‹ Prequel: A Lot of Potential
Sequel: You Are My Only One

Show My Cards, Gave You My Heart

Adverse

Tons of fans gathered down the sidewalk in front of the venue. Brooklyn and I waited patiently, then got bored with it. I texted Alex to beg him to save us from the monstrous line. In order to keep his identity hid, he wore a mask with his hood over his head. Once we were in, Brooke disappeared with Zack, leaving Alex and I alone.

"So what to do now." he smirked.

"Don't get too wide with your ideas." I rolled my eyes, latching my arms around his waist.

"Why not? In our dressing room, there's a hot tub in our bathroom. We could have a glass of champagne and relax until I have to play."

"I don't think that's a good idea for me."

"Why?" he asked, pulling me towards the backstage area.

"Because.." I shook my head.

"That doesn't answer my question." he laughed, setting down on the sofa, pulling me into his lap.

"I don't think you wanna hear it." I giggled, kissing his jaw.

"I may. You don't know that."

"Nothing men or women find sexy or enjoying."

"Oh, duh! What a cockblock." he laughed, giving me a fake angered expression.

"It's annoying and it hurts." I whined, covering my stomach with my arms.

"I better get it in on my birthday." he winked, making me slap him in the chest.

"Is that all you ever think about?"

"No." he shook his head. "I think about making our attempt for baby Gaskarth."

"Oh." I mumbled, moving my eyes to the table in front of me, suddenly remembering that he was holding his end of our bargain.

"And I'm on the road all the time and I'm not gonna lie to you babe, I'm sexually frustrated." he laughed.

I ignored what he was saying, my eyes catching on the newspaper that set there. Baltimore teenager dead after collision with drunk driver. "Hold on, babe." I said, picking up the newspaper.

Nineteen year old Lucas Marc Fields is dead after being hit on the driver's side by a drunk driver. Twenty-five year old Scott Jennings was arrested for DUI and manslaughter. Fields was on his way home with his eighteen year old fiance, Jenna Landcaster and their five month old daughter Victoria. Landcaster and her daughter survived the collision, leaving Fields and Jennings' eight year old daughter, Breanna, dead. Investigations have been launched and more information will be announced.

"Holy hell!" I shrieked.

"What?"

"Alex! Lucas is dead! He was killed!" I freaked, even though I hated that man's guts.

"What the hell? How?" he ran his hand up and down my back for comfort. "You can't help it babe, it's fate."

"I know but I feel terrible." I sighed. "I feel terrible for Jen and especially Victoria."

"Death is hard to handle, but they'll cope. I promise."

"I know." I frowned. "Can you promise me something though, Alex?"

"I can make it and try to hold it." he pulled me closer to him. "What is it?"

"Promise to never leave me."

"I would never. I barely get by with being apart from you while touring. But I survive by hearing your soft voice over the phone and I know I'm gonna make it." he softly kissed me and bumped our foreheads together. "I love you baby, forever and always."

"I love you too." I faintly smiled. "Forever and always."

"Ew take your love-making fest somewhere else." Rian walked in, pretending to gag.

"Shut up." Alex beamed, kissing me again to annoy him.

"You know, since day one Haley has hung out with us, you two cannot keep your hands off each other. It was either harassment of some sort or all that lovey-dovey junk." Ri rolled his eyes. "And it still continues today."

"Alex can't keep his hands to himself. It's all him, not me."

"Oh yeah, all me." he sarcastically laughed.

"Like the one time last year in October when you 'accidentally' grabbed her ass at lunch?"

"Yup." Alex smirked. "She tried to feel me up once. We were in my car and she dropped something in the floor on my side of the car and she reached for it and purposely tried to rub up on the joystick. True story."

"You're full of it, Alexander William." I scoffed. "None of that happened, ever."

"I think Haley is too good of a good girl to do that so I call bullshit on that too." Rian laughed. I had Ri on my side.

"Ri, dude, this girl is the devil! Not at all innocent." he shook his head. "She has it mastered. And she's a major tease."

"Poor Alex is getting teased. She's got you wrapped around her finger."

"You're crazy. I'm not the tease. You're just easy. You break under the pressure of my girl charm." I giggled, slapping him playfully.

"There's his problem. He's turned on and seduced easily. A horny teenager. Explains it all, case closed." Rian shook his head, walking out of the room.

"Am I actually still considered a teenager now that I'm fixing to turn nineteen?"

"If it still has the word teen behind it, then yes." I smiled.

"I honestly never realized I was getting old. Fuck." he sighed. "Be honest. What age do I look?"

"Eighteen. How old do I look?"

"Sixteen or seventeen. What the hell, how do you do it, love?" he laughed, wrapping his arms around me.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"I miss Baz." he randomly said. "He's sleeping with us tonight."

"No he is not! I don't know who's a bigger bed hog, you or him."

