‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Finding Out

I woke up and turned the TV on to catch the morning weather. I was hoping for some school cancellations, and for my benefit, Malcolm was shut down for this Friday. It was lightly raining with a chance of snow later, but it was a small odd. Funny thing was, Malcolm shut down for the silliest reasons, but I was content with it. On the downside, I wasn't feeling so well, but I could get better by tonight.

I would be able to rest until tonight, which was the All Time Low concert. I had yet to riddle it to Brooke that we were going. But I didn't even have tickets. Shit. Oh well, they're available at the door. Or I could just call my husband and sweet talk him into getting me a couple of them.

I flipped the TV off and threw the remote on the nightstand, curling back up in the warm blankets. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but I didn't get that accomplished. My phone started to buzz. I sighed in frustration, knowing exactly who it was. I picked it up, my iPhone telling me Alex was calling, and answered it. "Whaaaat?"

"Wake up and talk to me."

"No, I have a day off. I'm sleeping and I don't feel good." I formed my expression into a pout, even though he couldn't see it.

"Malcolm closes for the stupidest shit." he laughed. "Are you ready to see me again?"

"No."

"Well then."

"What do you want?" I sighed, shutting my eyes.

"I was just going to say that I'm back in Baltimore, but I'm super busy with a lot of shit today. We're playing a acoustic song on the news here in about ten to fifteen minutes, then a signing and another acoustic set, then lunch with so and so. Interviews all afternoon, dinner with someone else, then the show. It's really hectic." he said, his voice sounding sad.

"Where's your signing at?"

"A Hot Topic in the mall."

"I'll come to it. But I have to bring Brooklyn." I sat up, turning the TV back on.

"Alright. It's at 10:45." he laughed, being cut off by someone telling him to get off the phone. "Baby, look, I gotta go preform now. I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay. Wait, what channel are you guys playing on?"

"Local 8. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too." I giggled, hanging up first. I texted Brooklyn and asked if she was up for a early hangout. I was going to surprise her with the signing.

I sat and waited for them to play. They played Six Feet Under The Stars acoustically, bringing back memories of the night Alex played me that song. Under the stars in Fiji, on our honeymoon. Every moment that passed then was perfection.

They finished the song and was interviewed by the morning news reporters. "How do you feel about playing your hometown tonight?"

"It's great," Alex answered. "it's so good to be back."

"I bet. This is your last night of tour, how do you feel about it?"

"It's sad. We've been on tour with three really good bands, who are good, good people. But I'm excited to get the break to spend with my family and friends, who I've missed dearly. And I'll have a chance to start work on new material."

"Very nice." the monotone reporter said, with his face saying he wasn't interested. "Two of four members of All Time Low. Thanks for coming to play for us."

"Thanks for having us." Alex shook his hand.

"All Time Low everybody!" he said again before they went to commercial. I shut the TV off and laid back, snuggling into the covers, putting in my final attempt to go back to sleep for about three hours. After all, it was just a little after 6:30.

No more distractions.

I slept for two and a half hours. I was awoken to my doorbell being rung over and over. I swore to God if it was Alex there being a jerk, I was going to chop him into pieces. I stomped down the stairs with Sebastian following and barking. "Baz, shut up." I said, pushing him into the kitchen.

I pulled open the door, shocked to see a man holding a vase full of a dozen red and white roses. "Haley Gas-Gaskarf?" he raised a eyebrow.

"Haley Gaskarth. Yes." I laughed.

"I can't read the handwriting." he shook his head. "Here you are." he handed me the vase, turning on his heel and disappeared.

I smiled as I walked to the kitchen, setting the vase down gently on the counter. I pulled out the card, seeing Alex's handwriting on the long, black lines.

I wanna say you mean the world to me, love. Here in this lovely bouquet of roses, sent from your amazing husband, are two tickets to the show tonight. I know, I'm awesome. I love you, and I'll see you at the show tonight.

I shook my head and pulled my phone from my pocket, composing a text to him.

Alexander William, you cheeseball! Thank you for the flowers, they're absolutely beautiful.

I walked back upstairs to take a quick shower so I could start getting ready for the signing. I washed my hair and body and got out, drying myself off. I then started on my hair and makeup, brushing it out, blow drying, and straightening my hair, then the dark lines around my eyelids.

