‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

What A Evening

New Years Eve, 10:15 PM

Before I put my dress on for some new years eve party Alex and I were going to, I stood in front of the mirror, examining my body. I found myself doing this a lot. I guess I was just trying to get familiar with my body again. I traced my reflection, taking in all that I could. Something caught my attention though. I had a scar on my stomach, below my bellybutton. I turned, looking at Alex, who had just entered the room.

"Alex?" I quietly asked, trying my best not to let him hear the worry in my voice.

"Yeah, babe?" he looked up, smiling at me.

"What's this?" I pointed to the scar.

"That's from when you had your appendix removed."

"I had surgery?!"

"Yes, love." he nervously laughed. "On my eighteenth birthday. You don't remember that night, do you?"

"Alex, there's a lot of shit I don't remember." I sighed. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry, baby. I forget that you can't remember things sometimes." he moved closer to me, placing his hands on my hips. "That night was one of the best nights for me. You went out of your way to throw a big ass surprise party for me. It was crazy. Then you took me upstairs and things got hot and you took me by surprise. Then right as I tried to undress you, you started crying in pain. We ended up having to go to the hospital and you got your appendix removed. Now that part sucked. Fucking cockblock."

"Oh." I blushed. "I'm sorry it cockblocked you."

"it's okay. I got great makeup sex afterwards." he smirked and tickled my side. I shrieked and fell to the ground, laughing my face off.

"Alex, you dick!" I giggled.

"Haley, can you be honest with me over something?" he sat down in the floor next to me and pulled me into his lap.

"Well, if I know the answer to it."

"Well, can you tell me if you actually remembered me whenever you woke up?"

"Vaguely. While I was in my coma, I had some dreams. I can't describe them because they were dull. But what I can remember is your smile. And the first thing I noticed about you when I saw you again was your smile. I had to let realization sink for a second. I was slightly terrified at first but I knew I could trust you and that you weren't going to hurt me." I told him, looking up to see his expression. "I remember some things now though. Like when I came up the stairs my first day home, I remembered the accident. I remembered being awake while everyone was shouting, then you coming down and your attempt to get me to respond."

"Really?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, that's why I needed air the other night. When we stepped out onto the balcony?"

"Yeah, I remember." he nodded. "We should probably get ready. I don't want to piss off Kay for not being on time. She's pregnant and very angry."

I giggled and shook my head. "You're mean."

"I feel sorry for Jack." he kissed my cheek. "I'm kidding. Love that girl to death."

He stood up and helped me back to my feet. "Alex?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"I love you," I giggled, standing on my tip toes to kiss him.

He smirked and kissed back. "I love you too."

I went back to what I was doing before the scar struck my curiosity. I put on a black dress Alex had helped me pick out from the closet earlier. It was short, tight, black, and showed off my back. I slipped on some heels to match and put on my key pendant.

When I finished, I turned to view Alex's progress. He was dressed in a tux. I couldn't help but admire him. He was absolutely gorgeous in anything he wore. "What?" he smirked.

"Oh nothing." I blushed. "You just look highly attractive."

"Thanks, love. You look highly gorgeous yourself." he laughed.

"Thank you." I giggled. He held his hand out for me to take and I took it, allowing him to lead me down the hallway to where Madalynn's room was.

She was sound asleep in her crib. Alex picked her up carefully and held her in his arms. We were taking her with us tonight. Quietly, we went down the stairs and put our coats on at the doors before we went out into the freezing cold to get into the car.

On our way there, I looked out the window, trying to recall where we were going. Alex said we were going to Kay's brother's. I had no idea who that was.

When we were there, we got out and went straight for the front door. Alex rang the door bell a couple of times and put his arm around my waist, pulling me to his side to keep me warm while we waited for someone to let us in.

The door flung open and before my eyes, a red-headed girl engulfed me in a hug. "Haley!"

"Oh! Kay?" I quietly said, hoping I had the right person. I hadn't been around anyone but Alex since my release from the hospital.

"Yes Haley, it's me, Kay." she giggled. "Come inside, you three."

