‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Washed Up Prom Queen

I was back in Baltimore now while Alex was a thousand miles away on a spring tour. I went home to Maryland to keep Kaylyn company, though I barely saw her myself. I was feeling run down and tired half of the time, so I barely made it out. Chasing Madalynn around was enough to wear me out. I had to keep her from pulling the pots and pans from the kitchen cabinets now, since it became such a task for me to wash and put away again. I also had to keep her from chasing Sebastian down and squeezing him too hard in a death hug.

On top of that, I was suffering from extreme PMS. Every little thing Alex would text me or say to me over the phone upset me. I was currently giving him the silent treatment and I was ignoring all his phone calls. Madi gave me an annoyed glance, telling me I was being foolish.

I waited for his next call and answered it. "Hello?"

"Why do you keep ignoring me? I don't know what I did wrong." he sighed in frustration.

"Alex, I'm sorry." I burst out in tears. "I'm just so sorry, please don't hate me."

"Love, I don't hate you. I just wanna know what I've said or done to upset you."

"You didn't do anything. Everything's bothering me."

"What's up, love?" he asked.

"I feel so run down and tired. I have no help with Madi. I miss you like crazy, Alex."

"Well, you and Madi should get a plane out to Ohio. I'll be there in a couple of days and I'll have about three days off. You can get some rest and I can watch Madi. We could take her to the zoo, also. You could always fly with Kay. She's coming to bring the boys to see Jack. Please, baby?"

I didn't hesitate. I wanted to be with him so badly. "Okay."

"I'll book you a flight, okay? I love you, please, please stop crying."

Now that pissed me off again. "All I can do is fucking cry, Alex! I can't stop!" I yelled and hung up. I turned my phone off and threw it on the table. I stood up and walked over to Madalynn, who was sitting the floor playing with blocks. I stomped into the kitchen and put her into her high chair, pouring Cherios on the table in front of her. I threw the box back on the counter and groaned. "Your daddy is such a dick!"

"Daddy!" she giggled, throwing her hands up. She began to clap and I couldn't help but smile. She was a mini Alex and always made it hard to stay mad.

"You're silly, baby." I giggled and shook my head, turning around to look for me my own food. Something setting on the counter caught my attention. My birth control wheel. I coughed uncontrollably as I picked it up, looking to make sure I had every single pill taken on time. Luckily, I did. But another scary thought crossed my mind. My period. I had what I thought was one, but it was very light, nothing like the normal.

I took a deep breath and turned to Madi. "Baby, hurry and eat your Cherios while mommy goes to get dressed, okay?"

She nodded and gave me a grin, showing off the only two front teeth she had. I booked it up the stairs and into the bedroom, putting on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and shoes. I grabbed my I.D. and ran back down the stairs, making sure I didn't miss a step and fall again. I picked up a set of car keys and went back into the kitchen to get Madalynn. I picked her up and headed straight for the door.

I strapped her into the car seat in Alex's car and I got in, pulling out of our driveway in an instant. I drove to the nearest pharmacy and got Madi out, quickly walking into the store. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down as I walked through the isles, looking for that certain item I needed. I grabbed a pregnancy test off the shelf without looking and retreated to the register.

I sat my purchase down on the counter and pulled money from my pocket. "Haley Maddox?" the voice of the clerk said, causing me to snap my eyes up. I haven't been called Haley Maddox in at least two years so it was a little shocking to hear. There stood a washed up prom queen, head cheerleader slash bitch. Lauren Bates. She gave me hell my first day of our senior year in Dulaney, also being one of the main reasons I switched schools.

"Oh hey Lauren." I nodded. My confidence dropped. Fuck.

"How are you?" she grimaced at the pregnancy test, then looked back up at me. "Who's this?" her eyes flicked over to Madalynn.

"I'm fine." I nodded. "This is my daughter."

"She's a cutie. What's her name?"

"Madalynn."

"Who's the dad?" she let out a laugh.

"Alex Gaskarth." I scoffed. "Can you please like, hurry? I have to get this to a friend."

"Oh I'm sure some random stranger knocked you up and you're too afraid to admit that it's yours."

"This child is Alexander Gaskarth's child. I've been married to him for almost two fucking years." I pushed the money towards her. "And yeah, it's mine. I don't see how it's any of your god damn business."

She stayed quiet, handing me back my change. I took the sack and exited quickly. I put Madi back into the car and got back in, driving us the short distance back home.

When we were in, I took her upstairs and put her in her room to play while I figured out what I thought was wrong. I went into the bathroom and read the directions on the box. Luckily it was digital and I wouldn't have to put up with having to read the stupid lines.

I took the test and set the timer on my phone. I had to find something to do between time. I ended up braiding my hair for the time being. The alarm went off and I jumped, walking over to pick up the test.

Negative.

Thank God.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is a little shitty, but I wanted to get this out tonight. And I was kinda rushed on this. c:
Comment&Subscribe.