‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Deceit

I was bored on a Friday night. I had nothing to do. Alex and I had been apart for 7 weeks now. It sucked when I had to leave him behind in California. I do admit, I enjoyed every moment I had with him and the guys. Something I hadn't had in along time. Jack had taken the news of the two baby Barakats very well. He was sad when his two children and fiance left back to Baltimore with me.

But they finished their album and put it out. So Wrong, It's Right contained beautiful songs Alex wrote. Now they were on tour with no sign of them coming to the Baltimore area anytime soon. I finally came so bored with myself that I picked my phone up to call him.

"So where're you playing at tonight?" I asked Alex, who was across the United States.

"We're not playing a show tonight. But we're in Seattle tonight and we'll play tomorrow night."

"Why not?"

"It's Halloween." he laughed. "Did you lose track of the date or something?"

"Oh fuck! I didn't think about it." I sighed. "So what's your plans for tonight since you know mine."

"We got costumes and candy, so we're going to go stand on a street corner and hand out the candy."

"You know what? Since it's Friday, I think I'll just call Brooklyn and Kay and have a fucking sleepover." I sat up from the bed, putting on my shoes.

"Girls night? I'll leave you alone then." I heard a smile in his voice. "Let me know how that goes."

"I don't want you to."

"Fine, I won't leave you alone then. I'll annoy the fuck out of you. Starting now." he laughed and hung up.

"You asshole." I rolled my eyes, composing a text to him.

You wanna fight Gaskarth?

From Alex: You spelled fuck wrong.

Darn auto correct.

From Alex: But a "fight" would be nice.

I ignored his text and made one to Brooklyn, telling her to get things together, party at my house, then tossed my phone in my pocket, striding down the stairs to grab a set of keys. I grabbed the keys to his Range Rover to drive, just to blow the dust it's collected off of it by sitting in the driveway for the past three months.

I shut the door behind me and locked it, rushing to the car. I got in adjusted everything to my liking before I pulled out of the driveway, zooming down the street. I drove to Jack's house where Kay was staying. She didn't stay at her home due to complications with her brother Dylan over the whole pregnant with Jack Barakat's babies ordeal.

I knocked on the door, waiting out in the freezing cold wind and rain. Joyce, Jack's mom, answered the door with a bucket of candy.

"I'm no trick-or-treat'r." I giggled. "Hi Mrs. Barakat, how are you doing?"

"Oh Haley, I'm good. How are you? Are you here to see Kaylyn?" she asked, giving me a motherly hug.

"Yeah, is she here?"

"In the living room." she let me in. I walked into the living room to see Kay cuddling with a puppy.

"Hi Hails." she turned her gaze to me. "What's up?"

"I came to see if you wanted to hang out tonight. Have a sleepover with my friend Brooklyn."

"Sure." she nodded, getting up. "Let me go grab some things. Sit and play with Skittles." she pointed to the small Husky puppy sitting on the sofa. I nodded and sat down, petting the sweet little thing.

After a few moments she returned with a bag. "Joyce?" she called out to Jack's mom, waking into the kitchen. I heard her mumble something to her, then called me in. I walked into the kitchen and stood for a moment while she still babbled to Mrs. Barakat. "Lets go." she told me, pushing me to the front door.

We walked into the freezing cold rain and quickly made it to Alex's car. I stuck the key in the ignition and started the engine, hitting buttons to make the car heat up. "God damn, it's freezing."

"I know!" she shook her head. "I hate winter."

"It's still fall, Kay." I giggled, pulling out of the driveway. "Can I tell you something or ask a favor of you?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I'm going to get Brooklyn and bring her with us. I need you to promise me something though. Don't let her find out I'm married to Alex. She doesn't know that. She knows you're with Jack, but doesn't know you're pregnant. Please keep it on the low. She does know I'm married to someone named Alex, but not Alex freaking Gaskarth."

"Oh, damn. Why haven't you told her?" she gave me a funny look before turning her attention to her phone.

"Because, I'm scared to. That maybe she didn't really wanna be friends with me, and used me to get to the band? I don't know, it's just how I feel." I shrugged, turning the car into another housing addition.

"Okay, I can do that." she giggled.

"Okay cool." I said, pulling into Brooklyn's driveway. I waited for a moment, seeing her run through the heavy rain.

She pulled the passenger door open, seeing Kay was already in the seat. "Oh shit! Sorry." she laughed, opening up the back passenger door. "I didn't know you had someone else with you."

