Status: Active!

All That I Needed Was You

In Like

"I'll call you sometime." Donnie smiled as we walked out to my car. Amy got in my car and turned the radio on. "I had fun tonight."

"Me too. Thanks for inviting me." I leaned against my car and smiled at him. He leaned up against my car next to me.

"We should do this next time I'm in town."

"Most definitely." I smiled and looked up at the sky.

"Come on, Devi!" Amy said. "Mom will wonder where I am." Amy rolled the window up and I said my goodbyes to Donnie and gave him my number.

"I'll call you as soon as I can." He smiled and ran off to his bus.


~*~

"Three weeks." I said when Amy walked into my room. "It's been three weeks, and he hasn't called." I said irritably

"Good to see you too." Amy sat down on my bed next to me. I sighed and flopped down on my back. "What's wrong?"

"Donnie. He hasn't called me... and it's been three damn weeks! He said he would call me--"

"As soon as he can." Amy said back to me. "You gotta think, he's on tour. He's famous. He's probably got a million things to do."

"I know." I sighed and sat back up. "It's just--" The phone was ringing. "Oh my gosh!" I ran to the tiny living room in my apartment and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Devika?"

"Yes?"

"I told you it was the right number, Joey! Hey, it's Donnie." My heart jumped in excitement.

"Hey, I was just talking about you." I smiled.

"Not in a creepy way, I hope." He laughed.

"Not at all." I smiled.

"Sorry I didn't call sooner... I was really busy, and when I had time to call you, Joey had me thinking it was a number he was supposed to call, then I would get all confused and just think 'forget it, I'll call tomorrow' then I never do, so today I finally got the balls to call you and now I'm just rambling on... sorry." Donnie got quiet.

"It's fine. I enjoy listening to you... 'ramble'." I laughed. "To be honest, I'm just glad you called. I thought you totally forgot about me."

"Nah, I didn't forget you. I actually thought about you... a lot." Donnie admitted quietly. My heart picked up speed.

"Aww! Donnie and Devika sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes-"

"Shut up!" Donnie cut whoever was chanting in the background off.

"Donnie loves Devika! Donnie loves Devika!"

"Danny! Shut... can I call you back?" Donnie asked as another round of 'Donnie loves Devika' was chanted.

"Yeah." I laughed. "Talk to you soon." We hung up.

"Was that Donnie?" Amy asked standing in her doorway.

"Crap! You scared me! I forgot you were here."

"Love you too, Dev." Amy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, it was him." I smiled and bit my bottom lip.

"You're so in love."

"In like." I corrected.

"Whatever." Amy shrugged and grabbed the phone. "Chinese take-out tonight?" I nodded and went to my room to grab my book.

~*~

Halfway through our dinner and movie, the phone rang. I reached for it, but Amy stopped me. "Wait a few more rings. Don't want to seem desperate, do you?" I looked at the phone.

"Yes!" I tried to grab it, but Amy had already answered it.

"Hello? Devika's apartment." Pause. "Please hold." She held her hand over the mouth piece. "It's your mother." I sighed in disappointment. I took the phone from her and held it up to my ear.

"Hey mom."

"Hey, sweetie. I was just making sure you were doing okay. How's the apartment? Have there been any boys over? Have you paid all your bills? Are you brushing your teeth before you go to bed every night? Are you eating all three meals?" My mom asked her normal questions she asks me three times a week.

"Great, no, yes, yes, and four." I answered her questions in order. "I just moved out two months ago mom, it's not been that long." I rolled my eyes and took another bite of my rice. My mom rambled on while I ate my rice and watched my movie. Somehow it was cuter when Donnie rambled.

"And make sure-"

"Mom! I know. I love you, but I really need to get back to.... cleaning." I made up a quick lie just so I could get back to my nice dinner.

"Okay. I love you sweetheart!"

"Love you too, mom." I quickly hung up the phone to avoid any further instruction.

"You're such a naughty daughter. Lying to your mother like that. Tsk, tsk." Amy waved a finger at me.

"Oh, just eat your egg roll."
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter! I hope you enjoy it!
xxx