Status: Active!

All That I Needed Was You

This Can't Be Happening

I remember as if it were only yesterday. What an amazing night! There we were, my and my best friend, at an actual New Kids On The Block Concert! And we had front row tickets!

"I can't believe we actually got tickets!" My friend Amy yelled as we walked into the arena. "And they're front row! Right in front of the stage!" She rushed to her seat and marveled at how close we were to the stage.

"We could probably touch one of them!" I squealed. "I can't imagine what it would be like to actually touch Donnie." I sighed and thought about it. Me. Close enough to touch Donnie Wahlberg. It was just unimaginable. I silently thanked my neighbors for paying me to babysit their seven year old son so I could get the money for some tickets.

"Okay, Devi. We've got about twenty minutes until the concert starts." Amy was thinking about sneaking backstage before the concert, and she was just now telling me her master plan.

"Amy, I love you, but I really don't feel like getting arrested tonight." I smiled and looked back at the stage. "Plus, maybe if we're lucky, one of them will notice us." I bit my bottom lip to keep me from screaming in excitement at the thought.

~*~

We were halfway through the concert and I had already grabbed Donnie's hand three times. This was the best night ever! Amy and I were in the process of swaying and singing along to "Please Don't Go Girl" when I noticed it. Donnie, that is. He was looking right at me. Me. My heart skipped a beat as we locked eyes. Donnie and I locked eyes for a whole five seconds! And I had to giggle when he messed up his steps.

"Oh my God! Devi! Donnie looked right at you!" Amy yelled from beside me. All I could do was nod. I couldn't believe it, myself.

~*~

The rest of the concert was amazing. Donnie looked at me a few more times and almost pulled me up during "Cover Girl", but Joey had already chosen someone. I didn't really care though, Donnie noticed me, and that's all I wanted.

"That was the most amazing concert ever!" Amy was jumping up and down with excitement as we walked out to my car. As I was unlocking my car, I heard girls screaming from behind me. I didn't pay any attention until Amy tapped me on the shoulder. "Turn around." She told me. I turned around to see Donnie running after me, and I froze.

"This isn't happening. It's only a dream. This. Isn't. Happening." I slowly realized that Donnie Wahlberg really was running towards me. "Oh my God." I whispered to myself.

"Hi." Donnie smiled as he stopped right in front of me. Say hi! Say hi, dammit! The word somehow was stuck in my throat. "I-uh-noticed you in the crowd, and-uh-thought you and your friend would like to go and grab a bit to eat with us. Maybe grab a drink afterward... or something."

"I... uh... sure." I smiled. "We'd love to." I heard Amy cough from beside me. "Just a moment." I walked off about two yards to talk to her. "What?"

"We can't get a drink! We're not twenty-one yet!" Amy whispered harshly.

"We can get a soda or something. I wasn't planning on 'drinking'. Plus, come on! It's Donnie freaking Wahlberg!" I looked over my shoulder to see Donnie awkwardly standing by my car while girls of all ages gathered around to gawk at him. "Look at him. He's beautiful." I sighed and Donnie waved at me. "Please?"

"Fine. We can go." Amy smirked.

"Thank you!" I hugged her and we walked back over to Donnie. "We'd love to go." I said again.

"Great! Just, follow our bus..." He leaned close to my face and my heartbeat was going about a millions miles a minute. "Follow the red one, that's the one we'll be switching to about halfway there. Everyone always follows the blue one the rest of the way." His breath was hot on my ear and I thought I was going to pass out. All I could do was nod. "See you in twenty minutes." I nodded again and he kissed my cheek. I could feel the blood burning in my cheeks. He ran off and I quickly turned to unlock my car.

"He just kissed your cheek." Amy whispered.

"Uh-huh." It took everything not to scream. I finally got the doors unlocked and we climbed into the car. I followed the red bus like Donnie said to and the rest of the night was kind of... a blur.
♠ ♠ ♠
WAHOO! New story starring Devika and Donnie! I hope you guys like it! I hope you like it too, Devika!
Much love!
xxx
Lindsay!