"Kay, can I put Madi upstairs?" Alex asked from behind me.

"Yeah, go ahead." she told him. "I'll take Haley into the kitchen."

"Okay. I'll be right back, love." he told me before he swiftly headed up the stairs.

I let Kay take me to the kitchen where several people were. Whoever they were, they knew me. Kay had whispered their names in my ear so I didn't look like an idiot when they addressed me. Rian, Zack, Brooklyn, Jenna, Dylan, Cassadee, Danny, Matt, and Kara.

Everyone but the girl named Kara knew about my accident, apparently. She approached me and gave me a giant hug that I swore cut off my air supply. "Haley! Oh my god, it's so good to see you again!"

"Kara." I heard Alex say from the doorway. His voice was warning her. "If anyone hasn't told you yet, Haley had an accident that caused her to not be able to remember some of her past."

"Haley, I'm so sorry." she apologized.

"It's okay." I quietly spoke. "Hi Kara."

"Hey." she giggled.

"Where's your dick ass husband, Kay?" Alex laughed, pouring himself a drink. Everyone had turned and gave him a harsh glare. "What?"

"Before anyone gets angry at Alex for bringing him up, remember that he's been taking care of Haley for the past month." Kaylyn said to everyone. They all nodded in response and stayed quiet. "Alex, Jack and I broke up almost a month ago."

"What?!" his jaw dropped. "But everything was fine on my birthday.."

"That's when everything went to shit." she sighed. "Before he checked out some slutty cashier and flirted with her in front of me."

"You didn't need that dickhead anyway." Dylan calmly spoke, taking a drink from his glass.

"Dee, I might. Note the fact I'm pregnant with his third child."

"Kay, you're pregnant again? Holy shit I've missed a lot!" Kara piped. "What else have I missed?"

"Haley and I have a baby now." Alex spoke, also listening to whatever Danny was telling him.

"Aw! Is it a girl or a boy?" she turned to me.

"A girl."

"What's her name?"

"Madalynn.." I paused, trying to think of her middle name.

"Renae." Rian reminded me, giving me a pat on the back.

"Yes! Madalynn Renae."

"She's a cutie too." Jenna said. "She looks exactly like Alex."

"Yup." Brooklyn agreed.

"So I'm probably going to end up completely hammered after tonight." Alex laughed, coming up behind me and he put his arms around my waist protectively.

"We all know what happens when you get hammered, Alex." Zack smirked.

"Zack, we're not going to talk about that."

"Oh yes we are. Haley, I'm gonna spill one of your husband's darkest secrets." he laughed. "While on tour recently, Alex got really hammered and fell asleep in the hotel lobby. He started crying because he thought he was lost or we had forgot him."

"That was the greatest phone call of my life." Rian laughed along with everyone else.

"I had to go get him. It was hard not to be mad at him. I seriously laughed my fucking ass off though!" Matt added.

"Fuck you guys." Alex scoffed. "Just don't let me forget where I am, okay?" he mumbled in my ear and kissed my neck.

"No, I'm going to let you cry and think you're lost just so I can get a fucking laugh at of it too!" I giggled.

"Psh, bitch!"

The doorbell rang, causing everyone to stop what they were doing and face the front of the house. "Did you invite anyone else Kay?" Dylan asked her.

"No, everyone's here I think." she said, stopping to mentally cross people off her list. "That's everyone."

"Well since we're all just going to stare at the door, I'll just get it and see who it is." Alex shook his head and walked off towards the door. My natural instincts kicked in and I followed him, holding onto his arm. He pulled open the front door to see who I thought was Jack and a skinny blonde on his arm. "Oh fuck. Kay?!" Alex called for her.

"Alex, don't be a fucking dick. Just let me in." Jack spat at him. He already appeared to be pissed off and Alex seemed to be making it worse on him.

"Jack?! What the fuck are you doing here?" Kay hissed behind us, shoving Alex and I out of the way. "And you really have the nerve to bring your new tramp to my house that you were completely uninvited to? You're fucking low!"

"I'm fucking low?! You broke up with me for no god damn reason!"