"Hi, I'm Kay." Kay said, turning around to face Brooke.

"I'm Brooklyn. It's nice to meet you. You're Jack's girlfriend.. right?"

"Fiance now."

The two chattered on while I drove us back to my house. I parked the car outside the large, white house and killed the engine. "Holy fuck, you live here?"

"Yup." I giggled. "Run to the door, guys. Watch your step." I told them, jumping out of the car and made a mad dash to the front door. They both followed me into the warmth of the house. Baz scampered to the door and wagged his tail, then started to jump on me.

"Aw what's his name?" Brooklyn giggled, bending down to pet Sebastian.

"Sebastian or Baz. Either works."

"Awh, he's so cute."

"This is the puppy your neighbor gave you?" Kay asked, bending down to pet him too. "When y'all said he was cute, you weren't joking."

"When I got him, he was so small, Alex didn't even notice me holding him." I giggled. "Lets go upstairs."

They both nodded and followed me upstairs. I led them to Alex and I's room, where we took turns using the bathroom to change, then all laid on the big bed. I stared at the ceiling that was covered in glow in the dark stars.

"Why can't Jack and I's bed be this soft? I feel like I'm laying on needles in his!" Kay complained.

"I love this bed. But it's cold at night." I frowned, making a reference to Alex being gone.

"Awh, because your missing husband?" Brooke mocked me.

"Maybe."

"You guys are lucky to have someone." she sighed. "I haven't gotten laid in almost a year. I'm getting sexually frustrated."

"Er, yeah. I agree." Kay nodded.

"Fuck it, I am too." I sighed. "It hasn't been as long as yours though, Brooke."

"I haven't since June." Kay said, rubbing her stomach.

"Early September for me."

"You were with him all that time for your birthday and he didn't throw you a extra bone?" Brooke asked with wide eyes.

"No, not at all. He told me he wanted to but didn't want to do it and leave me again." I scratched my head. "It's all complicated."

"But the sex is good, right?"

"Only the greatest." I shook my head. "I wish he was here."

"How'd you meet him?" she asked with curiosity.

"I was at a party with my old friends and they pissed me off, so I stepped outside. Some drunk idiot tried to hit on me. I denied him, he tried to choke me and he bit me. Alex punched him in the mouth and yelled at him, then he took me to Denny's. He bought me a milk shake and we talked. He became my best friend after that night." I shrugged.

"Aw! That's cute." Kay squealed.

"That is." Brooklyn agreed. "When did you guys kiss?"

"God, what is this? Twenty questions?"

"Yes." she giggled.

"I hung out with him after school one day. This was before he asked me out. He helped me with my calculus, we ate Quesadillas, and went to the park. We were fucking around on the swings and had a little competition with who could fly farther out of the swings. I fell and cut my knee pretty deep. While on the ground checking on me, he kissed me, then took me to the hospital." I giggled.

"Aw!"

"Shut up." I say, hearing a thump outside the glass door that led to the balcony. Everybody shot up, looking at the door in fear. I pushed them to the edge of the room, then slowly walked to the door. I felt like I was in my own horror movie now, like a serial killer was on the other side and I was the first to die. I peeked around the curtain, seeing nothing. I got brave and pulled it open, screaming loudly when I saw Alex and Jack standing on the balcony. Be careful what you wish for..

"Jack?!" Kay screamed, pulling the glass door open and attacked him in a hug. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Having a sleepover without us?" he replied, walking over to give me a hug. "Hi, Haley."

"Jack, Alex, what are you two doing here?" I said under my breath.

"Came to see you kids." Alex answered for him, walking over to hug me. I slapped him in the chest and walked away from him. "Fine," he grumbled, setting down on the edge of the bed. "We brought popcorn and scary movies."

I drifted my eyes to Kay and Jack who were having a mad love-fest by the door, then to Brooklyn, who was froze in shock. Not everyday members of your favorite band come climbing through your best friend's window.

"What movies?" I yanked the movies from his hand and sat down next to him, reviewing the movies.

"Halloween, Friday The 13th, a season of Ghost Hunters? Are you trying to kill me?"

"It is Halloween ya know.." he smirked. "They're not real anyway, calm down."

"Brooke, which one do you wanna watch?" I looked at her, who was still standing in shock. "Brooke?"

"I, uh, Friday The 13th." she nodded, setting down on the bed.

"Well since my jerkoff husband never put a DVD player up here like he said he would, we have to watch it downstairs in the living room.