I stood at the closet, thinking about what I wanted to wear. I would look like an idiot wearing a dress in twenty below weather, but I put on a short black dress and my over sized grey sweater, with leather high-heeled boots.

I grabbed my phone and looked at my text messages.

From Alex: I am a cheeseball! And I needed to do something sweet for you. And I needed to get you the tickets before. But hey. You're welcome, I thought they were beautiful like you.

Shut up ;)

From Brooklyn: Yerp, what're we doing?

Chillin' at the mall? I'll be there in ten.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and wandered downstairs, grabbing my car keys off the table, and headed on outside. I got in my car and started the engine, turning my heater on as fast it would go. I hate winter.

I drove the distance to Brooke's house in no hurry, watching for ice on the roadway. I figured Alex would have a fit over me driving in these weather conditions, but I was wrong. I carefully pulled into her ice covered driveway, praying to God I didn't slide into her garage door or out of the driveway.

She walked out, sliding across the ice. She almost fell a couple of times, which I found humorous. She got into the car carefully, trying not to lose her balance as she slid into the seat. "Hi."

"Hello." I smiled, putting the car in reverse and gently pulled out.

"You're happy."

"How so?"

"Mrs. Giggle and Smiles today?" she shook her head. "You never seem this happy."

"Alex sent me a bouquet of red and white roses and a note. He's the biggest cheeseball ever, but it was cute." I giggled, keeping my smile in place.

"Aw! Will he ever be home for the holidays soon?"

"Yeah, and his birthday is in a couple of days. I'm not sure if he'll be here or not." I shrugged.

"Damn. Well, what's on your agenda?" she asked, looking out the window.

"Mall. Hot Topic. I need a new All Time Low shirt."

"I do too! My grey one isn't grey looking anymore. It looks lighter."

"Move the fuck out of the way!" I yelled at the car in front of me. "I think I've been in the car with Alex a little too much." I shook my head, turning into the parking lot of the mall. I found a parking hole extremely close to the entrance, which was a surprise. Baltimore Park Mall was always packed. I figured it would be since Christmas was coming up. Shit. I also had to find something for Alex for Christmas.

"Your driving scares me." she sighed, carefully getting out.

"I'm sorry. I'm a lot more cautious than Alex. I'm just saying."

"Whatever." she laughed and rolled her eyes. "Where's the Hot Topic at in here?"

"On the second floor. Escalators!" I screamed with joy. "I love escalators."

"You're a freak!"

"I know." I giggled, pulling open the glass door.

We found the escalators and rode them to the second floor of the mall. Right at the top was the Hot Topic, which was already filled up with teenage girls younger than me and possibly my age. I brought us to the back of the line, turning to Brooke to see her carrying a confused expression.

"What the hell is this?"

"Hot Topic? I have no idea what's going on here, but considering the fact it's packed, lets wait."

"Okay." she looked at me weird. "Do you have plans for tonight?"

"I don't know." I shrugged, smirking at her. "I may be taking you somewhere."

"Where?!"

"Somewhere, it's a surprise." I laughed, taking a few steps forward.

"Dammit, why do you do this to me?" she frowned and laughed.

"Because, it's a surprise. I like surprising people. I don't like being surprised though. It frustrates the hell out of me."

As we got closer to the doors, I could hear music blaring from the store. I See Stars, a band that was opening for All Time Low tonight was playing. I liked their music and I was pretty stoked about seeing them.

"I like this song." she laughed, starting to dance.

"I don't know you." I took a step away, looking at her strange dancing.

"Dammit, what's taking so long?" she stood up on her tip toes, realizing she was too short to see. I was taller than her. About two or three inches, but about five or six with the heels I was wearing on. I looked over people, seeing the boys setting at a table.

"We're almost there. Just a few more people." I smiled, reaching into my bag for a piece of paper, handing it to her. "You might need this."

"Wha?" she said, looking up. The crowd thinned, revealing the boys. She gasped, looking at me with wide eyes. "Haley! Oh my God I love you!" she hugged me, then pulled me by the sleeve of my sweater to their table. I pushed her towards Rian's end, instead of going to Zack's end first.

