Status: Active

Baby, This Is Teenage Wildlife

Pink Power Ranger

I ended up staying the night at A.J.'s that night. Hey! Before you go judging, nothing happened. We stayed up all night talking. That's it! Anyway, when I got home I figured Katie would still be asleep, so I tried to sneak in and be quiet. Downside? I'm a very clumsy person. Upside? I was on my game today. I wouldn't trip over anything! Except the dog. Shit! I looked around and listened for some stirring in Katie's room. Nothing. Man, that was close. I was almost to my door. Just another three feet and--

"Late night?" I let out a yelp and turned to see Katie sitting on the counter drinking coffee.

"No." I coughed and stood up straight. "I was just going back to bed." I rolled my eyes. "I had to... pee."

"Uh-huh. Right. Then why are you in the same clothes you were yesterday?" Katie sipped some more coffee. Shit. Busted. "Did you stay at A.J.'s, perhaps?" I nodded in defeat. "You little hussy!" She joked.

"Coming from the girl moving in with her boyfriend in a week."

"Aaron and I have lived together before." Katie said in defense.

"Yeah... with his mom, sisters, and brother that you're in love with."

"I'm not in love with Nick!" She huffed and walked to her room. I laughed and grabbed me a Pepsi out of the fridge.

"If it helps, we just talked!" I yelled.

"Go away!" I heard from her room. I laughed and went to my room in hopes of a short nap.

~*~

"So, I made Katie mad at me today." I told A.J. as I took another grape from the bowl on the coffee table. A.J. chuckled and grabbed one too.

"How?"

"I told her that she's in love with Nick." I shrugged.

"Isn't she?" A.J. asked.

"You think she is too!? This is great! We can get people to show her that she is, and-"

"Kels. She's going to be with who she wants to be with. She obviously wants to be with Aaron for the moment." A.J. kissed my head gently.

"But-"

"No but's"

"Fine." I sighed and leaned on him as he put his arm around me.

~*~

One month. One month and A.J. and I are still together. Not one fight. Not one argument.

"Hey there, babe." A.J. said as he walked into the kitchen of my new apartment.

"Hey, sweetie." I smiled and kissed his cheek as he made his way past me to the fridge.

"Is it weird without Katie being here too?" A.J. asked as he took a Mountain Dew from the fridge.

"Yeah, but she's happy with Aaron, I guess." I shrugged and cracked another egg into the pan. "How was recording?" I asked him as he hopped up on the counter next to the stove.

"Alright, I guess. Oh, but on the way home, I got you a birthday present. Wait here. I'm going to get it from my car." He jumped down and ran out the apartment. When he finally came back inside, A.J. handed me a small wrapped box. "Just so my gift doesn't get mixed up with anyone else's, I want you to open it now."

"My birthday's not for another two months, babe." I took the box and set it to the side.

"Please?" A.J. begged. "Pretty, pretty please?"

Okay! Okay." I took the eggs out of the pan and put them on a plate. "There's your breakfast, by the way." I smiled and handed him the eggs.

"Thanks!" He smiled and shoveled them into his mouth. I smiled and picked up the tiny box and unwrapped it. Inside was a small pink Power Ranger.

"Uhm..." I stared at the gift for a minute. "Thanks?"

"I remember you telling me that you like the Power Rangers... and that pink is your favorite." A.J. shrugged. "It's one of the first things I learned about you... other than your name, that is." I tried so hard not to cry. Damn you, female hormones. "Do you not like it? I can take it back! Ah, crap."

"I love it." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Ew, you face is all wet!" He joked and wiped his cheek off.

"Oh, shut up." I laughed and A.J. gave me a kiss.