"Asshole." Alex narrowed his eyes at me and walked through the door. We all followed him down the stairs and into the living room. I held the movie out to Brooklyn, and turned to Jack and Kay.

"Jack, Kay, make everyone a pallet. Brooke, put the movie in while Alex and I make popcorn and get drinks?"

"Okay." they all said in unison. I skipped past Alex and walked around the corner that led to the kitchen. "Hi." I turned to him, gently taking the box of popcorn out of his hands.

"Hi. Have you missed me?"

"Yes." I giggled, trying to open the box of popcorn. Instead of opening it, I ended up opening the skin on my finger. I got a paper cut. I dropped the box on the floor and looked at my finger, where a small bead of blood was formed over the cut. "Ow!"

"What's wrong?" he grabbed my finger, looking at the small cut on my finger. He pulled me by the finger to the sink, shoving my finger under cold water. "Leave it to you to paper cut yourself, baby."

"Shh, keep it down." I shut the water off, walking back to the box of popcorn that sat in the floor. I picked up and threw it to him. "Open this so I don't hurt myself again."

"Okay." he smiled.

"Don't get cocky now." I slapped his arm, pulling open the microwave. I stuck a bag of popcorn in and set it to cook.

He placed his hands on my waist and started to kiss my neck. "I love you."

"I love you too." I giggled. "Quit."

"Are you going to cuddle with me when we're watching the movie?"

"Brooke is here though!"

"Fuck." he sighed. "Are we going to sneak out later then?"

"And go where?" I raised my eyebrow, pulling out the popcorn and put another in.

"I think there's something you and I could do." he whispered and kissed my neck again.

"Alex," I groaned in pleasure. "I don't know. Quit before you excite me."

"That was my plan."

"No." I pushed him away. "Stay right there."

He frowned and grabbed the popped bag of popcorn. "You're no fun."

"Shut up and help me grab drinks." I ordered, pulling out the new bag. I walked to the fridge and pulled it open, grabbing random sodas that sat on the shelf.

"I'll take one of these." Alex reached around me, pulling a bottle of beer from the door.

"Yuck."

"Beer is amazing, okay?"

"No, that's disgusting."

"Says someone who's never actually tried it." he rolled his eyes. "Mrs. 'I drink wine, champagne, and pussy Vanilla Smirnoff.'"

"Shut up or I'm kicking you out." I stuck my tongue at him, walking towards the doorway.

"I live here too, god dammit." he ran to me, ramming his lips into mine. "I love you, now seriously, we don't have this bond." he backed away, giving me a small smile.

"I love you too." I whispered, turning on my heel. We walked into the living room and handed everyone their drinks and dispensed the popcorn. Alex ran back to get bowls for it so it wouldn't be so hectic to share.

I sat down next to him with a large blanket and the big bowl of popcorn. He attempted to put his arm around me when Brooke wasn't looking, but got put in his place. I would cringe into his side when danger struck in the movie, and he'd shake his head and laugh. It reminded me of last Halloween and how great it was.

We watched Friday The 13th and part of Halloween. Brooklyn was passed out on the floor, Jack and Kay laid cuddled into each other, leaving Alex and I sitting apart. Giving Brooke time to sleep, I moved closer, resting my head on his chest. He smiled and played with my brown hair, kissing my jaw and neck as he did so.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was a minute after one. It didn't feel like it was this late. I was slowly getting tired, but I was filled with much energy. Jack, Kay, and Brooke were asleep now. "Welp, I'm bored." I whispered into his ear.

"Lets go outside."

"Why? It's cold."

"You'll have me to keep you warm." he smiled, standing up and pulled me along with him.

We walked to the back door of our house and stepped out into the threshold. He kept his arm secure around my waist as we walked around the pool, that looked like it was frozen over. "I hate the cold."

"Get warmed up with me and play some basketball." he laughed, picking up a basketball from a chair. He dribbled the ball and carefully passed it to me, waiting for me to try and shoot it into the goal. I pushed it up into the air, sending it towards the goal. He raised his arm and blocked my aim.

"Ugh, asshole." I giggled, trying to yank the ball away from him.

He turned in my grasp and threw the ball into the hoop. "Jealous?"

"You're a cheater. You're too tall."

"I think I've heard this a time or two."

"I should know better than to do these things with you." I shook my head. "I should make you do something I'm good at."

