Status: One Shot

A Summer Romance

1

The hot country summer air had finally cooled off and there was a slight breeze. I was at the local carnival with my cousin and her boyfriend. So out of the kindness of her own heart she brought a guy to keep me company. We were getting along fine, but we both new we were not going to get anywhere.

We were on the Ferris wheel it was a very old one so there was only two people to each seat. I was alone I kind of ditched my ‘date’ when he was in the bathroom. All of a sudden there was yelling.

“Blake you’re dead!” I couldn’t see very well because I was towards the bottom of the ride. Next thing I know there is a boy running right for me. There was a bar holding me in the seat, but it was thin so he jumped right next to me.

His eyes scanned the ground quickly to see the operator of the ride yelling at him and stopping the ride when we were almost to the top.

“Blake get off there” this kid rolled his eyes as he looked down to yell at the operator.

“I’ll pay you when Jeremy leaves.”

“I‘m telling your father! That was stupid and dangerous.” the man yelled back. I sighed rolling my eyes. The ride started going again, but stopped when we got right to the top. I was getting really mad at this guy for ruining my alone time.

“Would you like to go out on a date with me?” he asked out of the blue looking into my eyes. He was dead serious about this.

“No, I don’t even know you.” moving away as far as possible from him. “Just leave me alone so I can be on my way and never see you again.”

“You leave me no choice. You brought this upon yourself.” He stood up grabbing the bar that was right above us. The bar was a foot or two away from the seat so he was dangling down.

“What the hell are you doing?” I screamed. This guy wanted a date with me that bad I was flattered, but I was not going to let him know that. “Get back here this instant.”

“Not until you go out with me.” He was looking down at me his eyes never leaving mine. I looked down to see if someone would help. Instead, there was a crowed forming at the bottom looking at us.

“No“ I said sternly this guy was crazy so why would I ever want to go out with him.

“I really didn’t want to have to do this.” he was trying to get a firmer grip on the bar. Once he had a firmer grip on the bar he let his left arm fall to his side. He was holding on to the bar with one hand and of course I screamed again. This guy was going to die because of me.

“Go out with me.”

“Fine I’ll go out with you” I mumbled looking at my shoes.

“What was that babe I couldn‘t hear you” he would not let up. The other option was to say no a bunch of times and see what he would do. My better judgment got to me and I just blurted it out.
.
“I WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOU” I yelled at the top of my lungs he smirked triumphantly.

“Okay all you had to do was ask” he put both his hand on to pole again and jumped back on to the cart. I scooted away from him he did not say anything he just had a smirk on his face.

“So I was thinking maybe we could get a slice after this.” he said as the ride started up again. Once we reached the bottom the ride stopped.

“No thanks. How about a rain check.” I said as the ride operator lifted the bar and let us out and I took off. Thankfully he did not follow me I went to go find my cousin so I could get out of here.

“Claire!” I called for my cousin I found her near the midway games. She was holding a giant stuffed panda.

“I saw your little love spat” she smirked as I hit her shoulder playfully.

“Yah. Well it’s not like I’m going to see him again.” I laughed nervously hoping my words were true. I felt someone staring at me and I was not going to turn around to find out who it was.

“I’ll me you at the car” I called going around Claire and Ryan. I ran straight to the car.

Blake’s POV

I didn’t want to come to this stupid carnival I got dragged by my brother who was trying to pick up girls, but it wasn’t really working.

“Come on Clair please!” he begged her for the hundredth time even though he knew she had a boyfriend.

“No Jeremy, I told you I have a boyfriend.” she stood there with an annoyed look. My brother has been trying to get Claire Stevenson scene they were in kindergarten.

“Claire I’m going to play a game” A girl came from behind her. I didn’t pay any attention to her before, but now as I looked at her I knew she was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on.

“Okay I’ll see meet you over there” Claire smiled as she noticed me staring at the mystery girl. As my eyes flickered back to Claire she had a annoyed look on her face.

“I wouldn’t bother with her Blake she’s not your type. My cousin has better taste than a country boy” Claire said smugly as I saw another guy walked up to her cousin. He put his arm around her, but you could tell just by looking at her that she was uncomfortable around the guy.

“You don’t know my type Claire” I walked off trying to find the mystery girl. After searching for a while, I found her alone playing that milk bottle game.

“Aw come on one more try.” she begged the guy behind the counter smirking at her.

“Only because you’re funny to watch” he said. All I could feel was that little ping of jealousy because he was flirting with her.

“Yes I did it! In your face!” she was jumping up and down existed that she had won a game.

“Here you go” the man gave her a stuffed panda.

“He’s so cute“ She walked to the stall next to the one she was at and the guy from earlier had won a giant bear.

“Here he’s for you” he said as she smiled and great fully took the bear out of his hands and hugged it pulling it into her chest.

“Thank you” kissing his cheek. “I hate to ask you this, but do mind putting these in the car I need to go use the little girls room” she said he did not say anything he just nodded as he took the bear from her hands. “I’ll meet you right here!” Next thing I know she took off.

