still, but he bared with me. "You're sweet."

"Oh, I know." he winked, lacing his fingers through mine. With the ropes to the sled in one hand and holding my hand in the other, we walked back to the front of the Christmas tree farm. He payed for the tree then loaded it into the car while I strapped in Madalynn. He joined us inside the car and quickly turned on the heat, attempting to warm us up. "Now lets go home and decorate this puppy."

"Okay." I giggled.

We drove back home in a matter of a few minutes. I carried in Madi and unlocked the door while he pulled the tree inside. I sat her down and took her coat off then took off mine. I felt cold hands travel up my shirt, causing me to twist and fall into the floor. Madalynn giggled loudly and Alex joined in, helping me up to my feet. "Spaz much?"

"Your hands are cold though!" I pouted, shaking my head.

"Calm down, baby." he laughed and gave me a small kiss on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you too. ..Asshole."

"Lets decorate this tree!" he picked Madi up and grabbed my hand, pulling us over to the other side of the living room where our new Christmas tree was standing. He gave her to me so he could string some lights around it. "Hope to god I don't kill the electricity with these lights."

"Please don't" I giggled.

"I'll try not to." he said, wrapping them around the tree's branches. Once he had did it, he plugged them in. They turned on and shined brightly, flashing in different colors. Madalynn was intrigued by them. "What do you think, baby girl?" he smiled, taking her from me again.

She leaned forward, reaching for the lights. "Oooh."

"Pretty, huh?"

She looked up and giggled, babbling a few words I couldn't understand. Alex handed me a few decorations to hang on the tree. We put them all around the tree until we had ran dry of the ornaments. We stepped back to examine our work. The tree was colorful and very Christmas-y.

"It's pretty." I smiled, leaning against Alex.

"Not as pretty as you." he smirked, bumping our foreheads together. "Wait, you're not pretty. You're beautiful."

"Stop." I shook my head.

"You are, baby." he sighed. "I don't want your self-conscientious to come back."

"What?"

"Nevermind."

"Okay." I nodded.

"I lov-" he started to say. Madalynn cut him off by suppressing a loud yawn. "Tired, baby?" he laughed. She sighed and laid her head against his shoulder. "I take that as a yes. Bedtime for you!"

He took off up the stairs and I slowly followed him, trying to not lose my balance and fall down again. It was slightly scary for me. Memories of the moment it happened flashed behind my eyelids. When I reached the top step, I sat down and took deep breaths.

I remembered stumbling, missing a step, trying to save Madi from the hardwood stairs. I could remember being awake still, just unresponsive. Everyone at the bottom of the stairs screaming for Alex then Madalynn's fearful cries.

"Haley?" Alex touched my back, knocking the thoughts out of my mind. "Are you okay, love?"

"I need some air." I told him.

"Well lets go outside on the balcony." he smiled, grabbing my hands to pull me up. I stumbled again and he caught me before anything wrong could happen. "Fuck these stairs."

I laughed and allowed him to take me out the balcony where I could get some fresh air. He has brought a blanket outside to cover us up with. I snuggled up against him and tightly held the fleece blanket around us.

It was pretty outside. Snow was around the edges of the balcony and the stars and moon showed through the thin clouds. I breathed in the cold air and relaxed, looking up at Alex. He was looking back at me with a smirk on his face. He leaned in and kissed me passionately. After a few, sweet kisses, I had to break away for some air. "Mmm."

"I love you, Haley."

"I love you too, Alex." I replied, kissing him again. "Can you tell me something?"

"What's that, love?" he buried his face into my neck.

"Tell me about us. I rarely remember it."

"Well, to start it all off, I met you late September of my senior year of high school. You were just a junior. I met you when you were being strangled by some drunk dickhole. Then you and I went to Denny's and talked. Since then, we've been close." he paused to kiss me. "October fifteenth, I got the balls to ask you out. I did and you said yes. Our one month anniversary, we had sex for the first time. I took your virginity and I finally said that I loved you. Christmas, I gave you a promise ring and told you that I'd marry you one day. Valentines day, I proposed to you while we were in New York for when All Time Low got signed. I married you that summer on June twenty-fourth. Then on my nineteenth birthday, we conceived Madi and you had her three months early."

"Wow, that's a lot of stuff." I giggled.

"It is. But I love every second of our history."

"Having Madi complimented everything."

"Our little family." he smirked. "I love having her."

"I want another baby." I leaned my head against his chest.

"We should probably wait until she's about two before we have another."

"Why?"

"I don't know." he shrugged. "So we can focus on her right now."

"Okay." I nodded. I stroked his face and kissed him another time. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." he smiled, pulling my lips back to his. He pulled me into his lap and held me tightly against him as he kissed me vigorously. His hands traveled down my legs, up and down my back, into my shirt. He kissed my neck, sending small moans out of my mouth. I reached for the bottom of his shirt, lifting it up. "Babe," he groaned. "Don't do anything you don't want to do."

"What?" I pulled away, staring at him.

"You're getting me all hot and bothered." he smirked, bringing his lips back to mine.

"I still don't get what you're saying." I giggled.

"Well I guess I can show you better than I can tell you." he said, scooping me up into his arms. He took me back into the bedroom, laying me on this abnormally soft bed. He pulled his shirt off and crawled on top of me, kissing my neck. He reached for my shirt and pulled it off of my body also. He then covered my body in kisses. He had also unbuttoned my jeans and he wasn't hesitating to pull them off.

In return, I reached for his belt buckle. After fumbling around with it, I got it undone and unbuttoned his tight jeans. He took them off and kissed me more. He tore off what was left on me and him. Before he took anymore action, he reached over to the nightstand and grabbed something. After a few seconds of cursing, he returned his lips back to mine. "What are you going to do, Alex?" I asked him, running my fingers through his messy hair.

"Make you feel good." he breathed. "Just hold on."

I nodded and gulped, waiting for him to do whatever he was going to do. Once he did, I moaned loudly. "Oh my god." I whispered as he kept doing what he was doing. "Alex." I whimpered.

"I missed that." he mumbled back. "Baby- oh fuck."

I dug my fingernails into his back and moaned louder by each time he would thrust into me. His name was moaned the most than anything else. He had to constantly tell me to hush because of my volume. I couldn't help it. It felt too damn good!

"Alex," I whimpered as I felt close. "Alex, please."

"I'm close babe." he groaned.

"Alex!" I whimpered again as my body began to shake. "I love you." I cried, gripping onto him.

He stayed on top of me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my jaw. "I love you too, baby."

"That was amazing." I gasped for air.

"Pretty good for the first time in a few months." he smirked, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Lets go to sleep now?"

"I'm perfectly fine with that." he yawned. "I love you, baby. Night."

"I love you too, Alex." I sighed, shutting my eyes to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, this is shitty, I know. It's like 3:20 AM and I am effing exhausted. I stayed up late to get this out because I may not be able to update this week. I am on spring break, but I'll be in Kansas City for vacation. I will be able to write and update from my iPod maybe or if we're lucky, sweet talk Jaimee to update for me. Let me know what you think. c: