‹ Prequel: The Crosby Life
Status: Active

The Fleury Life

Attacked

General PoV:
All was quiet in the Fleury household. The happy couple had one of their teammates, Emelie Varron, over for dinner. Sierra was concerned about her longtime friend, because she was being unusually reckless in her playing- like purposely going after others and getting into fights. Sierra wanted to make sure she was ok.
Yet every time Sierra and Marc-Andre tried to ask her if she was ok, she steeled herself, becoming angry and much like the Emelie she used to be a few years ago.
And that’s what concerned Sierra the most, since she really was improving and becoming a much better person.
Even now, however, Sierra watched Emelie drown herself in alcohol. She shared a look with her husband, who wore the same worried look upon his gentle face.
That’s when Sierra decided to ask Emelie about Max, in a very gentle, motherly tone.
And that is when the quiet night in the Fleury household became disrupted, as Emelie went into a blind rage and screamed at her best friends, and did something no one would ever have expected her to do to her friends.

Sierra’s PoV:
My eyes widened as I watched Emelie reached for her glass of beer as I tried to calm her down. Before I could properly react, she threw the glass at me.
I shut my eyes tight and turned my face to the side, trying to protect myself. I only just turned away before the glass slammed into my left cheek and shattered.
I shrieked in pain and brought my hands to my face as I felt blood spill from the large, jagged wound that was left upon the glass’ impact. I was lucky though because I was able to turn my face enough for the glass to completely miss my eye.
I glanced up at Emelie through my fingers as she stared at me, still looking furious. Marc was on his feet, shouting in French.
“Get out!” He screamed at her, his face as red as he could possibly be. He is never, ever mad, I have never seen him mad, and now he was furious.
“Get out of my house!” He yelled again, grabbing Emelie by the arm.
She jerked away. “Don’t touch me!” She snarled back at him.
Marc lost it. “GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, VARRON!” He grabbed her and pulled her forcefully towards the door and shoved her out. She hissed and kicked in anger. “Don’t you DARE come back.”
I stood there, dumbfounded. My cheek throbbed with pain and I could feel my blood seeping through my fingers, yet I couldn’t quite wrap my brain around what had just happened.
“Sierra,” Marc whispered as he raced back to my side, his hands along my wrists. “Oh, God.”
I just stared at him, wide-eyed. “I...I...” I couldn’t form a sentence.
Marc-Andre grabbed his keys and gently pulled my towards the garage with him. It took me a while to realize that there was a cloth pressed up to my cheek and that we were heading towards the E.R.
Once there, Marc took a picture of my cheek, which looked like someone took a piece of broken glass and slashed my face multiple times. The glass of beer sinking into my skin revealed my cheek bone.
I had to get stitched up pretty good, and the whole time Marc was on the phone. There was little pieces of glass still stuck in my cheek too, which made the process even more painful.
But I still couldn’t quite understand what just happened.
I was curled up on the couch in the E.R. waiting room, free to go, while I waited for Marc to get off the phone. I texted my brother what had happened and he promised to meet me and Marc back home.
Marc finally got off the phone and knelt down in front of me, concern in his deep, dark eyes. “Ma chérie, are you alright?”
I nodded absently, which didn’t convince Marc in the least. He scooped my up in his arms and walked out to the car.
As promised, Sidney was waiting for us when we got home.
“Oh, my God, Sierra.” He raced over to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly, making sure not to touch my cheek. “What happened? Tell me exactly what happened.”
“Inside,” Marc said, just as his phone rang again. “It’s Dan,” he informed Sid before taking the call.
Sidney led me inside and sat me on the couch, and as I stared into my brother’s eyes that mirror mine, everything hit me all at once and I immediately started crying.
“Shh, it’s ok,” Sidney murmured quietly, holding onto me tightly.
“Emelie.. she... she... she attacked me,” I croaked through my tears. “I...I tried asking her about M...Max and she flipped. I started arguing back b...because she was being stupid and she...she... just lost it and threw a glass at me. I...I don’t understand...” I coughed hard.
“Understand what?” Sidney asked softly, stroking my long, curly hair.
“She blamed me for Max leaving! I...I don’t understand why.”
My twin brother pulled away and stared into my eyes. “She blames you? And that’s why she hurt you?”
I nodded, wiping my eyes, ignoring the pain in my cheek. “I...I don’t understand.”
Sidney nodded and looked at Marc. “I talked to Dan as I drove over here. She is suspended until further notice. Flower told him everything, and I texted Geno, Brooks, and Staalsy so they were aware of what’s going on as well. The three of them, myself, Flower, and the whole coaching staff is going in early tomorrow and we are going to tell the NHL. We can’t allow her to let this go,” Sidney said sternly as he read the alarmed look on my face. “We all know she’s been dangerous lately, especially to herself, but if she’s harming her friends and teammates, that is completely unacceptable. We are going to talk with the NHL and figure out the best way to handle this, then when she comes in tomorrow, we will pull her aside, away from you, and explain what is going on to her. And yes, I expect she will be furious, but it’s her own fault. We can’t allow her to play when she’s like this.”
I nodded absently, against my will. I feel like this is all my fault.
“Listen, Erra, this is what’s best for her. Dan figures that the NHL will command her to go through some therapy before she can return to the ice. I personally think that will be best for her.”
I nodded. “I suppose you’re right.” I wiped my eyes.
Sid rested his hand on my bandaged cheek. “I saw the picture. It looks like you took a skate blade to your face.”
My lips twitched slightly as though they wanted to smile. “Shut up.”
He laughed and kissed my forehead. “That’s my sister.”
“Will Dan inform everyone about what’s happening? I don’t want to talk to reporters about this.”
“He’s going to inform everyone about her suspension after we talk to her tomorrow morning. But not about what happened. The NHL commissioner, at least I think, is going to inform the rest of the hockey world in more detail about what happened. You won’t have to talk to anyone.”
“Ok.” I hugged my knees to my chest. “Is it my fault?”
“What?” Sid looked alarmed.
“Is it my fault that Max is gone?”
Sidney’s jaw dropped. “Oh, definitely not!” he said, hugging me to him again as Marc walked by, still on the phone. “Sierra, it was Max’s choice not to take what Ray offered, and it was Ray’s choice not to offer more. It had nothing to do with you.”
I sniffed. “Ok.”
“I’m sorry this happened to you, Erra. Em probably knew that you were the easiest one she could take it out on since you don’t play anymore and won’t have to worry about upsetting any chemistry.”
“I just want this night to be over,” I murmured.
Sidney shifted his position and let me lay down across his lay. “Go to sleep, sis. Flower and I will take care of everything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave comments :)