“Hey you want to go on the bumper cars?” She asked as she made her way over to Claire and Ryan who holding on to Claire’s waist.

“Sure” she smiled. Her smile made me feel like there was nothing wrong with the world that there was nothing in the world except her.

“Hey bro you’re stalking that girl” I just walked away not wanting to deal with him right now.

“You know I could probably get her faster, then you” I hated it when he tried to challenge me. But sometimes it was a good thing I wouldn’t know how to play guitar if he didn’t.

“Come on bro I’m hungry” I sighed as we went to go get food for the bottomless pit that was known as my brother.

“Dude will you get over this girl” Jeremy asked with pizza stuffed in his mouth.

“Shut up” I said and that’s when I saw her again.

The girl of my dreams on the fairs wheel all alone. All I wanted to do was be there sitting next to her talking and showing her my feelings towards her. Okay I know this is weird but, I am feeling like a stalker.

“Earth to stalker! Come in stalker!” I was getting tried of him calling me that even though it was some what true. I took my ice cream cone and shoved it in his face.

“It looks good on you bro” he stood up as I fell off the bench I was sitting on and quickly ran away. That’s when I had the brilliant idea of running to the fairs wheel. And as luck would have it I jumped right into her car. What a great timing for god to come into play of my fate.

Sierra’s POV

It’s been about a week since the carnival and I have not heard from the mysterious suicidal man and I wanted to keep it that way. I was grocery shopping for my aunt because she was at work and I thought it would be helpful.

My aunt has two jobs just to keep up with her lifestyle. You see when she was married to my uncle they were living the good life he owned some big company out here. And when he left her he took all the money out of all the accounts leaving her with nothing.

“Sierra you have to come with us to the party it will be great and since Chris didn’t work out I was thinking about finding you another guy.” she thought that a guy was going to make me go no way.

“I actually wanted to spend the night in tonight” I said as I grabbed some milk.

“But that’s no fun. Please” she begged as I walked down over to the cash register.

“I’ll think about it okay so please just shut up.” I began to put things on the conveyor belt and Claire was looking threw a magazine.

Somehow Claire had convinced me to go to this stupid party. And it was like every other house party I have been to. As soon as we walked in Claire ditched me to go and find Ryan. I walked past the kitchen where the alcohol was passing. Somehow I made it threw the living room without bumping into anyone. There was no one out here and with the glass door closed I could not hear most of the commotion going on inside. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a trampoline.

“Hey that’s convent.” I said going over to the corner of the backyard. I climbed up and laid in the middle looking up to the sky. I wanted to jump around, but if someone from the party saw me there would be a crowed and I would never be able to be alone.

I don’t know how long I was out there for, but I was so focused on finding the few stars that I could find due to the light pollution.

“Hey!” I looked over to my right to see who it was.

“Why do you hate me so much?” I asked the sky. It was the guy from the fair that asked me to go out with him.

“I don’t hate you” he said as I went back to looking up to the sky. I stayed quiet.

“Oh the silent treatment well I can live with that. I hope you don’t mind if I lie next to you.” he said as he got up and rolled his way over next to me.

“So I have an idea we play 20 questions and than I leave you alone for the week.” he said I did not answer. “Okay well then I just have to jump on you” He got up and began jumping around me in a circle. I squealed when I started to move without having any control of where I was going. And if there was one thing I hated it was having no control over myself. Then, he jumped up his foot landing less than two inches away from my face.

“Okay I’ll play just please stop jumping.” he stepped away before jumping up one last time and landing next to me crossed legged. “so you first.”

“do you ever shut up?”

“nope” I sighed frustrated “Where are you from?”

“I live in Seattle” I knew only part of that was true I was not going to tell this guy where I lived I barley knew him. I actually lived in a suburb of Seattle.

“Why do you keep bugging me?” I asked looking him in the eyes.

“Because I like you” he answered me simply. I sighed not exactly the answer I wanted I was kind of hoping he would say because I had nothing else to do.

“How long are you going to be staying here?”

“Until the 16th”

“That’s two more weeks!” he sounded shocked like he actually cared.

“Yah so what. Why do you care?”

“I said because I like you.” he looked at me and smiled. I would never say this out loud, but he had a cute smile.

“No you can’t have the same answer.”

“Fine, Because I really wanted that date I was promised.” I sighed shaking my head as I got up. I rolled off the trampoline and got off.

“Hey where are you going?” he asked quickly getting off the trampoline walking over to me. I turned to face him as he tried to look into my eyes which were glued to the ground.

“Away from you.” I said as I went to the right side of the house trying to find a way out, but unfortunately all I saw was a wall.

“Wait a second one date that’s all I am asking for.” he said leaning down to look into my eyes. “Give me a chance I’m not that bad.” he said with a smile I smiled back. Those eyes I knew one thing by looking into his eyes. I never wanted to look away from those beautiful brown eyes. I smiled and gave him a very light innocent kiss. Looking away I said.

“Okay.”