"Well I don't hog the blankets."

"Well when you're on the other side, I'm cold!" I shook my head.

"Yeah, yeah." he snorted. "So my birthday is in a couple of days, you're not going to plaster my car with sticky notes again, are you?"

"No, that was too much work." I giggled. "Speaking of your birthday and Christmas, have you put any thought into something special you want? I'm determined to make up for last year. I promise you that you won't be setting in a hospital room or aiding me with walking."

"Don't worry about it, love."

"Don't tell me not to worry about it. It's gonna be the greatest thing ever!"

"It's no big deal." he shrugged. "I did happen to get you an amazing present.

"No, you're not allowed to outdo me." I stuck my tongue out at him, only for him to grab it. "Wet gwo." I said, trying to pull it out of his grasp.

"That tongue will get you in trouble, ma'am." he laughed, letting go.

"You're so not fair." I sighed.

We talked for what seemed to be forever. We were interrupted by Jack a couple times to come in and harass Alex, then other bands who were in and out before their time to play. All Time Low would be playing soon, then we could go home and be alone.

"What time is it?" I idly asked, nestling my face into his shirt.

"Hmm. Almost 9. We've been sitting here talking for the longest time ever." he laughed. "We'll go on in about ten minutes after We The Kings are finished with their set."

"Okay." I nodded, hugging on tighter to him. "I'm suddenly tired."

"Poor baby." he smirked. "After I play the show, go out and meet fans, we can go home."

"How many songs are in your setlist?"

"Ten. Can you survive?"

"What songs?"

"Shameless, Jasey Rae, Poppin' Champagne, Coffeeshop Soundtrack, The Girl's a Straight-Up Hustler, Remembering Sunday, Stay Awake, Six Feet Under The Stars, Running From Lions and Dear Maria." he mumbled. "Sound fair?"

"I suppose. I may sleep through your set though." I made a attempt to giggle.

"Fine then." he smiled and kissed my forehead. He played with my hair, something to just tempt me to fall asleep even more. I took a deep breath and fell asleep in his arms. Moments later I was being moved out of his lap, onto the sofa. "I'm gonna go play the show now baby, I'll be back." he told me, kissing my lips quickly.

"Mhm." I mumbled, closing my eyes again.
________________________________________

I awoke, bright sunlight coming through the bedroom window. I could barely remember what happened. Alex's side of the bed was empty. I pushed the blankets off of me and got up, slowly walking to the stairs. I heard the TV on downstairs and the washer machine running. I looked at the wall clock at the bottom of the stairs, seeing it was only 8:30. Why was he up so early?

I walked into the living room, seeing him setting on the sofa, laying over the arm asleep. "Alex?" I quietly said, running my fingers through his hair.

"Hm?" he sat up, yawning. "Good morning, I was just inspecting how comfortable the arm of the sofa was. Not bad." he patted it, making me giggle. I sat down next to him and patted my lap for him to lay his head on.

He did as I commanded, yawning and stretching as he laid back. "Why're you up so early?"

"Jack woke me up by text message to tell me that one of the babies kicked." he groaned, flipping his long hair around. "I feel happy for him and all, but fuck I'm sleeping!"

"Why didn't you go back to sleep?"

"Because I couldn't. I came downstairs and ate, started some laundry, watched TV, then I just passed out over the arm of the sofa."

"I didn't mean to wake you." I giggled. "I was just making sure you weren't dead."

"No, I'm still breathing." he smiled. "I also packed for you."

"Where are we going now?" I bit my lip, waiting for him to give me a hint of our next destination.

"Well, Kay has been dying to go back to Scotland to see her family and friends for Christmas, and she invited us all along with her to go. I think you and I need another adventure in our book, so I said that we'd go."

"I hate flying. Can we just drive?" I rolled my eyes, knowing it was impossible. "I don't even know where Scotland is on the map."

"It's in the UK, love." he laughed. "We're flying out in a few hours."

"Today?" I sighed. "You're fucking with my plans, Alexander."

"What plans?"

"I was going to go find you something for your birthday and Christmas and you're screwing with my plans."

"I don't care about the presents honestly. Getting to spend the day with you is the greatest present I can get. I'm looking forward to this time off to spend with you." he smiled, setting up to kiss me. "Also, I'm taking us back to New York on new years eve. Sound good?"

"I suppose." I giggled. "I like New York."

"I know, that's why we're going back. We're going to have a lovely walk through Central Park again."

"A year with you, I've been to twenty seven different states and three different countries. This is exciting."

"I know, expect more and more as time goes my love." he smiled, redirecting a piece of stray hair behind my ear.

"Okay." I nodded, curling into a ball at his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
This dragged on, but well it's an update. Foreshadowing onto whats next. On to Scotland they go!
Comment & Subscribe.