My So Called Cinderella Life

The Plan

"You're going to the dance." Daniella said as she sat down.

I rolled my eyes and kept eating my ice cream. Peter snickered, "Riss. You're gonna get a cold eating ice cream all the time. It's getting cooler these days."

I sighed loudly and continued eating. Peter and I went skateboarding and bought Daniella and Kaylie along. Ryan was on tour for a week and Tory went with him to be his assistant. Now we were just hanging out at the mall before my curfew time was up.

Daniella continued, "You can't not go to this dance. First, it's like the biggest dance of all time... and you entered as a senior. Girl, you NEEEEED to get out."

"I would love to but first, I don't do dresses and second... Do you know Margaret and Kayla? They are not letting me out of the house on the day of the dance.

Kaylie patted my back. Daniella and Peter stayed quiet.

I saw Peter slightly smile and he smirked at me, "What if Margaret and Kayla doesn't know you're at the dance?"

Kaylie looked at Peter and back at me. I gave him a puzzled look, "And how exactly am I going to do that? That's impossible... Kayla's definitley gonna tell Margaret and for all I know, my privelages of life... is zero."

Daniella came in, "We all wear masks?"

"Okay. This is NOT cinderella where I can wear a mask and no one remembers me."

"Yeah, but you'll be in a dress... which never happens. First, no one will remember you and you can just find a humogo mask."

I stayed quiet and continued eating my ice cream. Followed my coke.

Kaylie started, "I actually think that's a good idea."

I looked at her, "You're crazy. Do you know how impossible it will be to go by Kayla and Margaret on the day of the dance. So not happening."

"But if we leave after Kayla leaves... We can make it happen."

I groaned, "All three of you. All insane."

Daniella joked, "We might actually have to watch cinderella movies to get some planning done."

Peter fist pounded her and I rolled my eyes. "Insane... That's all I can say."

"Come on, Riss! You're actually saying you don't wanna go to the biggest dance of your life and miss this before you go on to college. College is not going to be like this... That's just dorm parties... but this is maaad fun dude... Come on!"

Kaylie pled, "If we can actually make this work, would you wanna go?"

I stayed quiet. I did wanna go but I was going to die if Margaret and Kayla found out.

Kaylie continued, "She's quiet... Means, she definitley wants to."

Peter and Daniella had a huge smile on their face. Peter joked, "Well I guess it's time for the three little cinderella helpers to get some work done."

All three of them smiled at each other and I gulped. This was so not happening to me right now. I was not going to make it to this dance.

Kayla whispered in my ear, "If you go as not yourself, you can tell me about these notes."

I looked at her. Now, that was a wonderful idea.

Kaylie grabbed my arm and layed her head on my shoulder. Her eyes leaped over at Peter and Peter slightly winked at her. I just looked back and fourth in between them and shook my head.

"If I die, you guys are going with me." I concluded.

During the weekend, Kaylie went on a two-day college visit to University of San Francisco and I was stuck at home with Kayla and Margaret.

Doing chores, cleaning the house, cleaning the cars, making dinner.... well, basically any house work you can think about.

I tried finding Dad's notes around, but I still haven't found them at all. It's hard when Margaret's on the look out all the time.

I was mopping the kitchen floor when Kayla came running downstairs to Margaret. "Mom! Mom! I found the cutest dress online, and they have it at Fashion Valley! I have to go!"

"Honey. I'm a little busy with work today, plus I have a meeting at 2... Can't do it."

"Ahh, mom! Kaylie's not here, someone's gotta drive me."

Margaret went on talking to the phone and Kayla glared at me. I continued mopping and she sighed loudly, "Can I at least bring Marisa? I gotta show my dress off to somebody."

I gave her a puzzled look. Margaret looked at me, "Marisa... Go with Kayla please. And make sure you're dressed as well as you're sister... You look like a criminal with that outfit on."

I looked down and I was wearing skinny jeans and a white shirt and nike sneakers. Very... very... criminalized?

I finished mopping and went upstairs to grab my car keys. I changed my shoes into boots and put on a light jacket and jogged back downstairs.

Kayla stood up from the couch, "God... Took you long enough. Let's go."

We went to my car and I drove off.

When we arrived to Fashion Valley, she immediately ran to the store she wanted to go to. I continued walking at my pace and entered the store. She was picking out the dresses she wanted and the only waiting place they had was the window sill. So I sat down and watched her picked out the dress.

If I went to the dance, how was I going to pick out the dress? What was I going to be? What was I going to wear? How was I going to do this?

She finally went into the dressing room after and I just sat there waiting playing games on my iphone.

After a while, I heard a knock behind me and I turned around and it was Tory.

I waved at him and he came into the store. "Hey you."

"Hiiii" I greeted.

He sat down on the window sill with me and started, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh... I'm waiting for my step-sister to find a dress for the dance."

"The nice one or the other one?"

"Other one." I slightly whispered.

We laughed and he asked, "Are you going to the dance?"

"At the moment... I don't particularly think so. It's gonna be kind of hard."

"You should go... That way I can dance with you."

I smiled and looked at him, "I would probably step on your foot."

He shrugged, "I can handle it."

We met eyes and I slightly looked away... "Marisa!! What do you..." She came out and saw Tory and stood very still...

"And we have company. Hiiii, Tory."

He waved at her and she laughed. "What do you think, sis? Take a picture for me."

I took my iphone and took a picture for her and she went back inside. I looked at Tory and sighed loudly.

I got a text message and we both looked down. It was a random number saying, "Hey skater girl."

It was a San Diego area code, but I had no idea who it was. I had Tory look at the number, "You know who?"

"Oh... I think that's Ryan number. Let me check."

He checked his phone and nodded, "Yeah... That's Ryan."

I smiled and immediately texted back. Tory looked at me and frowned. I tapped his arms and started, "I feel very welcome at the school. You guys have been very nice to me."

He smiled, "You found the right group to hang out with. Ryan seems to really like you... He usually isn't THAT friendly with everyone."

"Really?"

I kind of got butterflies and shrugged. Kayla came out again and indicated for me to take another picture. I took the picture and she went back inside.

Tory stood up, "I should go. I would stay but I gotta get back to some business."

I smiled. "Isn't Ryan on skateboarding tour? I thought you went with him."

"I usually go with him only the first two or three days to help him out then I come back for school. I'm not the huge celebrity like him."

I nodded my head and Tory hi-fived me. "See ya."

He walked away and I continued texting Ryan. Ah, he was so cute. I always got butterflies when he was talking to me.

I think I was actually starting to like him.