"Haley! Long time no see." Rian greeted me, signing the paper Brooke gave him.

"Good to see you too Ri. How are you doing?" I smiled at him and nodded, hoping Alex told them to keep everything a secret. "Ri, this is Brooklyn, my friend."

"Hi Brooklyn, it's nice to meet you." he smiled, shaking her hand.

"Oh my God." she breathed.

"Calm down Brooke, it's just Rian."

"Making friends that are All Time Low fans?" he laughed. "It's okay, I'm not going to bite you. But I do recommend keeping your arms and legs inside the vehicle around Jack."

She giggled like an idiot and took a step over to Jack. "Fuck you Rian." he rolled his eyes. "Ish Brooklyn and Haley!" he said with a lisp.

I happen to look up at Alex, who was staring me down head to toe. He knew I caught him staring and smiled seductively at me. He called me over with his finger, making sure Brooklyn was distracted for a moment.

I walked around her, stopping at the table in front of him. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to say hi." he smiled.

"Hi."

"How have you been doing?"

"I've been doing good." I nodded, feeling like an idiot for this. "I don't feel that great today, but I'm okay."

"Aww, what's wrong?" he smirked.

"Nothing, asshole."

"Fine!" he shook his head. "Just being nice."

"Sure." I giggled. I stared at him for a moment, feeling as if the room got hotter. I got light headed and started to feel like I couldn't breathe. I took a deep breath, smiling confidently at him.

"Are you alright?" he looked at me, pinning his hand over mine. I noticed I was holding onto the table, scared to try to stand up straight.

"Yeah." I nodded, shutting my eyes. I took another deep breath and tried to stand straight. Then everything went black for a moment.

"Hails?! What the fuck?" I heard Brooklyn's panicked voice in the darkness. "What the hell is wrong with her?!"

"She fainted, calm down." Zack's soft voice said.

I started to come to my senses. I had passed out. I struggled to open my eyes, my limbs felt like they were filled with jelly. The only thing I could feel was my fingers tightened around something. My body was against Alex, my fingers knotting around the fabric of his shirt. "Al-Alex?" I choked.

"I've got you, babe." he assured me, tightening his grip around my waist. "Can you walk?"

"I don't know."

"Lay her down and get her water." I heard Jack say. "Then elevate her legs above her heart. That's what they did to me when I passed out from anemia."

"I'm gonna lay you down, alright?" Alex mumbled in my ear. He carefully laid me to my back on the floor. I felt my legs being propped up onto a chair and something elevating my head. A cold bottle of water was shoved to my lips, forcing me to take a drink of the liquid. "Are you alright?"

"Mhm." I murmured, opening my eyes to see his face. He had my head propped on his legs. "It just got really hot in here.."

"You're lucky Brooklyn caught you. You may of had a head injury." he laughed. "Do you feel better?"

"A lot." I nodded, slowly pushing myself to sit up. I looked around, seeing that there was a crowd of people staring at me. "Great.."

I heard Alex snicker from above me. He held out his hands for me to take to pull me up. I placed mine in his, letting him pull me back to my feet. "Sure you're okay? I don't want you passing out on us again."

"I'm fine for the time being."

"Alright, cool. Well since you're feeling better now, I would like to invite you and Brooke to lunch with us. Is that okay?" he turned to Brooklyn, looking at her, then back to me.

"I'm totally fine with it." she nodded excitedly. "Please Hails?"

I nodded and took a deep breath. "Okay, but someone needs to drive me."

"I got you covered." he smiled, sticking his hand inside my sweater pocket, pulling out the keys to my car.

"Don't kill us."

"Brooklyn should ride with me." Zack quietly said.

"Uh, okay. If that's cool with you Brooklyn." I gave her a confused look. She nodded and smiled.

"We should go. We'll meet you guys there." Zack pushed her towards the door.

"Yeah, well, I'm gonna go meet Kay." Jack waved, walking away.

"I'm gonna ditch and go pick up Kara." Rian also waved, starting to take small steps to the door.

"Kara's coming?"

"Yeah. I told her that we'd hangout since this is the only time I have for today and tomorrow. And the rest of the time we're off, but that doesn't matter. I just hope it won't be awkward since we broke up."

