We're All Strangers in This World

Number

Frank's POV

“D-do you really mean that?” I ask as my face starts to turn as red as his. There's no way someone can think that about me. I'm..crazy. No one likes the crazy people..

He bites his lip as he scribbles something down on his notepad. 'Of course I mean it. I mean look at you. You're gorgeous! I'm surprised you don't already have a boyfriend.' If my face could have gotten redder, I'm sure it would have.

Oh if only he knew the real reason you didn't have a boyfriend. If he knew you drove all the other ones off, I'm sure he'd be running too. Who wants a crazy person anyways?

I shake my head to clear my thoughts as I lead us over to a park bench. A small sigh leaves my lips as I look around the park. He really is right, it is beautiful out here. I've never really taken the time to give a proper look.

Gerard nudges my shoulder, breaking my train of thought. I look down at his notebook to red what he's written. 'This may seem cheesy, and I apologize, but I like spending time with you, even though we've only met a few hours ago. You make me happy.'

I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my lips. “Aww, Gee.” I lean in and wrap my arms around his. “I feel the same way too. No one likes to be near me because they think I'm crazy. And well, you're the only person who has actuallly carried on a conversation with me.”

He chuckles and scribbles something down again. 'Hmm..It can only be a conversation if two or more people are actually talking. I can't talk.... So technically, I'm just listening and taking notes.' He chuckles as he realizes that I'm done reading.

I playfully slap his arm. “Oh, you know what I mean.” He rolls his eyes and squeezes my shoulder briefly.

You shouldn't get to close to him, Frankie boy. You know you'll just drive him away eventually. Why bother?

“Shut up.” I closed my eyes and mumbled under my breath. Why does he always have to come in and ruin everything. Every time I get a little happy, he's always there to ruin everything. I wish he would just leave me the fuck alone.

Get used to me, baby.

Gerard tapped my shoulder so I looked up at him. He motioned for his notepad with a shy smile playing at the corner of his lips. I looked down at the notepad and smiled. 'This may be a bit weird..but can I have your number. It'd be nice for someone to talk to..well text anyways.'

I held my hand out for his pen, which he gladly handed over and quickly scrawled my number down. I wrote Frankie and a heart under my number. Maybe he'll put that as my name.

I look up at the sky and notice that it's beginning to get dark outside. An annoyed sigh leaves my lips as I stand up, turning so that I was facing Gerard. “I gotta get home. Text me later. I wanna meet up with you tomorrow...if that's okay?” My bottom lip found its way between my teeth as I looked down at my feet.

He stood up and lifted my chin with his fingers so that I could look into his eyes. The same smile was still spread across his face as he gently nodds.

“Thank you, Gee. I'll see you tomorrow!” I say before giving a quick peck to his cheek. Before he could say anything I turned and walked off, not wanting to meet his probably shocked gaze. What did I just do?

Scared him off probably.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3