"I didn't break up with you, you broke up with me you idiot!"

All their bickering gave me a huge headache. Even after Alex and I went back into the kitchen. I squeezed my eyes shut and leaned my forehead against Alex's shoulder. "Alex, make it stop."

"Make what stop, love?" he kissed my head. "After all this ends, you and I will do our own thing tonight. Okay?"

"Oka-" I started, but stopped mid sentence. The shouting was too much now. I couldn't take it. I forcefully pushed Alex away from me and covered my ears with my hands. The headache was intense now. I got fed up and grabbed Alex's hand, pulling him into the living room where they were arguing. "Can you two just fucking put a cork in it?! Jesus fucking Christ! There's children upstairs asleep. I just came out of a coma a fucking month ago and loud sounds hurt! Just shut the fuck up please!" I growled at them.

Jack shot me a glare and so did the blonde on his arm. "Shut up and mind your own business Haley."

"Jack, you shut up!" Kay replied in a quieter tone. "Be considerate of your children and Haley."

"She needs to mind her own damn business."

"How the fuck am I supposed to mind my own god damn business when you two are fucking yelling at each other, giving me a killer headache!?" I yelled back at him. He stared at me blankly as he tried to find the answer. "Yeah, no answer huh?!"

"Just shut the fuck up and go away, Haley." he narrowed his eyes at me.

Alex stepped in front of me, now pissed off by the way Jack spoke to me. "Jack, I'm asking you nicely. Calm the fuck down and quit yelling. It's unneeded. You two can work out your differences without yelling. If you get the cops called down here by neighbors, we're all fucking screwed. There's a shitload of alcohol in the kitchen and we're all underage and we have our children upstairs. Just calm down so nothing bad happens."

"What part of mind your own business do you people not understand?"

"Alex," I whined. "can we go?"

"I was just thinking about leaving myself, love." he said, towing me towards the front door. "Put your coat on while I go get Madi."

"Okay." I nodded, doing what I was told.

When he returned, he dashed out the front door with Madi. I followed him out and got into the car while he put her into her car-seat. He got into the driver's side and started the engine, putting the car in reverse, then taking off up the street.

I looked at the clock on the dashboard, seeing it was now 11:53 PM. "What a evening." he sarcastically said.

"I know right." I sighed. "Where are we gonna go now?"

"Maybe you'll remember."

"Funny, Alex."

"I'm actually being serious." he laughed.

He stopped at a park just down the street from where we were just at. "The park?"

"Yep. The park. I'm gonna cover Madalynn up in some blankets and grab a couple for you and I, then we can chill on the hood of my car." he said, sliding out of the car.

He covered her up like he said he would and met me at the front of his Range Rover. He helped me onto the hood of it then got on it himself. He let me wear his coat and he wrapped me up in a blanket, holding me tightly against his side.

"Alex, who was that girl with Jack?" I asked him.

"Lisa, my ex girlfriend. Which I am seriously going to kick his ass for."

"You like her still, don't you?" I let my lips turn into a frown.

"No, no, no, baby. I absolutely dislike her. I'm way past over her." he sighed. "Look, you're my girl now. The best girl I've ever met. I have married you, haven't I?"

"I guess." I nodded. "She looked dumb anyway."

He erupted in laughter. "You've got no idea, babe." he smiled and shook his head. "Am I going to get my new year kiss? And promise you're not gonna throw up on me?"

"What?" I giggled.

"Last year, you were pregnant with Madalynn. You were at the first stages and shit and you were constantly puking. Midnight dropped and I spun you around and kissed you. The next moment, you were throwing up all over me." he smirked.

"I promise not to throw up on you this time."

"Good." he said, looking out into the distance. Firecrackers were being popped as the clocks hit midnight. He turned his head and leaned down, giving me a soft, sweet, lustful kiss. "Happy new year, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
ello guys, I'm back from my small vacation. I worked all day long on this so I hope you like it. I also found some time to work on the sequel's layout page and get that all opened up for y'all. You Are My Only One yep, that's it!
Comment & Subscribe