"Doubt it." Alex laughed. "We'll see you later."

"Later bro." he walked away, leaving us alone in the store.

"So, are you ready to get some food?" he smiled.

"I'm hungry. Yeah, lets go." I darted to the door, hoping I wouldn't fall.

"Slow down, hotshot. Take it easy, you just fainted for fuck's sake." he wrapped a arm around my waist. "I find it strange that Zack and Brooke left together. Am I missing something here?"

"I haven't done anything, I swear." I shook my head. "Maybe it's just to talk?"

"I don't know. It's weird."

"I can't even remember where I parked." I said, looking at the rows of cars in the parking lot.

"I see it." he laughed, pulling me on. "You parked next to Zack's car?"

"I didn't notice. How'd y'all get here?"

"I got a ride from Jack." he shrugged. "But I'm leaving with you."

"Slut." I giggled, slapping his stomach.

"Ha ha ha." he rolled his eyes. We approached my car, stopping behind it so Alex could unlock it. I looked over at Zack's car to see it was still parked there. Then from the corner of my eye, I saw something I didn't want to see. Brooklyn and Zack having a full-blown make out session.

"What the fuck?" I gasped, looking at them in shock.

They broke apart instantly, Zack blushing bright red, and dashing to the driver side of his car. He got in without a word, leaving Brooklyn to face the fire by herself. She looked at Alex and I, then looked down. She got into his car and within a minute, he was leaving.

"What the hell was all that?" Alex asked, opening up the car door for me.

"I don't know, but that's weird. They just met and they're swapping spit?" I looked at him, hoping he did know something.

"Don't look at me! I have no clue. Should we suck face to make fun of them at dinner?"

"Alex." I sighed, shaking my head. "No."

"Fine."

"Don't start."

"I wasn't starting anything." he shook his head, smiling.

"It's not funny." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms to cover my stomach, that was being bothered by cramps.

"What's your problem?" he sighed, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I don't have a problem."

"You're being so difficult."

"I don't feel good, how many times do I have to say that?" I hissed, keeping my eyes locked on the blurs outside the window.

"What's wrong?" he asked sincerely, even though I was being a major bitch.

"My stomach hurts and I have a headache."

"I'm sorry, do you need tylenol or something?" he reached for my hand, brushing it over it at first, making sure it was safe to hold.

"No I'm fine. Where're we going for lunch anyway?" I asked, talking a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Jack and Kay's. They have a house now and Kay wanted to make us all dinner and invite us over."

"Oh, where's it at?"

"We're close, it's just on down the road." he smiled, flipping on the signal light.

"Jack didn't move far away from home, did he?" I giggled, realizing the house he used to live in was just a few blocks away.

"Nope." he laughed with me, pulling into the driveway of the first house on the left.

We got out and walked to their front door, him not hesitating to open the door without knocking. "Just walk in without knocking, babe." I rolled my eyes, following him into the nicely decorated room. It smelt like lavender and cookies, nothing compared to the cinnamon apple scent in my own home.

"They're just in the kitchen." he laughed, dragging me into the large clean kitchen.

"Hi Haley." Kay smiled, slapping Jack's hand away from the plate of cookies that sat on the counter. "No, wait until after dinner Jacky!"

"Jack has a pet name?" Alex laughed. "I feel sorry for you bro."

"Lexy, shut up." I grinned up at him. He narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

"Yeah Lexy." Jack smirked. "Shut up."

"It's not fair, the girls don't have pet names."

"Because we're not the pets, you are." Kay shook her head. "Idiots."

"Lexy, do something with your life and put my coat up, please?" I smiled, using my sick little girl charm and twirled my hair around my finger.

"Anything for you, cupcake." he rolled his eyes, taking my pea-coat from me.

"I hope you don't mind guys, I kinda burnt the food, so I ordered pizza." Kay said, blushing pink in embarrassment.

"Pussy whipped." Jack pointed at Alex and laughed, ignoring Kay. "Like I've said before, Alex is pussy whipped."

"Kay, pizza is fine." I giggled.

"Okay. Jacky, will you rub my shoulders please?" Kay tensed, unintentionally asking him.