"I am not doing any gymnastics, sorry baby." he laughed, passing me the ball again. I bounced it then pulled it to my chest, protecting it like a football as I ran around him. I was close to getting the ball into the goal, but my hopes and dreams were crushed when he grabbed my sides where I was ticklish.

"Alex! Stop!' I laughed hysterically. "Stop!"

"No!"

I fell into him laughing, knocking us both down. I laid on top of him, scooting up to bring his lips to mine. "Alex, I love you."

"I love you too, baby." he whispered, kissing me gently again.

In a blink of a eye, I was in his arms and he was rushing us towards our bedroom. He stripped off my long sleeved tunic and sleep shorts and allowed me to unzip his hoodie and pull his shirt over his head. I fiddled with his belt buckle, undoing it, and unbuttoning his jeans.

He pulled his jeans down his legs, kicking them in the floor with my clothes. He kept his lips to mine, angrily kissing me with so much desire. I pulled my underwear down my thighs and pulled the blankets over us before making his entry.

He pushed in, giving me the delightful sense I hadn't felt in almost two months. He slowly thrusted his hips and sucked on my neck, causing me to moan in pleasure. "Faster." I whispered, pulling his body closer to mine.

He moved at a faster pace, our hips rubbing against each other. I moaned quietly, not even pushing my luck to suppress ones louder for them to be heard downstairs. "Oh my God.." he groaned into my neck.

"Oh Alex,"

"Baby, I'm getting close." he murmured in my ear, pushing intensely until we both got our orgasms. He kissed me lovingly one last time before moving off to my side. He wrapped his warm arms around me and pulled me to his sweaty chest, where we laid together for a few moments to catch our breath.

"We need to go back." I fidgeted out of his arms, sliding off the bed to redress myself. I picked his clothes up and threw them at him, urging him to hurry and get up.

"This is tiring." he sighed, pulling his boxers and jeans back on. "I'm all sweaty."

"Here." I turned, skipping into the bathroom, grabbing a can of his axe he left. I took it to him, letting himself spray down with it before he put his shirt on. I returned the can to the bathroom, coming back to see him waiting at the bedroom doorway. I grabbed his hand and towed him down the stairs with me.

We sat down on the sofa where we were. I cuddled under the big blanket and laid against him. "You know what?" he whispered.

"What?"

"You cheated on 'Alex'" he quietly laughed, making quotations with his fingers. "You're such a bad girl."

"It was worth it." I smiled, placing my hand on his cheek. I kissed him quickly and pulled away, resting my head on his chest. "I'm tired."

"Go to sleep then."

"I don't want to if you're leaving tomorrow." I frowned.

"I have a couple days off." he shrugged. "I don't have to be in Seattle until Tuesday night."

"Good." I kissed him once again. He leaned over and allowed me to lay on him. I got warm and grew tired, hearing him start to snore. Great, leave me the last one awake, Alex.
__________________________________________

I woke up the next morning freezing cold. My blanket was in the floor. The only warmth I had was what radiated off of Alex. My face was resting on his hip bone with his lower half strung out on top of me. I opened my tired eyes and looked in the floor, seeing Brooke, Jack, and Kay were gone. My phone beeped, indicating I had a text message.

I outstretched my arm towards the table, trying not to move too much to wake Alex. My fingers danced across the screen and found the edge, pulling it back to look at it.

From Brooklyn: Jack and Kay gave me a ride home. Umm you and Alex are a little too comfortable, don't ya think?

We fell asleep like this on accident. He passed out before I did and I must of fell over on him. Awkward..

I replied to her text and threw it in the floor. I didn't want to listen to her raise hell about it. "Baby?" he yawned, kicking his legs off of me.

"Hi." I looked at him.

"Mornin' beautiful." he smiled. "You wanna go get coffee?"

"Sure." I hopped up from the couch, walking towards the stairs. He got up and followed me up the stairs. "Do you know what the weather's like today?" I looked out the window, seeing it was still cloudy.

"I don't know." he shrugged, pulling out a black v-neck and clean skinny jeans. "Fuck it, I'm gonna shower."

"Okay." I said, pulling open the door to the balcony. I walked out, feeling that it was cold with a breeze. "Hell no." I shook my head, retreating back into the room. I put on a pair of jeans and my Ugg boots with a white sweater.

I walked into the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup. I yanked my hair out of the bun it was in and ran a brush through it, feeling pleased with the little waves. I decided to be annoying and bother Alex while he was still showering. I pulled my sleeve up my arm and stuck it into the shower, pinching him in the back.

