‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Twinning

"Haley?" a soft voice asked, shaking my arm lightly.

"Mmm," I groaned, twisting around in the bed. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was in Alex's room of the apartment, with him by my side, wrapped up in the warm blankets.

"Wake up, I don't want to be late for my ultrasound." Kay said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Okay." I mumbled, trying to pull out of Alex's grasp. "Alex, let me go."

"Nuh." he tightened his grip around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Alexander William!" I slapped his arm.

"What?" he sat up, glaring at me with his warm brown eyes.

"Let go of me, I need to get ready."

"For?"

"Kay's ultrasound." I answered, pushing my legs over the edge of the small bed. "Jeez, don't you remember things?"

"No." he laughed. "May I come with you guys?"

"I don't know, ask Kay. She's the pregnant one."

"Hmm, okay." he nodded, getting out of bed. "I'm changing first."

"We fell asleep last night and didn't change.." I looked down, realizing I was still in the black dress I wore the evening of my birthday. "Ehh it's cold." I skipped across the room, forcing myself in his arms.

"Yeah, and it's rainy." he looked out the window.

"Joy."

"Hey, rain is good. It helps you sleep." he smiled, looking through his closet for clothes.

"I think I've done enough sleeping lately." I detached myself from him to look for clothes in my bag. I found a floral shirt with white, pink, green, and blue flowers and a leather jacket. I took off the dress quickly and put on the shirt and jacket and a pair of denim jeans. I stared at myself in the mirror for a second before I fixed my hair and makeup.

"Sleeping a lot since I'm not around?" he asked, catching my attention in the corner. He had his shoes and jeans on, holding a white shirt in his hand. "What?"

My eyes traveled from his, down his chest, to his stomach. Abs were showing in the plains of his stomach, something that he never had before. "Getting abs now I see?"

"Oh yeah! I've been working out with Zack. Wanna touch them?!" he ran across the room, brushing his body against me.

"Not really." I laughed, turning my attention back to my reflection. He grabbed my hand and placed it on his stomach.

"I'm proud of these." he smiled and shook his head.

"You're such a idiot. It's hard."

"That's what she said." he leaned over, and kissed my cheek.

"Stop it." I rolled my eyes, pushing him away.

"You're mean."

"Tell someone who cares."

"Hurry up and quit primping. You're gonna make Kay late for her ultrasound." he stuck his tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes again, finishing up my hair. "Why're you wanting to come?"

"For one, I don't wanna be stuck here alone. Then I kinda wanna see the little thing." he shrugged. "I think it'll help me a little."

"Oh. Lets go." I giggled, turning towards the door.

We walked to the living room to find Kay sitting on the sofa, drinking a glass of tea. "Hi."

"Ello, are you ready to see tiny Barakat?" I giggled, plopping down next to her.

"Yeah totally. Alex, are you coming with us?"

"If you don't mind." he shrugged, looking at her with pleading eyes. "If you don't mind."

"No, please. Come!" she got up and waddled to the door. "Lets go!"

"Someone's excited." he laughed, lacing my fingers through his.

"She gets to see the little thing growing inside her. You'd be excited too."

"But nothing would be growing inside of me." he shook his head. "I can't get pregnant."

"Be lucky, Alex." she rolled her eyes. "Back pains, mood swings, cravings. It fucking sucks!"

"Thank you God for what I have in my pants." he looked up at the sky as we walked to the parking lot.

"You're such an ass." she shook her head. "I have the keys to Jack's car, shall we take it?"

"I have the keys to the Mustang, we should take that." he pointed to the blue car parked next to Jack's gay little Prius. "And I can drive."

"Okay." she nodded, pulling open the passenger door to the Mustang. I squeezed into the backseat and buckled up, watching Alex stick the key in the ignition.

He drove us to the hospital where she had her appointment. Hospitals gave me the fucking creeps. I drug my feet while looking at the large building, now dreading the insides. "What's wrong?" Alex mumbled in my ear.

"Hospitals fucking creep me out." I bit my lip, getting flashbacks of all the unpleasant times I've been to a hospital. When I was goofing off with Alex on the swings, when I had appendicitis and found out I was pregnant, then when Alex got stabbed this summer. No. I didn't like them at all.

"It's okay, baby. It's not us under the gun this time." he smirked at Kay, who was giving him a deadly stare.

"Haley, I'm going to punch your husband in his vagina if he doesn't shut up." she narrowed her eyes at us, turning to a nurse at the desk.

"She's been with Jack too long."

"Alex, shut your face." I placed my hand over his mouth so he couldn't say anymore.

He smiled and bit my index finger, making me wince away in pain. "Sorry."

"Go to hell." I grumbled, rubbing the little indention his teeth left on my finger.

"I said I was sorry." he frowned, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I leaned my head back and rested it against his shoulder. "You said I was the mean one. I don't bite."

"Just getting even."

"You make it hard to stay mad."

"It's the charm." he gave me a charming smile.

"Fuck you." I rolled my eyes, walking towards a waiting chair next to Kay, who had walked away without us noticing.

"Okay, what time and where?"

"Alexander William." I shook my head, setting down next to her. "Kay, I'm going to help you hurt him."

"This isn't fair." he said, setting down.

"It perfectly is fair."

"No."

"Yes."

"No." he disagreed again.

"Shut up." I covered his mouth with my hand again. "Bite me, I'll cut little Gaskarth off."

"With a spoon." Kay added to my threat.

"Fucking fuck. Not the crown jewels." he laughed.

"Kaylyn Rivers?" a nurse called out. Kay, Alex, and I stood up and followed her down the hallway to a small room with a shelf and a computer in the corner.

Alex and I stood awkwardly in the corner. The nurse asked Kay to pull her shirt up to expose the small baby bump. She then started to ask her a thousand questions on how things have been going along in her pregnancy and when she might think she conceived. She soon left and a doctor came in, asking Kay the same exact questions.

I leaned against Alex as I waited for the exciting part: seeing baby Barakat. When it all came down to the doctor spreading the clear jelly on her stomach, my heart beat rapidly in excitement for Jack and Kay. Alex and I watched as the doctor slipped the camera over the jelly on her stomach, then a black and white picture appeared on the little screen.

The doctor was silent for a minute, which brought some uneasy tension between all of us. "Um, congrats Miss Rivers, it appears you're having twins."

"Holy fuck." Alex whispered in shock. I was shocked just as well, and by the look on Kay's face, she was horrified.
♠ ♠ ♠
hahah I pulled a Jersey Shore reference on the title.
I know this is shit, but hey. It's just a update. Better stuff will be moving forward in the future.
Comment & Subscribe.