‹ Prequel: The Crosby Life
Status: Active

The Fleury Life

Just Keep Coming

We didn’t say anything to anyone at the party about the pregnancy. Most of the guys were too drunk to remember in the morning, so we didn’t even bother.
Jordan did come up, though, and hugged both Marc and myself.
“Ah, so that’s the real reason you disappeared for the day,” my husband said with a twinkle in his eyes.
I grinned sheepishly as Jordan laughed. “Well, he’s the one who put out the allegation, and I needed someone to come with me.”
Marc-Andre chuckled and pressed a kiss to my cheek. “I’m just glad that someone was looking after you.” He winked and I shook my head, burying my giggles in his chest.
Jordan turned to leave, just as Geno popped up. “Congrats!” He said with his goofy, Russian grin.”
Marc raised an eyebrow at me while we all laughed. “And, he happened to be in the room with us.”
Marc shook his head. “Why am I not surprised. These two follow you like lost pups.”
Jordan and Geno just grinned, causing me to giggle more.
I’m just so elated right now, that I think anything could make me go into a fit of giggles.
We left the party around twelve thirty. I was beginning to get a little tired underneath all of my happiness. Even though I am beyond happy, I still have been sick which has taken a lot out of me.
Even when we got home, though, and got into bed, we still chattered for about an hour and a half before I finally fell asleep, cuddling into my husband’s chest.

Marc-Andre’s PoV:
I watched her fall into a deep slumber, her slender back towards me, just inches away from my chest. I stared at her chocolate colored curls which flowed gentle behind her and down her back. I swept the strands that were falling in front of her beautiful face back. She stirred slightly before sighing heavily in her sleep.
I smiled in the dark and slid my hand down her body, and rested it on her belly, where our child currently grew inside of her.
With my thumb, I stroked her belly gently as I stared at the profile view of her beautiful face. There are no words to describe how happy I am ever since she told me she was pregnant. I love this woman more than anything else in this life, and there is nothing else that could make me as happy as having a child with her; with my love, my partner, my soul mate.
Sierra rolled over to face me, and she automatically nestled close against my own body. I wrapped my arm around her tightly, and snuggled back, a smile on my face.
“Je t’aime,” I whispered to her, just before ultimately falling asleep myself.

Sierra’s PoV:
The next day was a day off, so we didn’t get a chance to see the team. However, both of us called our respective family members to inform them of the exciting news, including my twin brother.
He hooted on the other line, laughing as he told Jenna, who I heard scream in delight in the background. I erupted into giggles myself.
The rest of the day consisted of us receiving texts from various people. Word travels fast among the team, and even former teammates since Max called me about an hour after I told Sidney. By the time we got to the rink the next day for practice, the whole team knew.
However, before that, we went to the first doctors appointment that I scheduled as soon as possible to get the different items I would need, such as the prenatal vitamins.
Once we did arrive at the rink, a loud chorus of “Congratulations” made me stumble as I entered the locker room as I usually do before heading to the training room to drop my crap off. Marc had to grab my arm to keep me steady.
A bunch of the guys came up to us and personally hugged me and shook hands with my husband. It was a little weird, but very sweet of everyone.
The days carried on as usual, me helping out at practice, except for the fact that everyone was a little more careful while around me. I purposely tripped Jordan with his own stick at one point when he wouldn’t come to get it from me. He got mad and picked me up and skated around with my feet just above the ice, squealing at him.
The rest of the team just laughed and didn’t try to save me. So I gave them the cold shoulder for most of the day. Even after practice when they came in for treatment, I left them in the care of Scott and Chris.
I grinned wickedly when they weren’t looking.
Everything was fairly normal throughout the week. We had no games, and Duper was recovering. Kris finally started workouts, and Robert was almost ready too. We were finally getting healthy.
But that didn’t last long.
At all.
In the game on Friday, the nightmare struck again.
In the third, I watched in horror as Rupper and Jordan collided in a knee-to-knee hit. Now, I know Rupper well, and I know for a fact it wasn’t intentional, but I’d be lying if I said that I was a little mad and frightened when I saw Jordan just lying there.
I rushed onto the ice, TK holding onto my elbow to steady me, and I dropped to my knees next to the tall blonde. He was moaning and whimpering in pain, and I knew right away that is was bad. I only said a few words to him before I could get him up. He leaned heavily against me, with someone else, I’m not sure who, helping on his other side to get him towards the bench. He favored his knee heavily and once at the bench, Scott and Chris took him down the runway along with the team doctor. I was told to stay behind just in case.
We lost, again, and the frustration was evident. I talked with Dan, my fellow trainers, and the doctor about Jordan while everyone else changed. The seriousness of the injury is unknown. And that concerns me the most.
My injury plagued team is falling in the standings. I know it’s not fair to blame the injuries, since we should be able to find a way to win no matter what, but what can I say. These are my boys, my family. I will make excuses for them if I can. And I am right now.
The locker room was filled with an angry silence as I came in to put Jordan’s stuff in his stall. Few looked up at me, some avoided my gaze, including my husband.
A low growl came from my throat, and those of the guys who played with me last and beyond all looked up at me. The others who never played alongside of me looked up, confused, and glanced at the others who were just staring at me in an expecting, almost shameful way.
They knew that growl. And they knew what it meant.
“Grow up!” I growled at them, looking between most of them. They all flinched every time that I met their gaze. “Stop feeling so god damned sorry for yourselves! You played well out there. But luck was not on our side. You could have played better, but you didn’t play horribly.”
Some of the guys looked away, now feeling ashamed. “So stop hanging you heads and think about tomorrow. Injuries plague us, but that’s no excuse to stop playing OUR game. Make them,” I pointed towards the ice, “play OUR game. Hold your chins high and go out tomorrow to show everyone who we are. Show them that the Pittsburgh Penguins don’t give up!”
A murmur started to go throughout the locker room, and Dan nodded at me, trying to hide the smile upon his lips. I took one last look around the room and met Marc-Andre’s eyes. We stared at each other for a long moment before I said quietly to the loud room. “We all make mistakes. But that’s how we learn.”
Only he heard me. And a gentle smile crossed his lips, nodding his head ever so slightly to acknowledge what I said.
I turned to leave the locker room, leaving my team to their thoughts. I smiled to myself. We would find a way. Somehow. We always do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going through a hard time right now, so I'm not sure how often I'll update. I'll try when I can.

Also, if you go look at the characters for my stories, you can see pictures of them, including Sierra.