‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

It's Honesty

A week went by and Alex's tour ended. We went back to Baltimore and I had worked out plans to have lunch with my sister and my mom after that terrible dream I had that night in the hotel room.

Alex drove along the highway, in route to a restaurant my sister and told us to go to. I sat quietly in the front seat, tapping my fingers on my legs to the beat of the radio. I would occasionally turn my head to the backseat to see an empty car seat. Madi was with Alex's parents for the afternoon while we went out for lunch, since they haven't really seen her much.

He parked the Range Rover in a parking lot of the restaurant with a funny name. I couldn't even pronounce it, nor did I even attempt to try. Without anymore sound, we got out of the car and I made it to his side, holding onto his hand tightly as we walked to the door.

My mother, Giovanni, Bella, and some boy I never saw before stood at the door, appearing to be waiting on Alex and I. Bella was holding the hand of the unknown boy and my mother was chatting with my step-dad. When they saw us, they all turned and smiled.

"Haley, Alex, it's good to see you two." my mother said first, pulling me into a tight hug then passed me on down the line to Giovanni and Bella.

"Haley, this is my new boyfriend Joshua." Bella told me, introducing me to him.

"Hi Joshua." I greeted him.

"Hello, Haley." he shook my hand.

"This is my husband, Alex." I looked up at Alex, giving him a small smile.

"Hey man." Joshua shook Alex's hand also.

"Well lets go eat." Bella said, nodding towards the door. "I'm hungry!"

"Me too!" I agreed, yanking Alex in behind me.

"You two are both definite reproductions of Amanda." Giovanni joked.

"You're funny hun." my mom rolled her eyes.

We got a table and went to sit down. A small conversation was held while we placed our orders into the waitress. Like it was a routine, she hit on Alex and Josh was her victim too. Bella and I glared at her as she flashed Alex and Josh a flirty smile.

"Alex, I love you." I bitchily said, lacing my fingers through his on the tabletop in front of her as she placed our drinks in front of us. A fearful expression formed on her face and she darted away. "Idiot."

Alex just smirked and laughed. "You know, babe. I've been dealing with flirts since I was sixteen. I'm so used to them, I ignore it. But I love you too."

"What job do you have and where can I sign up?" Josh joked, causing everyone to laugh but Bella and I.

She rolled her eyes before she spoke. "Babe, I don't think I told you this or not. Alex is also a musician."

"No way! Seriously?"

"Yeah." she nodded. "Alex, Josh is a musician too."

"Nice man, what do you play?" Alex nodded.

"I play the guitar, piano, and I do lead vocals in the band I'm in. You?" Josh grinned.

"I've got lead guitar and lead vocals in my band."

"Sweet. What's your band called?"

"All Time Low."

"Really? I think I saw you guys back in September. With We The Kings, right?"

"Haley, the men in our lives are forming a bromance. I can feel it." Bella nudged me and gave me a tiny laugh. "So how's my little sister been doing?" she put her arm around me, giving me a tight squeeze.

"I've been doing okay." I told her, now ignoring Alex and Josh's conversation about music. "How's my older sister been? You are going to be twenty-one next month. You're turning into an old woman!"

"No! Screw you Haley!" she rolled her eyes. "Mrs. 'I'm twenty years old but I still look seventeen.' I don't know how you do it, Hails. You've had a freaking baby, and you still look absolutely perfect. Tell me your secrets, now."

"I have no secrets really. My pregnancy didn't last a full term like it's supposed to. Before I could even get big, I had her." I shrugged. "And just because I look seventeen doesn't mean anything!"

"Oh it means a lot." she laughed.

We stopped talking as the flirty waitress returned with our food. She set it down in front of us and smiled nervously at us. We politely said thank you to her and nodded her away. Alex and Josh were still carrying on their conversation that somehow turned from music to superheroes.

"Anyway, how have you been Bell?" I asked her, taking a bite out of my chicken salad.

"I've been good." she nodded. "I'm turning my life around, babe! I have a drink every little now and then, but it's not constant anymore. I've also quit stripping. Life is so much better without that shit."

"That's good! What made you do it?"

"Believe it or not, Josh."

"What about me?" he dropped in, Alex pausing mid sentence to hear in also.

"I was just telling Haley about how I quit all my bad habits."

"Ah, well carry on then." he smiled, turning back to Alex.

Before Alex continued, he gave me a sexy smirk and stared at me for a second. He looked so appealing then and there and I couldn't have him. "Asshole." I muttered under my breath, looking up at my mom.

"So, Haley. How are you?" she smiled.

"I'm good, how's things going with y-"

I got cut off by Giovanni's cell phone. He reached for it in his pocket and pulled it out to answer. He exchanged a few swift words with whoever was on the other end and hung up. "We've gotta go, Amanda. Work needs me."

My mom frowned. "Can I tell Haley what needs to be said first?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Oh! Before you two leave, I have something to say also." Bella added.

"Okay." my mom nodded. "Haley, I don't want you to be upset. I got a phone call a few weeks ago from a man named Daniel Williams. I haven't spoken to him in nearly nineteen years. I really don't want you to be upset about this Haley, but he's your father."

I tiny gasp escaped my lips. My father? What! "How the hell?"

"Let me get this explanation out to you now." she bit her lip. "Now, I was only fifteen when I had Bella with Rob. Rob and I were having problems in our relationship after Bella turned one so we split. We were still occasionally seeing each other because of school and because of your sister. I got with Daniel for awhile, but he was using me for sex. I didn't figure that out until I found out I was pregnant with you in February. Then I went back to Rob where we both fixed our issues. We had you and he adopted you as his own and raised you, baby. We married soon after and I found him cheating on me with my best friend soon after. That's why I left. But Dan, he never tried. He would occasionally stop by and say 'Hi kid' and leave."

"Oh.." I gave her a strange look. "Okay." I looked over at Alex, who had a shocked facial expression. "So what does he want from me?"

"He wants to meet you." she said, giving me a small smile.

"Alright. When?"

"I don't know. I'll speak to him about it."

"Okay."

"Wow, Haley didn't overreact?" Bella jokingly said. "That's a first."

"Shut your trap, Bella." I rolled my eyes. "There's nothing to be mad over, really. It's honesty and I really wasn't lied to. But on to your big news."

"Okay!" she giggled. "Guess what!"

"What?" we all said at the same time.

"I'm pregnant!" she grinned in Josh's direction.

He looked a little shocked, but he smiled back. "Funny story." he laughed, standing up from his seat. He eased down to his left knee and pulled out a ring box from his pocket. "Marry me Bella."

"Oh my fucking fuck. Yes!" she grinned, attacking him in a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm cutting it off short. I'm lazy. I really wanna get started on this bloody last chapter so I can start the sequel, if that's cool with everyone else. And if you follow me on Tumblr, you may or may not know that chapter 44 was deleted by this sorry son of a bitch, mibba and the idiot I am, didn't save it. So I am chapter 44-less. That being said, if you need a summary of it, ask box it on Tumblr ask or leave a comment. Also, another issue brought across. I thought of bringing a new image of Haley to the 3rd installment. new Haley? Let me knoooooow.
Comment & Subscribe.