My So Called Cinderella Life

Talk in the Hallway

The few next days of school was sort of a blur to me. I was thinking about Dad's note. How he said I had to do a "scavenger hunt" to figure out the whole story.

Was Maragaret that strict that he couldn't even write a whole note?

I was so out of it.

"Marisa..."

"Marisa..."

"RISSAAAAAAA!!!!" Peter screamed into my ear. I jumped and exclaimed, "What?! You scared me half to death."

"What is up with you? You've been like dead the past week." Daniella began.

I sighed, "There's too many things."

"Too much homework?" Peter joked.

"No, it's so... confusing. Has to do with my dad. But I don't know where to begin. I don't even know if I can tell you guys. I don't know what he wants."

Peter sighed and grabbed my shoulders. "If you're not comfortable with it yet, you don't have to tell us. Whenever you're ready, we're ready to listen."

Daniella nodded in agreement and I placed my head on Peter's shoulders, pouting my mouth. He wrapped his arms around me and I closed my eyes for a split second.

I wanted to know what this game of Dad's was. What was the big deal? Why did it have to be like this?

If he still loved Mom, why did he get married again?

20 Little notes, scattered around the house like this. How was I gonna find it all? Will I ever know? Why did Dad write like he knew he was going to die?

I took my head off of Peter's shoulders and grabbed his hands that were on my shoulders. "I will tell you guys... Just, we have to be way alone. Like no Kayla... no Kate... no Margaret. It has to be only us."

They nodded. The bell rang and then we were off.

During the day in school, I went for a bathroom break and found Kaylie wandering the hallways as well.

"Kaylie!" I called softly. She smiled and waved. I pulled her aside to one of the lockers and started, "Kaylie... I found something last night. It was a note from my dad. He wrote that if I find it all around the house... then I will know why everything the way it is..."

She slightly smiled, "Really? You found the first one?"

I gave her a puzzled look like she already knew. Then I saw Kayla walking down the hallway and she called out, "Hey sissies!"

We pulled apart from each other and both sighed loudly. She wrapped her arms around Kaylie and looked at me with an upset look.

I sighed, "I'll see you later Kaylie."

"Bye Marisa."

I glared at Kayla once more and she smirked at me. I walked away from the two. About halfway, I stopped to look back and saw Kayla grabbing Kaylie's wrist... I wanted to walk back and stop her but Kaylie must have been used to it like I was. When did Kayla ever listen to me?

I looked away and started walking further away from them.

**Kaylie's Point of View**

"What were you guys talking about?" Kayla asked grabbing my wrist. I glared at her and grinned, "What do you want me to tell her? I can't say anything to her without you interuptting us."

She pointed at me, "I'm tired of having to baby sit you all the time. Both you and that idiotic girl are so stubborn."

"Don't call her idiotic. She's everything opposite of you in a good way."

She grabbed my chin. "Listen, sis. I don't wanna have to fight with you. But if I really have to be cautious of what you say around the girl, then I have to baby-sit you probably twenty four seven. Aren't afraid of what Mom's gonna have to face if that girl knows everything?"

I smiled, "She's your mother... Not mine. When did I ever care about her?"

Kayla glared at me... and pointed at me. "If you spill, you're going to hell. I have to warn you now."

"You barely even give a chance to me to have a decent conversation with her about anything. How can I spill anything if you're my bodyguard twenty four seven?"

"I know you wanna tell her everything, but face it... you're not... so leave it there." She threatened me, pushed my head and walked off.

I wanted to... slap her! So badly!

I have to help Marisa. Whatever it takes. I have to help her. Paul did leave notes around the house... I have to help her find them.

I'll do whatever it takes to have her find out everything.

**End of Point of View**

** Ryan's Point of View **

I was at my locker and saw Tammy coming towards me. I put my head into the locker and groaned.

"Ryan!" She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Hey Tam."

She smiled and twisted her hair, looking all shy. I continued, "What's up? Something about homework?"

She laughed. "Do I have to come to you when you need homework help?"

"That's when you normally come to me." I replied.

She placed her index finger from the top of my shoulders til' the my wrists and gave me a seductive look. I rolled my eyes and took her hands off of me, "What do you need Tammy?"

Her eyes changed feelings and she sighed, "I wanted to know... who you're taking to the ball. Because if it's not me, I will be mad!" She said pointing at me.

I chuckled. "Well, hate to break it to... but it's not going to be you. Besides, we don't have dates to this thing. We're all wearing masks."

She sighed, "Well... That's what they say. But basically, people are going together, you know."

"Tamm... I'm not going with you in either way. Did you forget that we already broke up?"

She rolled her eyes and continued, "Just because we're done, doesn't mean we can't go anywhere together. Friends, you know?"

I replied, "Listen. I wasn't planning on "taking" anyone at all... and if I were, I already have someone in mind... whose name is not Tammy."

She complained, "Come on Ry Ry... I did nothing wrong... You just broke up with me on the spot."

"You went to Paris... Posted pictures of you in a bed with two different guys holding a bottle of vodka. Do you really want me to think that it was another night out?"

"But..."

"Okay... I'm done. Can we stop talking about this? We're not getting back together and we're not going to the dance togehter."

I saw Marisa walking down the hall and smiled. Tammy looked back and snickered, "You're into the new freak girl? Wow."

"She's not a freak."

"Umm, she skateboards. Can you count how many people do that? And look at her, she's probably not into guys. I think girls have better luck than you do."

I pled, "Really... Tammy. Can you have a heart for at least five minutes? You know how many people you could help if you did have one for five minutes."

Then Marisa walked passed us and slightly smiled. I started, "Hey Riss." She slightly stopped and waved at me and then walked off. I quickly shut my locker and tried to go after her.

Tammy grabbed my arm and glared at me. "Tammy. You and I have done for a long time now. I am not into you anymore. i am not taking you to the dance because we don't need dates. And if you ever call Marisa a freak again, or spread any rumors about her being lesbian, you're dead... and I mean it. She's way better than some stuck up, rich brats that I know in this school..." Before she could say anything, I concluded, "And yeah, that includes you."

I shook my arm off of her grasp hard and ran after Marisa. I grabbed her arm, "Riss." She turned around, "Hey." Slightly smiling.

Wow, she was really pretty.

I didn't like her or anything. She was just, one of the prettiest girls that I have ever met. And she skateboards.

Seriously, she could become one of my best friends. She was really sweet and everything.

"Going to lunch yet?" I asked grabbing my straps on one of my backpack.

"Yeah, I just have to drop something off at the office and then I'm going. You have lunch now?"

"Yeah... Tory does too, so wanna get going? I'll go with you to the office."

She laughed, "Okay... sure. Thanks."

Waayyy better than Tammy.