"Yes." he nodded, placing his hands on her shoulders, rubbing them gently.

"You say I'm whipped?" Alex snorted.

"She's six months pregnant though. With two of my kids. I have to be nice."

"Uh huh, uh huh. Oh shit! I almost forgot, we have a situation."

"What's that?" they both looked at him.

"While helping Haley to the car, we may have busted Brooke and Zack making out?" he raised a thick eyebrow. "So if things are awkward at dinner, you know why."

"What the hell?" Jack laughed.

"I don't know. Swapping spit the first time they've met is a little strange, right?" I asked, biting my lip.

"I don't even know, love." Alex shook his head.

We talked for a while about stories they had from their tour. Like the story about a stripper pole they were given, and an awkward encounter Alex had with a fan. Rian and Kara showed up then Zack and Brooke. The two kept quiet and didn't bother saying anything to Alex or I. Kara on the other hand was talking uncontrollably, filling us in with everything that's happened to her in the past four months.

The pizza arrived and Jack paid for it, bringing it into the kitchen. We all took turns getting us a plate and drink and sat down at their dining room table. The boys talked while us girls listened. They went on about more tour stories and weird people they've met.

"Hey Alex, need more ice bro?" Jack snickered from across the table.

"What the hell?" I giggled, looking at Alex.

"Jack, you asshole." he flipped him off. "I got racked this morning."

"How?" I laughed hysterically, laughing even more when he narrowed his eyes at me.

"This morning, we went to get coffee after playing on the news. I went to go throw something away and the chick working must have not seen me. She pulled open the cabinet that the trash is in and racked me with the door. Oh my God, it was so painful. I was teary-eyed and I had to sit on ice earlier." he shook his head. "Quit laughing, it's not funny!" he said, looking at everyone around the table who were laughing.

"Poor baby." I smiled, taking a drink of the soda I had.

"And you women complain about cramps. Shit."

"Shut up or I'll rack you with my fist." I threatened him.

"Oh shit, no please! I'm sorry baby!" he laughed, then grew silent, realizing what he just said.

"Well this is awkward." Zack mumbled.

"Zack, I think we should tell them." Brooklyn spoke for the first time at this dinner.

"Alright." he nodded. "Guys, I've been secretly dating someone. It's serious too."

"Oh, you're dating Brooke? That's cool." Alex smirked.

"How long has this been going on?" I asked, looking at Brooke.

"Since this summer. I knew Zack last year because he went to Malcolm. We started to talk then and we started dating. I just didn't tell you because I was scared that you wouldn't like me for me, just because who I was dating.." she quietly said, looking down at the floor.

"Well this is awkward." Alex looked around. "Really really awkward."

"Alex, shut up." I rolled my eyes. "I've felt the same way. Um Brooke, I'm married to a rockstar. See this blockhead I'm sitting next to? I've been married to him since June."

"Hey!" he shook his head. "I'm a blockhead?"

"Yes, you are a blockhead. Now shut up." I covered his mouth with my hand.

"So you're the Haley Zack had mentioned before? The girl Alex had fell for?" she looked at me blankly.

"Yes, she is." Zack answered for me and laughed. "And I honestly didn't know you were best friends with one of my best friend's wife until you showed up with her."

"It's weird." she said. "Well the truth is out now."

"It's nice now." I nodded in agreement. I removed my hand from Alex's mouth to let him speak, knowing it was probably going to be ridiculous.

"I can kiss her now without getting in trouble, huh?" he smiled, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

"I wouldn't press your luck, Alexander William."

"Always failed. Fuck." he shook his head, laughing.

"Okay, well nice to know our little dinner party became more like a confession party." Jack raised his eyebrows. "Oh, we also have a confession!"

"It's not a confession, it's news." Kay rolled her eyes. "We're having twin boys."

Everyone laughed and smiled. Everything now was okay. No more lies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woosh, okay. Here's a chapter. I'm in a hurry to get this out so I cut it off there. I saw the boys last Thursday and they were amazing. I cried when they came out, I cried during Remembering Sunday, and I cried at the end of Dear Maria (when I happened to be just a few feet away from Alex) ah, it was breathtaking. Best concert I've ever seen.
Comment & Subscribe.