The Boy and the Bear

The Wisest in the Forest.

Pooh and Christopher Robin sit back in the grass and watch the bouncing pair have their fun. They childhood friends don't see much fun in just watching them bounce. However, they cannot possibly join the pair for they cannot jump quite as high, nor did it appeal to either of them. As the tiger and joey got a little farther away, Pooh's stomach growls and he mumbles to himself, "Oh bother..."

"Are you hungry, Pooh?" Asks the teen. Pooh nods humbly.

"Yes, Christopher Robin, I am rather hungry..." Pooh grins to himself. "I'd very much like some honey."

"Do you have any at home?" Asks Christopher Robin curiously.

"No, I haven't," says Pooh, not surprising anyone. "That's why I was at Rabbit's house earlier this morning. He wasn't home, so I thought I'd take a peak inside; and I got stuck."

"You silly old bear!" The boy exclaims. He pokes his friend in the rumbling stomach, watching his round eyes light up in glee before speaking once more. "Where do you think he might be?"

"I'm not quite sure." Pooh says as he scrunches up his nose, closing his eyes tightly and tapping his paw against his forehead. "Think, think, think..." He mutters, but it's still several moments before the yellow creature speaks up again. "I supposed Owl might know! Owl knows almost everything!"

"I do believe you're right," says Christopher Robin. The two agree to head to Owl's house, but first say goodbye to the bouncing pair. Roo is a little reluctant to let Christopher Robin leave, but he explains that he will see them again today, he nods and let's the boy and the bear set off on their own. It's not a far walk to Owl's house, but they decided to take their time. The boy even lifted the bear onto his shoulders and carried him all the way there.

They reach The Chestnuts, an old tree with quite a bit of charm to it, sooner they think. When they reach the old tree, the boy sets Pooh down on the grass and runs his eyes over two of the signs near the door; on under the pull-bell, one under the door knocker. Under the knocker, in Christopher Robin's childish print -and spelling- it read; PLES RING IF AN RNSER IS REQIRD. And under the pull-bell it read; PLEZ CNOKE IF AN RNSR IS NOT REQID. He smirks to himself, so glad for the fact that he know has a higher education.

Pooh thinks for a second or two and then grabs and pulls the pull-bell. The boy considers this; there would have to be an answer. There's a rustling noise inside the tree but soon the door opens, revealing a large brown owl with beady, knowing eyes. His beak forms into the closet thing a beak can get to a smile and wraps his wings around around the boy. "Christopher, my boy! It's certainly been awhile, hasn't it?"

"Far too long, Owl." Christopher Robin smirks.

"Oh Owl, I wish we could catch up with you, but this question really is important." The boy tries to hide his laugh. Silly old bear, always concerned with your honey! He thinks, but keeps it to himself.

Owl bows his head slightly, nodding to the yellow bear. "But of course! What can I help you with today, Pooh?"

"Have you happened to see Rabbit anywhere?" Pooh asks as he licks his lips slightly and pats his tummy. "I'd very much like to have some of his honey. Though, if you have any honey... May we come in?"

Both Owl and Christopher Robin chuckle. "I'm sorry but I do not have any honey any my home today, but I do believe the Piglet and Rabbit went to help Eeyore. It seems he has lost his tail again."

Pooh brightens up quickly, eyes almost sparkling. "I know where they are!" The bear takes the boy's hand in his paw and tugs. "We must hurry, Christopher Robin! There's honey involved!"

Christopher Robin giggles with glee, knowing that he could have never ask for a better friend than Winnie the Pooh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just two more chapters. I hope you all enjoy this so far!(:

Image