We're All Strangers in This World

Searching

Frank's POV

“Where would he possibly go?” I asked frantically to Mikey as we got up from our seats and began heading out towards the exit. Worry instantly flashed through me as I pictured Gerard on his own at night. Jersey doesn't exactly have the best reputation for safety. Considering Gerard's 'condition', if it was even classified as one, it would make it that much worse. He wouldn't be able to call for help if he needed it, he would be defenseless. We've got to find him..

“I don't know Frank. Maybe he went back home.” The way he said that made it seem like a question, like he was unsure himself. “Let's check the park where me met up at. Maybe he just needed some air.” I quickly nodded, walking far ahead of all of the guys in a hurry. I don't know why, but I suddenly got a bad feeling about this. I didn't like the fact that Gerard was out there on his own. I mean..what if something happened to him? I couldn't help but to blame myself for it if anything did. I was the one who leaned in to kiss him first. Maybe I actually did freak him out.

Of course you did. You almost kissed him, you..a disgusting freak..almost kissed him. No wonder he ran away.

I shook my head to get the annoying voice out of my head. It helped, for now. I knew he'd be back sooner or later. He never left. Once we reached the park we took a quick scan. The park wasn't very big so you could see just about everything there. “Fuck! I don't see him. Do any of you?” Ray asked as we all looked over the whole park. I shook my head, knowing Mikey and Bob was doing the same. Suddenly, something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. I broke away from the rest of them as Ray spoke again. “Why don't you try texting him? He always answers.”

As I got closer to the object, my chest became heavy with worry, tears threatening to break free as I bent down to pick the thing up. There, laying in the grass was Gerard's cell phone. A heavy sigh left my lips as I showed the phone to everyone else. “Because he wouldn't answer if we did.” Mikey's eyes widened as he took the phone from my hands. “I'm gonna go look for him. Mikey, you have my number, call me if you find him. I'll do the same.” He quickly nodded before they walked off in a different direction hurriedly. I hope he's okay...

I just started walking towards no place specific. I had no clue where he was, he could be anywhere by now..alone. My pace quickened at the fear of him being hurt. It hurt to even imagine it. When I looked up from the ground, I noticed that I had walked back into town, and not the good part either. Down here there was nothing but run down buildings and abandoned warehouses. Not a good place to be, especially at this time of night. All the monsters seem to come out to play.

Just like me..

And to top it all off, it's beginning to rain. Not just some sprinkle either. This was a full on downpour. Thunder roared fiercely above me as I pulled my hood to cover my head to attempt to keep myself dry. Within minutes I was fully soaked, shaking from the cold wind that was whipping past me vigorously. Fuck I hope he's okay..

As I rounded the corner of a street that led to nothing but warehouses, I could hear laughter and shuffling of feet. When I got closer, my worst fears were realized. Gerard was laying on the ground, four men standing around him, kicking him while they laughed. “Gerard!” I screamed out, causing the guys to look up at me before quickly running away. A tear fell down my cheek as I ran as fast as I could to close the distance between us. “Gee..” I bit my lip to hold back a sob as I bent down to his level to sit him up. He flinched from my touch. His bloodied face contorting in fear as he looked up at me, wondering if it was really me instead of those guys again. “It's me, Frank.” He blinked a few times before opening his mouth to try and say something but nothing came out.

“Shhh.. It's okay. I'm here.” I quickly wrapped my arms around him and pulled him so that we were underneath an awning so that we were out of the rain. He shook violently as I pulled him close to me, rubbing my arms up and down his back to try and warm him up. His breathing was quick and shallow as he sobbed against my chest. I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, thankful that it still works despite being soaking wet, and quickly dialed Mikey's number.

“Hello?”

“Mikey! I-I found him! We're by the warehouses. He's not looking too good, hurry!” I shut the phone, not waiting for his reply as I put the phone back in my pocket before wrapping my arm around him again, this time bringing us closer to that our bodies were touching. He looked up at me with teary eyes before resting his head on my shoulder, his forehead brushing against my neck. Mikey needs to hurry up!

This is all your fault
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soooooooooo very sorry that this is as late as it is! I can't get in contact with my coauthor, so i decided to update for her! This chapter is shit, so I apologize for that too..

Thank you sooo much for those that stayed with us! You guys are awesome!
comment/subscribe and all that jazz !
xoxo~Jen