Status: active

Scream to be Heard

010

Alex’s POV

I woke up around noon and Lauren was still asleep. That was odd, because she was normally up before everyone. And I knew that because I could always hear her banging around in the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes and peeled my fingers off of Lauren’s waist. Her shirt had risen up just enough to reveal her stomach that moved up and down as she breathed. I smiled and got up. I pulled off the shirt I had on last night, and then relaxed back onto the bed. Lauren moaned and rolled over to face me. I smiled and touched her soft lips with my finger. Then I picked up her hand and looked at the small pokes in her fingers. I kissed each finger and gently laid her hand back down.

I then got up and walked into the living room where Jack and Zack were seated. “So there’s a party tonight, downtown.” Zack said shoving tortilla chips into his mouth.

“We should go!” Jack burst out. I looked over to Zack again. I wanted to go, but this time when I thought about it, Lauren was in the back of my mind.

“I think we should work on some more lyrics tonight.” I tried making up an excuse.

“That’s not going to take all day, Alex.” Jack said looking confused.

“Well, I don’t know.” I shrugged and pulled my guitar into my lap. Jack was still starring at me looking stunned.

“Alex? Are you serious?” He laughed.

“Okay, fine! I’ll go!” I laughed and strummed a chord.

“That’s my boy!” Zack said and then turned to go into the kitchen.

Just then, Lauren emerged from the bedroom. She was wearing her black rimmed glasses and had her hair pulled into a messy bun. “Hey guys.” She greeted and sat on the couch next to Zack.

“Hey Lauren!” Jack smiled. “You wanna go to a party tonight?” He asked. I watched her face turn from happy to confused. She glanced at me, and quickly averted her gaze.

“Oh uh…sure.” She finally smiled and relaxed further into the couch.

“YAY!!” Jack shot up from his chair, “I’m making pancakes!”

Lauren's POV

On the way to the party, Alex had slung his arm around mine. I leaned into him gently and could smell his cologne. He was wearing dark wash jeans, a Jagk shirt and a blue beanie. He looked breathtakingly gorgeous.

The party was bouncing when we arrived. I suddenly felt self conscious. All the girls were wearing short skirts and heels. There I was in jeans, a cute top and converse. I looked up at Alex who was eyeing other girls. I shook my head and wandered off to look around.

“Some party huh?” Zack came up behind me and patted my back. I nodded looking around the huge pool. It was a friend of Rian’s party. He was obviously extremely rich.

“Where’s Kara?” I asked. “I thought she was coming?”

Rian shook his head. “Not this one, she said she had too much stuff to do.” I nodded and checked my phone.

From: Karbear
Sorry, Not feelin it. Love you. <3

I rolled my eyes and stuck my phone back in my pocket. “I need a drink.” I said and walked towards the kitchen. I spotted Alex leaning against the granite counter top. He had a blue cup in his hands and grinned when he saw me.

“What’s up, Laur” he shortened my name.

“Not much.” I smiled. I glanced at his cup. “What number is that one?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

He frowned and put the cup down. “It’s actually my first.” He said. I looked at him in disbelief. “I’m not a raging alcoholic, Lauren.” He rolled his eyes.

“I know, but normally your drunk by now.” I said and poured myself a drink. I hopped up on the counter and Alex walked closer to me. “Guess what.” I whispered as his hands cautiously wrapped around my waist.

“What?” He mumbled into my ear. I shivered as his breath warmed my neck.

“I’m taller than you.” I giggled and took a sip of my drink. Alex laughed and pecked my cheek.

“Want to dance?” He suddenly asked. My stomach fluttered. I nodded and grabbed his hand as he led me off the counter and towards the rest of the party.

His hands on my hips were warm and comforting. His face was close to mine and I could feel him brushing his face against my hair. I felt completely at ease and loved every minute of it. The music was making the floor bounce, and I spotted Jack dancing across the room with his shirt off. I chuckled to myself and continued dancing to the beat with Alex next to me. I shut my eyes and his hands grasped tighter against my hips and traced circles just under my t-shirt. Not long into the second song we were dancing I was interrupted.

“Lauren?” My body tensed up. I knew that voice. I slowly stopped dancing and looked up.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG. I am SOOOOOO sorry. I haven't updated in like.... a century. Okay, so as you know I'm a dancer and we had a production of Dracula...the ballet, and it COMPLETELY consumed my time. But I'm back. Please dont hate me.... I kinda left this as a cliffhanger but I KNOW where I'm going with it now. so thanks so much if you stayed. :)

Comment-subscribe.

ps. I just had to add to the ending soooo if you didn't see that earlier go back and read it again. haha sorryy
bex