"Ow, leave me alone!" he laughed, splashing water at me.

"Don't splash me!" I giggled, running away.

He turned off the water and grabbed the towel on the rack, wrapping it around his waist. He ran at me, wrapping his arms around me and held me close to his wet chest. "Revenge!" he yelled, flipping his wet hair back and forth.

"Ugh, you asshole!" I pinched him again. He let go of me finally and got dressed.

We didn't waste no time heading back downstairs. "Should we take Baz for a walk?"

"We're walking? It's freezing balls." I shook my head. "But it's whatever you think."

"Lets do it." he smiled, grabbing the leash and attached to to Sebastian's collar. "Lets go."

I walked out the door, waiting for him and Baz to fall me out. He caught up to me and grabbed my hand. "Hope we don't run into anyone we know."

"To hell with people today."

"I'm glad your positive. Brooke was already questioning me about the way we fell asleep."

"Damn." he shook his head. "And you said?"

"I told her it was by accident."

"Being a secret is fun, but how long do you think you can keep it up for?"

"I don't know." I sighed. "I want to tell her, but I'm scared i'll be used."

"I know, but if she was really your friend, she wouldn't do that to you." he squeezed my hand, giving me a faint smile.

"I'll tell her soon, I promise." I nodded. "When do you guys play a home show?"

"December twelfth. You two should come out."

"We definitely will be." I giggled, hugging onto his arm. "I miss seeing you guys play."

"I miss you being on the side of the stage." he laughed. "Are you standing in the crowd or coming to the stage side?"

"Probably the stage. We can't risk too much." I sighed.

"You know, you could always set Brooke up with Zack."

"I'm not sure if they'd get along though. Brooke is really loud and Zack.. he's quiet!"

"You don't really know until you introduce them." he shrugged, tightening his grip on Baz's leash. I looked up to see why.

Two petite blondes with similar pale blue eyes were walking towards us. One with a baby in her arms and the other carrying a coach purse. "Haley, Alex!" the one with the baby shrieked. Jenna. Fuck..

"Hey." I waved at her, my eyes darting from her to the other blonde. I heard Alex scoff and squeeze my hand in discomfort.

"How're you?"

"I'm good, I'm good." I nodded, looking at the small child that now had thick, blonde hair like her father's. "And you?"

"Busy with her around." she turned the child around to face me. She looked exactly like Lucas. No way to deny him as her father. "Haley, this is Victoria."

"Hi." I waved to her. Lucas' kid or not, cute as fuck. "She's adorable."

"Thanks." she smiled. The blonde next to her cleared her throat in annoyance, rolling her eyes. "Oh Haley, this is my cousin Lisa."

I looked at Alex through the corner of my eye, seeing him look down at Baz. "Hi Alex." she greeted him.

"Hi."

"Do you two know each other?" Jenna raised a eyebrow, looking between her cousin and my husband.

"Yeah, Alex is my ex boyfriend." she snobbishly said.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. "Wait, this is the Alex that broke up with you?"

"Yeah, because he cheated on me." she shook her head violently.

"Wait, wait, wait." he finally spoke up with rage in his voice. "You cheated on me. I walked in on you blowing Tyler Miller at the graduation party I threw for you. In my own god damn bedroom!"

She brushed it off. You could tell by the look on her face everything he said was true. "Yeah, okay. You're an idiot Alex."

"And you're a bitch?"

"Fuck you."

"I don't want STDs, sorry." he smarted off to her, smiling with humor. "Lets go baby." he led me around them, still laughing.

"Bye Jen, bye Victoria!" I waved to them, the happy expression on my face turning to a glare towards Lisa. "And bye?"

"Bitch." she scoffed, making me giggle in delight. I admit, Alex was a bad influence on me.

"Thank you." I smirked, walking on with him. "You're such a bad influence on me, babe."

"I know." he laughed. "I feel great now."

"Why? Because you confronted a bitch?"

"Yes."

"Only you would." I rolled my eyes. "But whatever, I love you."

"I love you too, baby." he leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I'm so glad I have you."

I blushed, looking down at my feet. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. Alex always managed to do that to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had major writers block. Sorry it's late! I've got so many ideas for this, but I can't find fillers to build it all up. Fuck, lol. Welp, I liked writing this, even though it took me forever.
Comment & Subscribe (and tell your friends to read this? Yeah? YEAH!)