Status: active

Scream to be Heard

005

“Lauren!” Jack shot up and took off his guitar. He ran over to me and tackled me.

“AHH!” I yelped as he tackled me to the floor. “Get off me, Barakat!” I yelled. He climbed off me laughing. “I’m going to have a million bruises.” I muttered standing up.

“Your home late.” Zack said. Alex looked over at me and then back at his notebook, which I assumed had lyrics on it.

“Yeah, I went to go check on Kara.” I said slinging my back off my shoulder. “Speaking of her-Rian!” I yelled unsure of where he went.

“He left to go see, Kara actually.” Zack said.

“Okay good. She looked like hell.” I said and fell into the couch. “Are you guys almost done practicing?” I asked. “My head is killing me.”

“You should test.” Jack said, referring to my diabetes. I nodded. He threw me my “accu-check” monitor. I pricked my finger, wincing slightly and checked my glucose.

“Doesn’t that hurt?” Alex asked sitting next to me. I shrugged. The thing with Alex is that we fight, and then give each other space…Then everything seems to be okay again.

“I’m used to it I guess.” I said and relaxed into the couch. “I got some really cool designs done today.” I smiled.

“That’s awesome!” Alex said patting my leg.

“Thanks.” I said and got up. Alex looked like he was about to say something, but I really didn’t care to listen at the moment. I was too emotionally exhausted. “I’m going to bed.” I announced and walked towards my room.

“Goodnight.” Alex said. I waved him off and shut the door to my room. I plopped onto my bed and fell asleep instantly.



“Lauren?” Someone was moving my shoulder. I groaned. “Lauren, get up!” He said again.

“Mmpfh.” I replied shooing whoever it was. I peeked one eye open and saw Alex looking down at me. That was weird, he never woke me up. “What’s wrong? It’s Saturday, I want to sleep.”

“Can I talk to you?” he asked. To this I shot up in bed and attempted to make my hair look somewhat presentable.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“How are you?” He asked twirling his thumbs awkwardly. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“I really don’t think you woke me up to ask how I was.” I said stretching and revealing a little of my stomach. He looked down at it and then up at me again.

“I think we should hang out sometime.” He bit his lip nervously. It was weird seeing him so tense, he was always so smooth with the ladies.

“Okay.” I said cautiously.

“I was thinking maybe…”

“Yes?” I asked scratching my head. He chuckled.

“I love when you make that face.” I blushed madly.

“Spit it out, Gaskarth!” I said. He sat on the edge of my bed.

“I was thinking I could maybe, take you to dinner?” He rubbed his arm. I tried to hide my obnoxious grin, but failed miserably. For a minute I forgot how much of an ass he could be.
“Sure.” I squeaked. I felt him relax and the mood in the room became a lot better.

“Great!” He said and shot up from the bed. “Um..You can go back to sleep if you want. Sorry I woke you.” He said and left the room.

I debated on whether to go back to sleep or not, and soon realized it was impossible with what had just happened. I giggled obnoxiously and picked up my cell phone.

“Kara!?” I cried into the phone. “Kara! I’m going on a date!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to x.x.beth.x.x! Thanks for the comment! Also- I got 2 more subscribers! Which means I got a star!!! WHOOPIE! This may be tiny for some people, but I'm stoked! haha I'm sorry this is short but I have some really good ideas and I felt it was okay for this one to be shorter. So yah. Comments would be lovely. Because if I don't get them I assume the story sucks and I should stop. haha but for real,
Comment-subscribe

Thanks so much guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

-Bex