Status: Active!

All That I Needed Was You

Donnie Kissed Me!

"Do you really have to go?" I asked Donnie as he got up from the couch.

"Unfortunately." He sighed. "I'm in this band that's gotten pretty popular... maybe you've heard of us! Anyway, there's an interview tomorrow and I can't miss it." Donnie smiled at me apologetically.

"I understand." I sighed and got up to walk him to the door. "Well, I guess you don't want to be late and disappoint thousands of fans." I shrugged and opened the door for him. Donnie smiled his breath-taking half-smile.

"I'll call you as soon as I land, okay?" Donnie promised. I nodded and gave him a hug. "See you later, Devika."

"See you later." I smiled and let go of him so he could walk out the door. As soon as I shut the door, I turned to go to my room to get dressed for work, and before I could even reach my door, the front door flew open. "Geez, Amy. I get that work sucks, but there's no need to--" I turned around to see Donnie standing in the doorway. "Donnie?"

"I-I forgot something." Donnie whispered.

"What did you forget?" I asked and started to walk over to the couch. "I don't see anything." I felt Donnie's hand on my shoulder and he pulled me around to face him. My breath caught in my throat when I realized how close his face was to mine.

"This." He breathed and the next thing I knew, his lips were on mine. I stood there in shock and let Donnie kiss me for a minute before I threw my arms around his neck and began to kiss him back. "Damn." Donnie breathed and he put his forehead on mine. "What a way to leave, right? Kiss you the day before Valentine's day..."

"Better than never." I bit my bottom lip and looked into his eyes.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "I really should get going..." Donnie looked at my lips and pecked them quickly. "I'll call you... tonight?"

"As soon as you land." I let my hands fall to his chest. "Promise?"

"Promise." Donnie kissed me one more time and walked out the door. I sat down on the couch and touched my lips where he had kissed me and felt the blood running to my face. Screw work! I was staying right by the phone until he called. I would call in sick. That's what I would do.

~*~

"So guess who had to cover your shift because someone called in 'sick'? You'd better have a good reason as to why-" Amy came barging into the apartment.

"Donnie kissed me!" I blurted out interrupting her mid-complaint.

"What?!" Amy ran over to the couch where I was sitting and demanded to know more.

"Donnie kissed me. And he swore he would call me as soon as his plane landed so I had to wait..." I realized how pathetic I sounded the faster the words came out. "It sounded logical in my head at the time..."

"I know, honey. I know." Amy laughed. "What do you want to do for dinner?"

"Take-out's good enough for me." I said as the phone rang. "Donnie?" I said hopefully.

"No... it's your mother."

"Hey, mom." I smiled.

"How is everything? College?"

"Everything's great mom. I'm graduating in a few months and-"

"That's great sweetheart! Listen, about that Donnie fellow you thought I was-"

"That's just my... English 104 partner mom. We're working on a major project and-" The phone beeped indicating a call waiting. "That's him, mom. I'll call you tomorrow, okay? Love you." I clicked over. "Hello?"

"Hey, we landed." Donnie's voice sounded like he was smiling. I sighed in relief.

"That's good to hear." I smiled and held the phone closer.

"About earlier... I'm really sorry to kiss you then leave and-"

"It's okay, I swear, just hurry back, okay?"

"I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update! College is coming up soon and I'm SUPER stressed! I promise, there will be more updates though!
xx
Lindsay